z

Young Writers Society

War of Zynar

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:46 pm
greenjay says...

Assassin, knight, bounty hunter, or barbarian? Take up your command in this world of war!

Basically it's this. There are many different groups in the land of Zynar, many different questers and adventurers. Choose your side and (though you may switch) fight for your leader!

1. The Kingdom of Zynar: this kingdom's army consists of both well trained soldiers and freelance knights. The King rules them from his golden thrown in the palace of Xnrom (pronounce Shin-rom). They are proud men, willing to die for their king and country. They perfer strong, thick armor and long spears.

2. The Rogues: Ruled by the strong Head, (me :D) the Rogues are a varied group. They start out as theives, stealing many important documents and treasures for the Head. Then there are guards and soldiers, jobs not liked by Rogues, but necessary. Then there is the main group of Rogues, the assassins! Rogues perfer above all, stealth. Killing their enemy with no hurt to themselves. They fight in open battle, but not willingly and as seldom as possible. They wear dark robes, black-dyed leather armor, and varients of knives and small dangerous swords. But remeber, a Rogues loyalty is measured in gold!

3. The Barbarians: These people roam the lands between the city of Xnrom and the Rogues secretive forest. They generally live in small groups, (feel free to form groups :D) raiding and pillaging for a living. Like hide armor and big axes? Be a barbarian.

4. The natives of the South: these guys are what most (especially the people of Xnrom) consider savages. They don't wear too much, and their weapons are usually stone knives and/or stone-headed spears. But these guys are not to be triffled with. In there wild state they have befriended the large wildcats of the south, able to ride them and control them. This group is not necessarily at war with any of the other groups (except the barbarians) so they are many times seen as mercenaries for other groups.

So, let me just quickly explain the situation here.
The people of Xnrom fight the Rogues
The Rogues fight the people of Xnrom
Barbarians fight everyone and everyone fights the barbarians
Natives fight Barbarians and sometimes other groups

Ah, okay.

-You can have more then one character if you want
-Killing off characters is always somewhat good but please, use PMing to work it out with the other person first.
-Stay human, but you can use magic to do cool stuff like turning your character into a hawk or something of the sort (by the way DON'T use that one, cause I'm using it :P)
-You can switch sides, but just have a good reason for it, one that makes sense with the story.
-(For Rogues:) I might "send" people jobs to do, (ex: steal King's crown) you can do them if you want. I might just make a post on here, or I might PM it to someone. K.
-I might let someone be the king of Xnrom. I'll just PM them and they can develpe him more.
-No bad language or anything profain
-Be nice unless you are killing someone, double crossing, or being an assassin :P.

Okay, I guess that's it for now! I'll start this off with introducing my character :twisted: .

-GJ
the greenjay strikes again...

194 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:27 pm
greenjay says...

Name: Known usually as the Head, Mathias
Team/position: The feared leader of the Rogues
Weapons: hand-axes he attaches to his bracers (blade curves over his fist), I might give him more later.
Clothing: Typical black/gray-leather armor with black cape. He wears metal shoulder pads with spikes and a large helmet when he goes to battle. No rogue has ever seen him without a black mask on.
Powers: can turn himself into a hawk
Steed/Pet: big grey wolf

My brown hair blew over my face in the gentle wind. I pushed it aside with my hand, glancing at the black glove I wore. My eyes peared through the two wholes in the black cloth mask that always covered my face, and I what I saw filled me with satisfaction. This was my land, the land I had worked hard and long to take. There were no vile cities here, and no vile city-dwelers; just the camp below me. I stood and climbed back down the rock, into the large camp. Each group of men had their own tent, and five tents surrounded each fire. Men had food to eat and even some left to spare. It was not a bad existence.

"Head!" addressed one of my commanders as he approached. He threw a creature down in front of me; a native. "We found this trespasser on the southern border coming north. We caught it, blindfolded it, and brought it here as is you command."

I pushed the black cape away from my sides and pulled what looked like two axeheads from my belt. It attatched them to my bracers and lifted the native up by his shoulders.

"What do you have to say for yourself!"

-the green one

Okay that's it for now. Some one can be the native if they want, and someone can be the commander aswell.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:29 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Name: Alana

Personality: Easyly believed as innocent, but below is a heart that could care less what happens to her enemies which makes her a great assassin. She is very loyal unlike most Rogues. But if she is betrayed that loyalty is gone. She loves knives, and likes company, every now and then. Sometimes uses her beauty to seduct her victims into where she will kill them. But only if that is needed.

Appearance: Long brown hair that is kept in two braids, with leather braided in them. Sharp grey eyes, tan feminane build,

Pet: Hawk, she rides a horse,
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:31 pm
Maybe says...

I'm in! I may make another character later but this is it for now...

Name: Cameron
Class: Rogue rogue
Weapons: Five daggers located at various locations on his person, a short sword, poison darts, the tips of his boots (a very sharp points is located on the tips), and arm blades.
Appearance: Shaggy short black hair, gray eyes, tall, lanky, slender fingers, and a charming crooked smile. Usually wears a black cloak, his weapons, and black boots.
Personality: Bitter, sarcastic, independent, and observant. He trusts absolutely no one except perhaps one or two people, which is one reason he's a loner. He is sly, witty, intelligent, imaginative, and reckless. Keeps to himself. Is an excellent thief. Can actually be charming when he wants, but usually isn't.
Abilities/Talents: Can use magic, but can't transform into anything. Can do some complex magic, though. Is also very acrobatic and flexible, allowing him easy access to tough spaces and all that.
Steed/Pet: Fox
Last edited by Maybe on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

* I made a few changes to my profile*

Alana watched the Head talking to the person who was a spy. She had been there when he was found near the southern boarder. She kept herself hidden behind a tree her hawk perched happily on her shoulder. The only majic she ever really used was to talk to him.

'Do you think him a spy?' Her hawk asked,

'Yup,' she replied shortly.
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:09 pm
Layleun says...

Name: Tobias
Class: Rogue
Weapons: A stolen sword and a knife
Appearance: Scruffy blonde hair, broad face, muscled, soft smile, rough calluses on his hands, dull steel blue eyes. Wears a dark grey tunic, black pants, brown boots, also has a black leather coat and bandanna.
Personality: Likes to joke but usually doesn't have the time. Needs to be serious most of the time. Loyal like a dog but stubborn like a donkey, Tobias likes getting into trouble, even getting caught occasionally. Is partners with Quin.
Steed/Pet: Black squirrel (Tucker), black female Friesian horse(Whitelight)

Name: Quin
Class:Rogue
Weapons: Many knives, one crystal knife, foot long sword
Appearance: White-blonde hair, dog-like face, large canine teeth, sharp green eyes, slightly tanned, tight leather top, baggy black pants. Keeps her hair to the jaw and spiky, dirty and cuts it without much care
Personality: Jokes a lot. It rubbed off from working with Tobias, likes to outwit people, will not hesitate to take a life if her own and others are in danger. Acts now, regrets later.
Talent: Something in her eyes can keep some people hooked. When she speaks the people effected shut up,listen and obey. Master of Stealth techniques.
Steed/Pet: Short haired calico cat with the same green eyes (Ina), gray female Andalusian horse (Ayri)

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:32 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Name- Tassolhof (Tas for short)

Age- 20

Loyalties- Zynar captian

Appearance- www.ffcompendium.com/art/t-ramza-a.jpg Travel
www.ffcompendium.com/art/t-ramza-a2.jpg Battle

Weapon- www.themedievalmarket.com/knightthmb.jpg

Personality- Will die for his comrades. Caring he wont kill unless need be which is most of the time. A holy man he always wheres a cross around his neck. Just made a captian.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

194 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:18 am
greenjay says...

Mathias

I pushed the tent flap aside and walked out into the fresh summer night. The cool wind calmed my nerves and I reminisced on what had happened. The native was a hard nut to crack, both stubborn and unafraid. The Rogues had never had trouble with the southern natives, but one could not be too careful.

I weaved my way through the camp towards my tent, but stopped at the sight of a tall, black haired man. He was clothed in the usual black attire, but his many knives was what caught my attention. He caught my look and bowed his head, the usual pay of respect that I recieved.

"Hello Rogue, what are you called?" I asked in my usual cold tone.

"Cameron," he replied immedietly, keeping his eyes lowered as was the custom. I chuckled darkly, did the ignorant fools think a false show of respect would help them any? Results were what I liked to see.

"I have a job for you Cameron," he looked up and met my gaze. "There is a certain man from Xnrom, by the name of Tassolhof; a captain to be exact. He has a certain document from the king that I wish to obtain. It is a letter, and he probably keeps it on his person during the day. Get this for me and I will give you 80 gold coins."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:32 am
Maybe says...

Cameron sighed and glanced down at his nearly empty money pouch.

"Alright." he agreed reluctantly, "I'll take the job."

"Good. And also, i need that document by Saturday night. What day is it today?"

"Wednesday." Cameron replied icily.

"So that gives you three days to recover that for me."

"It does." Cameron said as he turned and walked away. He clicked his tongue and his small fox friend came running to stand beside him. She sat down and began licking her paw, gazing at him with her dark blue eyes.

"Come on, we have a job." he said. The foxes ears perked up and she trotted up next to him.

Whats the job the fox asked mentally.

"We're gonna go steal a document from captain Tas. Ever heard of him?"

I think he was just appointed captain, was he not?

"Dunno. Anyway, thats what we have to do. Up for it?"

Course
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:55 am
TNCowgirl says...

**Piepiemann, if you mind I'll change this**

'Alana?' her hawk asked,

'Hmm?'

'They are going after Tas.'

'Your point, I know no one by that name.'

'He is the one that saved you,'

'When' She was edgy now, if he had saved her, then she owed this much to him, which would mean her death for being a trator.

'You were ten, he wasn't much older. Member when you were in the city?' She shuttered, she had been attacked by two different men. Only the help of another kid had saved her.

'I remeber,'

'You don't have to talk to him or anything, but you owe him by at least making sure he isn't harmed.' Her hawk was more loyal to the people that helped her then anyone else other then her.

'I guess' She quickly made her way towards where Tas was supposed to be. Her mind was buzzing with thoughts, how was she going to acomplish this with out getting in trouble either way.
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:20 pm
Layleun says...

A clear soprano voice swept through the camp streets. As usual it was the blonde rogue Quin who started the night song. Slowly, one by one, a mix of voices echoed with Quins. Although the night song was sung every night, the words were always different. The songs purpose was to carry news through the Rogue camp to anyone who wanted to hear.

Quin sat atop her Ayri next to Tobias at the entrance, singing of the current raids she had seen that day. Tobias smiled as he listened intently to the rest of the news.When the song ended Tobias clicked Whitelight into motion, Ayri following.

"Cameron has a new mission, along with Elizabeth and Cory. Nothing else happened today that's worth mentioning."

Tobias gave a shrill whistle and stopped his horse. A chattering sound surfaced as Tobias's squirrel Tucker clambered up to his shoulder. Tucker wiped his paw across his face and settled into Tobias's neck.

Quin grinned at the little black squirrel and glanced back at her own faithful pet. Ina sat in her basket behind her, sleeping. She opened a lazy green eye, gave Quin a look, swished her tail, and went back to sleep. Quin chuckled and turned back to Tobias, who had clicked Whitelight back into motion. Quin flicked her reins and followed Tobias back through camp, riding days were always tiring for her.

194 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:44 pm
greenjay says...

Cool, things look good, but we do need other people besides Rogues aswell.

Mathias

I stood atop the rock overlooking the Rogue camp. A clear voice rose in the breeze, reaching my attentive ears. The days events were being told as usual.

My eyes gazed to the horizon. The sky was graying in the east, the stars slowly disappearing. I looked to the north and saw nothing but the dark forest. I waited and the sun dawned orange and red. It glinted off something far in the distance, and I knew it to be the city of Xnrom. I could barely see the yellow of the plains, its color ending at the edge of the green forest.

I stood up and took a deep breath of the fresh morning air. I readied myself, and then sprang into the air. I hit the sky with winds spread, no longer an earthbound man but instead a keen-eyed hawk! I looked to the plain and could see a man traveling towards Xnrom. It was Cameron.

"We'll see how he does," I thought to myself as I sped towards the shining city.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:48 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Tas was perched a top the high wall of the city of Xnrom. The sun was just creeping over the trees far off to the south. The wind blew with a crisp clean feeling. He reached inside his amour and pulled out a piece of parchment.

He unraveled it and it read Young Tas, listen carefully. War will soon be upon us and I fear that we wont have the strength to fight off every danger. There is a sacred artifact i wish for you to find known as the Blood Stone. What it does exactly I'm not sure, but it's said it's power is limitless. I wish for you to take a small group of men and find the stone. My souses tell me it resides in the forest to the south, but be warned. It is thought that the Rogue's live beneath the trees, so be careful on you're Quest.

Tas put the parchment back inside his tunic and motioned for the stairs. His shift was over and he had to prepare to move out. He would leave tonight.

(I hope this okay. I didn't know what to put in the letter.)
I will always fight back, no matter what.

194 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:02 pm
greenjay says...

That's good. Nice idea.

Mathias

I saw Tas leave the wall and smiled...Cameron was not far behind. If he did not pass this test, I would have to deal with Tas personally.

110 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:55 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**Wait, is Tas a Rouge??? I'm so mixed up**
Want a Readers crit???

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket