117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:35 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

~Throw Your Characters In A Room [Reboot]~

brought to you by the Geeks

It is, in fact, a very simple room. There's nothing terribly notable about it. There is no furniture, there are no lights, and it's all a very monotone white color. Due to the lack of lamps or other luminescent fixtures it's difficult to tell where the light is coming from, but it is most certainly there.

At a second glance, there isn't even a door. Which is odd. Because that's how you got here. Maybe you meant to walk into the grocery store or a tavern or even a space ship, but regardless, you ended up here.

And there's no way out.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:19 am
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

Spoiler! :
Image Her name is Kai and she's 16 years old, 5"7.
My second character is Kurieta who's also 16 and 5"7. She has dirty blonde hair cut into a pixie cut that's always messy. She has paleish skin and light blue eyes that often change color. Her typical outfit is high waisted, white and light blue jeans, a salmon pink collared shirt that's tucked into her pants, a pair of banana patterned Toms and a white and light blue striped headband.
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:29 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Description: A young man who seems to be around 18/19 years old, with dark blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a diagonal scar that runs across his face (right to left). He's wearing a gray, military-uniform-style jacket and jeans. He has a very distinct, very thick German accent.

Sieben hit the ground running.

Literally, there was a five-meter-tall black dragon running after him with its viper-like fangs unhinged and its thick, taloned paws making the earth rumble upon every impact. He picked up speed. His heart was pounding in his ears and he could see his breath on the icy wind despite the fact he was in Los Angeles in the middle of summer.

Presumably, that was courtesy of the Hellspawn that was chasing him. He slammed through the door of the nearest office building. "BACKUP!" he yelled in German, then suddenly froze.

This wasn't the base.

This was an empty room.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'm going to be using two characters of mine that haven't been introduced on YWS yet. Their names are Sune and Arin, and they're from the same universe that Maahes is from – they're just from a different galaxy. I'll give some quick descriptions of them down below, and, in Sune's case, add a picture.

Arin: She appears to be in her late teens. She has long light brown hair that's currently in two braids running down her back, and has hazel eyes. Her outfit is all different shades of brown. She's wearing a tunic, leggings, boots and a cloak. Most importantly of all, she has a strap of a cloth case holding some sort of string instrument over one shoulder.

Sune: He's something called a wraith. He's got long white hair, grayish skin and is far taller than Arin. His clothes are all black, and he has strange structures in the skin on the back of his hands. He appears and sounds like he's an adult.

Here's a pic of a wraith:

She was in a room.

The room was, for the most part, empty. It lacked furniture of any kind, and nothing adorned any of its walls – walls that were difficult to make out due to the monotone whiteness that every wall, floor and ceiling of this place seemed to the possess. She could count the occupants of the room on the fingers of her right hand. There was herself. There was the man. And then there was the-

Shoot.

There was a wraith standing right in front of her.

The wraith didn't seem particularly threatening. He was just staring at the wall, his back turned to her as he stood in silent contemplation. Something about him seemed oddly familiar. Maybe it was the way he stood, or maybe it was the look of genuine surprise when he finally turned to see who was behind him-

Oh!

All worry forgotten, she threw her arms around his shoulders. This would normally result in her being spun around before being pulled into a tight embrace, but he just skipped straight to the hug. It was just a bit disappointing, but who was she to complain? Sune was here too, and that was all that mattered.

“I get to do the rescue next time,” she declared.

“You know it doesn't work like that.”

She pouted. “But you've got to do it the last five times!”

“It was four,” he said, placing her back down on the ground and letting go of her, “and I didn't finish rescuing you.”

She looked around the room. He had a point. He had never arrived at her cell, and this wasn't the place that the darts were kept. So if she had never left her cell and Sune had never reached her, where were they?

And how had they ended up here in the first place?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:08 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo's heart stopped when he shut the door behind him, only to feel it disappear. He blinked a few times as he looked around the blank, empty room around him in shock, a part of him wondering if it was just some crazy hallucination or dream. That, or someone had dramatically gutted remodeled his apartment, only to fill it with three randos he didn't know at all.

His eyes jumped from the man with a scar on his face (which, was kind of nice... him not being the only one) to the girl looking up at the .... the...

was that a wraith?

Bo immediately found himself flattened with his back against the wall as he stared at the wraith. Was this going to be another thing like Atlantis? Was Kartiel somewhere around? Did that mean... he'd see any of the others again? Nadira? Boris? Raiden? Aegeas? Codix?

Bo was trying not to panic. He really was. But he was pretty sure he looked just as anxious as he felt.

"Wh---wHUH-WHY IS THIS HAPPENING AGAIN," he said, much louder than he'd anticipated.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune let go of Arin when he heard another man say something from elsewhere in the room - something that strongly suggested he knew what was going on. Arin unsurprisingly pouted when he carefully pulled her arms off of him and placed them at her side, but still followed him when he walked over to the man who had spoken.

"Oh jeez," she muttered, suddenly grabbing onto Sune's arm. "He looks really intimidating. I think he looks more intimidating than you do, and that's an accomplishment."

He looked down at her and raised an eyebrow. "Am I supposed to be insulted or thankful?"

She scrunched her face up into a look of contemplation. "Hmm. I'd say a little bit of both, though mainly the thankful part. Someone's got to look tough and intimidating." Then she happily pulled him over to where the man was, even though he had been the one doing the leading originally.

He rolled his eyes and let a small smile dance across his lips. Even if they were in the middle of who knows where, he had Arin by his side. They'd be alright.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:46 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Sieben stumbled back in surprise as the others appeared in the room, reflexively putting his hand on his gun.

Whatever he would've done is interrupted by a very large man of nearly seven feet barreling in through the wall and slamming right into Bo with a startled yelp. It was a good thing it was one of the larger men he'd run into: his bulk was bearlike and if the scars over his shirtless body anything, he was an experienced fighter. Which was shocking, considering the fact he just rammed into the intimidating, scar-faced one.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:52 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo was not prepared for the wall of human that slamming into him and went rolling and tumbling to the ground with a yelp. The big guy just fell on top of him.

"AaagH," he groaned as he scrambled out from under the guy, pushing him off with a light shove, only to come in contact with bare skin. Why was the guy shirtless? Did he just come from a wrestling match or something? He was covered in scars... and for some reason, in his mind, that made all forgiven for the guy running into him.

"Uh, shoot, man, you okay?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:25 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The hulking figure flopped back onto his buttocks and off of Bo, eyes wide. "OH I'M SO SORRY," he hurriedly apologized. "I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW I GOT HERE THERE WAS A DOOR AND NOW THERE ISN'T!" The man looked surprisingly young at a second glance, more than his size would suggest. He couldn't be older than eighteen or nineteen and had messy, dark brown hair. His pants were ragged, torn, and dirty, and he was completely lacking in a shirt and shoes, leaving said ruined trousers as his only garment. This did, however, show off the tattoo that covered his back and part of his chest: sea lions hunting fish in a forest of kelp.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:06 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin and Sune took a noticeable step back when the guy first appeared out of nowhere, but now Arin was going over to him and taking in his appearance with wide eyes. "Whoa," she said, "he's enormous. And look at all those scars!"

Sune stifled a laugh. "The man we were heading towards is also 'enormous'."

"Yeah, but he doesn't have half those many scars-Oh! Look, Sune, he's got a killer tattoo, too." This last comment made any attempts for Sune to conceal his laughter fail, and now he was laughing quite hard - a sound that he knew would likely sound quite terrifying to anyone who wasn't Arin. He had to admit that even he was a bit terrified by his own laugh right now, but it wasn't like he could suddenly change his guise.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:11 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Ari looked up as the two others spoke. One was weird and kind of pale, and for a fleeting moment he almost wondered if he was human, and then reprimanded himself. That wasn't a very nice thing to think! It wasn't his fault he looked funny any more than it was Ari's fault that he was big.

"Hello!" he greeted, waving his hand happily.

The other man with the scarred face, the smaller one, stepped further back towards the wall, wishing he could melt into it.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:26 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo watched as the wraith and the girl approached, and his heart began to beat faster. The wraith didn’t look like he was... going to hurt anyone. He was talking with the girl he was with like she was a friend. He showed no signs of deception, or that he was going to attack. And that... confused him. Mostly because every time he looked at the guy’s face, he saw the various faces of the wraiths who tried to kill him flash before him in his mind. The look of the one that shot him, and paralyzed him. How he wouldn’t have made it if it wasn’t for Nadira...

Bo stared somewhere past them all as he relived the memory as he sat on the floor, yet to get up.Then his eyes landed on the other person in the room. The guy with a scar on his face, not unlike himself. Despite still feeling very much terrified - even with sweat forming on his brow - he was glad that he wasn’t the only one who looked... uncomfortable. And despite how illogical it was, he felt something of a kindred spirit to the fellow face-scarred man.

No that the fellow who’d run into him didn’t have scars either. But he could only focus on so many things at a time. The wraith said something about how he didn’t have as many scars as the shirtless guy. That was the last thing he caught.

He wasn’t going to challenge his assumption, even though he could. He’d keep his clothes on.

Finally, Bo got up to his feet, with his mind still racing as he took in the fact that he was in the room with three strangers and a wraith. Who was apparently friendly.

“I’m Bo,” he squeaked, voice fluctuating embarassingly with nervousness as he made eye contact with the wraith. He cleared his throat. “Uh, you know cause uh, introductions in weird situations like this are always good to just get out of the way on the front-end ya know?”

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"The name's Arin!" she cheerfully introduced herself, pointing at her chest. "I'm the Wanderer. Well, Sune is too, to an extent. But I'm the one who does the majority of the music playing - assuming you've heard of me!"

Sune kept his gaze on the others, studying them with interest in his dark eyes. "My name is Sune," he said. His focus lingered on Bo. While the others seemed relatively unafraid of him, Bo was. Odd. He wasn't sure if that meant they couldn't trust the others, or if that was for an entirely different reason.

Arin noticed this too, but continued to keep her attention on the other people in the room.

Sune took a step towards Bo. Dropping his voice down to a whisper, he asked, "Could I talk to you away from everyone else?"
mage

queer and here.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:01 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

There was a loud bang as Kurieta kicked down the door, tumbling into the room. She quickly stood back up and brushed herself off with a huge grin on her face. “Hello m-“ she froze mid sentence as she took in the occupants of the room. “Well... This is unexpected.”

Kai slowly behind Kurieta, her guitar/ weapon slung over her shoulder by a light blue strap. “That’s exactly why you shouldn’t kick down doors, Kurieta.” She scolded her sister quietly while fiddling nervously with the strap. Kai hated to be the center of attention, but her sister made that incredibly difficult.

((I'm so sorry for the late reply! School has started back up so I haven't been able to come on as often. >.<))
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:11 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo's heart-rate increased exponentially as Sune approached, and all he could think about was the guy's feeding organs. What if he... needs to feed. Is that a thing? Do they have to feed? Can they not feed? Why is he looking at me like that?

When Sune came near he swallowed nervously. He looked around the room. Two more people appeared.

"I-I mean... it's not a very big room..." he whispered. "You wanna just like... chat in a corner? What is it, uh, why, uh, what-" he cleared his throat again in attempt to stop the nervous stream of filler words. "What for?"

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale