z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones: Ruscuers-Open-Not accepting new people

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:40 pm
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

Launch time! And boy was I hungry! So far school was great. Meeting new people, learning new stuff, failing almost everything (wait, take that one out). I sat down and took out my sandwich. Soon everyone else had sat down. "So," I started, "how has every one's first day of school been so far?"

Kaylee looked up, "fun,"

Of coarse AJ said nothing.

"Pretty good." Carry said.

Ellie shrugged, "OK."

Blaise spoke with his mouth full, "Boring, not enough action."

Blake looked up from her launch and elbowed Michael, "I'm good. Michael punched some guy though."

I looked at Michael and raised my eyebrows, "You did? Cool. Did you get him good?"

"Corbin!" Kaylee scolded.

I ignored her, "What was it for? Did you get sent to the principles office?" Someone cleared their throat, and for the first time I noticed a guy sitting next to Michael. Michael pointed at him. I took the hint. "Um, I mean. Shame on you, Michael! Why would you do such a thing?" Michael laughed.

I turned to Ester, she hadn't said anything yet. "How about you?" I slipped my hand in her hand squeezed her fingers. "Ok," was her only answer. I wandered what was wrong with her, did something happen in a class that I wasn't in? I leaned my head on top of her's and whispered in her ear, "What's wrong?"

She shrugged, "Nothing."

"You've been acting weird. I know you too well."

She tried to smile, "Nothing!" I raised my eyebrows, kind of hurt that she wouldn't tell me.

"You know I love you." I said. She looked at me and opened her mouth, but just then someone noisily sat down next to me and I turned to see Bianca.

"Hi Corbin! Can I sit with you?" Without waiting for an answer, she put her tray on the table. I couldn't believe it! Couldn't she see I was in the middle of an important conversation? But of coarse I wasn't just going to tell her to get out of here.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

25 Reviews

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:06 am
Dragonet says...

Come on people! Post!
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:55 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

~Ellie May~

I hadn't had the best day. Did my family look Gothic or emo? I had seven people ask me today if we were. Yea, I liked to wear black, but did that mean I had to be Goth or emo? And walking around all day in heels doesn't help any. I was used to walking in mud barefoot, and it was a big step to be wearing six-inch heels to school. I knew t wasn't the first time I wore them, but it was definitely the longest amount of time. And I was used to being able to take them off whenever I wanted to. The black shirt with the red skull on it didn't help my case, and then I had chose to wear a black skirt and sleeve gloves, therefore I saw their point.

I stared at my food, not really hungry. Ashton grabbed my hand, smiling. I didn't smile back, I just looked away, sighing.

"What's up?" he asked, frowning. I shook my head. I wasn't feeling good. I felt a little sick, but I would be fine. I'd been through worse for sure. I crossed my arm on the table and rested my head on them, closing my eyes. Much too soon, the bell rang to go to class. I dumped my plate and took Ashton's had again, receiving looks from people as I hid my frowning face behind my colorful hair. I had it recolored since the last time I had it dyed. It was white that faded into streaks of light blue, dark blue, and pink. I was wearing a dark blue eyeshadow to match, and bright blue eyeliner. I played with the metal on my lip as I walked to class. If you looked close enough you would see my tattoo when the edge of my shirt came up. Yea, I could see why they might call me Goth, but emo? Seriously, what was wrong with people?

>She's just got the flu or something, nothing too bad.<
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:29 am
View Likes
Yuriiko says...

Caroline:

Who was just that girl?

I looked at her like she was a wanted criminal. Corbin didn't even say a yes or a no answer, and she just couldn't appear like that; unless we really know her.

I slightly poked Kaylee and whispered at her, "Who's that?"

"Bianca, I think." She replied softly, not wanting to let Bianca hear. Then I sat straight and felt the inquisitiveness swirl around my mind. She didn't look friendly at all and I noticed Ester giving a frown face. I let her be like I was just pretending she didn't even exist. I took a handful of potato chips into my mouth and swallowed it down slowly. Boy I was hungry.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:04 am
Apple says...

Ester Alice:

Blinking at the girl I felt the hair on my neck stand on end; like she was an opponent invading the pride. Turning away, I grabbed at one of the chips Caroline was harboring over. She gave me a look as if to say back off but I only poked my tongue out trying not to look as green as I felt.

"So Corbin, how has school been so far?" she leaned over the table, flicking her perfect blond hair. I felt my hands tighten against the chair. The words back off lingered on my lips. Ellie frowned at me confused. Shaking my head, I tried my best at a friendly smile.

"Good actually," Corbin nodded laughing softly.

"How about you?" I shot in asking her inquisitively. That got a few looks the largest from Bianca.

Bianca Manolo:

What was there problem! How dare they try and scare me away with looks of hate and arrogant attempts to ignore me. I wouldn't run away that easily with my tail between my legs. Corbin was going to be mine whether they liked it or not. And not only because he was totally hot but because it was my mission. Pressing my hand against my phone, Dad's call still rung in my ears.

I just had to. "Corbin, I noticed that you're really good at music." I pressed my hands in closer around my body trying to make my already large curves look bigger. Corbin took in a deep, nervous breath trying his hardest not to take me in.

"Yes, I like to think I-I-I am pretty good at music."

I glanced behind him to see the one they all called 'Ester' glancing at me jealously. She had tried her shot at small talk but I had shot her down and not in a way that would make the others notice my plan.
I spy!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:16 pm
Calligraphy says...

Micheal Webb

Bianca, was hot no doubt about it, and beautiful too if she wasn't acting like a slut. O.K. If she had been flirting with me I wouldn't have cared. I would have flirted right back. But, when I saw Esters look I knew Blake (if she would even feel angry) would hide it. That was one of the many reasons I liked her. I felt really bad for Ester. Everyone on Corbin's table was scrunched it because he kept scooting over and she kept pressing closer. After a while he gave in. They started to "talk" about music. Ester was seething, she glared so hard I thought she might burn Bianca of something.

But soon enough it was time for gym. By the time the class actually started I was ready to burst. The gym teacher was a short guy, but stockiness made up for it. He looked like he could bench about 420 pounds. When he told us about himself I learned that he walked or biked everywhere he went that was in this township. I wondered how hard it would be to bike all that weight around.

The first thing he had us do was sit-ups than push-ups and pull-ups. I was surprised to see that not all the dudes could do them. What?! All this came pretty easy to me because of my wings, and all the fighting I did. But, after the first half of the class the white muscle shirt I had changed into stuck to me. But, I wasn't breathing hard or anything. "Today we will be learning the sport of wrestling. Actually we will probably learn about it your next class too. To start with" After that he just droned on about the rules we had to memorize. But at the very end he showed us some moves. Finally two people got to wrestle. I was chosen then this other guy who looked about the same weight class, but because of my thin bones I knew he wasn't. We went into our stances. I instantly went into my fight mode. I picked out all the faults he had. all the gaps in defenses. The problem was I had to play by the rules. I kept reminding myself. It realized that if I could just use my quick reflexes maybe I could get him down. He went first but I quickly dodged and had him pinned.

"Brovo." said MR... (I forgot what I said earlier..) "For your information this boy was on the wrestling team, I want you on it to. Meet me here after class."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Kaylee:

This was sick. I knew Bianca liked Corbin earlier but what is wrong with her! Corbin's obviously with Ester. When Corbin stuttered I kicked him under the table. He looked at me sharply and I just gave him an innocent look, besides my eyes which told him to quit it.
When I changed for gym so many people were staring at the scars on my leg. Several people asked me how I got them but I just ignored them. I couldn't tell them the truth and there isn't really an excuse to why you have large bite marks on your leg. Tossing my hair up into a ponytail I ran out to the gym.

After the sit-ups and push-ups I hadn't even broken a sweat, where as other girls were complaining after doing two. "Today we will be learning the sport of wrestling. Actually we will probably learn about it your next class too. To start with" said the teacher. Then he went on and on about rules we have to memorize. But at the very end he showed us some moves. Two people went up to wrestle.

Micheal was chosen and then another guy who appeared to be the same weight as Micheal, but I know he isn't. I couldn't help but be tense. Not for fear that Micheal would get hurt, but fear the other guy would get killed. Some girl told me to relax but I just couldn't. In about two seconds Micheal had the guy pinned and I let out a breath I didn't even realize I had been holding in.

"Brovo." yelled the teacher. "That boy was on the wrestling team, I want you on it too. Meet me here after class." After being so tense I had to let it out somehow. My hadn shot up and I said "Sir, can I go next?" After sizing me up he looked reluctant but nodded "Don't hurt yourself." I rolled my eyes and heard Micheal give a quiet chuckle.

The teacher looked around the room for someone my size. He was about to call some girl up but I said "Can I wrestle my brother, please?" He squinted and asked "Who's your brother?" I pointed to Micheal. He looked a little worried so I quickly said "Don't worry, I'm small but I can fight him. I have experience with it. We fight all the time" I cracked a smile and the teacher reluctantly said "Alright." Turning to Micheal he said "Go easy on her."

We both got into fighting stance. Don't get crazy Kaylee. Remember the rules. Don't make anyone suspicious I thought to myself. Micheal came at me and I quickly dodged. The wrestling continued for a few minutes, every moment of it the teacher looked at me with worried eyes and the class with wowed expressions.

I finally got behind Micheal and wrapped my arm around his neck in a headlock. My leg came around in a quick motion and hit the back of his knee causing him to topple and taking me down with him. Getting on my hands and knees I pinned his arms down and gave him a mischievious smile. Kissing two of my fingers I placed them on his cheek and got up. The teacher could finally relax.
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 am
Calligraphy says...

Micheal Webb

I jumped up doing a flip that was really hard without wings. Just to get my pride back. Then punched Kaylee in shoulder with a laugh. I had known from the beginning that she would win she was a much better fighter than me. It had a first made me angry that a girl could beat me, but somewhere on the island I had gotten over it. I didn't even think that the guys were staring at me like how can you be lauding when your sister just beat you bad!? I plopped down next to her glancing at Mr. Whatshisface. He didn't seem to know what to do. "ummmm" he started. "would you like to be on the wrestling team?" "I'll think about it." I was pretty sure she wouldn't want to (with a family to raise), but maybe...?

Pretty soon gym was over. I was about to agree with him that I would love to meet after school until I realized I would have to let some people win and I could never compete at the bit tournaments. I sighed "No thanks, I thought about it during the rest of the class and..." "What you too scared because your sister one against you?" "No, she always does, I just don't want the attention." Then a bit more harshly, "And that's my final answer." I walked to the shower room to change.

This time I put my extra white mucilage shirt on. With everyone thinking our whole family was goth or emo or whatever. I dude walked over. He had strawberry blonde hair and a stocky build. He also didn't have anything closed to ripped muscles. "Cool tattoo man," he slapped me on the back "But, being beat by your sister! Not cool." I instantly flinched stepping away. I shoved him before I could stop myself. "Don't touch me." My voice had gotten that mean tone. That tone I only used when I was in survival mode. I tried to recover smooth it over. But I was grasping at straws.

"Sorry I'm just, just don't touch me K? And, how bout' you try to fight her huh. See how good you would do."He had already backed off.

"Whatever."

"Hey, I'm sorry I flinched I'm just not used to people touching me." By this time a small crowd had gathered. A black dude walked up. "It's cool, right R. J.?"

"Yeah, it's cool." R. J. almost flinched away from this guy. I could tell he was the boss. The kid everyone hated or liked, but everyone obeyed.

"What's your name kid?"

"Micheal, yours?"

"Where you from and why you beat'in up on my bro?" I could tell R. J. had never been called this dues "bro" before. "You got a problem with him or somthin?

"Who said something about a problem?" I asked. The dude smiled.

"I like that." He tried to pull me into a headlock, but I jumped away.

"No one touches me." I walked away not seeing what happened. I grabbed my bag on the way out and shouted. "I got it at Big Guns, Big Guns R. J." I walked into my next class five minutes late.

25 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:00 am
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

It looked like all of the winged ones had signed up for gym. To us it was all "no sweat" but most of the other kids were groaning. And then it was wrestling time! Michael went up first, it wasn't even a competition. And then Kaylee fought against Michael. The struggle was a little bit longer, but she won in the end. Really embarrassing for Michael, but oh well. A couple more people attempted at wrestling, key word here "attempt." I studied all of their moves and memorized all of their weaknesses.

As we watched, I noticed that something was missing. And then I realized that Ester wasn't holding my hand, hugging my hip, or playing a practical joke on me. As a matter of fact she wasn't standing next to me. She was all of the way on the other end, standing with a couple of the other winged ones. I scrunched my eye brows together, what was her problem today? She won't even look at me. Ever since we've gotten to school this morning she's been acting weird. That's it! It's school. There's something about school that's bugging her and she's stressed. >Boys can be so clueless sometimes!<

What could I do to help her? I got it. "Coach," I said stepping forward, everyone turned their attention on me. "Can we wrestle in pairs? Like two against two." If I could just get Ester to fight with me then I know she'll feel better, she always calms down after a fight.

He raised is eyebrows, "I suppose so. I'm guessing that you would like to do that. Alright then, pick your partner." I smiled and pointed at Ester with out hesitation. "Ok, you two will fight against Eli and Doltin." To buff looking boys stepped forward and from the looks that the other kids gave them, they were the baddest. This is too easy I thought as Ester and I took up our stance, back to back. Me and Ester had practiced fighting forever, it's like we know each other's moves before we do it. But something was wrong, Ester was all tensed up. Which was odd since I knew we could whip these suckers. But just then the coach blew his whistle and the wrestle began.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

199 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 am
Apple says...

>Sorry for the very long post. I got carried away with the fight and the inside joke ( *wink* Drago *wink* :lol: )! If you find some Dilton's its because I got mixed up with Doltin. <

Ester Alice:

As Corbin pointed me out, I felt my heart fall; I didn't want to wrestle (alright a lie, but I just wasn't in the mood OK). Sighing, I nodded. I was being to hard on Corbin, maybe: I should try to be a little less clingy. I mean, it wasn't his problem that Bianca was flirting with him. As I walked towards the centre of the wrestling mats, I could hear the two boys we had to verse jeering at Corbin for choosing a girl.

As my back touched Corbin's, I felt my shoulders tense. I could feel him looking at me...not a very smart idea. The coach blew the whistle and Eli fell quickly onto Corbin seeing he had him mind elsewhere. Doltin jumped from side to side trying to confuse me. I had seen that trick so many times it wasn't fooling anyone. Lunging forward, I ducked under his strong hand, cirlcing threateningly around him. Not noticing that I had left his back, Corbin tried to lean on me for support (a tactic we always used together when sparing), instead; he lost his footing and crashed to the ground a stunned expression masking his face.

I gasped, my eyes freezing on Corbin! Before I could move to help, Doltin's strong arm connected with my shoudlers; clothes-linening me to the ground. Pain ran up my side and across my jaw line. It didn't feel like when the wolves attacked - that had hurt a lot worse - but I could still feel that it was going to leave a bruise tomorrow morning. Rolling slowly to my feet, I glanced through my hair to see Corbin stagger out from under Eli and lunge towards Doltin trying to fend him away from me.

Doltin's hands wrapped around Corbin's wrists clamping his to his sweaty chest. Eli came out from no where, bringing his hands up like a boxer - or what ever those people were called when I watched late night TV shows with AJ and Ashton. I stared motionless unable to move. It was as if fear had me rooted to the ground....THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE AND THESE GUYS WEREN'T EVEN TRYING TO KILL ME! Eli struck at Corbin's chest causing him to gag. He tried to move l though was pinned by the two, unbale to even crane his neck back to see how I was fending. Rage began to flow through my body. He was to busy caring how I was to save his own neck!

"You leave him alone!" I screeched. Corbin turned quickly kicking at Doltin with his leg using my outburst as a distraction. Doltin's nose erupted into a bloody mess, stumbling across the mat in pain; his hand flew up to his face. What looked like tears budding in the corner of his eyes were quickly banished away. Roaring angrily, he lunged forward swinging his arms fiercly. Without thinking, I shot forward. Jumping into the air, I swung my foot in an axe -ike distiction, stricking Eli on the round of his head. He collapsed towards the gorund, giving out a mangled cry. Releasing Corbin, he rolled quickly regaining his composure.

I ran in front of Corbin, sliding into a protective position. Eli and Dilton stood up, steam practically erupting from their noses and ears.

"Ready?" I asked smirking. They began to circle us, punching their meaty hands into their palms.

"Ready!" Corbin said determidly. He turned quickly, locking our arms; Eli lunged towards us. I rocked back onto Corbin's back. Bringing both my legs up, I struck Eli in the chest.

"GO!" Corbin instructed. Falling back; Corbin rocked onto mine. I bit my tongue trying to hold his weight. Glancing between my legs, Corbin hit Doltin squarely in the chest sending him rocketing back. Dropping him down, I felt his body move intune with mine, sinking down into a protective position - when we had been training on the island, Corbin and I would always make up crazy moves to use on opponents together.

Eli was the first to get up, running towards us, I fell behind Corbin. Eli hadn't expected that, slowing momentarily down. Corbin turned on the balls of his feet swinging his foot around, it crashed into Eli's back forcing him to double over. Acting fast, Corbin twirled dangeroulsy; punching him under the chin. Eli fell towards the ground, twitching and moaning.

Both of us turned to face Dilton. "You may do the honours." Corbin slid back gesturing towards Dilton. I smiled lovingly at him. Thoughts of Bianca completely erased. Surprising how a good fight can do that! I began to slowly run towards him. As he moved to punch me, I skipped back; jumping upwards, I swiped at his head. Ducking, I grinned. Fell right into my trap, buddy. Dropping to the ground, I applied my weight to my hands and spun with my leg out bringing Dilton's out from underneath himself.

He crashed to the ground, rolling onto his face. Corbin came up behind me and placed his hand onto my shoudler. Looking up at him, I grinned sinking back into his body. To bad Bianca had to be their to destory it. The girl jumped up so quickly, I thought she was a mass murderer or something.

"Corbin, sweetie! You are the toughest, cutest guy ever!"
I spy!

Random avatar

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:37 pm
Calligraphy says...

You guys don't know the rules of wrestling do you?!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:44 pm
ultraviolet says...

Do you, Cal?
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm
Calligraphy says...

Yep, my bros were both in it... and no kicking/punching involved.

25 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:29 pm
Dragonet says...

I'm sorry Cal. We can just say that Corbin and Ester got a bit carried away, and then got in big trouble in the end.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

199 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:04 pm
Apple says...

:lol: When I do wrestling, it's everything or nothing. But that's against my bro's and it's because they've challenged me. No one challenges me and gets away it!...........But, hey! They do kick and punch in WWE????
I spy!

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind