5. HAVE FUN!!!

My chrachter:

Name- Naomi (Pronounced: ni-o-me)
Gender- Female
Age- 15
Hair- Black
Eyes- A deep emerald
Personality- Shy and scared, strong willed

Naomi looked around frantically. She didn't know where she was. They caught her. She knew it. They always caught Runners. She hugged her knees to her chest and rocked back and forth slowly. It was pitch black and her eyes could see nothing. In hopes of getting her bearings she reached out a tenative hand and flinched when it touched cold metal. A box, she thought. Of course. They had caught her and were bringing her back to Liken. She had chosen to run away from Liken three days ago and they had already caught her. As a single tear slipped down her pale cheek she absently rubbed the star shaped scar on her chin. She winced when the small cage bounced and she hit her head. She was traped.

Of course Runners never made it out of Liken. They were always found and brought back for more work. There was only one that had actually escaped, her sister, Nyla. After her mother's beating Naomi had chosen to run from the horrible society. She figured that if Nyla could Run, so could she.
She jerked her head from her mournful thoughts when the moving cage came to a stop. She heard murmmurs outside and a large clicking sound. Then she could see it. A small sliver of light. Someone was opening her cage.
"It is better to hope than to despair; To love than to hate;
To question than accept; To be strong than weak;
To do something rather than nothing; To live than to die;
To be free than be bound"
Yours truly, Siam

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:50 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Name: Riku
Hair: Gray, thick, Long over the eyes.
Eyes: Brown
Personality: Lazy, but does what he thinks is right and will fight when needed.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:35 pm
Kinsley says...

Name- Lilyan (Pronounced: lil-e-in)
Gender- Female
Age- 23
Hair- Red
Eyes- Sapphire
Personality- quiet, watchful, thinks before acting

Lilyan could see them. Even through the thick foilage of the trees she could see several men hauling a cart of somekind to the nearby villiage. Liken, they called it. She had heard many stories. They put women into slavery. One was once beaten to death for not doing her share of the work. It wasn't necessary work. Just miscellaneous tasks but it was almost always for the villiage leader, Raul. If someone tried to Run, legions of men would search until they found the Runner and they would bring them them back, just as they were doing now. No one ever made it. But there were rumors of one who escaped several years ago. She was just a little girl at the time.

Lilyan snapped out of thought when she heard the latch opening. She shook her head and kept watching, her eyes fixed on the opening.
Last edited by Kinsley on Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

185 Reviews

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:00 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Raiku was simply relaxing under an oak tree enjoying the warmth of the sun and the cool breeze flow through his hair. He got up with a yawn and streched. "Maybe I'll go for a walk." As he heads toward the raod he hears someone comind. He ducks down under the brush. A carte pulled by a hoarse is being fallowed by armed men. "Great. So they got anotherone." It stops right infront of him.
"Lets stop and rest here," says one of the men.
"Are you sure?" Asked another.
"Sure, she wont get away. She's already half dead."
"So a girl ran this time. Interesting." The men walk to the side to eat and rest. "I should save her, but it would be such a hasal. Lets get this over with before I change my mind." Riku creeps out of the bushes to the back of the carte. He cuts the lock with the tip of his sword. "They really don't think she'll escape. This can't even be considered a lock." He quietly opens the door to see a girl alittle younger then himself. They stare at eachother. He can't help but smile.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:49 pm
Siam says...

A man, a little older than herself, offers a big hand to her. Naomi takes it gingerly and he helps her out of the cart. He places a finger to his lips indicating that she should be quiet. She nods her head and follows him back around the cart. When they reach the thick undergrowth he smiles broadly.

"Are you okay?" he asks. Naomi flashes him a tentative smile.

"I'm fine. Thank you for helping me." Riku's head snaps back in the direction of the men.

"Don't thank me yet. We're not out of this," he says and rushes her through the trees.

"Where is she?" a man bellows. Naomi shudders and pushes her legs to run faster.

"Do you know where we're going?" she asks. He shakes his head and looks up just in time to duck underneath an overhead branch.
Yours truly, Siam

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:56 pm
Kinsley says...

Lilyan jumped down from her position in the trees to land on her haunches in front of the two. Her sword swings gently at her side.

"Need some help?" she asked with a smile. The pair just stood there staring at her. Typical, she thought, she had to get stuck with these two. She waved her hand frantically. "Come on. They're bound to catch up." Lilyan takes off in the direction to her right and is glad when the two follow.
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

8 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:44 am
Siam says...

Naomi's heart was pounding as she raced through the trees. She glanced up to see Riku running at her side.

"Guess you're really a Runner now, huh?" he asked smiling. Naomi didn't reply and kept running. After what seemed like hours, Lilyan finally stopped.

"Look at you! You're not even breathing hard!" Naomi exclaimed when she saw Lilyan. She just smiled and gave a toss of her wild red hair.

"May I ask why you're Running in the first place?"

"I've had enough! Of this whole entire place! I wanna be where you can talk without having to be told to get back to work. I wanna be where you don't have to scrub your hands raw washing dishes or busting open blisters digging clay. I wanna be where I can be a girl!" Naomi cried furiously.

"Look no further," Lilyan said as she pulled back a large tree branch to reveal another villiage. Men and women were bustling about the crude roads carrying numerous things. Children rushed through flowers with gay pets and squeled until their throat hurt. Elderly women knitted and performed various tasks out in the sunshine while their men helped the younger men in the fields.

Naomi gasped. "Wow!"

"Here they share the work load and the play load evenly." Lilyan said beaming.

"Even the men?" Naomi asked.

"Even the men." Lilyan's smile faded and was replaced by a look of terror. She quickly ushers Naomi and Riku through the small opening and down the hill towards the villiage.

"What's wrong?" Naomi asked, her fear evident.

"They're coming," Lilyan replied.

"Who?"

"The Chasers."
Yours truly, Siam

185 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:08 pm
piepiemann22 says...

"This is becoming a really bad Idea on my part." He looks over at the two girls. Why me he said to himself. "Go."
The girls just look at him.
"I have no real part in this and to tell the truth I don't very much want one. All I ever wanted was a carefree and quiet life, but it doesn't seem like it will that simple. Go, I'll hold them back and meet up with you later in town. Get her cleaned up and in new clothes."
The older one nodes her heard and darts toward the town.
"Time to get started."
The men come a few minutes later.
"Son, I'm looking for a run away. Have you seen her." The man holds up a picture.
"Yes."
"Thank you, lets go men."
Riku draws his sword to block the mans path.
"What are you doing?"
"It may be a hasle, but I can't allow you to pass."
"Wha...."
Riku drives his sword into the man killing him. The other men draw swords.
"Five, this shouldn't be to hard." Riku smiles confusing the other men. He charges and stabs one man through the heart. He parries the next attack and stricks back.
"Who's next?"
All three of them charge at him at once. He dodges the first stroke, spins and cuts. He blocks the next one, but is kick in the side. The soldier takes this chance to slash his arm, but Riku is abale to jump back avoiding the worst of the blow. The other comes up behind him. He ducks and stabs.
"One left."
The last man has a look of tarror on his face. He drops his sword and runs away.
"Great, I'll be a wanted man. What did I get myself into this time."

8 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:44 am
Siam says...

Naomi didn't dare look back as she ran to the villiage. Instead, she focused on Lilyan's firey hair swinging wildly as she ran. Strange, Naomi thought, she looked so different from everyone else she knew. Her eyes were like dark sapphires. She hardly got a good look at her but she was able to notice the sprinkling of freckles that marched across her nose. Her skin was so pale that it was almost translucent. Though her clothes didn't do much for beauty, it sure showed off her great figure. Naomi sighed and wished she could look that good.

Once they reached town Lilyan pulled her into a small dwelling. She pulled out two fresh tunics from a dresser in the corner. Old clothes discarded, they left the small dwelling and went to the local market. A big woman greeted them brightly.

"Oh, Nyla! It's so good to see you again. Where have you been hiding all this time?" she asked dragging Naomi into a tight hug against her large bosom.

"She's been wondering about the forest with me, Gloria," Lilyan said quickly. "It's great to see you too." Lilyan grabbed Naomi's arm and hastily pulled her away from the market. Naomi looked at her with astonishment.

"She called me Nyla!" she exclaimed.

"You look just like her. If you want to see her I can take you to her. I'm sure she's wandering about the villiage somewhere," Lilyan replied.

Lilyan changed direction and headed toward a watering hole. Just as Naomi turned she walked smack into another girl.

"In fact, here she is now."
Yours truly, Siam

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:50 am
Seriena says...

Name- Nyla
Gender- Female
Age- 15
Hair- Black
Eyes- A deep emerald
Personality- Fearless, strong willed, outspoken

Nyla crawled up from the ground and stood face to face with a mirror. The girl had the same jet black hair and the same dark green eyes as her. Her nose, small and round like her own, pointed toward the ground. The girl smiled shyly.

"Excuse me. My apologies, Ma'am. I shall pay further attention in the future to where I walk. May it never happen again," she said. She looked at Nyla expectantly. Expecting what? Oh, she must be from Liken. Nyla's brow furrowed as she tried to recall the required apology when one ran into someone.

"My apologies, to you. I too shall pay further attention to where I walk in the future. May it never happen again," she replied finally. She bowed her head and the girl returned the gesture. Nyla smiled mechanically to the girl and her companion and jumped with a start when she realized who her friend was.

"Oh, Lilyan! It's so great to see you!" Nyla hugged her fiercely to her and tried not to read too much into the gril's frown. In Liken hugs were not allowed. In fact, it was preferred that women were to show no emotion at all. It was many reasons Nyla had left Liken so long ago. The Chasers had hunted her for months. Thank goodness Lilyan had been there. Being five, she was able to hide easily enough but she wasn't very fast and often went in circles. Lilyan had found her in the hollow of a tree and showed her the way out.

Lilyan embraced her back but it was short lived.

"Nyla, do you have some place where Naomi can stay?" So Naomi must be a Runner. She would not be seen out of the villiage otherwise. The Chasers would be after her, which was probably the reason she need a place to hide.

"Of course. Come this way," Nyla said taking Naomi's hand and leading her to her small house. "You should be safe here for a while. Let me know if you need anything." She let them be so Naomi could settle in and find her way around.

Nyla made the short trip to the clay maker's cottage. He would be teaching her how to make pots on the pottery wheel today.
"There will come a moment when you have a chance to do the right thing."

"I love those moments, I like to wave at them as they pass by..."

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:52 am
blackwings_angel says...

Name- Huron
Gender- Male
Age- 20
Hair- dirty blonde
Eyes- blue
Personality- Joyfull, carefree, and not very smart

Lylian and Nyla walked in the room. "Hi Nyla, Lylian." HUron said, his pot spinning almost carefreely on the turntable. A few seconds later another girl quite like Nyla walked in. "Hi Nyla." He then stopped pedlling his wheel. No wonder Nyla could be in so many different places at once. There were two Nylas! "Huron, I would like you to meet Naomi, today you can give her a lesson on making pots." Huron nodded, "Okay Nyla. I'll teach Nie-Oh-Me how to make pots." Huron said struggling with his new word. He stood up and walked towards the back room, pushing aside the cloth he used as a door. He pulled out a second pottery wheel and set it next to his. "Let's make pots." Huron said, patting the seat of the wheel. As soon as Nyla and Lylian walked out of his cottage his lesson started. "This is how we make pots..."
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

8 Reviews

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:18 pm
Siam says...

Anyone want to fill me in on the basics of making a pot? It would make writing this part a whole lot easier...

Naomi learned how to keep the clay balanced on the turntable and how to round it just right. Her foot ached from peddling and she had wet clay everywhere but finally she had a simple pot. It curved up and then out to form a lip at the opening. Her pot wasn't quite as smooth as Huron's but he said it would do. Then he smiled.

"Want to come get more clay with me? But first we have to stick the pots in the kiln to fire. We'll have to leave them in there for a couple days until they fire completely." He wiped his hands on an old cloth and grabbed two spades. After sticking the pots in the kiln they made their way down to the river side. Finally, he stopped pushing the wheelbarrow he had brought along. Naomi noticed that many slabs of clay had been cut here. She also noticed the color of the clay.

"On top you will find a less dense brown clay. It is the easiest to work with. If you dig farther down you will come to a red colored clay. It's a lot less dense than the brown but that makes gathering it harder. Much farther down is the very rare black clay. You don't see many pieces of pottery made from black clay because it is so hard to find. It appears in patches all over the area but it can be up to three feet down in the ground. It's very dense and it has a rough texture. It has to be sifted many times until it even comes close to the right consistency. Many potters don't have that kind of time. So they mainly use red and brown. I, however, do occasionally use black clay. But for right now we can just get brown." He bent down and started cutting a rectangular slab of clay out of the ground.

Naomi tried as best as she could but it was back breaking work. The clay was very heavy and hard to lift into the wheelbarrow. But it was even harder to cut. Every now and then Huron would glance over and smile at her struggles.

"It's hard at first. You'll get the hang of it." By the time the wheelbarrow was full, Naomi's hands were covered with blisters. Huron pulled an extra piece of cloth from his apron and gently wrapped it around her hands. Then they hurried home. Naomi couldn't wait to show Lilyann and Nyla her pot.
Last edited by Siam on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yours truly, Siam

185 Reviews

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:43 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Sorry, i've been away for a few days.

Riku just stood there with his hand over his wound. He heads into town a finds a small clinic. Inside there is a older man, maybe in his fifties at the counter.
"Well that looks like a nasty cut, come sit and I'll clean it up."
Riku takes a seat while the man brought over a bucket of hot water and a cloth.
"Here we go." The man startes to clean his wound. Hafter a bit he walks behind the counter and pulls out some thread and a needle.
"It mau not look deep, but it is enough to need stiches."
The man begins to stich his arm. Riku flinches.
"Don't worry, this wont tke long. By the way, what's your name?"
"I think it's common certicy to give yours first."
"Yes, of course. I'm Darial, and you are?"
"Riku."
Well Riku we'll have you fixed up in a jify."
A few minutes later it was all done.
"That will be nine please."
"Nine, well, you did do a nice job."
He digs in his pokets and finds nine dules. He hands him the money and leaves.
"Now to find the girls." He sighs. "This could take a while."
He stroles through town, but can't find any sign of them. He heads back to the fields in the out skirts to find Naomi cuting clay.
"I went through all that trouble and she's right here. Well, I'll wait here and follow her to where she's staying. If I go to her now i may get into more trouble and I've had enough for today.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:08 am
blackwings_angel says...

(dude, first you said the wound wa son your head and then on your arm, make up your mind)
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

185 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:43 pm
piepiemann22 says...

no, the wound was on his arm, read my battle post again.

Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy