z

Young Writers Society

Anethandez Adventure

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:02 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Okay, my first shot at my own story book! I hope you like it!

I don't care how many people join, and those who do participate can choose what they want to be. Dragon, human, elf, shapeshifter, unicorn, werewolf, griffin, or something you made up yourself! I would like a profile like below so I can fully understand your character and his/her abilities and background, but if I see any hint of a Mary Sue, you will be hearing from me. (She's the perfect character in any story.)

Mary Sue quiz here: http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm

Profile (and yes, this is mine):

Name: Karana
Race: half-elf
Appearance: waist-length wavy blonde hair, blue-green eyes, fair skinned, tall, slender
Special Marking(s): stripe scar on back of left shoulder, teardrop birthmark on right ankle
Specialties/Occupations: horse trainer, archery
Special Abilities: magic (discovered as the storybook progresses)
Pets/Familiar(s): none yet
History: She does not know her parents, nor can she remember anything about her life before her tenth birthday. She has lived in a village of humans ever since the healer nursed her back to health. She is curious about her past, how she got that scar on her back, and who/where her parents are.
Personalitly: Enigmatic. She can be talkative, then decide to be a loner and secretive. She's curious, somewhat rebellious, and very reckless.

Scenario: Karana goes on an errand for a village elder and discovers a wounded dragon. We can build off of that. Let's get some more participants, first, though...

Let's see how this goes!
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:17 am
Rydia says...

Looks interesting... we shall need more of a plot but that should develop in time.

Name= Julia Stone.
Nickname= Jewel.
Race= Pixie.
Age= 21.
Hair= Waist length and fiery red.
Eyes= Dark green.
Other= She is small with a petite frame and slightly pointed ears. She usually dresses in greens or browns suited to the life style of a fighter or adventurer.
Abilities= Jewel can phase through objects, is naturally fast, good at climbing trees and has a limited skill with visions. Sometimes she will see something of the future, past or present of a person near her.
History= Jewel grew up in a small Pixie village deep within the forest and now she is out looking for a husband. Jewel does not particularly want to get married but, at 21, female pixies are sent out to find a man from a different village. It is a long tradition amongst the pixies and Jewel feels she must respect it as such and cannot return to her village without a mate.
Personality= Jewel is witty, inteligent, cheerful and talkative, sometimes to the point of being rather annoying. She does have a serious side but only when fighting. As of yet, Jewel has only had to defend herself from the many creatures of the forest but even so she carries two daggers and a bow.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:07 pm
Maybe says...

*Looks good, i'm in! Can't seem to be in enough storybooks...:P*

Name: Sonya
Race: Phoenix (Can also change into a human)
Picture: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/621 ... _scale%3A5
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/212 ... _scale%3A5
Personality: A personality to match her form. Fiery, Mischievous, Witty, Sly, and slightly sarcastic. Is strong both physically and mentally.
Abilities: Can work elemental magic as well as a few other spells.
History: Not much is known. She was a mercenary for a few years.
Weapons: Sword, Magic, Talons, and her song.
Other: Has a song that is both beautiful and haunting that she sings occasionally. Ask her to sing it and she won't to it, however.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

164 Reviews

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:49 pm
Poltergiest says...

*Splutters* Okay, lets try this...

Name- Ralo

Gender- Male

Age- 18

Eyes- Empty black

Facial- square jam and small amount of black hairs on chin

Hair- deep, messy brown

Appearance- Tall and muscly. Well built, powerful arms

History- Lives in massive city, (Name to be decided my stroybook master), member of the Night Guard, lost father when he was six and mother during birth. Lives alone and has bouncy friend who hangs out at a bar.

Weapons- Has short bow and enough arrows, double bladed sword, passed down from father, small knife, keeps in jacket.

Beliefs- Hates magicians, believes they killed his father. HAtes and doesn't believe in magic. Doesn't care what happens in the outside world and respects the chian of cammand.

Personality- Cold and ignorant of anyone exepct his friend, Kilen.

Kilen- Small and drinks far more than he should. Costantly happy and tries to cheer Ralo up alot.
Last edited by Poltergiest on Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:50 pm
Rydia says...

Julia

I casually wandered through the forest, keeping an eye out for a village. It had been two weeks since I set off on my search and I wasn't particularly eager but it still irritated me that I had seen no pixie in that time. No other inteligent creature either to be honest. With a sigh, I passed through another tree and found myself in a clearing. Just across the lush field, I could see a row of neat buildings. A village. Not pixie but who said I couldn't indulge myself along the way? And two weeks with no company is a long time. Besides, was that a dragon up ahead? Poor thing. Looks like he hurt his wings and those foolish humans don't seem to know what to do.
Writing Gooder

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:18 am
Bella says...

Name: Luna
Race: Shapeshifter
Appearance: depends. Can change it at will, even so that she looks different as a human.
Special Marking(s): Has a moon shaped scar on her stomach where she was attacked by her father, a powerful warlock.
Specialties: Is very good with a sword, and has some magical powers besides Shapeshifting.
History: Her mother was an elf, and her father was a very powerful warlock; evil warlock. He killed her mother and scared Luna before disappearing forever, leaving her on her own in the middle of no where. She has lived off the land ever since, moving wherever whenever.

Scenario: Had shapeshifted into a dragon and was flying along when someone shot at her from below, injuring her and causing her to fall. She is currently in the mercy of whoever might find her.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:28 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

**Wow, this is doing good! Thanks for joining!**

She had been waxing the string on her bow when her guardian, Mariah the village's healer, called her name.

"Karana?"

"Yes, my lady?" She stood and left her room, which was nothing more than a loft with a curtain tacked up for privacy.

"Oh, you're not busy, are you?" the little, grey haired human eyed her bow. She hated disturbing her adopted daughter if she was involved with something...

"No. What do you need?"

"I need you to go out and fetch some water from the river, then, if you don't mind, and take this out to old man Harnel." She said, handing her a package. From the smell and feel of it, it was nothing but Mariah's miniature cakes. He loved those...

"I'll be back soon," Karana shouldered her bow and quiver and made her way into the deepening night.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:39 am
greenjay says...

Name: Tyrin
Race: Dryad
Appearance: a young oak sapling or a tall young man with very curly brown hair depending on his shape
Special Marking(s): in tree form, the trunk splits in two at the very bottom, as a human he has dark, rough skin
Specialties: can turn in to a tree, and can mold wood in his hands like one would clay.
History: He was out late one night and returned to find his elderly mom and dad made into a pile of logs to be shipped to the city and sold. The men who did it sat around a campfire laughing and exchanging horror stories of these "evil dryads" who supposedly lived in this part of the woods. He left into the deepest parts of the woods and mourned for many days. Finally he lost control of himself and returned to the camp to kill the men. They were gone. He then tracked them for miles serching everywhere for them. Finally, the trail ended at a massive city and Tyrin new that they were in there. He approached the gates slowly. Suddenly a man stepped out in front of him, blocking his way. "You may not pass, wait until morning," said the man. Tyrin burned with anger against the man and those who had killed his parents, so in his wrath he snapped the man's neck. At that moment all want for revenge left him, and he scorned himself for killing the innocent man. He fleed from the city...

I stood perfectly still. Not a breath of wind stirred. The dragon was also still, unmoving, and unseeing. But I was not a trusting creature, it could be a trap. It could be looking at me right now, hungry. I was a fool, what did I care if I was eaten alive?! Oh, I'd fight. I'd make great sport of it, but did I care?...no. Not really. So, I relaxed, taking a deep breath, and yawning, making sure the dragon could here me. I ambled up towards the thing, poking it with my foot, but it still did not move. Suddenly a noise reached my ears, the noise of some one coming through the village before me. Instictively I rooted, slowly spreading my arms, and growing. A human came into veiw, a girl. She approched the dragon carefully and then came a little closer. Then another creature came out of no where, seeming to appear from the trunk of a tree. It was a pixie, with hair that looked as if on fire. It passed through me and walked on toward the human...

(if I totally screw anything up, just pm me and I'll fix it, it's my first time :P)
Last edited by greenjay on Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the greenjay strikes again...

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:35 am
Maybe says...

Sonya stood, her back against a ancient oak, looking at the small village on the edge of the clearing. A dark, humped mass sat near the gate, unmoving. She glanced lazily around and spotted a pixie seeming to float off towards the unfortunate village. No doubt the wounded dragon would draw far more attention than just a pixie. As it was, Sonya herself was curious to see if the dragon was still alive. Some who came looking would be thinking the same, but hoping for a different ending.

She cast a final, bored glance around and stepped into the clearing, the fast fading sunlight seeming to make her skin all the more red. She looked down at her arm disdainfully and hoped that anyone who happened to look her way would mistake it for a mere trick of light. She proffered to keep to herself when it came to complete strangers.

The grass beneath her feet made no sound as she made her way across the clearing, glancing up at the brown walls that surrounded the village. Crude carvings were chiseled into the bricks to make it look more ancient and foreboding. Her eyes flickered to the guard standing watch at the gate. The pixie was nowhere to be seen.

"Hello." Sonya said, approaching the young guard.

"What do you want?" he asked, his eyes narrowing.

"I wish to enter. I have been traveling for a while now and i wish to stay at one of your inns, if that is allowed." she said, giving him one of her crooked smiles. He opened the gate without a word, resuming his post and staring intently back into the forest beyond the clearing.

Sonya nodded her thanks and stepped through the steel gate, wincing as it shut on rusted hinges making a horrible screeching sound. She suppressed a shudder and turned back to the village. The buildings were amazingly organized, running along the roads until it came to a large white building in the center of the village. Smaller roads ran off of the main one, with just as many shops and inns and houses as the main road.

In the center of the town, just left of the white building (which Sonya instantly knew was the town hall) lay the dragon. The pixie, hair as fiery red as ever, stood next to it. A human female was walking up cautiously, along with many other town-folk. Sonya walked with measured strides over to the building next to the wounded dragon, so that she could observe. She was not at all talented in the arts of healing, and as she drew nearer, she saw there was very little she could do.

An arrow tip was protruding from the thin membrane of the dragons wing, causing it great pain. Sonya winced in sympathy as her practiced gaze swept over the rest of the dragon. More arrows had lodged themselves into the dragons wings and in the weakest of her scales. Sonya could only imagine her pain.

The human female bent down next to the dragon. The dragon's eyes opened and she looked around with dark, pain filled eyes. She saw the pixie and human, but paid them little heed. Her eyes passed over Sonya and she held the dragons gaze unwaveringly. The dragon's eyes closed again and a shudder of pain swept over its body.

Sonya, having been a mercenary for a few years of her life and knowing a little bit about dressing wounds, came to stand next to the dragon. She knelt down and ran her hand lightly over the wounds. The dragon cringed at her touch but did not try and move away. Sonya looked into the gathered crowd.

"Someone fetch me a rag, water, and the ground bark of the willow. Hurry." she instructed. A young man ran off to do her bidding.

The pixie came up to stand beside her. "Can you help it?"

"Not much, but i will see what i can do. Do you know of any healers in this town?" Sonya asked.

"No, i just got here. I can ask around." the pixie said. Sonya nodded absently and the pixie dashed into the crowd, only to reappear moments later.

"A healer is on their way." she announced.

Sonya didn't answer. The young man returned with the rag and everything else she had asked for. She mixed some of the bark in with the water, waiting for it to make a brownish paste. She dipped the rag into the bowl and rubbed it around the wounds. The dragon shuddered again but remained still. After she had spread the paste over one of the wounds, she moved on to the next one. This procedure went on for what seemed like hours to Sonya, the crowd watching anxiously. Finally, having covered the last wound, she looked up and whipped a bead of sweat off her brow and glanced around. The paste would only slightly ease the pain for a while and Sonya could see the dragon was still suffering. Her eyes swept the crowd.

"Where is that healer?" Sonya muttered.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 pm
Rydia says...

Julia

I watched the girl work and couldn't help but notice that her skin had a definate red tinge. At the time, I presumed that she had spent too long in the sun.

"Where is that healer?" The girl muttered worriedly.

"There," I replied, indicating a woman and a young half elf who were pushing their way through the crowd. At my voice, the humans turned around and parted to allow her to reach the dragon. Even the oak tree seemed to sway to the left, out of their way.

"This looks bad," The woman murmered, kneeling in the dust and placing her bag beside her. "I need to remove the arrows without further damaging the skin."

"I could help there," I told her, taking hold of the first arrow.

"Don't touch that," The woman protested. I smiled at her soothingly and slowly phased the arrow out of the dragon's wing.

"See. No harm done."
Writing Gooder

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:16 pm
Poltergiest says...

Ralo stood on the cities large, dark green wall, looking out into the city. There was some kind of commotion, several people gathered around one large object. He shrugged and returned his attention to the outside.

Ralo yawned and shouted out for his father who was partoling the gates below. When he did not recieve a response he looked down. His father was laying on the ground, limbs tangled together horribly.

"No." He whispered. He ran down the steps and flung open the large gate. He ran up to his father and lightly touched his fathers neck with two fingers. There was nothing.

He slowly stood, sorrow rising inside him. The sadness slowly tunred into rage. He glared around, searching for the murderer. He thought, ofr a second he saw someone running up a hill and duck behind a tree.

He snarled and ran, full speed towards the attacker. When he finnaly got there there were only trees. He swore under his breath and stabbed his double bladed sword into the nearest tree.

He looked around once more, fields streatching out before him. He swore again as he wrenched the sword from the tree, and slowly walked back to his post, another Night Guard taking his place.

As he walked into the city he brushed away a single tear that was rolling slowly down his cheek...

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

194 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:28 pm
greenjay says...

Tyrin (happens before my last post)

I walked slowly towards the city gates, not wanting to draw attention. I passed under the large green wall and entered the city. A large object was visible in the distance, lying in the middle of the road. I headed towards it. In my hand I held a walking staff I had picked up a few moments ago, and, after making sure no one was watching, I formed the wood into a strong quarter staff. I did not have enough wood to make arrows for a bow, so I descided that the staff would have to do. No one knows who they might encounter in such a city, especially someone like me...

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:47 pm
Dynamo says...

Looks like fun. I'll join.

Name: Ryouku
Race: Dragon
Appearance: Black scales and green eyes. Twice the size of a horse.
Special Marking(s): Missing one horn.
Specialties/Occupations: He doesn't have any kind of a job because he's a dragon... but if need be he can pull carts and carry people on his back.
Special Abilities: Breaths and manipulates fire.
Pets/Familiar(s): None
History: Ryouku has lived for over three centuries exploring the world and seeking knowledge. At the age of 126 he was kicked out of his sept(dragon tribe) because he spent more time learning about humans instead of doing something useful in the sept. His missing horn is a reminder of that day.
Personality: Very wise and friendly. Prefers not to fight, but will do battle if the need is great.

Scenario: Spends most of his time flying in the lower atmosphere. He is on his way to a small human town to learn what he can from the people there.

(I'll have to post his intro later. I'm too exhausted right now to do anything else...)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:31 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

**Dynamo, are you this dragon? Or are you another one?**

Karana knelt at the creature's head, stroking the dragon's muzzle.

"It's okay. We'll take care of you," she whispered softly. Were dragons like horses? Did they react to the tone of someone's voice, the touch of someone's hands, the invisible aura people gave that animals could read?

It glanced at her, tensing as the arrows were slowly removed from its wings and body.

She knew it was in pain. She continued to pet it while Mariah tended to its wounds.

It's gaze seemed to pierce her and see right into her soul. Then a voice whispered, as if in the back of her mind, thank you.

194 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:25 pm
greenjay says...

Three men joined the growing group, loggers by their look. The pixie looked at me strangely, wondering at my sudden swaying in the still evening. I then did something I'd only ever done once before, it was a trick taught me by a friend, a very powerful friend. He was learned in magic, and had found a way to mold wood from afar, and had gotten quite good at it. He had tried to teach me, but I only was able to grasp the slightest amount of it. Now I poured all of my limited knowledge into this one act. Hate filled me and I used all the strength I could muster. With a sudden crash the roof of a building a ways in front of me collapsed by my twisting of the rafters, and everyone turned to see what was going on. I changed quickly, picking up my staff where I had dropped it. The three loggers ran to the building to see if anyone was hurt, and I joined them in their dash.

"Recognize me?" I asked suddenly.

"No, I don't believe I do young un," said the old one with the beard, "should I?"

"No, you wouldn't recognize me...lucky for you, you ran before you saw me. But you see me know!" menaced Tyrin, and he raised his staff...

(Someone can now have their character intervene, or can watch Tyrin wack some dudes' skulls, either way)

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio