z

Young Writers Society

Dinotopia

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:56 am
Lethero says...

I know I'm making a lot of Storybooks, but I keep coming up with ideas for them, and I'm not one to not try a new idea.

Dinotopia, for those who don't know, is a book by James Gurney about a society where humans and Dinosaurs co-exist. The Dinosaurs have the same intellect as humans, except some carnivores (ex. Tyranasaurus Rex). In this storybook you can either be a human or a dinosaur and each has many jobs (ex. Humans-Skybax Rider). I know being a Skybax Rider might sound intresting, but please don't everyone choose it, if I get to many, I will restrict being a Skybax.

Jobs:
Skybax Rider-Dinotopia's Air Force, except with Pterodactyls instead of jets
Gaurdians-One of the only people allowed to use weapons, they are the protectors against the people who wish to harm the innocent.
Hatcher-As the name suggests, you will have the task of hatching and raising infant Dinosaurs
Other-Scholars, Philosopher, Farmers, Shopkeepers, and any other thing a society needs to survive.

Dinotopia has a 11 codes in which they live by.
1-One rain drop raises the sea.
2-Survival of all or none.
3-Weapons are enemies, even to the owners.
4-Give more-take less.
5-Others first-self last.
6-Observe,listen, and learn.
7-Do one thing at a time.
8-Sing every day.
9-Exercise imagination.
10-Eat to live, don't live to eat.
11-FIND THE LIGHT

Main cities: Waterfall City, Bilgewater, Sauropolis, Ruhmsburg, Jorotongo, Khasra, Ebulon, Blackwood Flats, Thermala, Teleost, Chandra. Info on cities: http://www.dinotopia.com/chandara-locales.html.

Map of Dinotopia: http://www.cityofmists.com/Realm/Map.html
More info on Dinotopia: http://www.dinotopia.com/index.html

Name:Kerasd Lerfas
Species:Human
Job:Skybax Rider
Appearance:Black hair, bright blue eyes, white clothing, and glasses. Belt with pouches filled with food for his infant dino.

Pterodactyl
Name:Iraska
Appearance:Blueish, pink, with green eyes.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:51 am
Maybe says...

*This looks really cool. I'll join!*

Name: Kyra Jaske
Species: Human
Job: Guardian
Appearance: Pale with black hair that reaches just below her shoulders. Gray eyes and long, slender fingres. Is slim but not exessivly thin. Wears a black cloak over her dark gray robes. Carries a long, beautiful, ancient silver and black sword with old engravings carved into the hilt and blade.
Picture: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3873874/
Sword: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/467 ... _scale%3A5

Dino

Name: Kayte
Species: Protoceratops
Appearance: A red/orange/gold colored skin with intelligent blue eyes. Stands about a foot shorter than Kyra.
Picture: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/228 ... _scale%3A5 something along those lines.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:41 am
Lethero says...

I hoped onto Iraska's back and she jumped off the cliff. We soared farther and farther down. Before we hit the ground, Iraska pulled up becoming level with the ground.

We travelled for miles until we came into the farm land and I saw my friends Kyra, a guardian, and Kayte, a guardian Proceratops. They were busy settling a despute between a Stegasaur and a human farmer.

We landed not to far away and waited for the problem to be settled. When it was they walked over and I said, "What was that about?"

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:13 am
Maybe says...

Kyra rolled her eyes, "The farmer claimed the Stegasuar had been caught eating his crops but the stegasaur claimed he was only wandering through. Matter is fixed now, no harm done."

"Good. Can you come watch us fly today?" Kerasd asked, looking hopeful. Kyra sighed and wairly nodded. Kayte rambled over and started a conversation with Iraska, completely ignoring Kyra and Kerasd. Kyra's hand slid uncounsiously to her left hip and sword hilt. Her black cloah billowed out behind her in the light breeze and her skin seemed almost transparent in the morning sunlight.

*Its getting late and thats all i can think of.*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:23 am
Lethero says...

I waved goodbye to Kyra and let Iraska say goodbye to Kayte. Then I jumped onto Iraska's back and we flew off together.

We flew high in there are and quickly made our way to Canyon City, the Skybax Rider's headquarters. We landed outside my lodgings. "Have a good rest Iraska."

"Goodnight Kerasd," Iraska said and she flew off to her nest for the night.

I walked into my room and laid on the bed. I looked at the picture of my father. It was a picture taken in the world beyond sea. He was another lucky person to land on this island.

He became an Skybax Rider and promised to defend the place that saved him and I became a Skybax Rider to protect my home. "Father, I will defend this place to my last breathe like you did."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:51 pm
DragonWriter says...

Name:Amber
job:hatcher
apperence: a belt with 8 patchyes that constly has eggs in them. a neclace that has a puuch keeps one egg that is the closst to hatching at all times. a cape with 4 pockets that the hatched eggs consider thir caves. Raisees only paradactly for skybak riders.

dino:Pterodactyl
Name: Ruby
apperence: redish brown with ruby red eyes.
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
In coclusion, Steaphine Meyer is a rocking, ruling, and kick butt authour!
That is the TRUTH!

169 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:58 pm
Lethero says...

I awoke to a loud knock on my door. "Get up you lazy bum," said a voice outside. "You got the Hatchery to patroll today."

"I'm up, I'm up," I replied. I stood up, wiped the slip in my eyes, and got went out and signaled Iraska. "Let's go girl."

We plunged off the cliff and quickly made our way to the hatchery. When we got there I saw a familiar pair on the ground. "Hi Amber, hi Ruby," I said as Iraska alighted down next to them. "So how's Ruby doing, Amber."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

61 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:06 pm
DragonWriter says...

"He is doing just fine." She glanced at her partner standing 7 feet tall. " However, the reason your here is to assign partner. I have 2 tots that are ready for the bonding ceromony." She stoped and wistled. A male and female tot( a baby Pterodactyl) appereared. one on each shoulder.
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
That is the TRUTH!

169 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Lethero says...

"Well, I can't take them there yet," I said. "I got the skies to patroll first, unless you can get there."

"So what's it like flying om one?" Amber asked.

"Well, you certainly get an adrenaline rush, especially jumping off those cliffs. It's like being free from all limits."

"Well, I got to go," I said, hopped on Iraska's back, and she took off.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

61 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:27 pm
DragonWriter says...

Amber had nver before ridden her partner, but was not a coward. Shge knew he was old enough to fly her, and so decided to do so.

"dO you mine" She asked her partner.

"of corse not" he answered. She then climbed on his back like she had seen others do several times. He climbed in to the sky, and is was a andrenline rush. It was like nothing she had ever done.
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
That is the TRUTH!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:12 pm
Rydia says...

Name= Amelia
Nickname= Lia or Amy
Age= 19
Hair= Golden brown, waist length, often worn in a single plait.
Eyes= Bright green, like two peridots.
Figure= Tall and slim. Very agile.
Job= Skybax Rider

Pterodactyl

Name= Raina
Gender= Female
Colour= Dark blue
Eyes= Deep violet

Amelia

Together, Raina and I flew through the air until I spotted Kerasd who was patrolling the area around the hatchery.

"Hi!" I called out as Raina swooped closer.

"A good wind today," He commented.

"Sure is. What duty have you got?"

"Patrolling the skies until someone relieves me and then I have to catch up with Amber. Two of the dragons are ready for bonding," Kerasd replied.

"Wow. Busy day. I have a few hours to myself actually," I replied, directing Raina to fly alongside Iraska.

"You lucky thing. Look. There's Mai!" Kerasd pointed across the sky towards a slim, pretty girl who was approaching us on a large, green pterodactyl.

"Hey!" Mai called out. "I've come to replace you."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

169 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:11 pm
Lethero says...

"Thanks Mia," I said and Iraska took a dive down towards the Hatchery. I landed outside the Hatchery building and waited for Amber to come out with the Pterodactyls.

When she did, she handed me two bundles. "I will make sure good Skybax Riders get them." I put the bundles on my back. "Ready Iraska." She nodded. I jumped on her back and she took off. "Bye Amber."

After a while of flying Amelia caught up. "Hey Amelia."

"Hi," she replied.

"You heading to Canyon City too?"

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:27 pm
Rydia says...

Amelia

"Might as well," I replied.

"Thanks. It's nice to have the company," Kerasd replied as Iraska and Raina banked South East towards Canyon City.

"The dolphins brought a man ashore this morning. Did you hear?" I asked casually. Kerasd sat up straighter and looked across at me.

"No, I didn't. Have you met him yet?"

"Well I didn't get a chance to talk to him but... do you ever wish to return to the other land?"

"Why would I? You've read the stories of the wars."

"I suppose but sometimes... sometimes I wish I could know my father." With a sigh, I thought of the stories that my mother had told me of the way when she found herself shipwrecked, separated from my father and heavily pregnant before being rescued by the dolphins.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

61 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:13 pm
DragonWriter says...

Amber jumped on ruby and took off aiming for kerased. Ruby flew upbide of Iraska.

"Man, You forget that I am a exception to the rest of the hatchers? The eggs i hatch are not always at the hatchery, they stay with me at all times. I do not just stay at the hatchery, I explore. The only reson I was at the hatchery was because I had to pick up to more eggs. I am going with you." She said. Ruby talking to Iraska.
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
That is the TRUTH!

169 Reviews

Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:20 pm
Lethero says...

"Well," I said, "I hope Ruby can keep up." Then with another beat of her wings Iraska flew faster.

Within a few hour the cliffs of Canyon City came into view. We banked to the left and came upon a pedestal which some people land and take off from.

"You can go to your nest now, Iraska." She took off flying into the distance. "Well, this is all that is to see here. Not very impessive."

"That's only because you live here," Amber said. "I like it here though."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel