z

Young Writers Society

As Darkness Draws Near...

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:05 pm
VampireBadger says...

right well, i've seen a couple of story books and would really like to begin one of my own. this one's about the things that go bump in the night! it can include other things but it's mostly about VAMPIRES! now, here's a couple of ground rules to everyone is clear on what to or not to write.

1. vampires are emortal, not indestructable.
2. if you get hurt, act it, don't shrug it off like it never happened. even vampires feel pain.
3. on that note, thw wound will heal instantly, (with ten and thirty seconds depending on how bad it is)
4. you cannot kill another persons character unless you have agreed with them about it before you post it!
5. the stronger a vampire is, the more they need to feed.
6. on that note, the older a vampire, the stronger. (for example, most vampires at about 500 need to feed once a month. most vampires at 2000 need to feed once a week).
7. Vampires can kill when they feed, but chose not to. they have to be evil to want to kill.
8. vampires are made when the vampire releases poison into the humans veins through their fangs (kinda like snakes). this happens about 5 minutes into a bite. (to drain a human, it takes about 8 minutes. i researched that, so it's true!)
9. Fledgling vampires look up to their Sires as a sort of parental figure. it's not unheard of for a Sire to abandon his flegling, but it's frowned apon.
10. Vampires don't have to sleep in coffins, but as theatrical creatures, they like to.
11. sunlight burns a vampire, but only after about 1/2 and hour of exteme exposure. more than an hour can kill them.
12. a stake through the heart will kill a vampire, but so will any major wound to any vital area, particularly if the brain is affected.
13. vampires do sleep in the day time but they don't need to. they just prefer it. sunlight doesn't do good things for their skin. see above.
14. vampires have the strength of 20 poeple.
15. vampires have incredably hightened senses.
16. vampires have very sharp teeth and nails.
17. all vampires are unaturally attractive.
18. most vampires are passionate poeple.
19. all vampires look the age they were "Embraced" at. (made a vampire)
20. vampires can starve to death or die of "bloodthirst".
21. holy water and relics have no affect of them. nor does garlic.
22. they are not nessessarily evil.
23. hunters exist. if you want to be a hunter, feel free.
24. vampires can move at just under the speed of light. (this means they can move so fast you cannot see them)
25. vampires get weak after too long without blood.
26. vampires can cross running water.

i think that's all i need for now. if there are any questions ask them in a note at the bottom of your post.

now, some rules about actually posting.

1. if you cannot think of something to post, DON'T POST IT!
2. no swearing! it annoys me!
3. romance is allowed, but keep it clean.
4. this is based in the REAL WORLD! no fantasy places.
5. come up with a decent excuse for coming into the story, don't pop out if thin air!
6. anyone can join!
7. not racists or sexist comments. or anything else aimed at the author(s) here. (you can insult the characters when need be!)
8. if a character dies, there will be no bringing him back to life!
9. i'm not looking for perfection, but decent grammer would be apprecieted!
10. if you wish not to post anymore, don't disappear, but find a sutable reason to go.
11. no multipersons. one characters per author!
12. a prolife is required with at LEAST this amount of info.

Name - Celenia
age - 17
Embraced - 17 (optional)
Race - Vampire
status - fledgling (out of either Sire, Fledgling, or none)
appearance - tawny hair, green eyes, pale skin, small nose, small but lithe figure, slender.
Last edited by VampireBadger on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:12 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name - Trent
age - 23
Embraced - 19 (optional)
Race - Vampire
status - Abandoned Fledling, he takes care of himself
Personality: Mostly keeps to himself, loves adventure, isn't evil but will usually feed at a jail so he can kill his 'victum'
appearance - Flashing Green eyes, Black hair, musculer, friendly enough looking, wears a long trench coat when he goes outside in the day.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:25 pm
VampireBadger says...

I stared up at him dazedly, barely able to stay awake. My new Sire stroked my hair, smiling kindly.

"Are you okay...? does it hurt...?"

I shook my head, closing my eyes once more. i felt cold... cold and comfortably warm at the same time. he had laid me on my bed, carefully placing several pillows beneath me head.

"it's time you slept... do you want me to leave...?"

again, i shook my head, trying to speak but finding my voice hushed, whispery and weak. "can i... rest... in your... coffin...?"

he couldn't help but grin. a grin that made the dull ache in my neck barely noticable.

"of course, my love..."

he lifted me up and carried me tenderly into his room. i closed my eyes and listened to his steady calming rhythmic heatbeat. he laid me down once more, in his beautiful mahogany coffin stuffed with red silk and swan feathered pillows, and took my hand.

