z

Young Writers Society

The Golden Compass

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:27 am
Lethero says...

Welcome to the world of The Golden Compass. Where everyone has a Daemon, which is the physical emboidment of your soul outside your body. Your Daemon's form refers to you character. You can make your own Daemon or you can go to http://goldencompassmovie.com/ and it will have a section where you can answer questions to determine your Daemon. Note for people making there own: Daemons are always the opposite sex and rarely the same and if you are past adolesence your Daemon can't change shape and has a permanent form. And if you read the books, no characters from the book, and no Alethiometers, Amber spyglass, or subtle knives. Note: No one can touch another persons Daemon because it's the worst offense you can commit. Daemons can touch each other. Daemons talk to only their people, but on rare occasions will talk to others.

Name:Ashton Norton
Appearance:What hair, sky blue eyes.
Daemon:Snow Leopard
Name:Anwyn
Characteristics:Solitary, modest, humble, fickle, and assertive.

I stepped off the Zepplin and looked around. I was finally in Svalbard. "You sure you know what you're doing," Anywn said.

"Yes, the panserbjorne should know something," I replied.

*Terms you should now before you start
Panserbjorne-Armor Bear- they are not dumb beasts so don't treat them as such.
Svalbard-Panserbjorne's home city.
Zepplin-blimp
Anbaric-Electricity
Dust-Dark Matter-an elementary particule
Gyptains-People who live on boats.
If I remember anything I'll add it and if you read the book before, please help out.*
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:10 am
Lindsaroo says...

Hmm...I can try this, haven't read the book though, that ok? Just to help, I'll pick it up at the bookstore tomorrow. Sounds like a good book. Just tell me if it's cool that I join. Ok?
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:23 pm
Rydia says...

Awesome, I love these books! And I'll be happy to help anyone who's unfamiliar with the concept of Daemons and such.

Name= Marie Lotus
Age= 18
Hair= Red
Eyes= Brown
Figure= Average height and slim

Daemon-

Name= Persaeon
Type= Fox
Characteristics= Modest, responsible, solitary, inquisitive and shy
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:12 pm
sasquash says...

I havnt read the book yet, but ill try this out

Name:Slade Nelton
Appearence:Dark brown hair, slender but tall. Seen as week, but quite strong. Hazel eyes.

Daemon

Name:Raina
Characteristics:Sociable, competative, and like the role of the leader.
[/i]
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

169 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:15 pm
Lethero says...

*Yes ceiling you can join. Another thing, your Daemon at most can't get 10ft away from you because it hurts you physically as well as emotionally. Also if your Daemon gets attacked you fell the pain as well.*

"What is your business here human?" said a Panserbjorne as I walked up near their town.

"I have come to seek the assitance of one of you, I replied, "a certain one in paticular."

"And who would that be?"

"One by the name of Iohesk Rekonsk."

"I'll see what I can do to get him here.:

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:33 pm
Maybe says...

*Ok, i'll ty this but i havent read the book yet. I own it, just havent read it. Once i get back to my moms (Where the book is) i'll be sure to read it, pronto. So just tell me if i'm doing something wrong.*

Name: Ariel Malje
Appearance: Deep brown eyes and dirty blond hair. Regular build and slim. Heart shaped face and regular height for her age.

Daemon: Lion
Name: Pholion
Characteristics: Modest, solitary, softly spoken, passive and assertive.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:54 pm
Lethero says...

"You wanted to see me," said the Panserbjorne Iohesk as he walked up to me.

"Yes the General Oblation Board is moving to America and intelligance says they have a stronger defense than last time," I replied. "We need your help fighting them. Name your price and I can get you it."

"I know what the General Oblation Board does, I'll do it for free."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:12 pm
Maybe says...

Ariel trudged through the snow, wrapped in her thick coat and scarf. Pholion padded next to her, not at all annoyed by the snow and ice. Ariel shivered and looked down at him.

"How can you not be cold? We've been living here for almost two years now and i still can't get used to it!" Ariel asked.

"I dunno." Pholion replied. Ariel shivered again and continued walking. They had come to Svalbard nearly two years ago seeking refuge with the Panserbjornes when Ariel was being chased for being accused of murdering someone. Of course, she was completely innocent and had escaped with very little. She came to Svalbard and had been accepted by the Panserbjornes.

"Say, i wonder where Iohesk is. Haven't seen him all day." Ariel said, looking around.

"Who knows." Pholion said, shaking the snow off him and onto Ariel.

"Hey!" she exclaimed, brushing the snow off. Pholion one smiled slyly and continued on. Ariel followed.

"C'mon, lets go find him!" Ariel said, taking off, the snow crunching under the boots. Pholion sighed and trotted off after her. They asked around and finally found out that Iohesk was seeing a newcomer out on the ice. Ariel looked at Pholion who shrugged. They ran off in the direction the Panserbjorne had indicated. It was not long before a Zepplin came into sight.

"Wow," Ariel breathed. In the last two years she had not seen a Zepplin at all. They ran to the top of a small snow hill and looked down. Sure enough, there was Iohesk and another Panserbjorne standing in front of a young man about Ariel's age and a beautiful snow leopard, the humans daemon. Ariel stood on the hill, waiting to be noticed. Pholion sat next to her, his large shaggy mane dripping with water and snow, which turned to small icicles which he shook off.

Iohesk, sensing their presence, turned around. He motioned them to join him. Ariel slid down the side of the hill and ran up beside him, Polion not far behind. They came to stop next to Iohesk.

*Like i said, tell me if i'm doing anything wrong and i'll edit this.*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:22 pm
Lethero says...

"This is a friend of mine," Iohesk said, "her name is Ariel."

"Nice to meet you Ariel," I said to Ariel. "My name is Ashton. I am with the American Goverment. I came here seeking Panserbjornes help. The people you called the General Oblation Board, A.K.A. the Gobblers, have made their way to America and children have gone missing."

"What do you need the Panserbjornes for?"

"The 'Gobblers' have well armed and well trained Tartars on thier side, and we're looking to stop them. Their practices are vile."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:39 pm
Maybe says...

"I've heard of these practices. Heard they're the worst thing you can do to a human. But i still don't understand why you need the Panserbjorne's help," Ariel said, laying her hand reassuringly on Pholion's head. The news that this young man was from the American government was not good news for her. What if he had been sent to find her, too?

"Because we have to fight them." Ashton said. "What they're doing is wrong and must be stopped."

Ariel looked at Iohesk, who didn't look back. She knew what he was thinking.

"Come with me. I cannot decide alone, we must gather everyone." Iohesk finally said. He turned and started back towards Svalbard. Ariel and Pholion walked alongside him, Ashton and his daemon following. The other Panserbjorne bringing up the rear.

"So why are you here?" Ashton asked. It took Ariel a moment to realize he was addressing her. She glanced down at Pholion and answered, "That's my own business."

"Ok, that's alright. I understand." Ashton said. An uncomfortable silence followed.

169 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:58 pm
Lethero says...

"Do you have anyone to accompony us?" I asked Iohesk.

"I know a few who hate the Oblation Board and will do it for free, but other's you'll have to pay," Iohesk replied.

"Money, or possession ain't a problem. I just hope none of them are like Iofur. I don't think we can provide anyone with a Daemon."

Iohesk laughed. "I don't think anyone of us will follow in Iofur's footsteps."

"That's good."

"What if we can't provide the bears with what they ask?" Anwyn asked worriedly.

"Don't worry, I don't think they'll ask for anything that the American Goverment can provide."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:33 pm
Rydia says...

Marie and Persaeon walked through the snow, side by side in silence. Every now and then the fox would pause to listen and sniff the air before gliding back to Marie's side.

"Do you hear that, Marie?" Persaeon asked, halting once more to listen. Marie stopped also and tilted her head to one side.

"Voices," Marie noted.

"Do we avoid them?" Persaeon asked.

"Too late," Marie replied. "They'll be in sight soon." Persaeon nodded and bared his teeth as the small group got closer. Marie took another step forward and layed a soothing hand upon Persaeon's head before drawing a small, hunting knife from her belt.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

169 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:15 am
Lethero says...

"Stop," Iohesk said. "Who goes there?" He said at nothing. "Come out, we know you're there and don't think about fighting us, you won't live."

"How did you know I was there?" said a girl with her fox Daemon carrying a knife. Suddenly seeing that fighting would be impossible to take the group down and sheathed her knife.

"You should stay down wind next time. Who are you, woman, to be sneaking up on us?"

"I am Marie."

"I'm Ashton Norton of the American goverment," I said.

"And I'm Ariel," Ariel said.

"Come with us if you will," Iohesk said , "but do not expect us to talk to you." We continued walking, not making sure Marie was following.

"So Ariel," I said, "what are you doing here? I'm not from the Britain Goverment, so I won't arrest you?"

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:42 am
Maybe says...

Ariel looked startled. "How...?"

"I heard about it and recognized your name." Ashton said.

"I came here to seek protection after i was accused. I was completely innocent, framed. He was a friend of mine. I would never have killed him!"

"I believe you."

"Really?"

"Uh-huh."

"Erm...thanks. C'mon, we're almost there." Ariel said. Sure enough, Svalbard was just beginning to grow visible on the horizon.

*all i've got.*

169 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:14 am
Lethero says...

Once we reached the ridge, we saw the many of the ice huts that the Panserbjornes occupied. We made our way for the biggest ice hut which I knew contained the king of the Panserbjornes; Iorek Byrnison.

"You have to talk to our king," Iohesk said. "He will talk to the other bears and ask them to join our cause." Iohesk walked up to the entrance and shouted in, "King Iorek, a human wishes to acquires our service"

A bear stepped out of the cave and stood over us with a massive ten feet. "Why do you require our services human?"

"The General Oblation Board have moved to America and are starting evil practices again. I hear you have some history with them."

"Yes, I helped defeat them with the Gyptians a long time ago. I'll get my bears and see what I can do."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians