z

Young Writers Society

Lord of the Flies

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:35 am
sasquash says...

Okay, another random storybook. Saw the book, loved the idea, but didnt like the book, so im changing it up a bit, to make it more interesting.

Story line

So, during the time of the french revolution, they were supposed to move the childeren to a safe location. As they tried to take a specific group of kids, the pilot fell asleep, and crash landed on an island. The pilot died, but the childeren are all fine, except a few bumps and bruises. We have to learn to live on our own in the wilderness.

Rules.(Goodness i hate this part.)

No godmodding.DUH!!
1 profile, but if the time brings the need for 2, pm me before you do, to get my permission.
No sex scenes. Its a little overboard, isnt it?
Yes, kissing is fine, and romance is fun to have, so go ahead.
I would appreciate it if you followed my bio outline, but change it if need be.
Remember, this is a group of normal childeren, not fantasy. I know its not as fun that way, but it helps the storyline.

Try to keep this between the ages of 10 and 17, considering they were taking out childeren, not adults.

Name:William Mcknight
Specialties: A good hunter, very good leader, and is very trustworthy.
Appearance: http://eclectic-fusion.deviantart.com/a ... ys-2681359
Background: Father in the war, wanted to join the army illegally, but father and mother would not let him.
Attitude: Fun loving, but can get serious on the drop of a pin.

Okay, ill get it started as soon as there is enought people. Dont ask if you can join, just join, it doesnt matter how far we are. I know how annoying it is when you cant join a storybook when its too far.
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:50 am
piepiemann22 says...

(I'm in.)

Name: Johnathan Saber

Specialties: Is good at understanding feelings of others. Can look at both sides of the picture. He was part of the track team, so he as endurance, but average strength.

Appearance: http://asami-chan.deviantart.com/art/De ... L-16725786

Background: His father was a politician. An activist he help fight the government from the inside. His mother had died a few years back and his father wished for his safety.

Attitude: Very laid back and aloof. In a way it helps his examination skills. He knows how to be serious, but not get upset with responsibility.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:37 am
MadHatter says...

Name: Peter Stephans

Specialties: Is good at leading. Can unite even the strongest enemies using his wonderful charisma. Now getting him to use it for good is another story.

Appearance: Tall and lanky. Has black hair and blue eyes. Has a minor scar on his face from a hunting accident with his father

Background: His father was a very rich man, but yet didn't live in a fancy house. Peter was practically raised in the forest, for his father always took him on his frequent hunting trips. He gets his evil intentions from his mother, who was a politician.

Attitude: Pompous and arrogant, but sly and clever. Always has something up his sleeve
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:24 am
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Senna Bently
Specialties: Hunting, fighting, cooking, climbing, running, (She loves the outdoors).
Appearance:long brown hair, sharp blue eyes, tan complexction, ( http://pixely.deviantart.com/art/Dreami ... s-24135204 )
Background: Not from a rich family, but not from a poor one either.
Attitude: She is tough because she is used to being picked on for being short. She can be meaner then anybody, but can also be the sweetest person on earth, the rest you have to figure out.

Other: She might be short, but she is just as tough as a guy twice her size and mean too. Don't make her lose her temper, you'll regret it. Being mean is her cover up for fear most of the time.

*Someone had to be a girl. :D*
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:49 am
Katharsis says...

Name:
Hyley Ridgway

Specialties:
Hyley can run, fast, though he seems to be inclined to hide the fact, holding an antipathy toward sport and its enthusiasts. Hyley is apt to explore, learn and investigate, though no more specific skills have yet revealed themselves.

Appearance:
Short and scrawny, Hyley has a crown of medium length, dark brown hair. His eyes are steel grey, and possess a striking simplicity and inquisitiveness. His features are sharp, yet pleasing.

Background:
Hyley's father was a mechanic, his mother something of a prolific writer, despite the lack of notice for her work. He was raised in a rural environment and developed a love for animals as a consequence.
He has a younger brother who was put on a different plane for smaller children.

Attitude:
Hyley is an eccentric boy, which might lead many to believe he is naive and child-like - which he is. But there is a hidden depth, intelligence and some indefinable charisma about him.
Last edited by Katharsis on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:23 am
darchoco says...

name: Michael Donner (Mike)

specialities:
able to keep calm in stressful situations, as well as being a large kid and good for manual labor. A good planner, and not just brute strength. Has a well taught head on his shoulders.

appearance: Tall than everyone else, he is broad-shouldered and well built from assisting his father in hauling lumber. Has a thick crop of brown hair that falls down to his shoulders in straight waves. His nose is slightly bridged, between two hazel eyes. tanned from constant work outside.

background: His father was a lumberjack, for lack of a better word, and his mother a teacher, so he was trained physically as well as mentally. From the heavy everyday life he is put through, he has learned to deal with stress in a calm fashion.

attitude: tries to emphasize on his intellegence side rather than his strength, and always trying to control others with a firm but kind hand. However, he doesn't like to be ruled over or commanded by anyone younger or smaller than him without good reason.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:23 am
darchoco says...

*Well I am going to get this started*

The black smoke emanating from the wreckage tore at his senses, and forced him to consciousness. Mike's first instinct was to move out of the thick abyss that was beginning to envelope his body. Coughing and sputtering, he forced his body upright, ignoring the sharp pain that decided to play through his body.

With a couple of steps, the smoke instantly dissipated, opening up to a lush green landscape. Thick palm trees lined the outer rim of a thin beach that stretched to the end of his sight. Coconuts, like thick rocks, jutted out of the sand in uneven patterns. Past the line of Palm trees, a thicker forestry waved at him as the wind blew. Mike almost raised his hand and waved back.

The shock still had not settled in about what happened. He let his eyes wander across the painted land, until he saw a small figure slowly growing bigger as it shifted towards him from the beach.

*I am opening it up here... come on work with me!*
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:33 am
piepiemann22 says...

John rubbed his head furiously. The plane jumped across the water and through him out the whole in the back sending him into the water. Rubbing his shoulder he looked up to see one of the other kids standing there. John hurried to him, "Do you know what happened?"

"No man, you?"

John shook his head. then a sound pierced the silence. A young girl was trapped under some dibree. John and the other kid rushed over. He lifted the metal board wile the other kid pulled the girl out. She seemed fine, but her leg was bleeding.

"I'm going to see if I can find more." John turned and leaped into the darkness.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:02 am
TNCowgirl says...

Senna watched the other kid go as she tried to look at her leg. The other guy that had stayed wouldn't let her.

"Stay put, the more you fight it the more it will bleed." He said calmly.

"I can wrap it up myself." Senna said trying to sit up again, "I might be small, but I can take care of myself."

"Your welcome for pulling you out of the debre." He laughed, Senna crossed her arms and glared at him.

*Sorry it is short and she is mean, don't take offense to it*
Want a Readers crit???

33 Reviews

Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:35 am
Katharsis says...

Hyley's eyes fluttered open. His first instinct was to call for his mum, but he quickly realised- with a splutter -that his mouth was full of sand. Everything was blurry, his body ached all over, and he was cold and wet. He rolled over and arduously pushed himself up.

His bleary eyes focussed, and the now vivid sight struck him like a tonne of bricks. A beach lay before him, littered with debris and fragments of what was once a plane. A broken metal frame was all that was left; scraps of smoking iron, shattered seats and luggage cases spewing their innards sporadically decorated the vision. How many other children had there been? Where were they? Hyley's heart was pumping rapidly, his eyes wandered erratically over the crash site again and again, searching.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:45 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Name: Jenny Mains

Specialties:
cooking - it's all she knows

Appearance:
quite chubby, but tall. Painfully plain features, sunburns easily, glasses set on green eyes. Her hair is dyed red, and she is extremely neat.

Background:
Orphan. Cooked for the orphanage. Doesn't know where she belongs.

Attitude:
Aloof. Cares about younger children. Hates other females. Isn't a team player, and likes to intentionally hurt small creatures.
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:55 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Jenny groaned. Tried to roll over. She gasped in pain as her back scratched against metal. She tore her shirt struggling away from the greedy grasp of the cruel metal.

A lady bug flittered past, and she reached out and snatched it out of the air, squishing it between her thumb and forefinger; immediately she felt better. She wiped the gooey mess onto her pleated skirt and stood up.

"What the fuck happened?"

A boy heard her, and wandered over to Mains, "Looks like we landed."

"Very funny, Whimpo. Is anyone dead?"

"My name is Hyley, fag, and yes, seems like the pilot's never gonna fly again." He said and pointed to something hanging out of a palm tree, "I'd say he's pretty knackered right now."

"Nice." Jenny looked around, "Where's the rest of the plane?"
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

33 Reviews

Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:47 am
Katharsis says...

He cast another searching gaze over the wreckage, then looked to his company. She was a plump girl, a lot taller than him. Her red hair was frizzy from the crash, and sand was ubiquitous on her figure.

"I think this is it."

He guessed he didn't look much better, his hair was plastered to his scalp and his clothes were soaked and spattered with sand. Brown shorts and a white, button-up shirt. His shirt clung to his chest, outlining his pathetic frame and offering his pale complexion beneath. He could almost feel the sun burning him already. His eyes and forehead stung. Touching a finger to his forehead experimentally, he recoiled when he saw blood.

"Just a scratch, whimpo. And stop rubbing your eyes, it'll just make it worse. The salt'll stop soon." There was an unbefitting note of subdued compassion in her voice, "Come and give me a hand, maybe there's something left in the wreckage we can use. Food, water, matches. Bandages." She added the last word with the same odd tone.

Hyley just nodded, there was no point in protesting her insults- or commands. He flashed a smile and trudged alongside her as they headed further into the field of wreckage.

110 Reviews

Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I'm Mike," He offered sticking his hand out to her.

"Senna" She said shaking his hand, pain shot up her leg and she winced again. "My jacket it laying over there, can you grab it." He hesitated then went and grabbed the blue jacket, it was torn terrible.

"I don't think you will get much use out of this." He said tossing it to her. Senna smiled and tore a peice off. She slowly wrapped it around the cut on her leg and then looked around again.

"You wouldn't happen to have a knife would you, mine was in my bag and is who know where." She said looking for two sturdy sticks she would be able to use as crutches, if she could walk around she might be able to help build a shelter while the other guy was looking for survivors. "We'll need that canvas, and the air plane wing," She listed off out loud to herself as she kept scanning for sticks. Pain flew through her leg as the wind kicked up and some sand got under the bandage.
Want a Readers crit???

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 pm
MadHatter says...

Peter opened his eyes. Where the hell was he? The plane...the turbulance...it was all coming back to him. He patted himself down to see if he was seriously injured. Finding only some minor scrapes and bruises he got up.

"Please! Someone help me!" He looked over to see a young boy trapped under a seat covered in oil. Flames were slowly nearing the chair as well. Did he really have to save that boy? He started to head over to the bay when he saw his backpack. "Hmmm...." The boy or the bag? The bag. He grabbed it and inspected it. It was in good condition. Peter heard a scream and the sounds of flames ingulfing something. HE turned around and snickered. The entire chair was a blaze, the boy undetectable beneath the fire. "Serves you right. You couldn't even save yourself."

He walked over to a large group of kids to listen to what they were talking about. "What are we going to do? Who's going to lead us? I'm scared!" Peter snickered as he heard these. To them, this was hell, but to him, this could turn out to be heaven.

Peter pushed aside some kids to get into the center. "Hello, my name is Peter."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47