z

Young Writers Society

Halo Reborn

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:46 pm
MadHatter says...

Okay, this storybooks, as the title implies, is about Halo. But it's not the Halo storyline. The storybook is set in an alternate universe where there are no Halo's, no Covenant, nothing. The SPARTAN's are all alive (They have thousands in this world) and serve as Earth's military (though regular humans also serve.). All seems well, but all good things must come to an end.

While the Halo's in our world the Earth-Covenant war was being fought, a psychic species named the Taxxons in this world picked up a the instructions of the Halo's. Failing to comprehend the instructions they soon created several smaller ones, who's power was soley for destruction (which was unknown to them). The Brutes soon took over the Taxxon's, envying there advanced technology. They used the rings to destroy several small moons to test out if the weapons worked. Unfortunatley they did. The Brutes evnetually found the Elite homeworld which they destroyed, leaving very few alive.

Back on Earth, the Elites paired up with the humans in hopes of stopping the growing Brute empire. The Spartans and the Elites soon left on an interstellar travel to find the empire and destroy it.

The Brutes Taxxon slaves soon picked up the information of the Covenant, hearing everything from rank to religion to vehicle plans. The Brutes soon set up what they called "The New Covenant" that seeked world domination. The reconstructed all of the vehicles that of our Halo world's Covenant used (Scarabs, Banshees, Wraiths etc.)

By the time the SEA (SPARTAN Elite Alliance) reaches The Brute main city, no one was there. Through library records they find out Earth has been over populated by the Brutes and is the new capital of the Empire. The SEA was now in the center of the empire, with no where to go. They gathered New Covenant ships left behind and loaded up for a full speed attack on the Brutes and there dingy Covenant.

Oh boy that was long....well on to the rules

-Characters can be either Elites or SPARTANS, or a member of the New Covenant. You can use your custom Spartan or Elite as your character if you own Halo 3 or create your own. Master Chief is no avalible because in this world, he's dead.

-NO GOD MODDING

-One character per person

-You can use the guns from Halo or your own, but no endless amunition or invicible armour

-All armour is regular Mark VII armour (The classic Master Chief armour)

-Use profiles please

Name: Shadow

Species: SPARTAN

Number: P73

Armour Color: Black Primary, Purple Secondary

Personality: Always a great leader, yet not very friendly. It's his way or the highway. Likes to have his own stuff (Custom Hornet, Mongoose, Warthog, Pelican)

Weapons: Battle Rifle, Grenades, and anything thats handy

CURRENT PLANET.....GASTROM

Shadow jumped unto his sleek black mongoose. The general voice rang out in his helmet. "We have spotted the Scarab! We have one Scarab!"

"I know I know. I can see it." He speed towards the towering beast-like machine.

"Take it out now! We have injured not far---" He voice crakled in and out.

"Dammit. They jammed my signal. He skidded to a halt not far from the Scarab. Several Hornets circled the machine, blating at it's legs. He pulled out his Spartan laser and aimed for the joint of the leg right in front of him. It ripped through the hunk of metal like it was paper. The Scarab fell to the thick jungle ground with a crunch. He leapt onto the back of the Scarab. A Grunts came running toward him but that was no problem. He pulled out his energy sword and stuck it as quickly as possible.

He ran up the ramp to the top and spotted several Taxxons. He beat one of them down and shot the other. A brute with a Gravity Hammer heaved himself up from the ground and lunged at Shadow.

"I'll kill you Human!"

"I don't think so." He stuck the brute with a grenade and pushed him off the side. Shadow watched as the brute fell and exploded right before he hit the ground. "I love the smell of fried Brute in the morning." He ran over to the engine and shot it to a pulp. The self destruct countdown went of and he jumped off the side. He grabbed his Mongoose and speed off into the distance. The explosion went off and shook the ground, and most people would be scared. But not Shadow. He'd done this a million times.

"That's why I'm the best of the best."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:13 am
piepiemann22 says...

(I'm so in)

Name- Archangel

Species- Spartan

Number- Z71

Armour Color- White primary, black secondary.

Age- Unknown

Personality- Quiet in a way. Isn't afraid to put his life on the line. A holy man people call him archangel because he's like a soldier from god. He has a black cross painted on his shoulder.

Weapons- Anything he can find. Always has a pistol and assault rifle handy. An excelent pilot and driver many rely on him for that.

On Gastrom with Shadow.

(Will post soon.)
I will always fight back, no matter what.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:32 am
Knurla says...

(Heck yes!!! Girls play Halo, too!)

Name- Lustra

Species- Spartan

Number- G47

Armour Color- Red primary, black secondary.

Age- 28

Personality- Sweet, but stern during battle. She won't hesitate to step up and take the lead when needed, especially when there's a few brutes involved.

Weapons- Brute plasma rifle, Needler, and of course grenades.

Currently on base with the General.

141 Reviews

Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:57 am
MadHatter says...

"How many dead or wounded." Shadow asked his Elite assistant.

"Ah..two dead, four injured. The deceased are Private Johnson, and Spartan 71."

"Harvard? Those Covies..." He shot his Battle Rifle at a nearby tree. It ripped it to shreds. A body of a Grunt fell from the tree. "A grunt..that means...EVERYONE DOWN!" They all fell to the ground just as the ambush released fire. Shadow crawled over to a nearby rock. "This should teach them." He chucked a plasma grenade over his shoulder. He heard some screaming and a loud explosion. Chunks of grunts and Taxxon flew everywhere. Then, all was still.

"Do you think they're gone?" His elite whispered to him.

"I don't think so. They wouldn't send simply Grunts and Taxxon to do an ambush. Shh." He peered over the rock. A soft whizzing sound was the only noise that could be heard. He turned back around. "It's-AH!" Brute spikes covered the Elite. A huge team of Brutes stepped out of the jungle thicket.

"Thought we'd stop by. Hope you don't mind."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:10 am
Dynamo says...

(You know, this is an odd coincidence. I just got off my Xbox after playing Halo 2 for a while. I've almost beaten the game, by myself, on heroic.)

Name: Dynamo (I like my name, sue me.)

Species: SPARTAN

Number: L38

Armour colour: Yellow primary, Black secondary

Personality: Head strong and cocky, loves the heat of battle. Although he's young, he's very skilled in battle. When he fights, it's only him, his enemy, and his gun.

Weapons: Battle Rifle and dual weapons.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:11 am
Knurla says...

"General, I have the systems at full speed again. You should be able to communicate with the team clearly now." She nodded and headed over to the far side of the room, next to the General.

"Good work soldier. Get this thing going for me, I need to get in on the action down there." He grinned, but kept his hard posture next to her. She turned it on, and gave him the ok to speak. Thank technology.

"Spartan 73....Spartan 73! Damn it Shadow, answer me! Them Brutes done took you down that fast? Boy, get yourself together and talk to me!" The General's voice was deep and demanding, as well as pushy. Lustra flickered her eyes over to him; he should have a little more patience, Shadow could be neck deep in brutes right now.

141 Reviews

Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:17 am
MadHatter says...

"Ah...general..we got company. Lot's of it." Shadow half laughed, half yelled into his comlink while dodging brute spikes and shooting the Brutes. God he hated days like this, but that's what you get for being head of the attack team.

"Who's it now?"

"Brutes, Taxxons, Grunts, you name it, it's here." He beat down an advancing Taxxon. It's strange blue blood splattered on his chest.

"How many down?"

"How would I know? Just send help, and fast. Get me Cortana." It was dead quiet on the other line.

"Did you hear me, get me Cortana."

"I can't. No I...I won't...I can't!"

"Well, you just lost twenty three Spartans."

185 Reviews

Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:24 am
piepiemann22 says...

Archangel swore under his breath after hearing a scattered message from shadow. He quickly turned his warthog around. The two marines nearly fell off.

One yelled, "Where are we going sir, the rendevoue is that way!"

"Change of plans, were heading into battle. Get tactical Marines!"

The one in the gunner locked the chain into the gun and the other loaded his battle rifle. It wasn't long before they found Shadow pined down behind a rock. Suddenly Archangel saw a rocket coming right at him, "Hold on!" He swerved right and then sharply left causing the warthog to balance on two wheels, the rocket just missing the under belly of the vehicle.

Stopping the warthog behind the rock the gunner could shoot over the top while Archangel and the other marine jumped out.

"What took you so long," said Shadow breathing heavily.

Before Archangel could answer the warthog blew up, a banshee in the sky. "Dammit, did you call command?"

"I made contacted, but we're on our own for now."

"Great, my kind of odds." Archangel raised his rifle and swirled around the rock shooting at the nearest enemy.

141 Reviews

Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:39 am
MadHatter says...

Shadow smiled. "No need to worry. I saved this one for later." Shadow pulled out a small remote from his inside his armour. He pressed one of the many buttons on the small black square. HONK HONK! A huge black Warthog flew into the clearing. Instead of a machine gun turret on the back of the vehicle, it was the cannon of a New Covenant Wraith (Painted black as well).

"What's that?" Archangel looked at the Warthog in wonder. "And what the heck is it doing driving around in the middle of a battle?"

"I hid it in our crashed Pelican for safe keeping. Get on NOW!" The surviving Spartans and Marines behind the rock all piled in as quickly as possible.

'For a machine that holds three, this is roomy."

"It's bigger than normal. Now hold on." Shadow slammed on the gas and ramped the rock. The attacking Convies screamed with rage as the wheels of the Warthog crushed them into the hard jungle floor. The Spartans on the other side of the clearing began cheering.

"Fire the cannon!" The huge blast of the Wraith cannon hit the remaining brutes with full force. They flew back into the trees, blood spurting everywhere. "We did it." Shadow smiled."We defeated the brutes without Cortana."

"Really." Shadow and Arch spun around. There stood a Purple Spartan, a ver femine spartan.

"Cortana..." Shadow walked forward. "So they finally got you."

"No, I got myself."

185 Reviews

Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:02 am
piepiemann22 says...

Hey, we're just having fun. I've read on of the books and own the first two games. I can tell this isn't accurate at all, but lighten up. This place is for the mind to wander and create imagination. Just roll with it and have fun.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:05 pm
Dynamo says...

(Since I've only played the first three levels of Halo 3 with my friend, I'm going to have to trust MadHatter that this is indeed accurate. I'm not familiar with the names of all the new vehicles and weapons, so if someone could PM me a list of their names and what they are I'd appreciate it.)

A yellow spartan appeared beside Cortana, his battle rifle resting against his shoulder. He looked at the body of a Brute at his feet and kicked it. "Don't tell me it's over already. Couldn't you have at least left one alive for me?"

Cortana turned to face the spartan. "Dynamo, check the surrounding area. There may be more enemies hiding."

Dynamo nodded. "Yes, ma'am." He disappeared behind the foliage to scout the perimeter.

(That's really all I could think of.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:51 pm
Knurla says...

She had come down from the base shortly after Cortana had left. She wanted to make sure all of the systems were working at full capacity; she didn't want them to be running around without orders. Standing at the far end of the clearing, amongst the Spartans who were cheering wildly, she watched them clear the place out in less then 5 minutes.Greedy men. She grinned as she thought to herself.

Lustra raised her Needler and took off across the clearing, nodding to Dynamo as he passed. She continued running, a Grunt popped out from behind a rock and waddled towards her. She turned towards it and sent the icy needles into it's body, watching it burst into slimy pieces. She jumped, and landed in a skid next to warthog next to her fellow Spartan's.

"Evening boys. Cortana." She nodded towards Cortana formally. "The General wants us done here as quick as possible." She looked at Cortana again, who returned the gesture with a nod.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:47 pm
Kyuubi says...

I don't mean to rain in on this storybook but it is not accurate in any way possible. The Spartan Lasers can't rip through the Scarabs at all, even if it was the joint. If there aren't any Covenant left, then why are there are Grunts, Elites, and Brutes. Lastly, Cortana is an A.I. computer program, not a Spartan.

141 Reviews

Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:16 pm
MadHatter says...

Okay, first off READ THE FRICKEN first post! I said this is an alternate universe! Things are different here and I know that there are only 30 spartans to begin with but it's different here! Scarabs aren't built the way they are in our world. If anyone would take the time to read the first post you'd understand this. God. I also know Cortana is a SPARTAN but once again, it's not the same in this world. Are you done ripping my storybook up now?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:42 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

This storybook is locked until further notice.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy