z

Young Writers Society

Camelot DT

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:05 am
Jennafina says...

Here's the thread for discussing things!

All of the profiles look great. Thanks for joining. :)

I'm a little confused about Senna: is she human?

Dark Magik, if Merlin doesn't yet know any of the other characters, how would you like him to enter the story?

I think it would help, at this time, for the characters to be in groups. Samuel, Izlude, and Claire make a logical group. Guinevere and Aubrey would also make sense. What do you think about the rest?

I don't have a firm idea for the plot, but at one point it would be cool if the characters found Caliburn in the stone. Then, they could move on for the search for the boy who could pull it out. He would sort of unite the characters.

What do you think?

Here's the current cast. I'll keep this updated as new people join, by editing my post.

Samuel/Eleanor: Kitty
Princess Guinevere: Fand
Aubrey: Baroness Ink
Althea: motherflippinflapjacks
Izlude: Piepieman
Merlin: Dark Magik
Senna: TNcowgirl
Morgan: SoKool
Ryder: DarkLight
Lady Claire: Jenna (me!)
Last edited by Jennafina on Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:59 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna knows Merlin, but I don't really know how to bring her in.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

657 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:08 pm
Jennafina says...

What if there was some type of conflict going on in the forest? This would affect Senna, Althea, and Merlin most directly, and probably everyone else as well.

Merlin could be making Caliburn, it it could be making a lot of noise and flying magical sparks. That's one idea for a disturbance. Any others?

forum353.html

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:23 pm
Fand says...

First of all, Guinevere needs to get to Camelot from Cameliard. I'm thinking that maybe Aubrey could come along to accompany her? Given the time period she would probably be traveling with another woman, a servant, and Aubrey could come along as her "teacher." What thinkest thou?
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:38 pm
sokool15 says...

Um...question. When is Arthur going to come in? Because a lot of Morgan's movement and excitement etc comes from what Arthur does, because her life is pretty much based on exterminating him.

I want her to come visit Camelot, to check it out, sort of...but should I wait until Arthur is in the picture to do so? I could just have her lurking in her castle in the North for a while, learning about spells...hmm...

Any ideas on this?

Yeah, I like the idea of Merlin fashining Caliburn. Morgan would notice, because of her strong magic.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

657 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:48 pm
Jennafina says...

Before Arthur becomes major, I'm pretty sure a lot of big strong knights have to try in vain to pull the sword from the stone. He tries last, after the commotion has died down. But before that, he could be sighted, or be a minor character.

forum353.html

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:33 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

Appearance:
She is about 4'7" and 75 lbs. Her coloring is a pale blue, to blend in with her surroundings, and her skin is smooth, with an occasional skin here and there. Her hair is an aqua blue, however, her eyes do not match the rest of the water nymphs. They are a trademark pine green, like the forest nymphs. When she comes onto land, she only looks like this for several hours. After that, her hair goes blonde and her eyes go a dark brown. Her scales turn to beauty marks and she grows a foot.

I kind of made it so that Althea goes to human form after a certain amount of time out of the water. I did this to avoid the awkwardness of having a nymph running around on land. It's not like she is going to be a mermaid where she can't do anything on land, her physical state just changes. I can do the raised by nymphs thing though if it effects the way everything works.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:57 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Fand wrote:First of all, Guinevere needs to get to Camelot from Cameliard. I'm thinking that maybe Aubrey could come along to accompany her? Given the time period she would probably be traveling with another woman, a servant, and Aubrey could come along as her "teacher." What thinkest thou?

Teacher, part bodyguard and personal chef. :P I likest it.
ohmeohmy

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:03 am
Maybe says...

I dont really care how Merlin comes into the story. I was thinking something along the lines of another character somehow finding him and convincing him to join the civilized world again...but like i said, I really dont care in the slightest. :D

-DM
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

657 Reviews

Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:47 pm
Jennafina says...

motherflippinflapjacks>> Thanks for changing it!

DM>> That would work. Arthur is staying with Merlin right now, so maybe Merlin would want to join the civilized world for his sake?

forum353.html

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:58 am
Maybe says...

Like i said, i dont care in the slightest. Whatever works out best. But i can do that, Jenna. I'll get to it.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:50 am
sokool15 says...

Is there a certain rule or something about when to post? Like, is there a cycle - where everybody has to post before you post again?

Just curiosity and for future reference, here. I know it's rude to post more than one post at a time, but how long must one wait in between?

~Mademoiselle Kool
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

657 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:58 am
Jennafina says...

No, there isn't a rule. It would be great if everyone made their character's intro post, but if you already posted you you don't have to wait until everyone has before posting again. Post as much as you want, whenever you want! That way we can keep the story moving quickly.

If you'd like to post and just did, instead of posting twice in a row, edit and add to your first.

forum353.html

657 Reviews

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:21 am
Jennafina says...

Your character looks great, Darklight! :D He'll be perfect.

forum353.html

657 Reviews

Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:42 pm
Jennafina says...

*waves to other members* Remember this thread? :)

What if Ryder and Claire sent Fawkes to go get the letter? It's the one Ryder was delivering: very important and valuable. Would Morgan be interested in it?

Somehow, I think it would be really cool if Arthur was sighted. He's just an average boy at this point, but he could be glimpsed in the forest. Maybe he could even have found the letter and be reading it?

forum353.html

Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
— Thomas Neill