z

Young Writers Society

The Stone Bearers (RPG version)

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:27 pm
misspriss says...

((Wow, this is a really long post.))

Realizing she was shivering, Luna wrapped her arms around herself, enjoying the feel of the exquisite lace on her sleeves against her ivory skin.

With a fleeting glance over her shoulder, she took in the scenic view one more time before making her way back up the steps.

As she walked through the massive and empty rooms of the mansion in which she lived, she took her time, and studied the large marble ceilings of each mammoth room.

It really was a shame they weren't put to use, she though wistfully. So much emptiness gave her an eerie feeling, and as it was dusk already, the golden rays of light shown through the glass windows, illuminating the swirling pattern of the marble floors, and the layer of dust on them.

It was a beautiful, really, and she wished she could wander about the giant mansion, uncovering the white sheets that hide gold gilded beds and furniture. But she hurried along, and finally came to the used wing of the house.

Setting down on her silk canopy bed, she slid off her shoes and stepped out of her dark blue dress.

Olivia, her dedicated servant, entered the room, carrying a large brass pot steaming water, and poured it into the large porcelain bath.

"Miss Luna, your bath be ready," and Olivia exited as quietly as she had entered.

Slipping out of her underthings, Luna daintily stuck a hand in the water, testing the temperature. It was perfect. Olivia again mysteriously entered at exactly the right time, pinning up Luna's silvery hair.

"Eh jus' won' bah containe'," Muttered Olivia, with a hair pin stuck in her mouth, busily trying to contain her mistress's long wavy hair.

"Thank you for trying, Olivia,"

Olivia smiled, they had known each other far too long for her to curtsy.

"But you're hair is one of your best features, no matter how wildly it wan's its freedom." With a final pat to the hair, Olivia left Luna to her bath.

Stepping daintily into the steamy water, Luna stood on the surface for a moment, before settled in and relaxing. The water soothed her, and she played with it a little, creating tiny balls of swirling water in the air, before dropping them back into the bath with a tiny splash.

Finshing up her bath, she took the cotton towel Olivia had placed on a chair, and wrapped it around herself. She rubbed herself dry, and Olivia helped her into a beautiful clean dress.

The dress was of pale blue silk that shimmered around her slender form, with delicate chiffon lace sleeves.

Running her hands over her hair, she collected a small ball of water which, with a flick of her hand, lowered back into the tub.

Stepping back to view her handy work, Olivia sighed.

"You look lovely," She said.

"The dress is beautiful, it is new, isn't it?" Asked Luna, studying the gown.

"Yes, it is," Admitted Olivia, "I went down to the village and bought it yesterday. With your permission," She added.

"Ah, I see. Thank you." Said Luna, running her fingers down the smooth silk. Olivia nodded gratefully, and went to prepare Luna's dinner, leaving Luna to her thoughts.

She will be done soon, and show me into the dining room, were I will sit alone and silently eat my dinner, thought Luna. What is the use of it all? She wondered.

To protect the gem. She couldn't tell a soul about it, or even go out and wander the streets. She must stay, and protect the gem. All of her life, she must be lonely. To protect the gem. Always the gem.

Random avatar

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:32 pm
misspriss says...

Wow, very large picture of Rebekah. Anyway, you don't have to try to speed things up, things like these take time, more people will eventually join. But it's your storybook, so do what you want. And your other girls picture doesn't work. Phooey.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:48 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Lucky, I couldn't get the picture of ReBekah to work.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

Random avatar

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:54 pm
misspriss says...

Hmm...did you get the other girls to work? I couldn't.

38 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:56 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Icouldn't even get to the site, or at least not through the hyperlink :?
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

Random avatar

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:00 pm
misspriss says...

Me neither. Darn. Anyway, I just wrote the most ginormous post ever. Phew!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:43 pm
Araidne says...

Emma woke up to the smell of smoke. Looking around she realized that the fireplace that she had banked last night had spontaineously lit itself again. " Great, I did it again", she muttered. " Ever since I found that ruby, things have been acting weird". No, she thought, just things with fire. She got out of her alcove bad and walked over to her vanity. As she was brushing her flame red hair, she thought she saw smoke coming off the ends, but when she blinked it was gone. "Emma,' she heard her mother say, "Breakfast is ready." As Emma walked to the kitchen, she thought to herself, Don't let anything weird happen please!

The kitchen was more of a small closet with an oven and stove inside. Most of Emma's meals were taking in the dining room alone. But when Emma got to the kitchen, she could tell something was different. "Em," said her mom," You remember my friend Rose? Well I got a call from her last night, so i need to met with her today. I should be back around noon." Emma watched as her mother's car drove away. " Dad, I wish you were here." she said to the empty space around her.
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

Random avatar

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:47 pm
misspriss says...

(Wow. A car? I thought this was before they invented cars. Oh well. Now I know.)

38 Reviews

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:26 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Cole looked upon Garvin with a smirk of victory. He finally built a good fire, and with that he sent him off. It was dusk when he finally told one of the boys to tell the bell tower man to ring the bells, a festival was to start. He ran of in a hurry, towards the catherdrial, Giron's "castle". Cole got into costume, removing his shirt, painting his skin with shades of red. Then the bell rang "Ding...Dong...Ding...Ding" Doors flew upon, and men and young men came into the middle. Finally after about an hour of socializing in the square. People in the crowd waged on if Giron was goign to join them tonight, or watch from afar. May eyes watched the shadow that wandered his home. The figure then went out of site, into the only hallway with out a stained red window. Then the drum sounded. He was going to join them. Men handed a few gold coins to their companions, who walked happily away. Another drum sounded, as the catherdral doors burst open.

Random avatar

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:55 pm
misspriss says...

Leaning out the balcony window, Luna watched the festivities longingly. How she wished she could be rid of that dreadful stone, and out dancing and socializing.

But she couldn't, and she knew it, so she resigned herself to watch from afar.

"Olivia," She called, and Olivia ran to meet her needs.

"Do you have a spyglass or pair of binoculars?" Olivia immediately withdrew a spyglass from her pocket, and handed it to Luna.

"Thank you." And putting her eye to the spyglass, could see much farther and clearer than before. The crowd was gathering, indeed, something was about to start.

Luna's pulse increased slightly as she watched with excitement. This was her entertainment. The show was about to begin, though who or what was performing, she did not know. Yet.

(blackwings, I changed the ending because I was confused when I wrote it, but I understand now that they were going OUTSIDE.)
Last edited by misspriss on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

38 Reviews

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:18 am
blackwings_angel says...

The drums beat in pace with Giron's footsteps. They made him seem as if a God. He walked out towards the middle of the town center, teh men parting for him, as if he was Moses. He walked right up to Cole, meeting him eye to eye. "Let it start." Giron said, his throne bearers carrying his throne into the city. He sat down upon it and nodded to Cole. He took a swig of the rum, and dumped the rest onto the fire. He struck a match upon his pants leg, and lit one of his torches. Holding it above his head, bruning cleanly, he spat the liquids out at it, it leaping high into a roaring beast. He spun in a circle, just for show, and threw it in the fire. The fire immediatly shot up in flames, curling at the edges. Then out of his bag, he quickly drew a leather pouch and a bottle of water. He looked momentarily at Giron who stared with anticipation. Last time he did a manuever lik ethis he almost lit himself on fire. He calmed himself. He was doing it for Giron. He ran a few feet back, jumping and clicking his heels. When he landed he broke out in a full sprint directly at the fire. With an inch or two to spare. He leapt towards the flames, pouring the bottle over his body. He passed into the flames, the fireprrof paint doing its job, the water keeping him from overheating. The hair upon his arms and legs were becoming singed when he threw the pouch over his shoulder into the fire. The leather pouch smoldered momentarily.
Three He spun in a circle, flaling his arms wildly,
two He moved his arms back and forth towards the fire,
one He picked up his fire staff, which he left on the othe rside of the fire earlier. He heaved it over his shoulder, its immense weight, making its downward swing easy. His staff hit the ground,exactlywhen the pouch burned free. The powder ignited, the fire turning bright blue, a puff of green smoke emerging from it. He quickly pulled a long slender pipe out of his bag, and blowed at the smoke. He blew on the green smoke, which wafted over towards Giron. "My pretty little dragon." Cole whsipered under his breath. He pulled one of his bombs out of his pocket and stuck it in the pipe. He shot it at the far end of the fire, growing intensely. The flames licked at the green smoke, flames crawling along its outline. The sparks danced its way along the smoke, stopping before Giron's face. Cole smiled at his audiences reaction. They always loved his little dragon. Out of his seemingly never ending bag he pulled out his final trick, his "fire water." Over the years, he had found out teh exact amount of Alcohal to mix with wate rto make the flame go out, then shot back up with flames. He did a somersault towards the fire, leaping as he reached its edge. The paint was diminshing, he could feel the burns upon his legs growing. As he left the fire, he poured out his jug of "fire water", and landed softly on teh ground, black smoke filling the air from the dying fire. Cole gave Grion a wonderful bow, and the turning towards his fire, He threw his arms up in the air, a milisecond too soon. Shortly after his hands reached the top oftheir motion the flames shot up, sending the crowd in cheers.
As the crowd continued partying, Giron walked up to Cole, who was smiling, accepting the compliments from his peers. Giron tappped his shoulder, Cole turning around, with a rag in hand, wiping the paint off his body.
"Next time, don't mess up on your finale. I don't want to be dissapointed again." Cole bowed his head,
"I am sorry Giron, it will not happen again."
"It better not." [/i]

Random avatar

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:25 am
misspriss says...

Smiling now, Luna handed Olivia the eyeglass back, where it was returned to its place in her apron pocket. The crowd broke up, but continued its festivities.

How exciting. Luna wished she could have been one of the spectators up close. The man! Well, he certainly was brave.

She wondered how he did it. Was it magic? Just as she had the magic ability to walk on water and channel it? Or was it some fantastic hoax?

She knew the question would never be answered, and yet she had to ask herself it, and pondering that for a moment, could come up with no conclusion, which of course, she suspected would happen.

"I am tired now, Olivia, please lay out my night garments." And withdrawing into her bedroom, she shut the solid oak doors and locked them, putting the key into her dress.

She couldn't help but wonder how he had performed such a feat...marvelous, really.

38 Reviews

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:47 am
blackwings_angel says...

As the men scattered out throughout the town, most heading into the local pub, others getting in their cars to se if they could find any women wandering the streets alone. They were pigs, really. Pigs dressed in shadows. The neighboring towns told their children stories about them, striking fear into their hearts. Because of the black coats and hoods draping over their faces, they were nicknamed Hell's Ravens. They also told their kids that the devil had a son, and sent him here to earth, His name was Giron. THe "ravens" scattered everywhere, they all knew that festivals were only held the night before Giron sent them out to do more of his dirty work. SOmetimes even half of them wouldn't come back. Tonight was theres to live it up, and possibly, their last. Unlike the others, Cole wandered back to his home, looking for some solitude. He opened his creaky door, the smell of smoke filling his lungs. The smell of home. Ever since that fire, where he lost everything, but yet gaining everything he had, the fire had been his home. It inhabitited him, his home, and even his heart. He secretly had a burning passion most of Giron's ravens didn't Wandering through his dark home, to the coffee table, he picked up his cigar box, and oulled a nice fat one out. He stuck it in his mouth, lit it, and from the light his cigar gave off, he moved steahilty through his house to his bed. Looking sure no one was peering through his woindows, he pulled out a large box labled "fire supplies". The label was all just a hoax. These were his prized possesions. All he had left of his family, and his far off past life. He opened the box out, and grabbed one of hs hundreds of books. He took the book over to his armchair in front of the fire place, and with the rest of his rum, and using the butt of his cigar. He spat a huge flame in his fireplace, covering hi shome with dansing shadows. To the flickering light, and with his cigar, like after all of the festivals Parthos fell, Cole started to read, deep into the night.

Random avatar

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:21 pm
misspriss says...

*Luna*

A breeze playing with her unbound hair woke Luna, and she sat up, brushing a stray hair from her face.

The source of the breeze was an open window, and she went to it to look out into the morning sunshine. She heard a familiar chirping, and a dove came into view, with a message attached to its leg.

Luna searched her desk until she found a bit of birdseed, which she gave to the dove, after carefully retrieving the message. She broke the red wax seal and poured over the contents, curious.

My Greetings Luna,

I have new instructions for you. Gather enough supplies from the village for you to travel on for several days. Dress inconspicuously, so not to draw attention.

Wait at the tower bell at midnight for your next instructions. Keep a weapon on your person and have your servant carry a dagger, just in case, though I doubt any enemies have obtained this information, as it has been kept as confidential as possible.

Try not to leave an impression as you gather provisions from the village, I don't want anyone to remember you if questioned. Take all precautions, and of course, bring the stone.

Luna, one more thing. Do not question this order, though you may recoil at the thought. Dress as a man. It is for your safety.

The Helper

As she finished reading, an expression of excitement crept onto her face. She was leaving! Finally, but dressed as a man?

"Olivia!" She called, and Olivia quickly appeared.

"Yes?"

"I am leaving," Luna said. Olivia bowed her head.

"I knew you would, one day."

"Olivia, I need you to go to the village and buy a mans attire. Do this as quickly as possible."

"Alrigh', it won't take me but a haf' a hour." Olivia said, with a puzzled look on her face, and she left hurriedly. Luna watched her take the path to the village through the open window. A man! She shook her head. How strange.

She walked to the mirror and wondered how she would disguise her hair. First, a man usually didn't have long hair, second, her hair was a silver color, which was definitely uncommon. She took out a few hair pins and managed to pin her rebellious hair up. She would hide it under a hat.

After doing that, she gathered a small bundle of a few things she would need. She also took a dagger. Then she waited anxiously for Olivia to return. Finally, she did, and handed Luna a large parcel wrapped in paper.

"There you are. I'm afraid you're going to have to put them on yourself, I don't know how." Luna nodded, and undoing the parcel, looked aghast at the male clothing, before going behind a screen, where she changed.

After a good long while Luna emerged, wearing a large green shirt and a pair of brown pants, and a brown hat. Olivia's face revealed dismay.

"Yea' you look like a man alrigh', or at least as close as you'll ever get." Luna smiled wistfully.

"I'm just glad tha' shirt is big enough to conceal you're figure." Olivia added.

"Goodbye Olivia, I will miss you." The two hugged briefly, before Luna turned to leave.

"You have the opal?" Asked Olivia, acting like a flustered mother.

"Yes, I keep it with at all times." With one more farewell, Luna walked towards the village, enjoying the reassuring feel of the cool stone pressed against her skin. She hoped she would pass for a man, or at least a boy.

38 Reviews

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:24 am
blackwings_angel says...

Cole walked through town his eyes only for his list. More of errands actually. Cole had all he needed at home but Giron gave the order, he obeyed. THe list was long, and he only got two of the things checked off. he still had to get a new cloak, one that wasn't black, a horse or motorcycle, whichever he prefered. He had to get a sniper rifle from the hunting shop in town, and light porivsions for a month. His time in town would defiantly be fun.

We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun