z

Young Writers Society

Races of Elsmeron

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:12 pm
Maybe says...

Time period: Medieval-esque (No guns, super technology, etc. Swords=good) There is magic (Magicians, mages, magi, sorcerers, sorceresses, necromancers, etc. are all good.)

Seting/Plot Base: In a more-or-less peaceful world much like our own- and yet much different- live races of beings ruled by single leaders that represent each of them. But...when he leaders get together, one turns on the rest, killing a fellow leader. Then all chaos breaks loose...

Creatures/Races that inhabit Elsmeron: Humans, fantasy creatures...stuff like that. No aliens, please. Keep it medieval-ish.

Rules:

-No god modding!
-No more than two characters per person.
-No killing other people's character's without their permission.
-Do not kill a character and bring them back to life. If they're dead, they're dead. Leave them that way. If you want to make a new character to replace the old, feel free, just be sure you have no more than two characters at a time.
-Be sure to include your character's profile (Use mine as an example, if you're not sure)
-And, of course, have fun.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:39 pm
Lethero says...

Name: Lethero
Race: Werewolf
Education: Very High
Appearance: White fur and white hair, tanned skin, and deep blue eyes. Wears a black long jacket (like the one on my avatar) and keeps a claymore on his back.
Description: Son of the Werewolf leader and follows him to every meeting. Always stays in Werewolf form for reasons of his own. Was taught to use magic, but hardly ever uses it (uses it only for special reasons), but his teachers said he would be a very skilled mage if he just used it more often.

*Tell me what you think Ariel.* :)
Last edited by Lethero on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:59 pm
Maybe says...

*You dont have to go quite as overboard as i did on the profiles. I was just bored. Sorry. :oops: :D )

Name: Ramere

Race: Human

Education: High

Family: Brother, Humma

Appearance: Light brown hair that reaches his shoulders and brown/green eyes. He has sharp features and his eyes are cunning and quick. He is tall and slim and wears red or black robes with a black cloak. He almost alway has his hood low over his face. He is handsome in a mysterious kind of way.

Personality: Secretive, mysterious, sarastic, sly, witty, charming (when he wants to be) and observant. When you first meet him, he can seem like the meanest person alive. He will be bitter, untrusting, suspicious, and make sarcastic gibes at you (as self defense). But once you earn his trust he will become more like himself. When he IS himself, he is witty, sly, and mischievous. He has an incredibly quick mind, is inteligent, and is very ambitious. He normally sticks to himself, and never lets ANYONE get too close to him. He only talks to two or three people as an equal.

History: He grew up with his older brother, Humma, in the palace. There he was tutored by some of the greatest magic users in the wold and became an incredibly powerful mage and necromancer. But...being so young, he is ambitious and takes risks that are constantly putting him in danger. He accidently injured his father when he was 11 as a result. His parents dies four years ago because of the plague. Ramere himself had come close to dying, but his solid will had kept him alive. Now he lives in the palace with his brother, ocasionally traveling from place to place. Just recently, when the war broke out, he has been called upon more and more by his brother for advice.

Ocupation/Position: Head mage of the human order. Also advisor to the leader of the human order.

Weapons: His magic, a silver dagger, and his staff. The staff he carries posseses magical powers of its own, some of which Ramere have yet to discover. It is incredibly valuable and he never lets it out of his sight.

Abilities: Is a powerful necromance and mage, meaning he can command the dead and also do other magicks (like lifting stones, fire bolts, etc.)

Name: Humma

Education: High

Family: Brother, Ramere

Appearance: Straight black hair reaching his jaw line and sky blue eyes. He has shapr features and prefers wearing armor to anything else. He is tal and muscular and handsome.

Personality: Humma is honest, trustworthy, honorable, but cautious. He is powerful, bu not in the way his brother is. He commands all the humans all over Elsmeron, which is a tough job for a 35 year old with a little brother constantly getting himself into scraps. He is kind and considerate to those lower than him, and unlike his brother, he is not ambitious.

Ocupation/Position: Head of the human order.

History: Grew up at the palace. When he was only five, his father began to teach him the ways of leadership. Now that his father is dead, along with his mother, he is now in control. And he wants nothing more to resore peace to the world.

Weapons: A silver sword and a silver and iron pendant at his neck (a symbol of his god.)

Abilities: Is an amazing swordsman. Can also do very minor magicks for use of self defence only.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:28 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Trinity

Race: Human/angel (is that allowed???)

Education: Good

Family: none

Appearance:Long black hair, sharp sky blue eyes, a tan complection, she is athletic, short, skinny, athletic, build.

Personality: Quiet, calm, has a terrible temper but it takes a lot to get it to show. She is a normally nice person, is very reserved around strangers, is loyal to good friends, and isn't afraid to fight

History: It isn't really known, she has always been on her own

Ocupation/Position: wanderer

Weapons: knives, and her 'majic', and a sword that she thinks was her fathers

Abilities: can heal, bring lightening down when she pleases, fly (wings that are hidden), put up a sheild, and shoot out white fire from her hands, she can do other things with majic if she gets taught, but because she isn't full angel she has to be taught to learn anythign but what I listed. :D
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:57 pm
Lindsaroo says...

Name: Mirabelle (Belle for short)
Appearance: Long blond hair pulled back most of the time in a braid. Really nice blue eyes. Slim and nice build. Very pale skin.
Race: human
History: Father was a werewolf, but her mother wasn't and the gene wasn't passed on. It was to her older brother though. He's long gone now though. Still lives with her parents for the time being. Dad is never home though and he doesn't care about her very much. Her mother just makes her work all the time.
Other: Really nice and sweet. Will trust anyone she meets. Isn't skilled in protecting herself, but she isn't weak. She could do pretty good in hand to hand combat, but hasn't been tought anything with weapons because no male would teach her even though she begged.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

116 Reviews

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:18 pm
Maybe says...

Ok Linds. Your profile looks good. ^^

TN, yep, thats allowed and sounds great. Are you going to be classified as a human, or angel. Just so we can determine what group your siding with...

Ash, sounds good.

I'll post in the morning. If anyone wants to start, feel free. Just leave my characters out for the time being. Mentioning them is ok, just dont bring them in please. ^^

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:10 am
piepiemann22 says...

(I'm in)

Name- Travis

Age- 16

Appearance- www.webotaku.com/images/dossiers/0-99/76/16s.jpg
160 x 108 - 4k

Race- Nephilim (Son of an Angle)

History- Unknown. He can barley remember anything of his past. His goal his to find out where he came from.

Personality- Arrogant. He's hot headed and usually rushes into things. Even so, he has a high understanding of things around him if he stops and listens.

Weapon- A wooden sword. It was said to be blessed. It can block metal blades, but does not kill unless it's master wishes it. A demon slayer. It can also defend against magic, but to what extent depends on the wielder.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:04 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Angel I think, She is more of a wanderer but I'll base her with the angels
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:16 pm
Alice says...

Alrighty I'm in! ^.^ and you know me she's gonna be a...you guessed it VAMP!

Name: Azrellia
Golden blond hair
icy blue eyes
Vampire
Personality: flitty, self concious, is whoevers friend that needs one, has a habit of scaring people before they get to know her.
Weapon: her fangs of course! and her nails, and occasionally a ceromonial dagger.
I just lost the game.

185 Reviews

Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:41 pm
piepiemann22 says...

(So, I'll start off if you guys don't mind. Or should we wait?)

185 Reviews

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:55 pm
piepiemann22 says...

(I'll start I suppose.)

Travis looked around. the town was dark and seemed deserted. he walked the streets in silence. Another place where people were afraid to go out at night. There's been a lot of tension lately between the major races. Not only that, there have been a lot of Demon sitings in the area which is why Travis was there in the first place.

Travis heard a girl scream behind him and turned. The young woman was running down the dimly lite street right at him. She was too far for him to see why she was running, but as she got closer she realized what it was. A poseser spirit. He drew his sword.

The young woman called for him to help her, but he stayed there in a fighting stance. Once she ran passed his he leaped at the ghost bringing his sword through it. The spirit disappeared inside the sword.

"You alright?" Asked Travis. Once he turned around she was hugging him with all her might, tears in her eyes. "It's okay, it's gone. Please, tell me your name?"

"Belle, my name's Belle." She said whipping her eyes.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:42 pm
Rydia says...

I think I shall join.

Name= Arwyn is her original name but she has gone by many other names and tends to think of herself as Melody.

Age= 24. She has lived much much longer than that but she appears to be 24.

Appearance= Melody is tall with soft, feminine features. Her hair is long and dark chestnut and her eyes are deep green. Her figure is curvy and she has a slightly olive complexion.

Race= Muse (Do you mind?)

Education= Beyond high. She is education in a way because she inspires and teaches others.

Family= None. She knows a few other muses and she has charges (people she inspires) but no direct family.

History= She has been around for centuries inspiring great people to do great things. Currently she is watching over Humma but she does a lot of freelance work too.

Other= There is a common misconception that muses are not physical beings but in this world they almost are. Arwyn is able to take on a physical form when she desires and live a normal life with relationships and jobs. That's one reason for her many names and at the moment she is living within the palace as a serving girl called Melody.

Abilities= Arwyn can walk unnoticed amongst people if she wants because she's not actually there, merely imagination and due to this she can travel to the other side of the world in a moment just by thinking it but that's only in her normal state. If Arwyn takes on a physical form she retains only her power to inspire people and can't shift back until a period of twelve hours has passed.

That okay?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:22 am
Alice says...

"Ramere!" Azrellia shouted, "Humma! I need to talk to you two!"

"What Azrella?" Ramere asked.

"I need help finding somebody who can repair my dagger," she held a broken piece in each hand, the blade still sharp enough to easily cut her skin if she moved it at all.

"Good Lord Azrella!" Humma said taking it away from her, "what have you been doing?"

Azrella blushed, but didn't say anything. She'd rather not say she was testing it against her fangs and it broke. One of them would figure it out eventually.

**Hope this is okay with you Ariel!**
I just lost the game.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:42 am
Lethero says...

Lethero made the flame appear in his hand as his teacher instructed him how to do it. "Good Lethero," said his magic instructor. "that was your first try too. Oh, and don't you think it be better to be in your other form, I can smell your fur burning."

"I stay in wolf form, I haven't been in my other form for years. Besides, I need no magic, i find it useless." He snuffed out the flame and stood up. "That's it for the day teacher, I have to prepare with my dad to go to the Race Meeting." The teacher looked offended as Lethero walked out of the room.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 pm
Saphira says...

This sounds interesting. I'll post my profile but i will post later.

Name: Liselle

Appearance: Dark red curly hair that reaches over her shoulders. She has green eyes. She is small and slim. She mainly wears black with a deep blue cloak.

Personality: Secretive and careful. She is very wary of people but learns to trust them with time. When people first meet her they think that she is shy but she is really checking out peoples personalities. She has a sardonic sense of humor.

History: She grew up on a farm with her aunt but started to travel when her aunt died four years ago. She was taught how to fight by a werewolf traveler and then she had been searching or a job in the main human city ever since.

Weapons: Three daggers, a silver stake and a bow (long wooden staff used for fighting)

Abilities: Experienced fighter and spy. No magical powers yet discovered.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx