z

Young Writers Society

Time and Time again

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:53 pm
Rydia says...

Solomon is the most powerful wizard who has ever lived. Throughout his life he has done much good and as a reward, the grim reaper extended his life and rewarded him with the additional knowledge of the day he would die. Almost two hundred years later and that day has come and Solomon has realised that he fears death. But he has a plan. He has developed a spell that will cause the day to last forever.

However, this could destroy the world. Our characters must work together to find out why it has now been day for almost twenty hours and how to set things right again. If need be they will have to battle with Lord Solomon or perhaps seek the help of the grim reaper himself.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:43 pm
MadHatter says...

(Okay, before I post I'd like to ask if I can be the Grim Reaper?)
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12 pm
Gwenevire says...

(Sounds fun... But I am sad that I can't join y'all!)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:52 pm
Rydia says...

Grim reaper is all yours Hatter and why not Gwen?

Here's my character -

Name= Adelaide.
Nickname= Adi.
Age= 27.
Hair= Long and silky black, often worn in a plait down her back.
Eyes= A bold violet.
Complexion= Mildly tanned.
Race= Witch.
Personality= Smart, witty, intelligent and very caring.
Other= In this world, witches, wizards and warlocks are divided into covens of thirteen. Some are all witches or all wizards and others are mixed. Adi is in a mixed coven with seven witches, two warlocks and four wizards.

"Now, you all know the reason I have called this meeting. Something is wrong. The balance between night and day has been broken." the head of the coven paused as more people drew closer, filling the gaps within our circle.

"What's so bad about that?" one of the younger witches asked but she was silenced by her sister.

"It's a good question," the coven leader mused. "As long as the day lasts, we will not grow older, the day will not grow colder, no flowers will wither, no animal will die. For those who were destined to die this day have done so and those destined to die tomorrow will not. Now do you see what troubles me?"

"I think I do," I stepped forward, into the circle. "If the day does not end, then nothing can move forward. No one will be able to live and the equilibrium will be broken. This unbalance can't be sustained for long."

"That's right," the coven leader acknowledged. "so I've arranged a meeting with the elves, the humans, the goblins. With everyone I could contact. We need to summon the grim reaper. We need his help."
Writing Gooder

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:09 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Wait, do they have to be a wictch, wizard or warlock???

Name= Senra
Nickname= none
Age= 21
Hair= mediumish brown hair that she wears in a pony tail
Eyes= sharp blue
Complexion= tanned.
Race= Hybrid (Vamp/were)
Personality= Loyal, nice, shyish, can take people being mean to her but be mean to her friends (she doesn't have family) she will explode.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:17 pm
Rydia says...

Not at all. Any species is open and thanks for joining.
Writing Gooder

141 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:08 am
MadHatter says...

Name: Grim S. Reaper

Weapons: A scithe duh?

Voice: Has a jamaican accent

Bio: Duh! He's death! He can kill you whenever he feels like. Has extreme powers over the under world and the living dead.

(Post later)
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:03 am
Squall says...

Hey Kitty, this is actually a pretty good idea. I like. May I ask if I could incoporate the race/ job classes of my fantasy to this story book? I think my fantasy ideas would work very well with it.

Thanks.

Hatter: Scythe is spelt "scythe".
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:35 am
Rydia says...

Of course you may squallz. And nice bio Mad other than that slip of the scythe :wink:
Writing Gooder

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:56 am
Reyu says...

I almost want to apply for the position of Solomon...
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:19 pm
Squall says...

Name: Dimitri
Alias: Cataract of the Hourglass
Hair: Brown hair that flows down to his shoulders. Hair covers one of his eyes.
Eyes: Brown (though they are sometimes hidden behind his visor shades)
Complexion: A bit tanned, cute/ handsome
Build: Slim
Race: Human

Job: Time Charterer (AKA Chartered Accountant of Time, or CAT in abbreviated form)
Job description: Time Chartering is the measurement, disclosure or provision of assurance of information related to time that helps managers, investors, tax authorities and other decision makers make efficient use of time itself. Time Charterers are also sentinels of time itself and therefore, any conflicts that occurs with time must be investigated and resolved.

Story character originated from: Esper's Sepulchral I

Personality: Cunning, intelligent, manipulative if need be, gentlemanly in a cool and casual way.

Other: In the world where Dimitri originated from, a metaphoric concept known as “Mirror” is a big influence on how people view Life and Death. This concept is derived from facing at a medium which can generate a reflection. The reflection is Death itself and the medium that separates Life and Death is known as the Threshold.

When he was around the age of ten, Dimitri reflected on the strict religious teachings of “Mirror”. As he matured, he began wondering as what will happen next in time. He continued pondering, further and further until he started thinking of the moment of his Death. That’s when he started to wonder of what Death will be like.

Wanting to escape this inevitable fate of Death, he wanted to become a Time Charterer, for he was praised by his parents, peers and teachers of his strong mathematical knowledge and interest in numbers. It was not also one of those jobs that didn’t require him to use his knowledge of “Mirror” nor did he have to be reminded of the existance of such a cruel belief.
Last edited by Squall on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:19 pm
Rydia says...

Only almost? If you want the position, it's yours Reyu so what's stopping you from taking it?

And a fantastic bio by the way Squallz!
Writing Gooder

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:07 pm
Maybe says...

This looks really cool. I'll join.

Name: Samuel
Nickname: Sam
Hair: Dirty blond, wavy. Wears down to his shoulders.
Eyes: Brown or Green (Changes, usually depending on his mood. Green is usually sad, depressed, or in pain. Brown is everything else)
Complexion: Tan
Race: Wizard
Personality: Witty, cunning, intelligent, spiteful, and sarcastic. He distances himself from most people. He absolutly HATES crowds. He'll do everything to aviod large groups of people.
Other: Doesnt belong to a coven. Basically a wanderer.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:49 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Can I ask something that may sound weird? Can their be multiple Grim Reapers? Like, a rival or ally to Grim? Because I'd love to play something like that. But if that's no go, no worries. ^_^ This just seems really cool.
ohmeohmy

141 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:06 am
MadHatter says...

(Not to take too much from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, but you could be the Reaper's arch rival, The Boogey Man.)

GRIM

"What a beautiful morning!" Grim laughed as he woke up. His view of central hell was a good one. He could see everything downtown. The butchers shop, the elementary, even the house of Demons. But, he deserved it. He was the president of the UUMD (The United Underworld Monsters and Demons).

"Um sir, you have a couple of deaths today. Ah...one General Skar, a Mrs. Bellworthy, and a Mr. Steven. They all die at three."

"Okay...lets get started."

Half goat, half fish, all goatfish.
— OSP Red