z

Young Writers Society

Journey Into the North Discussion Thread (Old 4T thread)

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:31 pm
Bobo says...

So I'm leaving in 11 days.

Urakii is gone. Without a trace.

Have fun with JIN; I won't be in it. But look forward to Urakii in some distant sequel.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:43 am
misspriss says...

Ohhhh! I'm sad.

Hey guys, I redid my post, though perhaps it is not as spectacular, but I put in the placeholder!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:11 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Hunter and I were talking about the sorts of defenses that the catacombs would have. We came up with some ingenious ideas. Here's a list of what they'd be, in order.

1. Animated skeleton thingy. It's not that big of a threat, it's meant to scare off people. They could walk right past it.

2. Tomb door. This is to protect the rich dead people, relatively easy to move out of the way.

3. Hall of blades. Sharp blades on pendulums just swinging back and forth at irregular intervals. Not very easy.

4. Rotating Bridge. The bridge rotates at a slow speed, but the wooden planks are pretty rotten.

5. False tomb/Treasure room.

The idea is this: the actual tomb was actually very near the beginning, but it was magically hidden. So, the group actually goes past the tomb, instead of going towards it. The Treasure room at the end is the safeguard against tomb raiders: they'll figure they've hit the jackpot and they'll stop looking for the tomb.

To actually access the tomb, you would take the Wizards Sword (in Henry's possession) and place it in an empty scabbard around a statue.

Of course, the sword was given to a friend of the First Wizard, so it would almost guarantee that the tomb would never be accessed ever.

No one knows about the tomb, when the First Wizard died, he just went down into the catacombs and never came back. Becky's mom would know about the treasure room, not the tomb. She would just assume that it was there, buried under a mountain of gold or something.

As to how the group finds it, I'm not sure.

Perhaps Henry's scabbard is damaged in battle, so he decides to take the one the statue has. He puts the sword in his scabbard and thinks nothing more of it. On the way back, the group finds the door and they walk into the tomb, into the ambush.

I'm going to have Alden take the lead soon, unless someone else posts first.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:05 pm
Ego says...

Hold that thought on entering the tombs, Grif--there's a little more I hoped to get across before we entered--maybe one of the priests has a journal, and he's detailed their mission in it?
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:38 am
misspriss says...

Well, I defintily like what you have Grif and Hunter.

I was thinking Carmenia could, like, almost fall of the rotten rotating bridge or something. That would be fun!

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:13 am
sabradan says...

I feel that Valin, experienced at the life of a rouge, (thus, good at searching dead bodies for important things) shoudl find few key things when searching the bodies of the evles he has killed, both for himself, and th group.

So far all I've got idea-wise is herbs or some other thing/concoction used in making poisons.

Any suggestions?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:22 am
Firestarter says...

At the same time though, Henry would be very likely to find something important.

Maybe we could find some notes on the tombs or something on one of the priests? It's likely they would have been "brainstorming" how to get past the defences and such, and it could be helpful to the group ...

ie. "We tried to open the doors but they seem to require some sort of unusual key."
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:02 pm
Ego says...

That's what I was hoping to get out of having the part search the priests....Valin or Henry finding something. If anyone, they'd be likely to.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:43 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I posted. I kind of decided unilaterally, so if this doesn't work, then the members can suggest that they be put in front.

I figured that Henry might be able to use his agility and quick thinking to figure out how to avoid traps, while Valin could use his night vision to help see ahead.

Alden's right behind them, so that if they fall off a cliff, he can jump down and rescue them. Wings are good for that sort of thing (not that I expect it to happen.)

I only mentioned the hall of blades, I figure it would be more fun if the group had to figure out the rest of the way on their own.

Also, I think Henry should find the stuff, since I had Valin do all the leadership sort of thing. Again, if what I wrote doesn't sound like your character, just write over my lines.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:23 pm
Firestarter says...

Sounds good. Except .. what were you hoping to happen after the end of your post? What has Henry seen on a corpse?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:12 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I'm not exactly sure. Maybe some medical supplies, rope, or perhaps a lantern?

I believe the group is missing all of these "essential" things.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:41 pm
Firestarter says...

Sorry for the rubbish post, but I thought I better post something.

Remember the Indiana Jones joke we had in the chatroom?

I'm setting it up, haha. We just need the snakes, the elaborate swordsmen, and someone to call me by Indiana as a joke XD

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:34 pm
Jennafina says...

You said Fand instead of Finn! ^_^ I like it though.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:37 pm
Firestarter says...

Fixed, lol.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:08 am
Griffinkeeper says...

misspriss, DQ, Siegfried, can we get you to post some?

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie