z

Young Writers Society

The After-Effects

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:32 am
Maybe says...

Alrighty then, this Storybook is taking place right after the third and final book in the Bartimaeus trilogy (*sniffle*). If you havent read them, i recommend them. Great books. Anyways, if you want more information you can PM me. So...basically, without giving anything away about the books that would be a MAJOR spoiler, this takes place in London. At the moment, London is in ruins. The magicians have reestablished order, but the city itself is in shambles. Yes, this is modern times but most people dont go around carrying really complex guns and the like. Hand pistols and a few other simple things are ok.

Rules

-No God Modding!
-No crazy weapons, please.
-Two characters per person
-Please include your characters profile.
-(For people who've read the books and know what i'm talking about here (If you havent/dont, good.)) Do not bring Barty back in. Leave him be in peace, please. There are many other demons you can choose from.
-No killing other people's characters unless you have permission
-Have fun with it, and if you havent read the books, oh well. This should still be fun for you.

Classes

Magicians: Magicians cannot use magic in the sense you would normally picture it. They can cast shields around themselves, summon demons, but thats about it. No fireballs, walls of water...nothing like that. Sorry. Magicians are not widely liked by the commoners, but they have established a peace treaty so now commoners are equal to Magicians, in government status. Magicians do not go by their birth names...ever. If they do them enemy magicians can use it against them and kill them.

Commoners: Civilians. They cannot use magic, and live life as normal people, more or less. Some commoners have a resistance to magic so they cannot be hurt as badly by magic as they would be with no resistance.

Demons/Spirits: Beings called from the 'Other Place' to do the Magicians bidding. There are many types of demons, namely Imps, Filiots, Djinni, Afrits, and Marids (In that order of power, Marids being the strongest). Demons can be killed by iron, silver, being trapped on Earth for too long, and magical inflicted tortures. Demons have an 'essence' which is mainly their life. They can take the shape of anything they want and they dislike Magicians.

If i remember anything else i'll post it.

Name: Simon (This is not his birth name. His birth name is Reamus)
Class: Magician
Appearance: Brown hair, green eyes, tall, lanky, handsome, and casual.
Personality: Is very observant and intelligent. Can be slightly sarcastic. Is very proud and determined and independent.
History: He will not reveal his past to anyone.
Weapons: A silver throwing disk and a small iron dagger.

Name: Gangol
Class: Djinni
Appearance: Differs with form. Always has gray-blue eyes and black hair.
Personality: Sarcastic, witty, mischievous, secretive, and usually annoying.
History: Has been summoned many times before, and has many jobs. The most interesting he ever had was killing the emperor of China about 500 yeas back.
Weapons: When in a human form he carries a small hand gun and a bottle with acid in it.
Other: His three favorite forms to take are either a tall young girl who looks about 18 with long black hair and blue-gray eyes and petite figure, A tall, slender young man looking around 24 with black hair and blue-gray eyes, or a Lion with black fur and blue-gray eyes.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:02 pm
Rydia says...

I haven't read the books but this looks interesting. I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

Name= Adelaide
Nickname= Adi
Age= 19
Class= Commoner
Hair= Long and dark red, often worn in a single plait down her back
Eyes= Deep green
Figure= Tall and average weight with a very curvy body
Personality= Adi is very quiet and observant
Other= She has a resistance to magic
Weapons= Just a small dagger

Name= Fuscia
Age= 2809
Class= Afrit
Gender= Female
Appearance= Usually an incredibly strange young girl. When in this form she appears to be no more than twelve with large red eyes and long, pink hair.
Personality= Flirtatious and full of trickery. She is very ambitious and longs to be free of the magician's control.
Weapons= When in the form of the small girl she carries a long sword with a pink blade but in other forms she favours huge battle axes and such
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Everything is a lot of things!
— Hank Green