"i must leave now... i cannot stay..." his voice was soft, like the kind of voice one would adopt at the side of someones deathbed. "i have business..."

"business...?"

"forgive me... i promise, i will return soon."

and with that, despite my protests his hand left mine and i slipped back into unconsciousness.

note - if you want to be my Sire, feel free
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:13 pm
TNCowgirl says...

I think I'll let him be alone right now, we'll see what happens :D*

Trent walked slowly into the jail cell. His friend had let him in again, it was his friend's under the table way of getting rid of rapists and such people. Trent slowly moved towards the sleeping man. He was hungry and this man was big, he would have enough blood to satisfy Trent's hungry for the month. He looked around. The camera's were 'getting fixed'. He bent down and sank his teeth into the man's throat. THe man jumped his hand shoving against Trent, but Trent just held him down and drank all his blood. The man was soon laying limp on the bed. He was pale now having been drained of all his blood. Trent wiped his mouth and quickly doctered up the punture holes so they wouldn't be noticed. That way no one would suspect of a vampire's being there. He slowly walked back out of the jail and to his car. He wasn't recorded as a visitor and he knew how to get through the security cameras blind spots. He started the engine and drove back to his small apartment. The four years he had been a vampire he had to learn everything by himself. Nothing came easy and the little he knew about being a vampire he had figured out the hard way. His sire had abandoned him, well acctually he had gotten away after five minutes of his blood being taken. He had run, his head had been light but he had never ran that fast in his life before. After that day strange things happened. He later found out he was a vampire and started learning as much as he could about them. Back at the apartment he saw his neighbor leave, he was also a vampire and he had told Trent some of what he knew. He had had a visitor, Trent could smell her. She was a vampire, probably hadn't been before tonight. He shook his head pushing the feelings of loneliness out of his mind as he made a bee line to the coffin he kept in a back room. There was another room with a bed so that if anyone came in they wouldn't be suspicious. He laid down in the coffin and sighed, it was just to comfortable.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:09 pm
VampireBadger says...

i woke stiff and sore, my limbs like lead and my neck itching slightly. i rubbed it irritably and sat up in the coffin, looking arond for my Sire. he wasn't there... i got out, my head still unclear and fuzzy. Stumbling slightly, i made my way to the window... i had slept the night away and now daylight streamed throught the thick blackout curtains, stinging my eyes and increasing my headache painfully.

i shut the curtains before my eyes burned about what to do. A note was taped the the strong lid of the coffin. i snatching it up, reading it carefully.

my dearest.

i am afraid i will be gone longer than i thought. forgive me, but i know i will be back within twenty four hours! i promise that, if nothing else! there is a man living beside us. i trust him very much, if you have any concerns, speak with him. he is called Trent. though he is young and unpractised, he can help with most little things. i believe he would make a nice companion for you when i am not there to guide you...

yours with love

there was a loopy old fashioned signiture at the bottom. right then, so this Trent guy could help me... i had never known a vampire loved so close to my Sire. strange that i had never met him. i wondered if My Sire had mentioned me to this friend of his. No matter, i would soon meet him myself at any rate.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:19 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent

Trent woke up to the blinding sun. He had forgotten to draw the curtains again. He quickly shut them and stretched, he walked to the couch and flipped his radio system on so that it poured out music. It wasn’t loud, though his lazy old lady neighbor had yelled at him. He laughed, if only she knew he could easily kill him, she didn’t smell like she would taste good though. He walked to the bed room and pulled on some clean clothes, brushed his hair off to the side and splashed water over his face. He pulled a long trench coat on and walked to the door. He was going to go for a stroll down to the store to grab some more cd’s. He would stay in the shadows mostly, but the trench coat would proctect him. He stepped out the door and then shut it behind him almost running into a girl. She was the girl that had been in his neighbor’s apartment.
“Sorry,” he muttered smiling down at her. She just looked at him like he was some ghost or something. “Are you ok?” He asked, she nodded and started back for the other apartment.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:29 pm
VampireBadger says...

"Are you okay...?" he sounded generally concerened.

i stared at him, my eyes red from the sun. he was a vampire also, i could smell it. how strange all these new senses and feelings. by brain was bombarded with sights and smells and sounds that were all new to me. but it was painful and my head was throbbing. i looked at him, nodding slightly.

"i think i'm okay..." my voice was still soft, but a little stronger. "I'm Celenia, i think you know my Sire...?"

his large thick coat was keeping him safe from the sun... i wish that i'd thought of that!

"yeah, i know him," he told me. "So you are his fledgling. lucky you, i don't think i could think of a better man. he's got me out of a few tight spots a while back..."

"oh yeah..." i hissed, unable to stop myself sounding bitter. "well, he's gone and left me... and i don't know what to do until he gets back..."

he looked at me, thinking. "you know, you can hang around with me, if you like. i'll take care of you. come on, into the shadows with me. you shouldn't be in the sunlight..." he out his arm round me and guided me into the shade.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:26 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent

Trent pulled the girl into the shade and she seemed to relax more there then out in the sun.

"The sun will kill you if your not careful." He smiled,

"Thanks," She mumbled,

"So, you wanna hang out with me or just stick here?" He asked,

"I don't have anything else to do." She said, he smiled,

"Then lets go, I was gonna go get some cds." He said leading her down the street staying as close to the shawdows if not always in them. She followed being more careful of the sun. They walked into the store and he moved over the the section of music looking for a certain cd. She walked around slowly just looking at different things. He grabbed the cd and moved to the counter.

"Well, if it isn't Trent. Haven't seen you here in a while." The owner smiled,

"I've been busy." He replied laying the money down.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:18 am
VampireBadger says...

the shop air was cool, refreshing. certainly it was a relief to be out of the sun. i watched this man carefully, as he chose him music. yes he was young, like my Sire had said. he had none of that air of age and wisdom that seemed to radiate from my Sire. probably still a fledgling. but then why didn't my Sire send me to his Sire? unless... he was alone... abandoned...

i shuddered at the thought and couldn't help the frightening thought that rushed through my mind. what if... what if my Sire wasn't coming back? but no! that would never happen. he loved me. he would always be there for me! still... to disappear on my first day as a vampire...

the human at the till greeted Trent cheerfully. they obviously knew each other. trent said he had been busy... busy...? doing what? going where? why did these "bus" words keep coming up? business? busy? but then, it could be coincidence.

mulling over these thoughts, i sifted through the CD's, picking up a few here and there that had caught my interest. there was an empty feeling in my stomach, a nagging hunger. picking up a chocolate bar, i joined trent at the till.

"that won't satify you... wait till tonight and then you can go for a proper dinner..."

i glanced at him suspiciously and paid for the bar. he surely didn't mean what i thought he meant when he said "proper dinner".

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 pm
SishBee says...

**Hey! Can I join? I have quite a good idea.**

Name-Fren
Age-18
Embraced-12, she was mistaken for someone else.
Race-Vampire turned hunter.
Appearance-Long, dark, wavy hair, green eyes, tall and slender, quite pale skin.
Personality-She holds a grudge against her fellow Vampires because she was Embraced so young.

Fren sat on the roof staring out over the city skyline. She was protected by the shadow of the ventshaft she was leaning against.

She checked her watch. "Another two hours and it will be sunset." She smiled. There was another hunter she was due to meet up here at sunset. Fren smiled again. Soon, she would have her revenge.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:32 am
VampireBadger says...

we stood out the shop, in the shade of the building. i unwrapped the bar and broke off a bit, offering him some. he shook his head.

i was still trying to desern what was so remarkable about him. he seemed ordinary enough. pleasant to look at and kind. she wanted to find out more about him... but what to ask? what would seem acceptable and what would seem impertantent? i wanted to know mainly about his Sire. surely he would still have one. i mean, he was still very young. but what if he didn't? the same thought came back to me. what if he had been abandoned... if he was alone...?

maybe i could phrase the question in a sensitive, crafty way, seemingly innocent. i thought a while before finally speaking.

"so... how do you know my Sire?"

"i told you, he helped me out some tight spots a few years ago."

"okay," i said, thwarted, but determined. "i just thought that your Sire might have known mine, that's all. i should like to meet him..."

the look on his face, of awkwardness was enough for me. he didn't need to answer and to save him embarrassment, i changed the subject.

"anyway, where do you come from?"

he seemed relieved. i resolved to ask my Sire about it later.

NOTE - OMG i've just got this incredable idea!!! ha, but it will come later... just wait and see!

110 Reviews

Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

Trent

"I've always lived around here, so I stuck around. Mostly outside the city, but it is to hard to get into the city with out hitting the sun most of the time so I moved in here." Trent said relived she had changed the subject. It had been four years sense he had seen his Sire. Four years sense he had taken off running and gotten away. Part of him wises he had stayed so he would have a Sire. But the other part knew he hadn't been bite to be changed, but to feed off of. "And you?"

"Not to far from the apartment buildings acctually." She smiled, he nodded and looked around there was nothing out of the ordanairy.

"So, do you like being a vampire so far?" He asked grinning,
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 am
VampireBadger says...

What a strange question... it was like he expected me not to have had a choice in submitting myself to my Sire's Embrace. of course there had been no way of knowing what being a vampire would be like, at least not until i had gone through with it, but that didn't mean i didn't want this!

"i erm... i s'pose, i don't really know yet. i'm a little scared actually, not sure what to make of all this. everthing, even the ordinary seems to have new beauty. i feel like a child, experiancing the world for the first time."

he seemed satisfied with this answer, and took to looking about him once more.

my pocket buzzed, making me jump. it was my mobile phone. i took it out a flipped it up, revealing a message.

bak at house. were r u? woreed!

i snapped it shut again.

"erm, Trent?"

he looked at me.

"i need to go now, it's been really nice meeting you."

"okay,"

as i stepped out, wincing into the sunlight, i couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. i would have liked to speak with him a little more, get to know him. but my Sire was back! and i couldn't wait to see him again, to hold him once more.

110 Reviews

Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:42 am
TNCowgirl says...

Trent

Trent watched her leave, he felt lonely again.

"You need a job." He thought, then laughed to himself, he wasn't about to get one now, no way no how. He slowly made his way back to the apartment keeping out of the sun as much as possible. When he got there he slipped the key in the door and turned carefully slipping in the apartment without a sound. He tossed the cd on the couch and walked around. He was bored, so he laid on the couch and thought. He could always sleep. Drift away until he got hungry again. He shook his head, he didn't want to do that. He put the cd in and laid there listening to it. There was a banging on his door and he got up. THe lady from next door was there.

"Turn that music down you fool." She hissed,

"It is barely up." He replied it really was barely turned up.

"Turn it down before I call the cops again." SHe stormed off and Trent rolled his eyes. He walked back to the living room and turned it down. She was so annoying it was crazy.

*sorry it is short, I can't think of anything else*
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:39 pm
VampireBadger says...

I pratically jumped into his arms. He held me in his strong arms and kissed my hair.

"i am so sorry i had to leave you, darling..." he whispered. "but i'm back now... how are you feeling? ill...? hungry...?"

"a little hungry, yeah," i told him cheerfully. "but nothing a hamburger won't fix!"

he shook his head and said no more.

"so where have you been...?" i asked him.

"i hope trent took good care of you!" he said, letting go of me and striding into the kitchen. i frowned. this was most uncharacteristic. what did he wish to hide from me?

"Sire...?" i called. "What have you been doing...?" i followed him into the kitchen impatiently, dropping all pretence. "what are you hiding from me?"

"hiding?" he repeated, confused. "i hide nothing from you, my love. i just had to go meet someone. it doesn't concern you, okay." he said, not unkindly. "i'll talk to you later about it over dinner. now what would you like, pasta or pizza?"

"pasta," i replied, getting out a sauce pan.

"so how was trent?"

"he was okay," i said. "but he's still quite young. does he have a Sire at all?" my own Sire's face fell and he paused over the copping board he had fetched.

"you know i would never abandon you, Celenia...?" he mumbled, reaching over and toaching my cheek tenderly.

"so it is true," i confirmed. "he's alone. did you ever meet his Sire?"

He averted his eyes, looking back at the knife in his hands and the tomatoe resting plumply, waiting to be sliced. "no."

he was lying. i felt so hurt, so suddenly angry i thought i was going to slap him. to lie to me...? i would never have lied to him. i would tell him everything, share my thoughts, feeling, wishes and desires with him and he thought that the best thing he could do now, was lie to me!? it was ciminal. he had never lied before but i could tell, i could just see it in his eyes that there was something he really didn't want me to know.

"you have met him!" i snapped, grabbing a peeler and starting work on potatoes with a vengence.

"or her." he corrected me.

"or her," i allowed. "so you have met her, then?"

"or him," he replied patiently. i glared at him. he interrupted before i could snap at him again. "i'm going hunting tonight. i would like you to accompany me. i can teach you the basics. it's easier than you think and soon you can go without me. it won't take an hour and then we'll be back and we can do whatever you like..."

i huffed a little, but let the matter rest. maybe i could go, visit trent before we left. the thought made me smile. surely trent would calm me down, make me smile. i got the feeling he was the kind of guy who enjoyed a laugh

Note - sorry this was so long, but i have to write a length where my Sire is concerned cause no ones taken him yet! :(

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson