z

Young Writers Society

Griffin University

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat May 19, 2007 2:29 am
MadHatter says...

Hello. This is about Griffin University, a school for those who intend on riding a Griffin. This is set in modern times so that's a twist. The school has been around for 1000 years and founded by Mordred (the first Griffin rider.)

Rules
~ Character HAVE to be Human.
~ Have to be students
~ Can't God Mod.
~ If you die, feel free to create another one, but don't create more than one character at a time.
~ One Griffin per person
~ 4 Dorms/Clans within the University (The Feathers, The Claws, The Beaks, and The Wings)
~ Please keep it fairly clean

Please have a character Bio. (for a format, look at mine.)

Name: Jacob Adams
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Grey
Years Completed: 2
Clan: Feather

Griffin Name: Roguefeather
Feather Color: Black
Eye Color: Green

The alarm clock was blaring in Jacob's ear. "I guess I have to get up." He said with a groan. He slowly moved out of his bed. He looked around at the farmilar surroundings of his dorm room. The Clan logo; a feather surrounded by fire; was on almost every thing.
"Rogue!" he called out as he stepped onto his balcony. One of the Griffins flying around flew down, landing on the large walk-out. "Good girl." He petted her soft mane. She had an almost dog like quaility to her. "Just let me get on my riding uniform and I'll take you for a little ride." He walked back inside. The Big quarterly exam was today. He had to master the triple back flip, the side zoom, and the hardest move yet...the back archer. He had to zoom around the university with no control of Roguefeather (like a battle situation) and shoot random targets hidden everywhere. He wanted to get the most practice in as he could. He zipped up his jump suit. "Let's ride."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat May 19, 2007 4:19 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

This sounds like fun :)

Name: Belletrix (Belle) Winter
Eye Color: Very dark blue
Hair Color: black
Years Completed: 1
Clan: Wings

Griffin Name: Wingarrow
Feather Color: brown
Eye Color: silver

Another griffin was flying about, the rider's hair streaming behind him. He nudged Rogue forwards, aiming to catch up.
"Good morning," he shouted through the air current, before realizing it was a Wing clan student.

"Good morning, Feather man," shouted back the female rider, laughing.
ohmeohmy

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat May 19, 2007 5:17 pm
Jules the jester says...

Name: Jon Ross
Eye Color: blue
Hair Color: Ginger
Clan: Beaks

Griffins name: Beak
Feather colour: Black with dottings of white.
Eye Colour: Green

Jon groaned as something pulled his bed coverings away from him. Rolling over he fell to the floor. Swearing he pushed himself up. His griffin was stood over him looking at him with baleful eyes.
"I'm not late again am I." Beak clucked his tongue. The fl,oor to ceiling windows to his balcony were wide open. Jon liekd to sleep with them open, it meant that if Beak wanted him he could find a way in.

Running to the wardrobe Jon pulled his blue jumpsuit out, it had his house insignia upon it. A black beak.
"Damnit. Its the Exams today!" Beak moved its head up and down and clucked its tongue. "Shuttup." Climbing up ont the girffins back he nudged him forward.
"Lets go. I may not fail if i am just a few minutes late."
Man:George look at this.
George: look at what?
Man: Ha made you look!
George: Idiot!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat May 19, 2007 5:30 pm
Twit says...

Name: Robyn Harrow
Hair Colour: Blonde
Clan: Claw

Griffin Name: Sunclaw
Feather Colour: Gold
Eye Colour: Gold

Robyn woke slowly, and rolled over onto her back with a groan. Then she remembered what day it was, and her mouth snapped shut in mid-yawn. Exams. Oh lawks.

She got out of bed and shuffled over to the window. Outside, she could see two other riders in the clear sky - one from Wing Clan, and the other from Feather. No Claws, as yet, she thought.

She turned back. On the chair in front of her bed, her clothes were neatly laid out where she had folded them last night. Robyn quickly changed into the grey jumpsuit that marked her for a Claw Clan student. All the other clans had their own colours, but Robyn liked the soft grey of Claw Clan best.

She went out onto the balcony that all the windows had, and whistled into the stillness of early morning. There was an answering cry from Sunclaw as he dropped from the sky like an arrow and pulled up sharply before her. Robyn smiled one of her rare smiles, and mounted. Sunclaw wriggled, and she shifted into position, twining her hands in his mane. Then she moved her weight back, and Sunclaw wriggled his hips, then leapt into the sky.

Robyn placed her feet firmly on the base of each wing, and braced herself as Sunclaw threw himself into a tight curve. Once she had gotten over her initial air sickness, Robyn enjoyed the flights she took. That reminded her of her exams, and she steered Sunclaw in the direction of the training grounds.

**Any ideas on how you steer a griffin? Do they have reins/saddles or what? Can the riders communicate with them, or are they only animals?**
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

75 Reviews

Sat May 19, 2007 6:38 pm
Jules the jester says...

*How about teh animals understand what there human counterpattys are one about and move there heads and make sounds in reply. and to steer tap with feet.*

Beak swerved around a spire. Jon coudl see two other riders in the sky. One he recognised, Jacob from The feather Clan. He was in teh same year and apart from the Clan differences Jon liked him.

He waved and Jon returned the wave.
"Come on, Boy. Lets get some breakfast." Beak screeched a friendly response.

Jon guided Beak down towards a large building. Two huge doors were wide open and students were milling outside. Beak sent them running out teh way as he fleww low over them and landed in the entrance hall of the building.

"Jon Ross! That Griffin stays outside. You know the rules!" A tall gangly woman was running towards him pointing at Beak. Jon slid from Beak's back and nodded.

"Sorry ma'am. He just enjoys scaring the students witless sometimes." Beak was clawing at the floor. His head raised as teh smell of food drifted to him. Jon smelt it too.

"Beak NO!" It was too late, Beak was running towards the doors that lead into the dining hall. The woman was running to.

Inside the dining hall student ran for teh walls as Beak leapt to a table and began wolfing down fruit, bacon and eggs.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat May 19, 2007 7:22 pm
Shadowsun says...

Name: James West
Hair Colour: Black
Years Completed: 3
Clan: Wings

Griffin Name: Amarum
Feather Colour: Brown

James was sat at his desk reading Latin for the Novice, he always had a craving for knowledge. A Griffin screeched and James snapped his head right to look outside. They were out already, he thought. The first and second years had their quaterly exam on Basic Griffin Techniques today. The BGT's were a pain, but they did help improve your flying.

Amarum crept up to him and placed her head on his lap. He scratched behind her ear and she purred contentedly. "Is it really time to get going?" James asked.

Amarum made a strange growling noise. James laughed.

"Alright then, I'll get ready." He walked acroos the floor, carefully navigating through the junk that was scattered all over the room. "Ah," He said, "there it is." James picked up an old crinkled, green jumpsuit with a brown wing embroided on its right shoulder and a red band on its left arm. Amarum looked over at him and held his gaze for a second.

"Okay, okay, I'll wear a fresh jumpsuit." He jumped over a pile of books and fished a new jupsuit out of a cupboard. He pulled it on and strode up to Amarum. "Ready to go?" He asked.

Amarum stood up and James jumped up onto her back.

"Lets go flying."

Amarum obeyed and launched herself out of the window and into the sky.
Last edited by Shadowsun on Sun May 20, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 19, 2007 10:23 pm
Nutty says...

Name: Shryal
Hair colour: tawny brown
Eye colour: dark brown, almost black
Years completed: 1

Griffen: Slyten
Feather colour: bronze
Eye colour: brown

Shyral woke up. The sun was on her face.
"Oh no... I've slept in...."
Shyral stood up. Or rather, she tried to. But her blankets twisted around her legs and she fell straight on her face.
She stood up, straightened her blue jumpsuit, which she had fallen asleep in.
"Slyten!"
Slyten stuck his head into the room, his eyes showing his thoughts clearly.
"I know, I'm a clutz. But we can fly!"
Shyral ran outside, climbed up on her grymate, her fingers winding around the long feathers around his neck.
"Come on, we can make it to the exams... if we take the quick way."
Slyten crowed in agreement, and plunged straight off the ledge, falling at breakneck speed. Suddenly, Slyten snapped out his wings, and rose up, still quicker then what was recommended around the school.
With a beat of his wings, Slyten made for the exams.[/i]
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

280 Reviews

Sat May 19, 2007 10:31 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

"'All freedom has responsibility,'" quoted Belle into Wingarrow's ears. "Or so said Benny Franklin. I guess he didn't know our freedom, yes?" Wingarrow did a loop to show his agreement.
ohmeohmy

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun May 20, 2007 3:39 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Name: Aqua
Hair colour: golden Blondie
Eye colour: blue-green/hazel
Years completed: 2

Griffin: Corrith
Feather colour: bluish grey
Eye colour: green

Aqua had been enjoying her meal before Jon's griffin, Beak, leapt onto her table and began scarfing down her meal.

"Beak!" she cried, barely missing the shower of eggs the beast had caused.

"Jon! You need to control your griffin!" Mrs. Tormin said sharply while Jon climbed onto the table to wrestle his steed away from the food. Aqua climbed up to help.

Beak fought against the pair, but Jon gave him a harsh command and he finally allowed them to lead him out into the courtyard. Corrith was perched on the roof like a gargoyle, his feathers looked like stone, aside from the glint of the sun that flickered off his rippling feathers.

"Do you even feed him?" Aqua joked when they had gotten Beak settled.

"Of course. He just likes the food we eat better." Jon laughed. "Thanks for the help." They walked back into the dining hall.

"No problem. I wanted to attempt at finishing eating before Beak ate it all, but I guess that's impossible." Aqua looked at the scattered food and giggled. "Luckily, I got to eat a good bit. Enough to hold me off until lunch."

"I'm sorry about Beak."

"Don't worry about it! I'll see you for the Exams." Aqua left the Hall and called down Corrith.

He landed right in front of her and nuzzled her, making a light chirping noise.

"Ready?" Aqua asked as she mounted the graceful creature. He clicked his tongue and launched himself into the air, spiraling upwards.[/i]
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

75 Reviews

Sun May 20, 2007 4:53 pm
Jules the jester says...

Jon watched as Aqua rose into the air. Beak nipped him on the shoulder.
"Stop that." Beak knew how Jon felt.
Turning Jon looked into the angry face of Mrs Tormin.

"Now Jonathan, What have you to say?" She demanded of him.

"Err, my name is Jon, Mrs." A few students within earshot laughed as they walked past. Another student from the same clan as Jon threw a strip of bacon to Beak.

"I think, Jon" She put emphasis on his name. "That you will be cleaning the Griffin Stables Tonight. After that you can fly Beak and Teach Him some basic discpline."

"Ok, Mrs." Turning To Beak Jon mounted and the flew up. He saw Shryal Speeding through the air. Aqua was circling above. Jon waved to them both and they waved back.

"Time for exams Huh?" He yelled To Aqua.

"Suppose so!" She dropped down to hsi level and they flew off together towards the practise fields.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun May 20, 2007 7:25 pm
Samara says...

(sorry! i'm late! one more character to add! she'll be late for breakfast and you can all yell at her :D)

Name: Raelyn
Hair color: red
Eye color: blue
Griffin's name: Shadowsong
Clan: Feathers

The squawks and roars of dozens of hungry griffins woke Raelyn at dawn, two hours earlier than the other students would begin to stir. Groaning, she got up off her pallet and glared out the window. “Can’t you guys sleep in?” she hollered.

The stables below erupted in a series of snippy comebacks which Rae translated as a collective no. She sighed, running her fingers through her long red curls, and dressed in her riding clothes. Griffins were always grumpy in the mornings.

Rae slid her arms into her oversized jacket, emblazoned with a flaming feather. All her clothes had been provided by the scholarship committee at the university, along with her tuition and her tack. It had been a blessing for her mother to know that she wouldn’t have to pay the rather formidable cost of the college; the downside was that all the clothing and tack was for someone quite a bit older and bigger than Rae. Apparently the scholarship committee hadn’t expected a seventeen year old to apply as a novice rider – and be accepted.

It was her dad’s fault, Rae thought with a chuckle. Back on their farm when she was a little girl, her father would leave slabs of meat on the cliffs, and the two of them would watch as the wild fledglings came and fought over the food. She would sit silent and awed as he chirruped and squawked and coaxed the griffins from their nests in their own language. She had believed that her father was a mage, but he had laughed and told her it wasn’t magic, just a willingness to listen and learn.

He was right. Rae spent hours listening and watching and learning from these beautiful animals, and gradually, she began to understand.

The had called her a prodigy. They had called her gifted. But that wasn’t really it. She just had an affinity for language, and the griffins’ language was surprisingly simple. She had an affinity for animals, and griffins were incredible animals.

Dressed and ready to go, Rae walked out to her balcony and scanned the paddock below. She spotted Shadowsong almost immediately. The rising sun shimmered off his purple-black feather, contrasting sharply with his ivory lion hide. It was never hard to find Shadow in the flock. He stuck out like a soar thumb. Kind of like Rae herself.

“Shadow!” Rae sang out, and the griffin’s emerald eyes found her instantly. He called to her, a single pure note that she recognized as a griffin greeting. Then he took to the sky, launching himself into the air and high above her head. Rae grinned and stood on the high wall surrounding the balcony, waiting for Shadow to sail past her. When he was one hundred meters away she caught his eye and tipped forward, diving into thin air. With a squawk of excitement Shadow swooped past, leveling out to catch her a moment before she hit the ground. “Good boy,” she gasped, stroking his dark silky feather. Good boy. How about a flight before breakfast?”

Some things could be understood without translation. Shadow shrieked and rocketed into the sky, happy to be alive on such a beautiful day.
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."
~Me referring to Ashton Kutcher.

"I think the dragon should eat him."
~My boyfriend referring to Eragon

75 Reviews

Sun May 20, 2007 7:46 pm
Jules the jester says...

Jon brought Beak down. Aqua landed just a few feet away. Beak clicked his tongue at Corrith and bucked, Obviously he didnt want Jon on his back. Aqua slid from Corrith and walked over to Jon. The two griffins took to teh air and began chasing eachother.

"Like kids Eh?" Aqua laughed and pushed Jon.

"And your mature arent you, Jon?"

"Why of course my lady. I be the maturist of all students here at this fine learning establishment." Jon smiled at his friend.

A small man came running across to them. It was Mr Panton, the head of Jon and Aqua's clan. He held a clipboard and a wide smile.

"Jon, Aqua. So good to see you two. I have great hopes for you Aqua and for you Jon if you can control that Griffin of yours." Jon smiled cheekily

"You heard about that then?" The teacher nodded.

"And it will take alot for me to get you out of punishment!" Jon and Aqua were Mr Pantons favourite students along with a few others. "It is the exams today. For you Jon you are beiong examed by Mrs Tormin. And luckily for you i am going to be Examing you!"

Aqua burst out laughing as Jon's face dropped. Mrs Tormin hated Jon, she was the head of examinations in the university and last year Beak had released his bowels whilst flying overhead. Combining that with this morning Jon stood no chance.

"Well good luck Jon, Mrs Tormin will be here in half an hour. Aqua call Corrith down and we will begin."

As Aqua moved away she turned and smiled. "At least you arent late."

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun May 20, 2007 7:58 pm
Shadowsun says...

Amarum rocketed through the sky performing flips, spins and loops. A hundred pairs of eyes stared up in amazement as James and Amarum performed incrediblie feats of aireal manouverability. Amarum clicked he tounge, her way of telling him that people were watching. James shrugged. "Let them watch." He then jumped of Amarums back when she was in themiddle of a loop and landed on her again at the end of it. Amarum stared at him in dissaproval. "So what, I'm a third year, I'm allowed to show off."

Amarum circled round a few times until James pointed at the ground. "look!" He said. "The first and second years are starting their exams. Lets go watch."

Amarum plummeted downwards, only pulling up at the last minutee to perch on a rooftop. "And you thought I was showing off." James laughed. Amarum actually had the decency to look embarrassed. He watched as Mrs Tormin approached the exam grounds. James winced. "I pity whoever has her as their examiner." Amarum cocked her head in agreement.
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

75 Reviews

Sun May 20, 2007 8:17 pm
Jules the jester says...

* i do believe i am Posting alot :lol: hope no one minds*

Jon grimaced as Mrs Tormin looked him over., Beak was at his side sat on his rump looking completely unconcerned.

"Up and do the triple back flip." Jon sighed relief.

"Come on Beak, lets show this witch what we can do." Beak clicked his agreement as Jon climbed onto his back. Beak took off and circled higher and higher.

He nudged Beak in the ribs and patted him on the neck. This was the signal for the backflip. Jon gripped on with his knees and held tight as Beak did first one then a second and finally a third backflip.

Beak knew that Jon hated doing backflips so flew steadily downwards and landed. Once upon the ground Beak looked back and Jon and clicked his tongue.

"Well done, Jon. Now do The back archer. The side Zoom has been taken off of the curriculim this year."

Jon took to teh air once more and began towards the starting area of the Back archer, Grimacing.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon May 21, 2007 12:28 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Aqua glanced back to see Jon starting his back archer. She disliked that particular move, but she was better with a bow than with a sword, though she preferred neither.

"Okay, Aqua. Mount Corrith and perform the triple back flip with the Final loop performed while spinning." Mr. Panton said, readying his clipboard.

"You're going to make it tough this time aren't you?" Aqua said with a smile.

"I have to see your best!"

Aqua sighed and mounted Corrith. They were in the air in a second and Aqua was readying for the move.

"Ready, boy?" Corrith chirruped. "Let's go, then."

Corrith pulled up sharply and performed the first loop, and then the second. He began to twirl as he ascended for the third. Aqua's knees began to slip and she clung to Corrith's mane and tightened her knees on the saddle.

Just when she felt like her strength would give away, Corrith leveled out and angled toward the ground.

Aqua let out a sigh of relief. "That was close." Corrith garbled in worry as they touched down. He looked at her as though asking, "Are you okay?"

"Well done, Aqua! Well done. Now, it is required you perform the back archer or would you like to wait to do that last?"

"Don't I need to wait for the course to be cleared?"

"You can use the third years' course. It shouldn't be too hard for you."

Aqua took a deep breath, she hadn't dismounted because her knees felt weak. "I'll wait."

"Okay." Mr. Panton then gave her a list of simpler maneuvers to complete.
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang