z

Young Writers Society

YWS: The Gathering

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:15 pm
Alteran says...

Tenjin, Colin thought, That sounds an awful lot like the Trin Balde. Could it be possible? Could two worlds share the same artifact?

"I'll need to look at a map," Zephyrus said.

"There's something around here that has been attacking the outer sections of the village," Colin said, "While you look at a map I think some of us should investigate."

"Sounds like a plan," Griff said, "I'll Investigate with Colin and Amelia. We need as much information as we can get." He tossed a small black box to everyone, "Radios, we'll stay in contact at all times. Just hit the big buttont and talk."

Quinn acted a little shifty, but at this point it was normal for it to be a little mischevious. The monkey-boy followed along behind Griff, not wanting to be stuck with Quinn.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:31 am
Dynamo says...

Zephyrus was left with Karen to look at the map. "What were you all talking about?" Karen asked. "What did they mean by 'other worlds'?"

Zephyrus explained as briefly as he could.

Karen crossed her arms. "How am I supposed to believe that?"

"It doesn't matter now, Karen. What does matter is finding the Tenjin." He opened the map. His eyes widened at the first glance. "Karen, look at this." He showed her the map.

"What is it?"

"Look here. We're supposed to be in Horagothien right now." He pointed to a large volcano on the map. "Right here is Fire Mountain," he pointed to a large savanna, "and right here is Thunder Plains. But this map doesn't show Kuri City or Senko City. This map shows all the landmarks in Horagothien where the Power Shrines used to be, but none of its cities. Even the landmarks are in places they shouldn't be. Fire Mountain is far to the north, Thunder plains is in the east, the Desert of Snow is to the south and Illumos City is on Lunar Island."

Karen looked at Zephyrus. "What does this mean, Kai?"

"It means I'm telling the truth. We're in another world that has been combined with worlds from alternate dimensions. We need to find a way to send everything from our world back home before we create a paradox and destroy everything."
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:47 am
Dynamo says...

(This is a very good storybook. Let's not let it go to waste.)
Take that, science!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:22 pm
Rydia says...

Amelia

"Any ideas yet?" Quinn asked impatiently as it grabbed hold of a corner of the map so that it could look. "Ooooh, I've been there!"

"See," Zephyrus said, folding the parchment, "there's no way we can navigate through this land and no certainty that the Tenjin will be in one of our cities."

"That's that then. I hate to agree with it but I wouldn't mind doing something other than standing here," Colin sighed.

"Then we'll head North," Griff decided.

"North?" Karen asked. "Why North?"

"Because that's a good, unoriginal direction to head in and this storybook seems to crave originality," Griff answered.

"And that's supposed to make sense?" Zephyrus asked.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:13 pm
deleted6 says...

Quinn sniggered, "Boy yers are all so fick.I grew up on street and norff never a good way ter go."

She absently mindly smoothed her layers. Like she'd go North if this world had more dragons she'd rather see the treasure. Then again what difference did direction make. Mental blocks were up for all usual suspects. She found Elyn had none up so decided to look around in his mind.

Colin turned to her and sent a mental attack at her causing her to lose her grip on his mind, "Oi! wot ya do 'at for?" He shrugged and she could only grumble. Finally decision was made it appeared as the one in charge spoke.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:38 pm
cheeb says...

"What the -"
Infra awoke to a blinding pain. What was going on?
Memories returned in a flash. He'd been hit by a car, right? He got up cautiously, ignoring every inch of his body telling him not to. As he reached his full height the greatest stinging pain struck his head and he dropped to the ground again.

He lay there for a while, wondering what the pain was. Gingerly he felt his head - what was this, a hat? A cloth, or something... a bandage?

Finally deciding to check his surroundings, he noticed scientific-looking posters and a wall nearly covered in glass tubes and flasks.

"You are awake at last, Infra-san!"
Infra turned in the direction the voice had come from, and stared. A green-skinned girl stood in the doorway; she looked humanoid, but Infra knew that underneath she was mechanical.

"Tempo?"
the user formerly known as chibibo

103 Reviews

Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:31 am
Dynamo says...

"I think we should head north," Karen said.

Zephyrus turned to her and asked, "Why?"

"Because Taki, Max and Renegade are still checking out that metal city we found. We'd might as well regroup with them. Plus, we might be able to find more answers if we went there."

Zephyrus nodded and turned to the others. "She's got a point."

"Then north it is," Grif said.
Take that, science!

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:08 am
Squall says...

“Have you moogles fixed my airship?”

“Yes we have your cuteness, kupo!”

The lead moogle engineer bounced to Pikara, the pomp pomp on its head swinging side to side. He stood on its tip toes and lifted his tiny hand up, grasping a screw driver. Pikara grabbed the screw driver and rewarded the moogle with a gentle pat on his head.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Kupo!” The moogle danced its away out of the hanger, filled with the sweet energy from Pikara’s touch. He was accompanied with his colleges. The chorus of their jingling pomps pomps slowly died away as they left through the glass sliding doors.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:26 pm
Alteran says...

0o(Moogle's pom-poms dont jingle!)

Colin looked into the dimming sky, darkness would be on them soon. A funny feeling ticked his stomach. One he had experienced many time before. Something bad was ging to happen.

"I think we should wait till morning." Colin twisted at his robe, the feeling growing stronger.

"Why?" said Griff, "We need to get this done as soon as possible."

"If what you said is true, about enemies from our worlds coming here, then please let's stay somewhere tonight."

"Wuss," snickered Quinn. invoking anger in Colin.

"Fine, stay out here. Dont expect me to save you if they come." The shadows of the buildings were already swimming with a dark power. They knew, in just a short few hours they had found him.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

103 Reviews

Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:47 pm
Dynamo says...

Zephyrus felt the sharp prickle of dark energy. He could feel something, something dark and dangerous. Whatever it was, it was everywhere. The energy felt oddly familiar. He didn't sense anything dangerous about the energy, at least not yet. It was like it was waiting for something, but what?

"I agree with Colin," Zephyrus said. "Something doesn't feel right about this place. Traveling at night right now might not be the smartest thing to do."

"Really?" Griff asked. "I don't feel anything."

"That's because you can't use magic. If you can't use it, you can't sense it. It's like a sixth sense." He shook his head. "We're wasting time here. The sun is setting, we should find a place to stay for the night."
Take that, science!

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice