z

Young Writers Society

As Darkness Draws Near...

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:57 pm
VampireBadger says...

I watched him go, not sure how to feel. i wasn't even sure if i had heard him right. did he just say he could or would give his life to bring back my Sire, my Sabien... or did he mean that one of us would have to give our lives... surely not. what would be the point of giving my life to bring back Sabien when i couldn't be with him? i glanced over at Crag.

but then there was Fren to think of. what if Crag missed her Sire almost as much as i missed mine. but how could that be so? i LOVED my Sire. Sabien was my world! but then how could i judge the feelings of another conpared to my own. i could not deny Crags reality. that was something that Sabien had taught me long ago... oh... to see him again, touch his hand and kiss his lips and hear his soft, soft voice.

but then i looked at trent... my relationship with trent had growen a lot during these past few days. would i be able to give my full devotion to sabien and forsake Trent. i remembered the arguments i had had with Sabien before he died. would it be more of that? would i turn more and more to trent in times of doubt, as these times became more and more often, would i still be able to lay in Sabiens arms knowing that i belong totally and utterly to him?

i was very confused. i s'pose i'd have to wait and disguss this again with Sire.

NOTE - there, his name is Sabian, pronounced SABE - ee - an. i s'pose no one is going to take him after all, but i had hoped sometime that someone might be interested. mind you, he is dead so what's the point!
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:27 pm
SishBee says...

Crag stared hard at the floor. There was no doubt in her mind as to who should be ressurected, but she didn't know if it was right.

She rolled the scentence round and round her head.

She knew it, she had to say it.

"No."

Celenia and Trent looked up at her, confused.

"I can't do it."

"Can't do what?" asked Trent.

"He is my Father. I can't ask him to give up his life for Sabien. I know you loved him and I loved Fren, but I can't do it."

Crag bowed her head. She didn't know what to do.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:31 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent looked at the two girls, "I think I'll go to the store now, and let y'all think." He mumbled, he left the apartment quietly and walked to the store. He didn't want to buy anything but he needed to think and it was indoors.

"Haven't seen you in here before." He heard a cheerful voice say from behind him. He turned around and saw a girl about Celina's age. Not a vampire though.

"I haven't needed to come for a while." He replied, she had long brown hair, grey eyes, and a haunting smile. He shivered but the trench coat covered it, something about her made him uncomfortable.

"You ok?" She asked,

"I'm fine," He walked past her to a row of icecream.

"Whats with the trench coat?" She asked,

"I like it," He replied shortly.

"Oh," She walked over and looked at the icecream he held in his hand. "Throwing a party?"

"Nope," She was close, he could smell her blood, it smelled sweet, but he ignored it.

"Whats the icecream for?"

"I just wanted some." He replied putting it back and grabbing a mint chocolate chip one. They weren't priced to high.

"Oh ok," She twisted a strand of hair on her finger. He walked towards the register and she stayed behind. When he got back outside he sighed, she was gone. He had a haunting feeling he was being followed though and couldnt' have gotten back to the apartment any sooner.

*Sorry, I was bored, the girl can disappear, it just gave me somethign to post sense he doesn't have to make a decision like the others.*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:02 pm
VampireBadger says...

i was going to have to talk to him. i didn't care if he was asleep. i got up, leaving Crag, muttering something about having a shower. i thought while i walked down the stairs, smelling the dusty air and wondering what this could mean... was it right to bring someone back from the lands of the dead? would they be more happy in heaven or wherever they were now?

i slowly walked across the dark grey floor of the lobby, up to the woman behind the counter. she twiddled her long brown hair in her fingers and gazed at me with haunting grey eyes. i gazed back, not sure what to say. she was human... but that haunting smile... there was something there that shouldn't have been.

"can i help you...?" her voice was far away and dream like.

"yes... i'm looking for a man named Primus. he should live here..."

"yes..." she mused. "i believe he lives in room 3..."

i nodded. there was something about the way she spoke that unsettled me. it was like she hadn't finished her sentence and there was more to come... but it never came... i moved off quickly in the direction of a large black door with the number 2 on it.

"i'm Natali by the way..." she added to my retreating back. i bit my lip... Natali... i had heard that name somewhere before.

the room beyond was dark, and pleasantly cool. it didn't take me long to find Sire's coffin. i swallowed, wondering what to do next. Sabien never liked to be woken in the day time... i wondered how Sire would react. i gently slid my fingers beneath the lid and lifted. it was heavy and didn't come off instantly. but i got quite a shock when a strong hand jumped out and wrapped itself around my throat! i choked, trying to get words out.

"it's... me...!" i managed to blurt out.

the hand lossened at the sound of my voice and pushed the coffin lid away and onto the floor with a loud bang. Sire sat up, scratching his hair and scowling.

"you told me i could come and talk to you!" i told him before he could interrupt.

he sighed. "what do you want?"

"i want to know..." i began. "i want to know why you're so willing to give up your life for someone else when you have a daughter who needs you and who you have to say here for..."

there was a long tense pause before he answered in a hoarse voice.
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:59 pm
vamplord12 says...

*PRIMUS*

"because i realize now that what i did to sabien was wrong when i thought he murdered my wife. i also know that what i did to my daughter was wrong and she shouldnt have to have a father that threw her off a bridge, even with it being an accident.

"so if you want me to give up my life for sabien or if crag wants me to bring back fren, i will."

"well you dont have to give up your life to bring back sabien. crag doesnt want to lose her father."

"is that really what she said?"

"yes it is what she said."

i ran out of the room, out of the apartment building, and all the way to trent's apartment. i flung the door open, scaring crag half to death, then i dropped to the floor in front of her.

"i am so sorry that i threw you off the bridge and im sorry your mom had to die and im sorry fren and sabien had to die. i feel so bad about what ive done. i will do anything to make this up to you, just name it and i will do it."

"i dont know what to say about this," crag said, tears almost about to burst out of her eyes.

i put my arms around her in a fatherly way.

"think about it. i will be your father until eternity and later. i can wait"
Last edited by vamplord12 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there is no such thing as good and evil, there is only power...

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:31 pm
SishBee says...

Crag was still not sure what to do. She shrugged him off and walked out of the apartment up to her favourite spot.

The rooftop of the station was empty, of course.

The sky was grey, and there was not a single bird singing. Only the roar of the traffic and the buzz of people talking in the street.

She ignored that though. She didn't know whether she wanted to be alone or not. Just not with him.

"Crag?"

"Trent? What are you doing up here?"

"I remembered this was where Fren used to come. I know it is good for thinking."

They stood next to each other in silence, both stared out towards the thin green line of the countryside.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:35 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Do you not care that he apologized?" Trent asked,

"I...I" She sighed, Trent walked to the edge of the building, alot had changed, he had changed, he wasn't afraid to talk to others anymore. He needed to stand up for his new friends if the need arose.

"Could you ask him to give himself up for someone else to be brought back?" He asked turning around and looking at her, "Even though he did what he did would killing himself make him any better in your eyes. Thats all he wants, he wants you to love him, even if it means his death, even if he can't charish it."
Want a Readers crit???

29 Reviews

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:42 pm
vamplord12 says...

*PRIMUS*

note: im srry i couldnt post in a while, my internet hates me but im here now.

i sit there on the floor for a while. thinking. wondering. wondering why Crag just stormed out. i get up and go back to my apartment, not bothering to lock the door. i lay down in my coffin and try to tell myself that Crag will come in soon. i fall asleep wondering if Crag will ever accept me as a father.

29 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:09 pm
vamplord12 says...

the only way i can post is if someone posts something!!!!!!!!!!!!! so post or this storybook will mean nothing and i will abandon it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am serious i will leave and never come back in!!!!!!!!!!!!

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:07 am
TNCowgirl says...

If no one post in a few days I will add somethign, i'll just have to think something up.
Want a Readers crit???

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:03 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Crag just stood there pondering his words. Trent left her and headed towards Primus' apartment. When he walked in the building he saw that girl again. He poundered leaving, but he wouldn't.

"Oh, hello again." She grinned, he nodded,

"What room is Primus in?" He asked not lookin her in the eyes but looking around.

"Three, your not the only one to come looking for him." SHe smiled, he shrugged and walked up to the room, knocking on the door. No answer, Primus was asleep, 'which is what I should be doing.' He turned and moved back down to the main area, "Did you get to talk to him?" SHe asked,

"No, he was asleep." Trent smiled as he thought about scaring her to death, maybe she would get rid of that smile. He shook his head, he didn't need to do that.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:37 pm
VampireBadger says...

i couldn't face sleeping alone... hell i couldn't face sleeping really. there was no telling what sort of nightmares would haunt me... when trent came back i looked up, giving a bleak look. he shrugged.

"do you want to sleep on the couch or return to your own appartment?"

it was as if he'd read my mind...

"can i sleep here?"

he shrugged again. "if you like..."

NOTE - i'm going to bring in a new character soon actually. though i'm not sure how to bring him in yet... if you have any idea's feel free to PM me and share them...

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain