z

Young Writers Society

Carnaby

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:22 am
Lindsaroo says...

(a bit diferent)

This is about a place called Carnaby, which is a peacful area and there are not many things going on. (It's not a town, but a major area in Wikilia. There's also, Stantry, Tomkly, and Andtry.) But one day a man who came into the center of Carnaby, wounded and dying, told them of a woman named Tramkar. She was seeking five people who were different. Two: Telapaths. One: Werewolf. One: Fairy. One: Shapeshifter. She needs all five of them to sacrafice their power to the gods so she can be queen of all Wikilia. The five of them must find each other and go to Andtry. This is the area in which Tramkar is in. They have to free a wizard under Tramkar's hold so he can summon the spirits to kill Tramkar so Wikilia is safe again. They will need others that they meet along the way to help protect them. (This leaves room for anyone who wants to join after the five spots are taken up.) They will meet horrible people working for Tramkar and mutated beasts as well. They are venturing into a strange place away from Carnaby.

I'll start it off as being one of the telapaths

(keep the profile to something simalar to this. Feel free to add more than me.)

Name:Aubrey
What she is: Telapath
Eyes:Sky blue
Hair:Long, blond, kept in a braid.
Family:Her mother and little sister.

Aubrey walked down the road to see what the comotion was about. She liked living near the center because she knew what was going on right away. She saw everyone standing around what seemed to be a man. Covered in blood, he had long dark hair that hung in his face now that he was on the ground. He looked slightly muscular, but he also looked slightly dead. She opened her mind to see if she could hear him. Nope. But other thoughts flooded in. Of children who were terrified from seeing the sight, of men who were furious at this stranger for coming in and disrupting the peace and spreading lies, and of women who were afraid that someone they knew was one of the five that would be taken. Aubrey dropped to her knees and held her head, trying to hold back the thoughts. No one noticed her and she was glad of that. One she locked up her mind she got up and walked over there, although she had a raging headache.

Have fun!
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:09 pm
Maybe says...

oo, this looks like loads of fun! i'll join!

Name: Sarka
Race: Shapeshifter
Eyes: Grey
Hair: White with some grey highlights
Clothing: A white shirt and a black mini skirt with black boots that come up to her thighs.
Family: A half brother who is human.
Personality: Sarcastic (in a fun way) stubborn and fun at the same time.
Picture: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/448 ... _scale%3A5 like that, more or less.
Other: When in another form besides human, she is usually all black with grey eyes and white feet.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

116 Reviews

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:28 pm
Maybe says...

Sarka meandered along the small, little known animal trial on the outskirts of town. She heard voices raise and lower in the town, but didnt really care. She flicked the dagger from its cunning throng on her wrist to her hand, and back to her wrist. She scuffed her heels in the dirt, lost in her thoughts.

She had seen the wounded and bleeding man enter the town, stumbling through the streets. She had easily slipped out of town, unseen, and had begun wandering through the woods. She knew she would be called upon to heal the man, since she was one of the only healers in town. She was inexperiaenced and didnt even want to be a healer. Her mother, before she was killed, had forced Sarka to take healing lessons from the town mage.

"Sarka!" she heard her name echo among the trees. "Sarka, where are you!?"

Sarka jumped nimbly into a tree and hid within its sheltering branches until the man passed. He still called out her name and wandered along the animal trail, searching.

Sarka reconized the man and smiled. "I'll come out...but only if you can find me!" she called to him, pitching her voice so that it echoed throughout the forest. It was impossible to tell where it came from.

The man stopped and turned around. "C'mon Sarka. We've got a wounded man in the village in need of some assistance!"

"Is that so, Orion?" Sarka called. "Assistance with what, getting to his death bed? I'm sure one of the other healers can help him with that. I'm not the only healer in town, you know."

"Sarka, c'mon. Please! He says he carries an important message." Orion said.

Sarka sighed and jumped out of the tree, landing directly behind Orion. He started.

"Jeez, dont do that!" Orion exclaimed. Orion was the only person Sarka trusted with her secret. He was the only one who knew she could shapeshift. He was her half brother.

"Alright. Take me to him. And get another healer to help me. I dont want to have to do it all on my own, if hes as bad as you say." Sarka said, trotting along the path towards the town.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:55 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Mind if I join?

Name: Karana
What she is: Telepath
Eyes: Royal Blue
Hair: Blond with red highlights, usually pulled into a long horsetail (ponytail at the base of the neck)
Family: older brother, who is also a telepath

She stood in the shadows of an alley nearby, but not so near as to be noticed. She hated unnecessary attention.

The man's thoughts flooded her mind. ...Tramkar...five people...two telepaths, a werewolf, a shapeshifter... What was he rambling about? ...Imprisoned wizard...help...kill Tramkar...

She scoffed to herself. "Sounds like an adventure."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

170 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:05 am
Lindsaroo says...

Aubrey saw Sarka coming. She pushed through the crowd until she reached the man. Sarka was right there. It looks like she was trying to heal him.

"That won't help. He's gone." Aubrey said, nudging the the corpse with her boot. She smirked at them.

"Don't disrespect the..." One man started.

"Dead? See? You guys are just gonna use this girl for nothing. Just leave her be." Aubrey said looking at her.

"I can save him. I mean...why not try?" Sarka said looking down at the man.

"Because he isn't a friend. And he wasn't sent here to live."

"How would you know?" Everyone was staring at Aubrey now with wide eyes.

"I just...do...I mean how could he be a friend if he's screaming about all of us being doomed? About some one who wants to rule Carnaby? He's trying to strike fear into our minds...but he isn't lying..." Aubrey said looking away.

"What do we do?" Someone shouted.

"Burn his corpse. For a start." She said and walked off. She saw Sarka get up and stand back. "Smart girl." She muttered.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:13 am
Rydia says...

Could I have the fairy?

Name= Skye Riverdale.
Age= 20.
Race= Fairy.
Hair= Long and dark blue.
Eyes= Pale blue with a touch of silver.
Wings= Pale blue.
Family= Just parents. No siblings.
Other= Skye has control over many of the elements but her strongest spells are those concerning the weather.

Skye

I fluttered over the crowd and landed beside Aubrey so that I could take a closer look at the corpse.
"Did he say much other than that we're all going to die?" I asked, lifting his chin to peer into cloudy green eyes. The healers, other than Sarka, eyed me with annoyance and I offered them a sweet smile in return.
"A woman is trying to take over Wikilia and only five people and a wizard can stop her," Aubrey replied.

"Nothing more specific?" I queried. I'm a naturally curious person you see and this was the most excitement we'd had in years.
"Two telepaths, a werewolf, a shapeshifter and a fairy," A female voice elaborated. I turned to see Karana approaching us, her blond hair drawn back in a tight pnytail and highlighted with crimson tones.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:26 pm
Maybe says...

"You heard her! Gather up some torches and burn the corpse!" Sarka told the gathered crowd. Men ran off to do as they were told.

Sarka started to walk off until she saw Orion. One, quick motion with her hand told him to follow her. They pushed out of the crowd and met up at the gate to the town. With that they walked off to the forest.

"Hey, sorry Sark, i didn't know he was already going to be dead. Maybe what that Aubrey girl was right. Maybe that guy really WAS sent here to warn us, then die."

"You have a very simple mind, brother." Sarka said, laying a hand on his shoulder. "That man was sent here, to Carnaby, to first of all, to warn them," she said, nodding her head back to the town. "to root out all of us who don't belong." she pointed to herself.

"But, Sarka, you were born here. How could you not belong?" Orion asked, genuine concern in his eyes. Then he stepped back a pace and understanding filled his eyes. "Oh, right. But still, you shouldn't have to go! You could be killed!"

"True, i could die. But death creeps through the window, comes in with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died. Don't you understand, brother. I must go, or else all of Carnaby will die, including you and me."

"Fine, i understand. But do me one favor." Orion asked.

"Anything." Sarka said, removing her hand from his shoulder.

"Just...TRY not to get yourself killed. Please?"

Sarka laughed. "Of course, brother."

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:58 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Karana looked at Aubrey and the fairy.

"I can't speak for everyone, but my heart and mind tell me to do what I can," she spoke calmly. "Care to accompany me?"

She watched the fairy. Such annoying, frisky creatures. I pray I don't regret this.

When both of them hesitated, she smirked. "The man did say there would have to be two telepaths, a fairy, a werewolf, and a shapeshifter..."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:26 pm
Maybe says...

Sarka walked alongside her brother on the small animal trail.

"So when do you leave?" Orion asked, turning his head to look at her.

"Soon, probably. I need to locate the other people the foolish man spoke of." Sarka said.

Orion stopped and she kept walking. "Do you know who they are?" he asked.

"I have a few ideas. But I'm not certain." she said. Orion started walking again.

"How will you reveal yourself to them?" he asked.

"I still dont know yet. I'll sleep on it." she said. He turned to look back at where he was walking.

"Look out." Sarka said and pushed her brother out of the way of a hidden trap used to catch animals. She fell down into a small pit.

"Sarka, you alright?" Orion called down.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she called back. A few seconds later a small hummingbird flew out. It flew up a couple of feet then transformed back into Sarka.

"Never seen that one before." Orion commented on her previous form. She self consciously brushed the dirt and twigs from her hair.

"I don't use it much." she said. She turned around and sighed when she didn't see anyone. She didn't want anyone other than Orion knowing she could shapeshift, not now.

170 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:32 pm
Lindsaroo says...

Aubrey look at the girl.

"Who are you?"

"Karana." She answered.

"And how would you know that we two are any of what the man speaks."

"Because I am. I'm a telepath." She said in a hushed voice.

"No..." Aubrey breathed.

"What are you?"

"Lets just say it comes close to your line of blood." She said and winked.

"I never knew there was another one." Karana said. "But it's nice to know I have company." She laughed.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:48 pm
Lethero says...

Name:Lethero
Race:Werewolf
Hair/Fur:Snow white
Eyes:Red
Skin:Pale
Description:Wears pitchblack leather armor with a blood red Werewold paw on the chest. Carries a scimator which he carries in a sheath on his back. Loner.

Lethero stepped into the town of Carnaby. He learned of someone here who could tell him where he could find the person who killed his pack. He promised someday he would avenge his pack. He needed to find the person by the name of Sarka.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:01 pm
Maybe says...

"C'mon, we should be getting back. I need to see if i can find the others." Sarka said. She turned around and started back. Dusk was just starting so settle across the land and the shadows were growing longer and giving everything an eerie feel.

"Good idea." Orion said, following behind her, careful not to step in the trap. He hurried his steps and came to walk beside Sarka.

"I want to come with you." he said suddenly. Sarka turned to him but kept walking.

"Why is that, brother?" she asked.

"Because, if you die, i want to die beside you." he said.

"What good would that do?" she turned on him, almost angrily. "All that would accomplish is the last of our family name being erased. We are all that's left, dont you understand? You must stay here." she said.

"Yes, sister, i understand, but i cannot bear to see you..."

"I know Orion. I will try to return soon." she said, and started walking again. After a few moments he followed, more slowly.

Sarka emerged back onto the road and started in the direction of the town. When she got there, another stranger was standing near the gate, arguing with the guards. This one seemed in better health than the one earlier. She walked up.

"Who are you?" she demanded. The guards snapped back into attention, seeing the problem was taken care of.

"I'm Lethero. I come seeking a woman name Sarka. Do you know where i can find her?" he replied in a gruff voice.

The guards cast each other amused glances.

"Yes, i know where she can be found." Sarka said. She turned and motioned Orion to follow her. Then she spoke to Lethero. "Follow me."

She led the two of them to her house and sat Lethero down. Orion stayed near the door.

"Why are we here!? I thought you were taking me to Sarka!" Lethero demanded.

"I have. Welcome to my home." Sarka said. "I am Sarka."

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:07 pm
Lethero says...

"You have information to the ones that killed me pack," Lethero said imediatly.

"I do, do I?" Sarka asked.

"I'm looking for a group of humans by the name of Glaske."

"Yes, I know of them, but I wouldn't suggest facing them. You'll get killed."

"I don't care."

""Ah, they got an enemy with nothing to die for now."

"Yes, and I'll make them regret that." Lethero pulled out his sword. "I will spill their blood with my sword. I will avenge the death of my brethren."
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

170 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:23 pm
Lindsaroo says...

"That Sarka...if you...ya know. "Listened" to her...she seems not...well, human. Ya know?" Aubrey said.

"I know what you mean." She said.

"You thinking we should find her and ask if she wants to come?"

"It's worth a try." Karana shrugged.

Aubrey, Skye, and Karana followed a path to where someone had told them she lived and knocked on the door. Sarka answered.

"Hi again." Aubrey said smiling.

"What do you want?" She asked and Aubrey saw the man in the room.

"Oh...sorry to disturb you...I...I didn't know..." She said looking away.

"Oh no It's not like that. We're just talking. Promise. Come in...I guess. Wait...friend or foe?"

"Friend. If this were any other time I would question your suspicions. But I know these are new times."

"Yes they are." She said softly and opened the door.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:51 pm
Maybe says...

Sarka eyed the three as they entered her house. The one who knocked and the girl following her were the ones she thought were telepaths. The last one to enter she assumed, was the fairy. She knew the man as the werewolf already. That was easy to tell.

"What are your names? Besides you, Aubrey." Sarka asked them, shutting the door.

"I am Karana." the girl said. Sarka was almost positive she was a telepath.

"I'm Skye." the fairy said. Sarka nodded.

"This is Lethero. He is..." Sarka glanced at him to see if it was alright to tell them what he was. He nodded for her to go on. "He's a werewolf."

Aubrey glanced at him curiously. "You don't look familiar." he stated. "You just get here?"

"Yes. I came seeking Sarka because i had gotten word that she knew where to find my pack's murders." Lethero said. He looked into the fire burning in the fireplace.

"What are you?" Karana asked Sarka. She spun around.

"I can ask the same question to you. Who's to say I'm not human?" Sarka demanded.

Karana looked at Aubrey. She sighed. "We're the telepaths. Skye here is the fairy. And since Lethero is the were wolf...that would make you..."

In answer, Sarka turned into a gleaming black dragon with white claws.

"That would make me Shapeshifter."

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende