z

Young Writers Society

Nate's Dead?! (A Storybook not to scare anyone)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 pm
bonnie babe says...

Bonnie

Bonnie grinned back, 'Whoever said life was easy? Besides I can't take over YWS on my own can I?'
Foxfire looked back at her, 'I think, for the time being we will get on just fine.'
Bonnie continued to grin, 'Well then; lets go!'
The two of them walked on into one of the more chaotic forums, It was a romance.
'Man! These romances make me sick!' Bonnie said in disgust as a nearby girl wailed over her beloved, 'Shall we make her shut up?'
Her new partner looked at her as if she had asked the most stupid question in existence. 'Stupid question.' She muttered under her breath.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" -Einstien

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 pm
foxfire says...

Foxfire

I looked at Bonnie who had muttered under her breathe before i shifted my gaze on the girl wailing. In an instance, a large wire came out from the black box behind me and struck her back like a sword. Slowly, she was gone...absorbed inside me.

'Does that help?" i grinned before i spread out my arms to let out another set of arms appear behind it. It was less useful than the set of wires but i needed to conserve power.
'Wanna help me?" i looked at her. "you can be my shield while i absorbed this forum. It may take a while after those twerps ruined it."
"How just stay here and do nothing?" she complained.
"not quite, you can always scout for characters here. There all mostly the same these romances...can't wait to get rid of this forum."
She nodded as i started the sequence.
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:10 am
Howler says...

Howler

So we had a quiet, growing crowd in the chat. But I didn't like to be sitting around when there was a mystery to solve. Besides, there was bound to be many more writers out there in trouble. The YWS was in trouble, and it needed a hero. Why shouldn't it be me? Nobody else here in Chat seemed to want to. Besides, I accidentally created an evil character army, the character parade, and I had to stop them. Besides, when else could I joyously kill the cast of Glee?

All I needed was some way to avoid falling through the portals. That didn't seem to be helping me too much so far. I needed a mount; a steed, as it were. Some thing awesome and heroic with every step it made. I knew exactly what I needed, but I had to make my way back to my profile, back in my Cathedral in Narrative Poetry.

Everyone was in discussion and wonder of who killed Nate, but I figured that if they did find whoever killed him, the YWS would still be trapped in an insanity spiral. I was able to quietly jog out of chat without notice.

Narrative Poetry was directly west from Chat, so I planned on an easy straight path. I had a bit of an energy rush with me, so I decided to jog. But as I got about a few meters away from the west Chat door, I heard someone yell "Howler!!!" from the door. Somebody was following me?
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:07 am
LittlePetRock says...

***Rocky***

"Howler!!" I shouted. I stopped just before I fell into the portal Howler was headed too.
"Yes?" He said, impatiently.
"Oh, you're headed for Narrative Poetry. Eww."
"Don't like poetry?"
"Not really... I might head to Fan Fiction."
"See Yaaaa....." He shouted as he jumped into the pit.
I looked around, no one was watching me, and I jumped headfirst into the Fan Fiction section.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hoorah!!" Hundreds of soldiers were shouting.
"What the... Oh, Valley of Death, eh?" I assumed, glancing around at the lifeless, bloodless, bodies.
"How'd you know?" A soldier asked.
"Kill them sparklies." I laughed.
"HEY YOU!!" A general-looking man shouted.
I looked down at my skin,
"Oh crud," I freaked out, my skin! It's snow white!
"it's not what you think!" I backed up, soldiers crowded around me.
"Get 'er boys! Don't leave a fang-er alive!" The general shouted.
"AGggggggggghhhhh!!" I screamed, running through the streets, looking for a hiding place, or a portal.
My plan backfired! My mind raced.
Star light; star bright,
It is time to take flight.
Off I go through the dark of night.
All my hopes and dreams in sight.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:54 pm
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

*I see you met the Marines LittlePetRock*

I had been wandering the forums in despair, and suddenly heard the distinct drums of war boom beyond me. I turned around and gasped, the Valley Of Death story was in chaos, the soldiers chasing after LittlePetRock!

"NO! Stop, she's not a sparkly! General Cyrus you bloody moron!" I shouted.
"Stand down soldiers!" General Cyrus barked. "It's our Master!"

Every soldier ground to a halt, even the vampires running about the place like flying daggers.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

50 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Howler says...

Howler

The route I wanted to take was blocked by some wall. I had to get around it, and the only way was to go through Romance. It was always a crowded and sickening forum. Or, so I remembered. It was empty. All I saw from a giant distance was Bonnie and Foxfire, and Foxfire was shooting strings out and absorbing everything.

I wasn't too against it, if I do say. I didn't care for this forum either. But it worried me why she was destroying the forum. I didn't think this was her first. I needed to get my own steed and stop her.

Finally, a chance to be a hero.

I snuck around behind the two, and got into the city of Narrative Poetry. Well, what was left of it, anyways. My Cathedral was empty, with all the windows broken. I quickly went to the basement and opened my vault; the Armory. All the weapons and vehicles that I ever knew from movies, TV, and my own creations primarily.

I threw my fire sword into a treasure chest and started looking around. My glorious weapons were hung up on the wall; a storybook I made a character (Lance, Area 52) with an electric guitar with a talk box. You shout into the talk box while you play a power chord, and it would give off a sonic explosion. I had a bit more of a special design for my guitar, though. It was a replica of a true guitar master; Steve Vai.

Spoiler! :

I plugged in the talk box and turned the volume to Explosive. I then opened the stable for my steed, a mythical bird from the pokemon universe. No words could describe this beauty of this bird, only the picture;

Spoiler! :

It's name Lugia. And it was what I'd use to fly over the YWS and be the hero it needed.

I stood on Lugia's back and we flew high. Lugia could fly calmly enough to keep me on it's back. Also, thankfully, it wouldn't be able to hear the power chord attack of mine.

As we flew over the wall, I raised my hand, and Lugia started going in for a slight nose dive, as to give me a chance to aim my shot. I took aim, howled into the talk box, and strummed a power chord. The sound wave was so strong and loud, you could see them in the air, flying at Bonnie and Foxfire.

The Guitar Hero vs. The Puppet Master; this could potentially be the greatest battle of all time.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Lauren

Howler and Rocky disappeared, leaving Lauren with everyone who was left. She needed to act quickly, before another portal sucked them up and spread them all across the site.

"Well, what are we doing standing here?" she asked. "Our fearless leader is gone, now is the time for us to rise up and defend what is ours! And give the murderer what he or she has coming!" She raised her bow to the air. "Who's with me?"
Got YWS?

111 Reviews

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:22 am
foxfire says...

okay howler, bring the fight on...i always wanted a good fighting scene

Foxfire

I was 1/3 over the romance fiction when a loud sound boomed across the forum. It send me in midair. My lowers arms were begin to crack. From a distance, i saw Bonnie. i lunched one hand to hold her into ground while i let out the otehr to the rider.

He dodged it. It was not obvious.

The rider strum another chord and another wave jolt by. This time, i let out the doll towards the wave. It exploded decreasing the damage. I prepared myslef and increase the size of my wings.

"been a while since i had a good fight." i said as i flew over the rider. He grinned in response. He began to send multiple waves and i predicted he was starting to play.

I narrowed my eyes as i opened my chest. From it, i let out a great miniscule wires almost reaching a thousand or more. I let them attack. Many of them were destroyed by the avrious waves in whcih i had to odge but some of them had reached the forum's surface.

i grinned. With the spread of my arms, the whole surface and all the works that possess awire was under my control. I raised my arm and a large wave of poetry arose and began to cover the rider. I narrowed my eyes as i played my next arm in which the surface followed.

The rider dodged a number of them dstroying the surfaces with the waves. the music began louder and i predicted that these 1st acts canot hold must longer. I exhaled transforming my wings into four great puppets.

Though i was back on the surface, these puppets can reach the highest of opponents. i grinned as the battle continued.

50 Reviews

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:07 am
Howler says...

Howler

The four puppets flew up and started surrounding me and Lugia. They started firing strings at Lugia's wings and at the Steve Vai, trying to knock it out of my hands. I needed to get away.

I started flipping through the knobs on the talk box and switched it to "Spreader". I started playing something speedy ("Rasberry Jam Delta-V" by Joe Satriani), and the sound waves started jolting around me, electrifying and stunning the puppets.

"Flap off those strings, Lugia", I commanded. Lugia did as I asked and started flapping its wings. The strings flew off and the puppets with them. They seemed to get back on their feet quick and all charged at me from the front. I needed to do something crazy. I switched the guitar to Explosive mode.

"Quick, use Aeroblast!", I said to Lugia, who immediately gave off a wind shearing scream towards the charging puppets, knocking them back a bit and doing some damage. As soon as they got hit by the blast, I backflipped off of Lugia and started falling. The puppets stringed up Lugia and started doing damage. I aimed directly at the puppets and gave off a power chord. They shattered into a bunch of little wooden pieces.

I switched my aim to Foxfire, who was falling like me. I gave off another power chord and he used it to jump off of. Before I hit the ground, I gave a chord at the ground to bounce on my fall. I landed on my feet safely, and Foxfire was a football field away.

Foxfire started flying at me, and I started doing my own little cocky shot. I started playing the acoustic part to "Ice Cream Man" by Van Halen. As Foxfire gave a puppet punch, I gave off another explosive chord, but he faked around me right before I had a chance to turn. He put his strings around me and threw me far. I was lucky to give off another explosive chord to balance my fall.

He was flying at me again. I would not get knocked down again. I quickly switched the guitar to another mode, Stone. I started playing the riff for "Stone Cold Crazy" by Queen. Foxfire got a few meters away from me when it started working, and he was becoming petrified. I quickly looked up at Lugia, but kept playing. If I stopped, the petryfication would fade.

Lugia was trying to recover, but was unable to battle for now. I was still in trouble. I wasn't much of a ground fighter; personally, I prefer the air. I was winning this, except something hit my mind...where did Bonnie go?!?
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

111 Reviews

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:23 am
foxfire says...

Foxfire

My body can't move but it seemd that the rider seemed a little confuse. The four puppets were gone and it cost me a large number of power but i had absorbed enough works for that to be minimum.

Then suddenly, behind the rider...four daggers came from behind.

"Bonnie..." i thought. The rider dodged those leaving them to struck me. With the snap of a finger, i let my body crumbled into wooden pieces. before i would fall, i heard bonnie and the rider attacking each other.

However, it was not over. Though most of my body were petrified....i still had the wires embedded on the surface and the remains of the puppets. They were far off from the fight but it did not matter. Slowly, the remains reassembled with the literary works-thus absorbing them to my system.

I gathered myself and took for a moment to absorbed a great number of works while i watched the fight. Bonnie was having a hard time but it won't last long. As i finished, absorbing about 100- i exhaled deeply. I stepped on the ground and i went under the surface. But i was not alone....i had assembled a 100 puppets of vaious designs under the surfaces with me. Slowly, i made my way to the rider for the perfect ambush. me and 100 of us.

50 Reviews

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:54 pm
Howler says...

Howler

With the army of puppets coming at me, I wouldn't be able to hold off Bonnie and keep the petryfication up for much longer. I needed a final edge, but Lugia was still recovering. I looked around at the barren grey forum and got an idea. Nobody was using the land anymore, and I had a use for it.

I switched the guitar to Explosive mode and used the blasts to bounce a distance away. I switched the mode to Environmental and began playing the one solo I knew worked on this mode; Eruption by Van Halen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlziPoiEUuI). Like I expected, lava started bursting from the ground. Fiery explosions started bursting out, rocks started flying, I essentially made the battlefield into a volcano.

More than enough of the 100 puppets got burned, and another many got crushed by rocks. Bonnie was stuck trying to keep herself alive, and Foxfire was flying around, but still going towards me. I didn't need to keep playing to keep the ground the way it was, so I could go in for another attack.

I switched back to Explosive mode and gave a chord at a river of lava in front of me. I made a tidal wave of lava that got quite a distance far. Foxfire was lucky to have jumped over it.

Foxfire began fixing up the army of puppets, and I think he was trying to build them to be more fire resistant. I wasn't able to fight for much longer. Although I'd be weaker, I needed to get Lugia back to full power. Even though everything was going towards me, I had to leave myself weak.

I switched the guitar to Healing mode and started playing to Lugia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8-tXG8KrWs). Lugia started glowing blue and gaining it's energy back, but as I was about to get hit hard.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

111 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 am
foxfire says...

wonder what ahppened to the plot of the storybook :lol:

foxfire

The whole forum is burning at a rapidly quick state. I think i ahd underestimated the rider. I grinned. There was no one who had equaled me for a long time.

I was able to heal three dozens of thep puppets as fire proofs. But i know that any other would be useless. I need to look for another way and i found it. Bonnie was trying to save herself.

I grinned. I dodged the various attacks. It seems that the rider is back in the air. But the rider was in a healing mode and i need to be quick to get the upper hand. AS i reached Bonnie, i told her that i will combined with her.
I didn't remember her response but i quickly made my new mastery: Human-Puppet Combination. I took a while but after that, i shifted to my new transformation.

I had my head beside Bonnie's head. My arms and wings on her backs and i summoned my torso before her torso as a shield. She still had some control over herself.
"Get ready to fight." i said as i opened my chest and summoned one of my strongest puppets. A giant doll about 50 tall. It had a great shield. On its chest were tentacles.
I skimmed at its back and rode on its head.

"WIth the spread of my arms...I targeted to the rider.
The doll gave a very large scream that almost match his waves. It dislodge the rider. AS the doll made over the lava, it had no effect. I had covered its body with the three dozens of fire proof puppets. The rider moved quickly to the right and i summoned a horde of tentacles on the dolls chest to try to get the rider while i readied its arms.

This will be the climax of the battle.

50 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:17 pm
Howler says...

People stopped their plots to watch our fight. It's just that awesome.

Howler

Although I was being grabbed by the puppet's tentacle, the healing was finished. Lugia was back up to speed and I'd be able to finish this. Not with complete victory, unfortunately. I couldn't stop Foxfire just yet, but I made it clear that I was the hero that would stop him.

"Lugia, Sky Attack!", I yelled. Lugia glowed bright blue for a moment or two, and then the blue outline of Lugia shot out at the puppet, cutting it in half. Lugia flew down afterwards and I used the Explosive mode to bounce right onto her. Lugia flew off, away from the forum.

I started playing a little victorious riff as I flew off (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDo7lQ6Jt8Q). I didn't know exactly where to go to get some new tricks, but I was at this point looking.

This battle had only begun.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

111 Reviews

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 am
foxfire says...

hehehe...i'm not sure with you but are we supposed to go with the plot..or just stick around in this awesome fight.

Foxfire

Heh....the doll was underestimated. This is one of my strongest creation and it cannot be killed by petty attacks.

The doll fixed itself by emerging wires that fixed it back together. The rider had let out the creature away. After all of what had happened, i need to watch out for the creature in case it comes back.

There is no way i will lose to him. As the rider fell down, i summoned the doll to create a various puppet spiders towards the rider.

"You better not kill me with this." Bonnie complained.
"Don't worry..." i said as the rider blew off the spiders but through the attacks. I send one of my dolls towards him.
Gotcha...
I got him by the shoulder. Soon, the doll would gain control of him. His life force are slowly draining off.This is my chance.
I took off from the great doll after the doll send off another wave in which the rider tried to counter but it was useless. From this moment, i separated from Bonnie and readied my wings.
"Take care of the doll..." i said in which she nodded.
"What if its gone."
"Heh, don't worry..." i said. I readied my wings and summoned a very large wire on my belly. My wings became blades and on my chests were readied sword. I exhaled and shot off my wire towards the rider.
It got him by the edge of the leg. From the doll, i flew towards him with my weapons prepared.
Lets see if he can do melee fighting.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:41 am
Jenthura says...

Agh, I can't believe I did that! Posted once and then left. I do, however have a good excuse...which nobody wants to hear...yeah.
I'm back.

Naldaer

After the short excursion through the strange bunny-storybook, I hopped on to Fanfiction. It was another one of my more or less not-so-favorite threads, but it was passable, better than poetry at least.
This time, it happened to be some war-zone Fanfiction, fraught with blood, screams and all the good, gory stuff a story needs. I stood atop an abandoned building, encircled with corpses.
Too bad it's just an imitation I thought to myself. And then: Hallo? What have we here?
The soldiers, or those who still had most limbs still attached, were chasing a snow-white thing. Fairy? Sprite? I scratched my head and thought for a while.
"Nate's dead!" I called out cheerfully to the running figure, just in case she hadn't heard yet.
"I know!" she managed to scream back. "Just sh-"
At that moment, she tripped over something and down into the mire she went.
Suddenly, the soldiers stopped running. Whether it was because of a newcomer yelling for them to stop, or for the shadow that loomed over us, nobody could tell. A second later, sound waves ripped into the ground and sent everybody across the ground.
Music? I thought. Here?
But it was, and weirder still, there was a Pokemon monster flapping above us, puppets hanging by their strings from its body.

((That ties the fanfiction scene with your awesome fight scene.))
-ж-Ж-ж-

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable