z

Young Writers Society

Captured!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:18 pm
SishBee says...

Name: Tave
Species: Half fairy (not a storybook fairy by the way)
Looks: Blonde hair with red streaks, purple eyes
Personality: Not very sociable, hates water
Background: Not much is known about her but she has just been captured and taken onto a ship.

Perfect, I am stuck on a ship, between two smelly pirates who haven't seen any soap in years and to top it all off, the ship is in the middle of the ocean. Wonderful, just wonderful.

'Come on you. We're takin you straight t'the Captain.'

Even better. 'Lovely, I can hardly wait!' I clenched my teeth.

They pulled my on my knees across a wooden floor. I winced as several splinters embeded themselves in my tender knee-caps.

'This is what y'get when you're spying on the Empress without her vail on Missy!'

They stopped outside a door and knocked. The door swung slowly open,

The light coming from the room momentarily blinded me and I was flung to the floor...

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:03 pm
Twit says...

Cool! Can I... *blushes* Can I be a fairy? *sucks thumb* I wanna be a fairwy!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Maybe says...

i wana be in this SB! what are the races and what's the time period? is there magic? are there any gods watching over the world?

~DM
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:40 pm
Twit says...

To add conflict:

Name: Yshvyt (pronounced: ISH-vit)
Species: Ice Sprite
Looks: Blue skin, black eyes with no whites, spiked white blond hair, blue veined wings like a dragonfly's. Leaves a trail of ice when he touches anything.
Personality: A flirt. Could talk his way out of a plum pudding. Charming and can be deadly when roused. Capricious, with bottomless emotions.
Background: Comes from Liua, the ice country where the pirate ship is headed. Meets Tave when she is dumped on Liua's shore.

(Hope you don't mind me dictating this, ShishBee? Just say, and I'll edit)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:35 am
Nutty says...

Me too!
Name: Jly
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: Short, (duh) wears chainmail, Can't see much face between the beard, mustache, hair and eyebrows (all brown and curly)
Carries waraxe with him wherever he goes. Don't try and take it off him.

Personality: Law-abiding, grim, with no sense of humour. Doesn't understand expressions or figures of speech, takes everything literally. Can be happy, but it tends to be while playing chess.
Great mind for figures.
When drunk, however, turns into a angry berserker, and tries to chop people off at the knees.

Background: Is a worker on the galley. An official-looking man came and told him it was his duty to come aboard, and Jly being Jly, he believed him.
Lately, though, he hasn't been so sure this boat is with the law...

**this is okay, right? Tell me if it's not**
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:54 pm
Maybe says...

me me! I'm joining now!!!

Name: Tas
Race: Fairy
Hair: Light brown
Eyes: Mud Brown and filled with fun!
Clothes: A dark green tunic and brown pants.
Wings: Darkish green and slightly transparent.
Personality: A fun loving, carefree fairy who has a knack for getting into trouble. But his sly mind somehow always seems to get him out of it. He is a expert pick pocket and thief, but since no one has caught him, he denies it. Loves t have fun and joke around.
History: Comes from a long line of thieves, but since no one ever caught them, he denies he is a thief at all. traveled for a while, and now he is one the ship that Jly and Tave are on.

*is this good?*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:06 am
Firestalker says...

ME, i wanna join. I wanna be a..............

Name - Zade
Age - 29
Race - elf (Black elf)
Gender - Male
Hair - black
Eyes - blue
Bio - not known

*Some one post after this*
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:30 pm
Twit says...

:roll:

Is this thing dead before it even begins? I can't join until Tave and perhaps Jly get dumped on Liua.

#TNT

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:45 pm
logosgal says...

Okay. I've never done this sort of thing before, so if this is wrong, let me know...

Name: Allynne (Pronounced al-YIN-eh.)
Race: Human, with at least a few drops of elf blood from a long time ago.
Appearance: Tall and skinny. Long, light brown hair and blue-green eyes. Would pass for an elf if it weren't for her round ears.
Clothing: As a slave she would have to wear slaves' uniforms or rags, depending on the master. However, given her choice, when traveling, she wears a long, dresslike tunic with a belt, pants and boots, after the fashion of the Eloinian men. This is the sort of dress she's wearing when she gets captured by the pirates.
Background: Was raised in the town of Asenvarn in the country of Eloinya. When she was 14, her country went to war with Messin, a neighboring country. Her town was decimated and she was taken captive as a slave. She won't say much about those years except that she changed owners several times, until a few months ago, when she made a bold escape from her brutal master. She wandered for quite some time, until she found her way to the docks in the forgien city of Rorran. There, she met a pickpocket named Tas who accidentally got her into trouble with two big sailors. Before Tas could intervene, the men had dragged her onto their ship, bound for Liua.
Personality: Introverted towards strangers, but she's actually quite spirited, especially when provoked. She used to be a happy, outgoing young girl, but the years of hardship have given her a jaded view of life. She also has the tendency to be a bit xenophobic, and especially mistrusts fairies. However, despite all of her tough outer facade, she still tends to have compassionate thoughts which sometimes may show to those around her. She tends to view this as weakness, though, so she usually shoves such thoughts aside or provides an excuse as to how it could help her. She could also probably learn to like faries and forgieners if she'd get to know some nice ones...

Is that ok? If not, PM me or something.
Last edited by logosgal on Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home is where the books are.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:00 pm
Twit says...

It's fine! But no one's posting to the story at all!

#TNT

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:03 am
logosgal says...

Ok, I'll give it a try...

I woke up to more of the same. It was dark and damp and smelly. I could feel the ship rocking in the waves. Why me? I wondered. I was sore all over. I would have given almost anything to be able to stand up and stretch. I couldn't, of course: my hands and feet were chained tightly to the rough wooden bench in my tiny cell.

How many days have I been on this ship, anyway? I had no way of telling for sure. The days and nights took on a uniform dimness in the shadows below deck. I guessed, though, that we were about a week out already.

I leaned back, remembering the sequence of events that had brought me here. I was in Rorran, the great trading city, on my last copper coin. I should have known better than to trust a fairy. They're all the same. Ridiculous creatures that look like men, until they open their wings and begin buzzing around your head like a giant, man-sized bug. There's nothing but mischief and deceit in their heads. I could still see his brown eyes there watching me, laughing, out of the shadows.

There were no fairies in Eloinya. Only men, and a few elves and dwarves. I miss home. I wonder if Asenvarn is even still there.

My thoughts were interrupted by the loud voices of the sailors taunting someone. Through the little grate in my cell, I could see the dim figure of another prisoner being dragged through the filth on the floor. For a moment, I almost pitied her. But pity was a luxury I had learned to live without.

"This is what y'get when you're spying on the Empress without her vail on Missy," one of the guards said, and the door leading to the deck shut.

...how's that? :D
Home is where the books are.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:54 pm
View Likes
SishBee says...

Yep! Those characters are all fine by me. Now all everyone has to is start writing the story!

I'll continue my bit to keep it flowing...

The door slammed behind me and I heard the guards laughing as they walked back to the prison cells.

I squinted as I tried to see against the light. I could see a dark form slowly emerging from the white.

"So, what is it we have here then?" The Captain spoke with a patronising voice tinged with years of hardship.

"Nothing you would be interested in, Pirate scum!"

He laughed. "Look who is talking! I can see what you are. You are the scum my pretty little fairy."

I mentally swore. How did he know I was a fairy? I was only half so I lacked the trademark wings which identified my fathers species.

"Yes, I know what you are. And I know exactly what I am going to do with you. You poor helpless little fairy girl." He had a threateining tone in his voice.

"Oh really?" I touched the bracelet on my left wrist. "Helpless? Oh, I wouldn't exactly say that."

I opened my now adjusted eyes and I took hold of his mind with mine. He was momentarily caught off guard and I took the chance to turn, kick open the door and run!

I ran back towards the prison cells. I knew my way out from there onwards.

I reached the cells and paused. There was a girl kneeling in the corner of the cell next to me. She would have passed for an elf had it not been for her round ears.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

141 Reviews

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:20 am
Firestalker says...

Zade

I sighed and took another bottle of wine. When was anyone going to get me off this bloody island i though
It had been years since he had been abandoned by his fellow mates for being too bloody. I had survived on the island by making wine by taking the watery liquid that was in an plant I had discovered. Luckily it never made me thirsty. I ate bananas and other fruits. I looked into the horizon and sighted a ship. Rubbing my eyes I stood up.
"This has gotta be another bloody hallucination" I said
The ship got closer.
"Over here!" i shouted running towards the sea, tripping because i was drunk. The ship got closer.
"Over here you blind eyed bats" i shouted
--

141 Reviews

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:22 am
Firestalker says...

**Whoops forgot to post this**

Zade

I fell into the icy water. The water washed away my drunkenness and gave me my senses again.
"It really is a ship" i gasped and ran to my supplies. Getting my sword and other weapons i ran back towards the sea and pushed a small boat i had made for such an instance. I knew that from their flag they would not welcome me warmly. I pretended to be asleep as they pulled me out of the boat and lay me on the deck.
"Its an elf cap'n" i heard someone say
"Seems dead to me" said another
"I don't think so" i said and stood up only to be pushed back down.
"oh so that's it isn't it" i said and stabbed the nearest man in the heart with my unsheathed sword.
"Get him" someone shouted and they all jumped at me.
--

141 Reviews

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:24 am
Firestalker says...

**isn't anyone posting**

Zade

"get off me i said finally" i had given a good fight killing four, but they had outnumbered me.
They put me in an cell and closed the door.
"the fairy girl cant get off this ship we'll look for her later" one of them said unheard to me
I smiled, in a matter of hours this ship would be mine. Just then I spotted someone hiding in the cell next to me and someone else in the cell next to him.
"Who the ell are you" i asked
"Who are you" asked the person
"I am Zade" i said shortly then added "Who's he?"
"I am Tave" Tave said from the tone of her voice i knew it to be of a females.
I stood up and walked through the bars using me magic. I looked at her and gasped.
"You're a fairy" i said
"Whats in it for you?" she snapped
"nothing, who's she?" i asked.
--

Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour