Young Writers Society

The Crossing

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:47 pm
Kinsley says...

Rules:
-Describe your charachter
-No going out of chrachter ie: Don't say that a chrachter who is afraid of knives carries one as a weapon.
-No writing for another persons chrachter unless they have been inactive for over two weeks or they leave.

My chrachter:

Name- Elysia
Gender- Female
Race- Human
Hair- Blond curls
Eyes- Blue
Personality- Distrustful of strangers, timid but strong willled, protective
Age- 16

As Elysia walked through the forest her thoughts drifted to happier times. Everything had been so perfect. Mother sewed and mended her clothes while Father chopped wood for the villiage. They didn't have much, she and her sister, but what they did made them happy. Well, they were until the Easterlings came. They claimed they were on a mission for the king. They stoped at the village for rest from their weary expedition. Everything seemed fine at first. They ate and drank and acted like normal travelers. Perhaps they were. But after they left, Elysia thought nastily, everything changed. Villagers started complaining of stomach pains and weakness. Their normally bright and cheery faces had turned ashen. Their hair was oily and their clothes unkept. Then came the spots. The arms and legs of people all over the villiage broke out in red, blistering spots. Though no one suggested that the cause might have been the Easterlings, Elysia was sure it was them. Even the villiage doctor had no cure. That was the whole reason she was in this horrible forest. Elysia glanced back at her sister and sighed wistfully. After Father was infected Mother sent them off to the nearest villiage for aid. They had been wandering the forest for at least a day now but she was unsure. Though Elysia was sure they were lost she and her sister, Miya, kept trudging along. She was just about to comment on Miya's seemingly slow pace when she heard a rustle in the bushes. Albeit faint it was still distinct. Elysia soundlessly steped backwards toward her sister. She grabbed her hand hastily and put a protective arm around her shoulders. Big, curious eyes looked up at her in question but her sister thankfully remained quiet. Elysia ushered her behind a large tree and waited for something that was surely going to harm her and her sister to jump out at them.
Last edited by Kinsley on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:42 pm
misspriss says...

My Character:

Name
--Ruben Cooper

Race
--Human

Hair
--Dark Brown

Eyes-
--Peircing, Icy Blue

Weaknesses
--Gets intense headaches at random times
--Becomes somewhat violent when stressed
--Tries to stay out of relationships

Strengths
--Is in very good condition
--Very handsome (can use that to his advantage)
--Great with the sword and dagger
--Can be caring to those he knows, but can be cruel to those he isn't familiar with (though this is not really a strength).

Notes
--Was one of the Easterlings that went to her village.

(I'll post tomorrow! Sorry I haven't posted yet!)

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:27 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Name
--Baer

Race
--human

Hair
--Shaggy black curls
Eyes-
--Emerald green

Weaknesses
-- is quite greedy
--usually doesn't get a full meal and is almost always hungry.

Strengths
--theivery
--has a tinge of nobelty in his blood
--quite caring
--good with a bow.

Notes
--Is a wanted man, and is known for theivery and his witty behaviors.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:35 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Baer smiled up in his tree. The girls were smart, hid from strangers. He had been watching them for a few days, hoping they had food. "maybe," Baer thought "If I lead them to Mangaylia, they'll give me food. Or at least some new arrow tips so that I can get the food myself." He jumped out of the tree, landing with a thump behind them. "I am Baer, Theif and bandit of the forest. I will lead you out of these woods for a price Food." The two stared both terrified and visciously at him. Baer sighed. "Here." He pushed a dagger into her one of the girls hands, its hilts held presicious rubies and saphires. It's a faith payment. You can keep it until we reach teh forests egde. If I deceive you its yours. And I do want that back. That knife belongs to King Alex the III. I had to scale a whole tower to steal that of his nightstand." He walked a few feet and turned around. The pair still stood in place. he stroked his face, rubbing his small goatee. He wans't sure if the pair were afraid of him or what. "You coming?" He asked turning completely around, ready to retrieve his knife if neccesarry.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

22 Reviews

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:56 pm
Kinsley says...

Elysia eyed the man suspiciously. She didn't know if she should trust him or not. Knife or no knife he could still lead them astray. Going against her instincts she placed the knife inside the pocket of her tattered tunic and she felt uneasy about the unfamiliar weight in her pocket. Never taking her eyes off Baer, she held her younger sister close and took a few shaky steps toward him. Baer turned back around and continued to lead the way.

"We don't have anything to repay you for your kindness, Sir," she said after a while. No matter, Baer thought, surely they had food with them. He had no need for money right now. There were no stores. You couldn't eat money. But a bit of bread, or perhaps some salami...
He stoped his train of thought. they were expecting an answer.

(blackwings, I tried and I really hope this stayed in charachter.)
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

38 Reviews

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:12 pm
blackwings_angel says...

(good job, sounds like Baer. :wink: )

Salami.... Baer thought. The girls were still waiting for a response. "Ah, M'ladies, your gratefullness is a payment all of its own," Baer said his stomach growling and disagreeing with him. He smiled, "Your presence is also worth my thankfullness. These are some very lonely woods. After we stole some meat from the easterlings and my brothers in crime have died," his voice sounded distant, thoughts wandering elsewhere.
"Easterling?!" Elsyia exclaimed.
"Yes ma'am that's what I said. I'm sorry if I stuttered or something. So where are you to heading?"

22 Reviews

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:20 pm
Kinsley says...

"We just need out of the forest, Sir," Elysia said simply. She hoped she wasn't giving him too much information. After all, he still could come after them. "What is it that mentioned about the Easterlings?" she said, her jaw sliding to the right. As much as she loved people, the Easterlings were a different story.
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

Random avatar

Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:35 pm
misspriss says...

Ruben clenched his jaw, things were getting significantly more difficult. It would have been a simple task had that Baer fellow just accepted the bribe money and continued on his way in the opposite direction.

But no, what a fool he had been, offering a "noble" thief a bribe to stay out of the way. It was such a stupid move. In doing so he had partially revealed his mission. It wasn't too late, though.

He would just have to kill Baer. With him out of the way it would once again be the simple errand he had been sent on. Ruben would have to tell his commander there were complications, that it would take a little longer than planned.

Wondering why he had to be the one sent on such an unimportant errand, he suddenly put his head in his hands and moaned softly. God, those headaches were killers.

It felt like a giant hammer was pounding into his brain and thoughts, and he knew he couldn't continue quite yet. Slipping quietly down to the lake, he knelt at the shore and cupping his hands, brought the cool water to his face.

His headache slowly ebbed away, which was unusual, because they usually lasted much longer. He dried his face and hands on the rich fabric of his shirt. He needed to get going.
Last edited by misspriss on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

38 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:24 am
blackwings_angel says...

Baer stuttered, he could hear the uneasiness in Elsyia's voice. "O-One once tried to bribe me. He was going to hurt a few innocent people and I couldn't let him. I said no, picked his pockets, got more than he attempted to bribe me with, and while he slept, I snuck into his camp and dulled his sword, just in case." Baer eyed the girls. They had to have a reason to be away from home, he doubted the motehr would send the young one off on a trip through the woods if it wasn't important. "So," Baer said trying to make conversation, "What are you doing in my woods?"

22 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:26 pm
Kinsley says...

Okay, I kind of get it now.

Elysia's eyes went cold as she explained her story. "A band of Easterlings came to our villiage a while back. They spread diesease and sickness throughout our viiliage." She looked down at the ground. "My best friend, Kiyana, hasn't been the first fatality," she continued solemnly, her eyes watering slightly. "My mother sent Miya and I off to the villiage beyond the mountain pass for help."

Miya looked up at Baer with big, blue eyes. "But we don't know how to get there," her little voice said.
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

Random avatar

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:19 pm
misspriss says...

(OOC: black_wings, do you want to be the one holding the dagger? If not, I'll modify my post.)

Ruben's peircing blue eyes caught every detail of the pathetic makeshift camp and the people who were in it.

He cursed quietly. Damn thief. He should have stayed out of the way, but he didn't, and now he would have to die.

He reached for his jewel-studded dagger, but it wasn't in its sheath. He cursed again. Must've dropped it somewhere. No matter, he thought, I still have my sword.

Suddenly the camp caught his attention again. The man was gone. A twig snapped behind him and he whipped around.

The silver blade of his own dagger was pressed against his throat.

38 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:17 am
blackwings_angel says...

(It seems out of place but I guess I'll be the knife bearer. Just let me catch up.)

The sun sunk below the canopy, the forest getting dark. "We will rest here for the night, He pointed at a clearing in the woods. He left to gather firewood, his true purpose elsewhere. His pants felt heavy with the esterling blade in his pocket. Too much blood had been split at their cost. A nearby easterling camp was only a few fet away from theirs, a thick line of trees and shubbery blocking his path. We went back to the camp not to raise suspsion. He got the fire started and set a few traps. "By late tonight we will have a rabbit or two so stay in the camp area." His finger pointing out a perimeter. He assembled his traps and left. Setting teh traps down along his way he made his way to the camp, where he saw one of the easterlings. The one he was looking for. The briber. He stepped heavily upon a twig, exposing his postition, he quickly drew the knife and pressed it to the easterlings neck.
"Hullo Rubin. Do you have any food? If not I'll kill you now." The easterling nodding, baer intruppting him before hie could utter a word. "I need to know, why and how you kill so many innocent people? It disgusts me. You and your friends kill for pleasure, and usually your killing the people who show you hospitality! I hope that your blood will anvenge at least a few of the hundreds of lives ended in your hands." "Its almost as rthough you are burning down a library, ending so many stories. I hate to see good books burn, Rubin. You know how much I like books. The worst thing is I think your using my best friend, fire, to kill these people. THe fire burning from the inside out. What posion are you using? no matter what kind, I will find the antidote Rubin. Your mass muderering streak will come to an end, the world will be vaccinated and you won't have a soul to kill besides yourself. That is, if I don't kill you now." he poked him harder witr the knife. "Better start talking."

Random avatar

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:32 pm
misspriss says...

((OOC: Umm...black_wings, there is no eastarlings camp nearby, Ruben (not Rubin) was sent to kidnap the two girls for a reason (can't tell you yet, it's a secret!) and he's alone. However, then this guy shows up and starts to walk with them, giving them protection, so of course Ruben tried to bribe Baer to leave, so Ruben could kidnap the girls easily. Of course Baer said no...and blah blah blah, you know the rest. Oh, and is this in character with Baer?))

Ruben choked as the blade dug into his throat. He had to think, and quickly.

"If you kill me, they'll never let you rest," Ruben managed to say.

"Really? As if I didn't know that. Give me another reason to let you live," He maintained the choking pressure on Ruben's neck.

"I--I have information--that--you--want." Breathing was beginning to be a difficult task.

"Tell me now. I hold your life in my hands."

"I'd let--it go to--the grave with--me." Rubin managed to say. Baer's jaw clenched, and he was silent for a moment, thinking.

38 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:06 pm
blackwings_angel says...

(When I said easterlings camp I meant Ruben's. {sorry for the spelling errors earlier I'll correct them. I thought he would at least set up a fire and somewhere to sleep for the night. Oh and if you don't like the last few of sentences of this entry let me know, I'll change it. it's just a thought.)
(Yes, that sounds very much like Baer.)

"You know Ruben. If that information is something that I wanted so badly, that you would take it to the grave with you. I say we make a deal. You give me information. I make your death painless. You don't, and it will take years for you damn easterlings to find all of you." Baer twisted the knife in the hole he had now made in the back of Ruben's neck. "Your choice." Baer looked down upon his camp, he would have to speed up the process, the girls were getting anxious."So tell me Ruben, what is this information your holding away from me? We never kept secrets from each other when we were kids. Anyways, Dad would dissaprove of all this dishonesty between brothers. Why don't you just tell me, if this information is as good as you claim, I might even let you slip through my fingers."

Random avatar

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:55 am
misspriss says...

((OOC: black_wings, do you like this? I liked it, but what do you think?))

Ruben tried to twist in his grip, but Baer held firm. Suddenly Ruben had an idea. Dropping to the forest floor, he rolled to the left and got to his feet, ready to attack or run.

The thief grinned evilly. "You can't win." But Ruben thought he'd take his chances, and sprang on him, knocking him to the floor.

They rolled around for a while, until both were exhausted. "I'm going to kill you." Grunted Baer. "Not unless I get you first," Ruben replied, panting for breath.

Both got their feet, warily watching the other. Ruben lept forward swinging, but Baer's arm shot out and slammed into Ruben's head.

Ruben choked for a moment, he tasted blood, Baer punched him in the stomach, and he collapsed on the floor.

Over and over again, Baer kicked him, pain searing through his body.

"Talk, or I swear I'll kill you." Baer grunted breathlessly. Ruben couldn't talk even if he wanted to, the world blurred, and finally a blanket of blackness surrounded him. He blacked out.

When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson