z

Young Writers Society

The black magicians

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:07 pm
woodland wolf says...

go crazy just keep the theme ok?

as she stood up from the fallen log, Narva's legs screamed in protest. her cloak now covered in bits of moss, bushing the moss to the ground her breathing gently slowed to a rhythmic pattern but her heart remained rapid and unwavering. "how long must this go on!" she thought to herself. It had been 5 days since the black magicans had attacked her village killing all in there path and it still felt as if it had only happened mearly an hour ago. "I'm such a coward! I shouldn't have left them." she mused. "you would have been killed with the rest of them if you did, what could you of done against 7 fully grown magicans, your only 15" a voice in her head replied." i could of fought them!" she argued."and do you seriously expect to win against them." silence followed "that has to the first sign of madness having arguments with myself!" she pushed the thought away and stared up into the sky in an attempt to find which way north was, the moon was full and glowed brightly bathing everything in its wake and staining them a pale Sapphire blue. Filling the rest of the sky was a random scatter of stars that seemed to glistened back at her innocently, she now regreted not paying attention to her fathers lessons. "no!" she screamed at herself "don't think about them!" "too late" she fell to her knees as a tear ran down and fell from her cheek hitting a rock and scattering as if it had been made of glass. She felt wetness seeping through her robes to her knees.. her despair turned to pure hatred as she thought of who was responsible for these feelings she clenched her fists and pounded the ground leaving two dents in the earth. She rose trying to control the stream of tears eventually she reduced them to an occasional sober her long black hair which was once sleek shiny and smooth was now knoted, dirty and clung to her face. brushing it back she suddenly froze in alarm as she heard the sound of a twig snapping in the distance. She stared out towards the heavily shadowed area from where the sound had came. An unnatural silence fell upon the meadow. the smell of frost came to her senses making warmth and hope flee and leaving fear cold and despair. she wanted to move, she wanted to turn and run but an odd sensation held her fixed with her eyes frantically searching the shadows. suddenly she felt a stab of fear her face drained of all its colour leaving a sickly white as she stared towards a cloaked figure emerging from the shadows like a like a dark cloud drifting from the horizon. the voice in her head returned with a simple yet chilling command "run!" as she broke from the paralyzing fear she turned on her heel and ran. An unfamiliar mind seem to burrow itself into hers causing a sting of pain throughout her body. "that's right Narva run! run for your life!" the voice held sheer determination and anger. the voice echoed through her mind. trees became a blure as they rushed past her the moon staring at her constantly. "faster, faster!" she cryed. her cloak rippled behind her as she fled. the trees seemed to leap from her path as she approached, to form two blankets of green on either side of her. Just then a powerful force slammed into her back sending her crashing face first to the ground her face contorted with pain and frustration. The distress was unmissable, relentless as if resting on a slab of ice. Pine needles clung to her face an earthy smell lingered about her. her heart drummed against the ground. as she reluctantly opened her eyes she caught a haunting sight a long black robe towered over her from within it a grinning pale face which was now visible against the eye of the moon. his eyes boar into her. as if she could hide nothing from him. he slowly raised his palm to face her and her blood froze with fear.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Maybe says...

Couple questions. One, do we put our profiles? Two, What time period is this? Three, Can you be a black robe? Four, what races are there?

I would love to join, i just need those questions answered. Thanks!
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:11 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Hey, i too would like to join, but I don't know where to start. Should i make a profile or no? Timeline, magic and swords, guns, muskets, what? Races like elves or no? HELP ME OUT HERE!!
I will always fight back, no matter what.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:14 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

I'm with the above persons...
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:07 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Dido here, I'll join, I'm just kinda lost at what to do.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:37 pm
woodland wolf says...

ok ok profiles then its set in the past. swords,bows arrows,magic you can be what ever you want except i would prefer it if you were not a black magician cause i want to keep an area of umkwowing. besides that anything goes oh no one can be immortal. im kind of new to this so sorry if i didnt ans the questions.

116 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:20 pm
Maybe says...

Tanks for answering our questions! I'm joining!

Name: Tanin
Race: Half Elf
Appearance: Brown, wavy hair, dark gray eyes, tall, lanky, and handsome.
Personality: Sarcastic, witty, intelligent, determined and sly. He doesn't make friends easily but the friends he has are lifelong. He has a quirky sense of humor and likes to show off. Can act mean and scary when he wants but is really quite nice.
Abilities: Can use magic. Is also alright with a sword and bows and arrows, but mainly sticks to magic. Is also pretty flexible.
Weapons: Magic, sword, dagger, and bow and arrows.
History: Was a mercenary for a few short years. Everything else is unknown about his past.
Picture: http://kirasanta.deviantart.com/art/Eternal-35423516
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:47 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Zana
Race:Human/angel
Appearance: Look at picture
Personality: Sweet once you get to know her. If you harm a friend or family member she'll kill you. She is shy though.
Abilities: Can use majic, fly (white wings), calm upset people, heal
Weapons: Stick fighting, knives,
History: Her and her older brother were orphaned at a young age and have taken care of each other and no one else sense.
Picture: (just not with a ripped skirt, and her wings are hidden)
http://mysticheaven.deviantart.com/art/Warrior-24580428

Hope you don't mind if i make two charactors

Name: Zeri
Race: Human/angel
Appearance: Picture
Personality: Will do anything to keep his sister safe, and anyone that puts her in danger will be killed at all costs but her life, Protective, doesn't talk to strangers much.
Abilities: Fly (white wings), heal, turn invisible, travel at the speed of light,
Weapons: knives, stick (i don't remember what they are called), hands
History: Same as his sister, he has been raising her sense he was ten,
Picture: http://zariah.deviantart.com/art/GuY-17131660
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want a Readers crit???

28 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:53 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Me too!

Name: Crystal
Race: Elf
Appearance: Long, silky, light-blue hair (to her knees), dark blue eyes, svelte figure (typical elf).
Personality: One of the more facetious and down to earth elves, she acts more human than elf. She's laid-back, but knows when to be serious.
Abilities: Fair with magic, but skilled in archery and with a sword.
Weapons: Magic, sword, and bow and arrows.
History: Lived as the niece of an elven queen, but left the elf world to become a horse master in a large village.
Last edited by EmiSukotto16 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:15 pm
Rydia says...

Name= Kiara
Age= 20
Hair= Long and raven black
Eyes= Violet
Figure= Kiara is tall and slim
Complexion= Almost as pale as ivory and easily as smooth and flawless
Race= Witch
Abilities= She can cast many different spells but she also has some ability with the daggers she carries
History= Kiara is a hunter. The black magicians killed her parents, twin brother and younger sister eight years ago and ever since then she has searched for them and kills any she finds.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

116 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:21 pm
Maybe says...

Emi, your picture wouldn't come up! :(
-------------------------------------------------------

Shadows of the newly fallen night covered the forest, giving everything an eerie and mysterious feel. Tanin lifted his head to the sky, staring blankly at the full moon. He closed his eyes and sighed, nodding his head in respect to the glowing orb in the sky that represented his god.

A blood curling scream split the night. Tanin stopped dead in his tracks and turned his head towards the sound. Dimly he could hear the breaking of twigs and branches as someone crashed through the forest, running almost parallel from the path Tanin walked. After a second, a light lit the forest a little ways up and Tanin heard a thump. That was enough of a sign for him. Bringing a spell to mind, he charged off the path.

Moments later he emerged again into a small clearing. A black robed mage stood over a girl, his face set in a sneer as he pointed at her. The girl froze in fear, her dark eyes wide with fright. Tanin acted immediately. Feverently whispering the words to his spell, he himself pointed at the mage and spoke a final word. A blast of air shot towards the black robe, flinging him back a few feet and making him misfire his spell.

*Hope this is alright, woodland wolf. If not, just say so. If i messed something up i will gladly change.*

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:26 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

*whose the chic??????*

Zeri

Zana ran close to her older brother.
"Where are we going this time?" She asked him.

"Away, that town is haunted. I can't let you be there." He replied picking her up. She was half his size. He was muscular, broadshouldered, and handsome. She was tiny, slim,beautiful, but tough. He spread his wings out and took to the sky letting her sleep in his arms. Even at nineteen she didn't have as much stanima as he did. They had been running for two days now and she was tired. He heard a scream and Zana's head flew up. She jumped from his grasp and went hurdling to the ground her wings coming out just in time to stop her as she landed on the ground. He quickly landed next to her. He looked at a man that was standing at the edge of the trees. He had just thrown a spell at a mage who was about to kill a young girl. Zeri quickly stood next to his sister both of their wings folding back into their backs. Zana ran to the girl and bent down next to her putting her hands on the girl's head muttering words to calm her. Zeri stood close by to make sure she stayed safe.
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:57 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I'm so in.

Name- Rekin

Age- 42

Appearance- www.rikos.net/quizpic/mercenary.jpg no eye patch

Race- Human

Faction- Mercenary

Abilities- Primarily a swordsmen. He never really understood magic though his sword was blessed by an angel telling him he will be his strength. Ever since his skills have greatly improved.

Sword- www.rebware.com/KNIGHTING%20SWORD.jpg

Personality- A loner by treat though he isn't afraid to help. Not the most social person you'll ever meet, but he has a gentle heart.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

28 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:08 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Let's try again!

My character looks like this:
http://peachysticks.deviantart.com/art/Moon-Elf-26394731

Oh, and nix the staff...

116 Reviews

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:32 am
Maybe says...

The chick is Woodland's character. And Piep, your picture didnt come up either, but Emi's did!

I dont know what to put...

Look closely. The beautiful may be small.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher