z

Young Writers Society

In Search of One's Soul

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:37 pm
BlackDove says...

has anyone ever read His Dark Materials? if you haven't don't worry but it's a VERY good book. i particularly liked the idea that your sould could take the form of an animal companion who you could talk to, care for and love. i've always wanted a "deamon". and i'm sure quite a few other poeple would agree with me. well, here you CAN! but first, i few ruled and an explination of what IS a deamon, (for those who haven't read the book).

DEAMONS!
1. a deamon is your soul. it takes the form of an animal you can interact with.
2. when you are a child, it can change form at will to whatever it pleases.
3. when you are an adult however, it takes a definate form and cannot change shape.
4. it can only go a maximum of 20 feet away from you before you both begin to feel physical pain.
5. it is the opposite gender to you. (for example, i am a girl, so my deamon will be male)
6. to be separated from your deamon is the most painful traumatic experiance EVER!
7. when it takes a definate form, it matches your personallity, (for example, if you were a cuddly happy, sofy kinda person, your deamon would be a bunny rabbit or something like that).
8. if you become angry or sad, your deamon will mimic you in a certain form. (for example, if you are shouting at someone, your deamons will probably be fighting. if you are sad, it will be howling or weeping with you)
9. if you get hurt, your deamon suffers. (e.g. you cut your hand, your deamons paw gets cut as well and vice versa)
10. our deamons talk to us through telepathy (thought) but we talk aloud to them

i think that's all you really need to know about deamons. if there;s anything i missed out, be sure to mention it at the bottom of your post in a NOTE

RULES!
1. romance is allowed, as always but keep it clean
2. do NOT kill off another character unless you have agreed with them about it first.
3. find a reasonable excuse to enter the story. no popping out of the ground.
4. if you cannot think of anything to post DO NOT POST ANYTHING!
5. no swearing, IT ANNOYS ME!
6. keep decent grammer/spelling etc. perfection is not needed, but make it legible at least.
7. if you or your deamon get hurt, act it! i can't stand role play games like this where poeple just shrug off injuries like they're nothing!
8. no being mean to the authors who join. keep unkind comments to yourself. (but you can insult the characters till your hearts content!)
9. one character an author, no multi characters!
10. a profile is needed, with at LEAST this much info. -

Name - Darci
Gender - Female (if the name isn't clear)
Deamon's Name - Sy
Deamon's Form - Perigrin Falcon
Age - 17
Appearance - short and thin, small framed, long dark hair, sharp green eyes, wirey, swift.

NOTE - this is NOT set in the world of Northern Lights of any of the other books. i'm just taking the idea of deamons. it is set in the modern world. (magic is allowed though! :wink: )

anyone can join, so feel free!
Last edited by BlackDove on Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i actually enjoy editing poeples stories - so if you would like me to edit your story, please send me a PM. I think it would be easier than me simply criting your work and certainly much more thourough!

27 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:41 pm
BlackDove says...

I lay, curled up on the ground. Sy shivered underneath my coat, his wing held awkwardly. i panted in pain. the gang that had beaten me and stolen my money had ran, fled into the darkness like the rats they were. i held onto Sy tightly. i needed to keep him warm, breathing. blood matted his feathers beneath his wing and i knew i must be bleeding too.

"we'll get through this won't we Sy...?" i asked him, without much hope in my weak, fluttery voice.

we will he told me, his voice equally weak in my mind.

God, someone... anyone, save us...!
i actually enjoy editing poeples stories - so if you would like me to edit your story, please send me a PM. I think it would be easier than me simply criting your work and certainly much more thourough!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:00 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name - Senna
Gender - Female
Deamon's Name - Crest
Deamon's Form - Red Tailed Hawk
Age - 18
Appearance - Tough athletic, yet skinny frame, sharp blue eyes, hard face, tan skin, chopped black hair that is now at her shoulders.

Senna watched as a gang ran out of the ally.

Something isn't right, Senna. Crest said queitly.

"No, someone is hurt, did you see the blood on that one's fists?" She quietly walked to the ally and looked around.

Over here Crest called flying to a dark section of the ally. She walked over and saw a girl. SHe pulled her trench coat back and pulled a bottle of water out quickly setting it down next to her as she sat next to the girl.

"Are you ok?" She asked gently looking the girl over for a wound.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

27 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:24 pm
BlackDove says...

I struggled to roll over and face my rescuer. she was older than i was, pretty, tall. but from where i was lying she looked like an angel. Her deamon poked it's beak into my jacket but i held on to Sy tightly.

"they took all my money..." i whimped. "my deamon's hurt... i... i..."

suddenly the blood rushed to my head and the pressure began to build. i shut my eyes as Sy gave a defeated squeak and fell into darkness.

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:01 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna quickly picked the girl up and raced back to her apartment, she would be able to help her with out having to involve any doctors. SHe had never liked doctors and they didn't like her. She knew just about as much as doctors so she quickly bandaged the daemon and the girl leaving them as close together as possible.

'will she be ok?' Crest asked,

"Yup, she'll be just fine, her daemon too." SHe replied with a smile.
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:13 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I'm in

Name- Jason

Gender- male

Age- 21

Looks- Shaggy brown hair, lean and tall, Dark blue eyes. Dark blue jeans with a white shirt. Wears a brown fleece jacket.

Deamon's Name- Alison

Deamon's Form- Fox

Personality- Witty and charming. He's a wanderer, but stays for a time in a place he likes. One who loves to be funny, he knows when to get serious. At that time you can hardly reconize him.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:29 pm
Gadi. says...

Me too!

Name- Ebony

Gender- male

Age- 18

Looks- Blond, long hair, black clothes, big blue eyes, tan skin, average size, hairy arms.

Deamon's Name- Ginger

Deamon's Form- Golden Retriever Dog

Personality- Fun, sweet, playful, a little smart, tired easily, can get irritated often.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:49 pm
darchoco says...

*love the look of this and have to try*

name: kyles

deamon's name: Seline

deamon's form: white tiger

looks: large and well built, his eyes are a mysterious green, and his hair a deep jet black. Almost six foot, he is able to ride his deamon (is that possible...?). Usually wears a simple white sweatshirt and jeans.

personality- wise, yet slightly calky, he is usually a loner, gives random acts of kindness and then dissapears.

*will post later when I see an opening*
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

27 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:53 pm
BlackDove says...

It was with a struggle i finally opened my eyes and looked around. Sy stirred feebly. there was a girl standing over me, the one who had helped me, but also a guy. i didn't recognise him. the girls brother? friend? boyfriend...? my head hurt too much to think.

"Sy...?" i tried tentitively.

i'm here... came his feeble voice from beside me.

"she's waking up!" the guy smiled happily. i couldn't see his deamon. i groaned and stirred, feeling the friction of bandages against my skin. "who are you poeple...?" i croaked.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:48 pm
Stori says...

Before I put my foot- or claw- in it, what's this all about? The "daemons" are I guess animal companions. But what's required to play?
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:29 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*A profile, the daemon can't leave your side pretty much, but really read the first post and then make a profile, and Dove, whose the guy???*
Want a Readers crit???

27 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:33 pm
BlackDove says...

Note - 1. READ THE FIRST POST
2. the guy can be any of the male characters who have joined so far. first come first serve however, so grab him quick if you wanna be in the story! you other guys are just going to have to fit in around this as best you can...

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:07 pm
Gadi. says...

Ebony looked at the girl beneath him.

"Everything's gonna be alright," he said. The girl's falcon was wounded, the red seeping all across the earth. "What is his name?"

"S-s-sly..." she said.

"And what is yours?"

"Darci.'

"Mine's Ebony. My damon is Ginger."

Darci smiled. She faded in and out of counciousness.

"What did they do to you?"

But she didn't answer. Instead, he watched as the eagle fell asleep on the ground, its featheru chest moving up and down, uncouncious.
---
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:17 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I think they were jumped, I saw a gang leave an ally way and found her in there." Senna said sighing,

'She is hurt bad.' Crest said quietly, she nodded,

"She is in bad shape, she should be able to pull through, the Daemon too. They are hurt bad, but they'll make it." She frowned,

"How do you know?" He asked,

"The injuries aren't fatel, they were close to it, but not fatel." She replied gently, "They just need rest."
Want a Readers crit???

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:34 am
darchoco says...

Kyles sat silently on his white tiger Deamon, hesitant to introduce himself. They all stood around that single figure, hoping to help as much as they could.

might we assist them? Seline picked into his head. He patted the tiger on her soft back, as if to say he was still debating.

"We can help them." He said, not only convincing her but himself as well. "The one that is hurt is need of medical attention, and we can give as much."

Everyone turned as the new figure came in sat upon a beautiful tiger.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.
— Maya Angelou