z

Young Writers Society

Demon Slayers

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:56 pm
Dynamo says...

The year is 20XX. Many mysteries lay in the world as rumors of paranormal activity circulates more and more everyday. Vampires, werewolves, demons... yet the populace goes on with their lives, unknowing of the battle that has yet to take place.

One-by-one the gates of Hell have begun to open around the city. Most don't even know it, but those who do have no idea why they are opening. Baal, the ruler of Hell, has taken this chance to launch a full-out assault on modern Earth. His soldiers multiply as a new gate opens everyday. If something is not done, the world as we know it will forever be engulfed in hellfire.

The protectors of Earth have begun to rally themselves...

A woman is seen running down the street. She constantly looked over her shoulder in fear. She went into a nearby alley in an attempt to elude her pursuer. Her luck ran out when she came face-to-face with the very man she was running from.

She screamed in terror as the man's teeth began to grow longer. His blood red eyes cast a hypnotic spell on her. She stood there with white eyes set in a deep trance. The man grabbed her by the shoulders and brought his mouth close to her neck.

A sound from behind caught his attention. He dropped the woman and turned to face the source. A man clad in dark red and black clothing stood before him. His red cloak hid his arms. His eyes were an unearthly shade of gray.

The man looked upon the newcomer in fear. "...The Hunter, he is real..."

The newcomer said, "Vampires are not welcome in my city. Find your blood somewhere else."

The man rushed him. "You do not frighten me, human!"

As if out of nowhere the newcomer brought out a sawnoff shotgun. The motion of his arm revealed his mechanical arm. He shot the man in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

As he approached the man he put away his gun and pointed his metal arm at his head. A long, slender, silver blade shot out of his wrist. With one strong sweep he lobbed the man's head off.

The police were at the scene the next morning. The man's beheaded body lay on the ground. On a nearby wall was picture of a cross with wings. It was drawn in the blood of the man that had been slain. The picture was the calling card of Hunter, the notorious vampire slayer.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:27 pm
Rydia says...

Celeste

"Hold him still," I murmured as I placed a steady hand upon his crimson chest. The blood seeped through his wound and trickled across my fingers as he screamed and writhed in pain.
"Peace now. Let her help," The woman holding his shoulders commanded in a soothing voice but he shook all the harder. I scowled in concentration and mumbled an incantation under my breath. The broken skin began to knit itself together and then threads of fleshy sinew jumped across the ravine until at last the opening was sealed.

All at once, the man fell still and the woman let out a gasp of fear. Casually I turned and dipped my hands in a basin of water before scrubbing them with soap.
"Is he... will he be alright?" The woman stuttered.
"He will wake soon," I replied.
"When will he be fit to fight again?" Demanded a firm, masculine voice from the doorway.
"Tomorrow," I said.
"Tomorrow? It was a few hours last time and before that he was fine as soon as he woke," The man complained.
"It is harder to heal a serious wound a second time, never mind a fourth. A fifth will be near impossible. If he has any sense, he will not return to the army and if you have any heart, you will mark him down as dead."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:34 pm
Alice says...

Geniveve swung her dagger around at the seven vampires surrounding her. They could probably tell that she was scared, but wasn't going to run.

She ran the dagger through one's heart, and felt the iron grip of another. She used it to her advantage and flipped them both over, driving the dagger into his heart while she did so.

She realized that when one fell another took its place, they were playing with her. She had no choice but to flee. She saw no excape.

Crap.
I just lost the game.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:25 pm
Lethero says...

I picked up my stake and drove it through a vampires heart. "Come on you damned demons!" I drew my sword and removed the head of another. "You think you can beat me!" I drove my sword through anothers chest. Then took out my handgun and put a bullet with a cross on it in ones head.

Then I saw a woman fighting in the middle struggling with more Vampires. I sheathed the dlade and took out a shotgun and blasted a few more. Then all of a sudden all the Vampires retreared. I looked out the window and saw the sun peaking through.

"What's a gal like you facing these creepings," I said to the girl making her jump. "Ha, 'fraid of me more than them vamps. My name be Serkas."
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

270 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:05 am
Alice says...

"My name is Eve, and this," she waved her hands around the scene, "is my job. I'm a vampire hunter."

"Pays well?"

"When I go through their pockets it does."

"Thats stealing you know," he added as she begun to dig.

"I know, but how much blood do you think they've stolen? Its only fair."
I just lost the game.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:19 am
Kyuubi says...

Corelle was sitting in a bar with a trench coat covering his body. He sat there drinking water. He didn't like alcohol at all. He despised it. He heard the door open at the back of the tavern.
"Hey, hey! You can't come back here! Get out now or I'll call the cops!" The bartender yelled. Corelle brought his hand down to his boot and brought a blade forth. Customers gasped as a Werewolf walked behind the counter.
"May I get you something? Perhaps a cold glass of pain and a shot of death?" The wolf asked him.
"Actually, there is something you could do for me," Corelle said fingering the blade under his coat, "You could get your rotted teeth in your stinking mouth out of my face."
At that, the wolf jumped over the counter but Corelle drove the blade into its chest. It landed on the floor coughing. The wolf turned on its side with a blade. Corelle had his back turned. The wolf smeared some blood onto the blade and threw it at Corelle. He turned and it knicked his cheek before the wolf died.
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

169 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:12 am
Lethero says...

"My job be a Demon Slayer, but I kill any damned creature," I said putting the shotgun in it's case on my back, "but still a little lady like you wouldn't seem like a person to be a Vampire Slayer."

"Well get used to the idea," Eve said pulling money out a dead Vampire's body. "So how did you find this place."

"Actually, to be truthful, miss, I stumbled on this place by accident. I planned to stay here for the night when those damn son's of bitches attacked me."

"So how did you become a Vampire killer?"

"Well, when I lived on the farm in Ohio, there was a lot of things around the night that we didn't know.

"Well one night one of those things got into my house, killed my pa, ma, and sis. I managed to drive a cross through it's heart. After that I vowed to cleanse the world of these demons. So how does a lady like you come into this job?"

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:02 am
Maybe says...

Zora paced the room restlessly. Every once in a while she would glance at the clock, only to turn away and scowl.

"Where is he?" she muttered under her breath. As if summoned by her words, a cloaked man stepped into the room. He removed his hood, showing his pale blue eyes and spiked black hair.

"Have you got it?" Zora asked, stepping towards them man eagerly.

He pulled a gleaming necklace from an inner pocket of his cloak and held it before him.

"How much?" she asked.

"Two hundred." he said.

Zora sighed and pulled the money from one of her pockets. "Lay it on the table." she ordered, indicating the small table in the middle of the room.

The man did as instructed and Zora placed the money on the opposite side. She reached for the necklace as the man reached for the money. She straightened, holding the beautiful necklace in her shaking hands.

"Finally..." she thought. She turned back to the man, fastening the necklace around her neck. "You may go now." she said, gesturing to the door. The cloaked man nodded his thanks and slipped out the door.

Zora listened to his footsteps grow faint. When she could barley hear them, she murmured a few words and snapped her fingers. Moments later, she heard a soft thud.

Zora exited the room and stepped into a small hallway. The cloaked man lay near the stairs, dead. Zora approached him, found the money, and relieved the corpse of all its valuables. She cast it one last disgusted glance and quietly padded down the stairs. She reached ground level and quickly walked to the door. She opened it, letting in a gust of chill air. She slipped outside and slinked off in the shadows, the necklace cold against her flesh.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

270 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:24 am
Alice says...

"I'm a witch," Genieve said, "its just part of my heritage, and if you call me little lady, miss, or anything like that again I'll run you through."

"Forgive me," he said.

"I have trouble trusting people, reguardless of who they are."

"I cannot blame you there."

She pulled the last bit of money out of the vampire's pockets and shoved it into her back pocket. "Can I buy you a drink?" She offered, wanting to at least say thanks.

"Aren't you a little young for alchohol?"

She shrugged, "it doesn't matter."
I just lost the game.

169 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:14 am
Lethero says...

"I guess," I replied, "I'm not much of a drinker, but sometimes I'll have wine after a battle."

"Well then it's settled," Eve replied. "Come on, I'll take you to my favorite pub."

"Well, Eve, you mighty generous for someone who wants to run a blade through me."

"Nevermind, country boy."

"Hey, if you go calling me country boy, I might have to start calling you little lady again."

"Well, I won't call you country boy and you won't call me little lady."

"Gotcha maa'm."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

270 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:20 am
Alice says...

"Don't call me ma'am, no titles, if you insist on being formal, call me Genieve."

"Alright, Genieve."

They walked in silence for a while, when they neared the pub Genieve finally spoke.

"I should warn you, the pub is popular with demonic creatures. Its a santuary so-to-say, you're not allowed to fight anyone there. If you do you're dead in an instant."

"Then why do you go there?"

"Its the safest pub in the city."

"How ironic."
I just lost the game.

169 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:37 am
Lethero says...

We entered the pub and I instantly noticed the damned creatures. Eve walked over to the bar and sat down. "One ale for me," she said and the baretender slid her a mug.

"White wine, will do, please," I said and a wine glass came infront of me. "So how many damned creatures in here?"

"Mostly everyone."

I put on my glasses and looked around. "About ten vamps in here."

"How do you know that."

"My glasses contained infered sensor in them. I can see there low body temp."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:25 am
darchoco says...

"dammit, dammit, dammit!" Tuvil ran down the alleyway, followed quickly by his own kind. He weaved though the maze of streets, jumping over grbae cans and fences.
"You cannot get away!" the vampires hissed, leaping at him. In an instant, A magnum appeared in Tuvil's hand. He let it fire, sndinga large ball of flame at the nearest vampire, incinerating him. He pulled the trigger again. it clicked. He pulled it again. It clicked again.
"Stupid piece of..." He looked up. Several vampires stood in front of him, their red eyes glowing with anger.
"You traitor." the lead vampire hissed. "How can you call yourself one of us?"
Tuvil rolled his eyes. "You think I want to be considered one of you?"
His hands reached to his back, and drew his heavy claymore. With one heavy swing, a long blast of flames shot out, torching everything. Tuvil grinned with satisfaction. Until he noticed the local bar beside him had burst into flames.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:50 am
Dynamo says...

"Dammit!" he shouted as he desperately looked around for something to put the fire out before it got too big. As he looked he saw more vampires heading toward him. If he didn't do something about the fire it would burn the whole place down.

Gunshots exploded from the roof above and one-by-one the vampires fell with gaping holes in each of their chests. Tuvil turned to see a cloaked man hop off the roof and land on the ground behind him. He had a mechanical leg and arm. Just the sight of him told Tuvil who he was. The Hunter, the notorious vampire slayer. Tuvil thought he had come to kill him. He reached for his claymore.

"Keep your weapon in its sheath, I am not here to kill you." The Hunter looked at the fire. "Go call the authorities."

"What are you going to do?" Tuvil asked.

"Save the occupants." he told him.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:44 am
Rydia says...

Celeste

"I'll leave you three to talk," I decided as I headed for the door.
"We'll send the gold down to your house tomorrow," The woman promised. I nodded absently as I left her house.

Outside the sun was just beginning to rise and shadowy figures slunk away. I considered chasing after a few but I wasn't prepared for a fight. Sure I had a few weapons, well more than a few, but that healing had took a lot of power out of me and I was feeling rather tired. That was when I noticed the fire.

I hurried around the corner to find the legendary Hunter and a vampire stood outside of a burning bar. The vampire did not appear to be threatened by the ever increasing sunlight so I presumed he was a half blood but that didn't explain why the Hunter hadn't run a stake through his heart. The Hunter said something and then headed inside the building and, after a moment's hesitation, the other man followed.

By the time I had reached the bar, the Hunter had already carried one man to safety and the half-vampire was laying a woman out on the cobblestones.
"Can you call an ambulance?" The half-vampire asked. I eyed him warily before answering.
"I'll take care of them. Just get them out." He nodded and hurried off again.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

I send you buckets full of stars, the prettiest rainbow I've ever seen and a really adorable unicorn
— Zenith