590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Only the Good Die Young

Welcome to the afterlife.

Or, at least, you think it's the afterlife. It doesn't exactly match what you've heard about all of your life. The afterlife is apparently a strange, barren forest with no clear civilization for miles. The only break in the forest scene is a river running through it. But you're pretty sure this has to be the afterlife - you can clearly remember dying.

Despite being dead, you feel strangely alive. Something tells you that this is a strange, convoluted second chance at life.

And that part of you is right! This is your second chance. You're in luck, too. You've entered a special place for the dead; survive and beat the big baddie, and you'll get brought right back to when you died in the real world.

There's just one little catch. If you die here, you go to a place where you can't return from.

Oh, and before you go - there's another thing you should know. Whatever injuries you accumulated in your life are going to manifest on your afterlife body. Getting ready for bruises, cuts, fractures, broken bones, and all of the wonderful things that make you wish that you had stayed dead.

Good luck!

Please read the rules down below if you want to join the roleplay! They should clear up any questions you might have and also let you know what to expect.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Rules

1. Please include a description of your character in your first post - you can throw it into a spoiler using the code down below and put it at the top of your post.

Code: Select all
[spoiler]Put your description here![/spoiler]

2. Feel free to pick characters from whatever you want. They can be from another roleplay, a storybook, a novel or even a fanfiction of yours. The world, time and plot they're from ultimately just impacts how they interact with this roleplay (like their world's views on death) so it's really up to you.

3. You can have as many characters as you want, but there'll come a point where you can no longer add new ones because it would alter the plot too much. I'll make sure to say something when that happens, so don't worry about it for now.

4. Please don't write for anyone else's characters. It's hard to predict what someone else might have their characters do, and it takes away some of the fun for the other writers.

5. You're free to have your character guess what the plot is, but don't make any plot-altering decisions with talking about with me first. You can PM me or chat in the spoilers of our posts if you have an idea - I love scheming! :) I just want to make sure your schemes can be incorporated into what I'm already scheming.

6. Don't post multiple times in a row, and make sure everyone has a chance to get a response in. There's going to be times where it makes more sense to post back-and-forth between two people, but try avoiding it unless you absolutely have to - it prevents the other writers from getting too behind and feeling like they aren't involved with the story.

7. Have fun!
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:35 am
View Likes
EverLight says...

Spoiler! :
Eos Zorina Altan
Eos .Z. Altan is a Warrior who hails from a planet called Zordaan. His head looks something like a Grey's and his eyes are large, oval...and red.
He has a heavy, muscular build, with broad shoulders. Millions of tiny spikes cover his arms.
He wears a helmet with a red crest, black leather armor, and a cape.
His weapons are two swords-one is blue colored and shaped like a crescent moon, the other is dagger shaped and red.
Personality wise, he is very intelligent and intuitive, though he does have a crazy streak (being an alien after all)

Eos glanced about, taking in every detail of his surroundings-the endless array of trees that stretched out for miles, the quiet rushing of water, and the chilling stillness. In a flash he calculated that surviving in this forest would be tough which meant that...wait. A forest? Hadn't he been fighting the tyrant Zorothin in a cave? His heart stopped. Eos remembered dying in that fight. How could he still be alive?
Instinctively he reached for one of his swords...only to drop it when agony raced down his spine.
''Where am I?!'' he yelled ''What is this place?''
Last edited by EverLight on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm winning at life!

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:30 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Spoiler! :
Margaret Kelly is a twenty five year old Olympic swimmer. She's won three gold medals and has begun to train for her third Olympics, which she's planning to be her last. Engaged to the love of her life, the two just bought a house in the mountains outside Denver. While he travelled for his work as a photojournalist over the Fourth of July, she invited her childhood friend Charlotte and her husband David to stay with her. The day before they arrived, Margaret found two people digging through her trash can outside of her house, looking for food. She invited them in. She liked the girl, blonde and a little sacred, but felt uneasy about the guy. Still, she let it go, and enjoyed her time with her friends on the Fourth of July. Until the scared blonde girl came back to haunt her.

The last thing Margaret remembered was Dave pouring them drinks. They'd all changed into their nightclothes, Margaret in a sleeveless white silk nightgown. She'd just put the Carpenters album Close To You on the record player, and for a moment, looking at her two friends, she smiled. John would be home in a few days, and in a few more months, they'd be married. She'd already gotten everything she'd ever wanted in her career, and now, the other piece of her dream, marriage and kids, was coming true. She'd had a moment to sit in that thought when they'd heard a commotion out the window. It was all hazy after that.

She felt the warmth on her skin and hard the sound of rushing water as she came to. She was barefoot and nightgown was could have been mistaken for red if not for a few splotches of white on the shoulders and the ends of her skirt, it was that caked in blood. She stood up and looked around her. She had no idea where she was. She took a deep, panicked breath, and winced from the pain.

The rest of that night came to her in flashes. Alex and her friends, they'd had knives.

"Charlotte? Dave? Hello?" She shouted, hoping someone would hear her.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Vil: A boy with strange, golden eyes. At first glance, he looks like he's around ten years old, but there's something about his face that says otherwise. He has short, messy black hair. The outfit he died in was a simple one: a black hoodie with purple trim, gray cargo pants, black combat boots, and a black t-shirt. The most notable part of the outfit would have to be the necklace of silver charms dangling around his neck - there's a total of fifteen.

Injury wise, he has all of the cuts and bruises you'd expect from a kid. One of them is a nasty gash across his right cheek, while the other is bruise around his left eye. The others are hidden underneath his clothes.

The only other major injury is a cut right through his abdomen. There is blood, but the more unusual part of the wound is how it looks like shadows/particles of darkness are trying to come off of it and the skin around it.

There was a gash in his stomach.

He glanced down at the injury, trying to comprehend the sight. He slowly raised a hand to touch the darkness, but recoiled when he felt the darkness coming off of the injury.

He was dead.

The realization made him feel like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders, even though he was bristling with indignation at how he had died. He had spent five years trying to avoid the organization, but it was a Dusk that had killed him. One of Vexen's little experiments had taken his life. Not one of Xemnas's grunts, or Axel finally snapping, but a Dusk.

His hand fell back to his side.

That meant they were alone now. They could handle themselves, couldn't they? The three had enough knowledge between them to survive whatever trouble they got into, and weren't confined to a body like his.

He raised his head when he heard voices in the distance.

He heard yelling, but he didn't recognize the voice. Good. He didn't feel like bringing his keyblade out now. It had caused him enough grief when he was alive; no need to deal with it when he was dead, too.

He approached the voices.

When he finally arrived, he found two people who were notably older than he appeared to be. Biting back a groan, he emerged from the woods.
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:10 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Eos turned when he heard a faint groan, and saw what looked like a young human male emerge from the woods. Eos'd had some bad experiences with humans, and he didn't trust this one-even if his body was covered in wounds. If this boy was dangerous...
''Who are you?'' he asked, slowly, fixing the boy with a stern stare.
Last edited by EverLight on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm winning at life!

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:20 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Spoiler! :
Oops, I totally missed the part where injuries manifest. I’ll edit my post. Because Margaret definitely would be covered in blood as she was stabbed to death. Consider her white nightgown stained red until I have the chance to edit my post. The worst of her injuries will be underneath her gown.

Also: do the injuries actually hurt in the afterlife? @Jaybird

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Elinor, I'd say they hurt, but the characters would only realize it if they interacted with the injury - like by poking it.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:00 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
Emily: In appearance, she's a thirteen-year-old girl with waist-length light brown hair that's black at the roots, which can't really be seen beneath her wide-brimmed sunhat. Her skin is dark caramel in color and she's got a very distinct look about her, something historic in the way her bones are shaped. Her eyes, though they were once a lovely shade of dark brown, are tinted red along the edges of her iris. When she smiles, it's clear that her teeth are all sharper than should be natural, her canines especially being much longer than they should be.

She wears a light blue sundress over a long-sleeved green-and-purple striped shirt, gloves, and a pair of black leggings and knee-high purple boots. Everywhere they can be added there are frills and lace, including a big crocheted bow and a whole bunch of bright pink ribbon atop her hat, lace of the same color sewn around the collar, sleeves, and hem of her sundress and around the wrists of her gloves, along with a bundle of bows of all kinda and colors sewn in a cluster like a broach on her dress. She carries a purse slung over one shoulder that looks like it was created from an old floral rug, which has also been adorned with bows and ribbons everywhere she could think to put them.

There's a splotch of blood and a hole through her dress directly opposite the broach of bows that looks like some kind of spike was driven through her chest, but otherwise, the only injury not hidden beneath her clothes is a shallow cut along her throat and a few small cuts and bruises on her face. Literally every other inch of skin is covered.

This wasn't what Emily expected from the afterlife. For one, Anubis was nowhere to be seen. Maybe she was supposed to find him? That didn't make sense. None of this was what it was supposed to be.

Or maybe this was her punishment. Infected souls might not even be able to get to the afterlife, after all, so this could be some kind of in-between option. Limbo. Gods, she hoped that wasn't it.

She heard voices, or maybe she had been hearing voices but they only just now registered. Whatever the case, she went to go find the source. When she walked, she did so with a limp. Somewhere, somehow she'd twisted her ankle and now it hurt like the mother of all injuries. Not that it hurt worse than the hole in her chest, but she didn't have to walk on the hole in her chest.

She came up behind a boy she could see his dark, messy hair and the fact he didn't appear much younger than she appeared. Appearances were deceiving, though. She tapped in on the shoulder, "Hi! I'm Emily, you wouldn't happen to know exactly what kind of afterlife this is, would you?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Vil," he said, returning the steely stare with one of his own before turning to face the girl who had touched him.

She looked out of place among the trees. If it wasn't for her injuries and the fact that he was already dead, he might have allowed himself to be more than a little alarmed. But, instead, he pushed down the bulk of his paranoia and looked her over with cold, golden eyes.

"I don't," he said. "Do you?"
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:18 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

When her calls went unanswered, Margaret made her way up the path. The sticks on the ground were uncomfortable against her bare feet. The others watched as she a group of others. All mostly younger.

"Hi," she said. "I suppose you all woke up here too?" She was conscious of how she looked in her nightgown, even if it didn't really hurt all that much.

She'd heard the other girl mention an afterlife. She didn't say anything. Instead, her heart pounded.

-- Walt Disney

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:21 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She shrugged, several curled ribbons bouncing around her shoulders with the motion, "I wish I knew. I mean, I was pretty sure for most of my life that I wouldn't get to have my heart weighed by Anubis or anything of the sort, but I didn't realize that I'd also keep, well, existing after death. It's weird." She wandered as she spoke. She hated being on the ground. Standing at an upright kind of eye level felt strange to her. Thus why, a few moments later, she had walked up the side of a particularly tall tree with sparse branches until much closer to the top, and was now eye-level with the boy, if also sideways."

Spoiler! :
It feels like a good time to mention that Emily can mess with the gravity around her person. It only reaches out a few inches, about a foot max if she's really focusing, so she can't do a whole lot more with it than stand on the walls and ceilings of everywhere she comes across, which is what she does.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:22 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

"Dead?" Margaret asked, annoyed that the others seemed to be ignoring her. "No, I can't be dead."

-- Walt Disney

212 Reviews

Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:35 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

An afterlife? A cold feeling ran over Eos, and the forest seemed to whisper menacingly in his ear. In this was an afterlife then survival would be even tougher then he'd first calculated. Because afterlives usually resulted in one thing.
Death.
I'm winning at life!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He looked over to the woman who had spoken.

Maybe he should have been more understanding of her reaction. Maybe he should have had the same reaction. But he was so tired of existing like this, and the thought of death wasn't nearly as terrifying as it should have been.

"Then who's blood are you wearing?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and pointing at the bloody nightgown she had on.
mage

queer and here.

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took