z

Young Writers Society

Metal Hearts (starting, not accepting)

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:14 am
Eniarrol says...

Gretal

"So um is the food good?" I asked Lily hoping to break the silence as everyone crunched through their snacks, I was one of the only people to not feel hungry.

I glanced around at the rest of the group, tactfully not commenting on their sloppy eating as they sprayed crumbs over themselves.

"Mmm hmm" Lily mumbled making her way through a packet of crisps.

"Right..." I glanced over to my right and saw the younger kids playing happily where they found a crate full of soft toys, suddenly I had an urge to join them.

I transformed and went to join them, a doll with long black hair and button eyes caught my eye and I grabbed it a funny feeling of deja vu settling into me.
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:28 am
MilkNCookies says...

Lily (Is it just Gretal, Lily, Cy, Adrian, Eli, and Kaiter? Or everyone else? Sorry, a bit confused.)

Now that the kids and Gretal were playing, it was just Eli, Kaiter, and I.

"I can leave, if you want. I don't mind eating alone." I admitted.

"No, it's fine. Really." She added at me look. They seemed to be fine for me to 'follow' around. adoptive parents, if you will, I guess. They'll let me, I think- and hope. I doubt they would care at all. if they did... Gretal was always nice to me. Wait, she was? I can't remember now. I felt like I remembered something about Gretal, deep and personal, but it left as quick as it came.

"Alright, then." I ate each chip like it was the last. pausing shortly to lick my fingers and eat my crumbs. "So, what are we going to do? It's just us five."

"I feel like we should rescue the others." Eli added.

"Because they're who they are, I think they'll have them under tight surveillance."

"but if we combine our abilities, we might be able to tick the guards and get them out of there." I contributed.

"Maybe. That just might work... but-" Katier began.

"We'll need a plan." Eli finished. Kaiter gave him a big grin- that was probably what she was about to say.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 am
Dragonette says...

Um... no, I'm pretty sure we're all together. *looks at past posts* Now you have me confused.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:47 am
AllyGrLxOX says...

Could someone bring Bree in? Im kinda confused! :O
HEY YOU!
Yeah you! :D

You should check out my latest novel "Part of the Night!"
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=877
^Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,

Why haven't you clicked on the link yet!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:35 am
Apple says...

I'm a little confuddled to. What's happening? I've read the previous posts but it doesn't want to sink: like Ally, could someone bring Eddy (Eden) in?
I spy!

49 Reviews

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:09 pm
MilkNCookies says...

How about the two groups got separated, and now they'll meet back up?

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:29 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I like that idea.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 pm
Dragonette says...

That's a good idea, Milk. We should probably discuss the details in the DT. topic74903.html
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

73 Reviews

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Eli (Sorry about the long post, needed to catch up.)
"Come back, I got him," the cop said into his walkie talkie. " Now, get in the car," the cop said, a look of triumph on his face.

"No." The next thing I know the cop has the cuff of my shirt and I'm flying in the car. My head hits on the seat, but it's cushioned, so I'm fine. The door slams and the cop gets in the front seat. We start to drive, and after about 500 feet I remember something about myself. I concentrate and I feel myself start to fold and shrink. In about 10 seconds I'm a ball. I move and the cop looks back. I roll under the seat so he won't see me. He quickly stops the car and screams that I'm loose into his walkie talkie. Everyone leaves and I'm alone. I hop on the seat and wait. I hear a whoosh and Kaiter is outside the car. I start to unfold and she's about to scream so I cover her mouth with my hand. She pushes my hand away and says,

"Eli!" she whispered, "What in god's name-?"

"Shh!" In my few minutes in the car I was scared and had started to sweat. "Can you get me out of here?" I ask.

""Fold into a ball again. It'll be easier to carry you that way," she said. I fold and she grabs me. We take off into the night sky.
~~~~~

Back at the camp it was very quite. "Hey, where are Gia, Bree, Eden, Enzo, and Achilles?" All I get is stumped looks. Before I get an answer Lily says,

""For once, I am hungry! But are we being legal? I've got a ten." We all chipped in and I was ready to go, but my dreams got smashed on the rocks of reality.

"I think we can, the cashier didn't see anyone but Eli, so we're good to go." she looked at me and added, ""But this time lets keep Eli out of the plans." I started to blush and look down."Ok, guys, lets head out. I'm sorry Eli, but you'll have to stay here, we'll bring some back for you. If someone could stay with you..."

"I'll stay. I don't mind." Lily said. Everyone left and we just kind of stood there. Turns out, Lily can speak any language. It took them only about five minutes to get back, with chips. I wasn't really hungry, so I just left my bag to he side, I'd eat later. After a while the young kids left, leaving me, kaiter, and Lily. Lily broke the silence,

"So, what are we going to do? It's just us five." A good question. I answered.

"I feel like we should find the others. it's just too quiet, I don't like it."

"But if we combine our abilities, we might be able to find them." Lily said, she was smarter than I thought. And I thought she was smart.

"Maybe. That just might work... but-" Katier began.

"We'll need a plan." I finished. Kaiter gave me a big grin- that was probably what she was about to say.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

85 Reviews

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 pm
Eniarrol says...

Gretal

After a while I got tired of our game with the soft toys and saw the older people deep in discussion. Whats going on?
I carefully placed the doll inside a over-the-shoulder bag I found and made my way to them.

Thinking that barging in wouldn't be too polite, I sat just outside the group hearing snatches of what they were saying.
"Plan...Gia...where...junkyard?... police..." My curiosity got the best of me, I found a space beside Lily and transformed into thirteen-year-old girl, I didn't like being the youngest.

"Gretal, You're too young for this" I heard someone say. (Anyone can say this)
"Young? I can be older than you if you want." I snapped back, slouching and not contributing to their plan to find the others.
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

49 Reviews

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 am
MilkNCookies says...

Lily

"Technically, so should I. But I don't want to leave." I mumbled. Gretal gave me a brief smile.

"Gretal..." Eli replied.

'We could be talking about bad things. Mean things. You will have to be quiet and never repeat this to someone you don't know." Katier said slowly. Gretal nodded.

"Well, they can't be too hard to find." I admitted. "Katier, can't you scan from above, or something?" I asked.

"Maybe, but if they got too far away, that could be bad. My wings can't take that much. They could be anywhere." Kaiter moaned.

"I guess you're right." I sighed. "We aren't getting anywhere."

"We need to broaden our minds." Eli suggested. We sat in silence, thinking, before Gretal interrupted.

"Can anyone drive a car?"

~Dr.Seuss.

85 Reviews

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 pm
Eniarrol says...

Gretal Sorry if this isn't to good, I was trying to keep everyone posting :)

"I can" Eli piped up, "Well not legally" I narrowed my eyes this was the best we would get.

"Is there any cars here?" Lily questioned just as a pile of old cars caught my eye.

"Over there" I pointed, frowning as I saw their broken windows and flat tyres.

Kaiter walked over towards a dirty brown one and ran her hand over the bonnet, "This one will do" Again I doubted any of these would actually run but it was our best chance.

"Right, get in the car guys," I frowned gestured towards the younger kids, "Uh Cy, Adrian, come over here" Eli's didn't have this under control but I knew better than to tell him that, that was Kaitar's job.

I changed into a five-year-old form noticing that we would have diffuculty with seating, it was only a small car.

"Okay,Gretal, Adrian, Cy, all the little kids can share a seat" Eli dierected us, I didn't budge. "Fine Gretal, share a seat with the others please" I glared at him and sat with the others who where chatting happily about something.

~Previously SweetMoments

49 Reviews

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 pm
MilkNCookies says...

"Are you sure you know what to do?" I asked Eli as I climbed into the back.

"Maybe we shouldn't be doing this," Kaiter moaned.

"Relax, guys! I got this."

"and what if we get pulled over?" I inquired.

"God, we'll only be on the road for a minute, five tops!" Eli sighed. I glanced over at Kaiter on the front seat.

"Wait! Gretal, when you are 17 and 18, do you know how to drive?" Kaiter asked.

"No." She admitted. Kaiter sighed defeat. With a triumphant grin, Eli began to look for the key.

"Anyone see it?" he asked. Everyone began to search.

"Boo-hoo, we can't go. Oh well, it was a good idea-" I began, before getting interrupted.

"Got it!" Eli exclaimed.

With a groan, I sank back into my seat.

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:35 am
fictionfanatic says...

Enzo:

I ran around, screaming on the top of my lung with pure exhileration.

After about ten minutes, I had something thrown at my head and Gia screamed, "Oh my god, do you ever shut up!?"

I couldn't help but laugh as I fell backwards in the trash.

Grumbling to herself, Gia said, "Go take a shower, you've been laying in trash all night."

"He'll rust." Bree piped in.

I laughed and said, "No I won't. You guys will, but I was built for water."

At that moment, everything went black and I had a flashback...

I stared at all of the rusted, dead half robots with terror. My six year old, chubby little hands reached for one of them.

Suddenly, I was snatched away and a voice said "Don't touch those! Now come on, you need to go in for your surgery."

"But I don't want to go!" I whined, trying to pull away. I didn't want to end up like all the others.
I lay on a table and heard bits of someone say, "layer...breath...water...you think?...well maybe..."

I blinked away the darkness.

I was awake while they did this to me? Why on Earth?

I looked around at all of them, "I guess we should start finding our way back to the others."
Live, Love, Laugh

73 Reviews

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:57 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Eli
"Got it!" I say as I grab the key from under the seat. Lily groaned, she didn't want me driving. "Come on guys! I've only gotten arrested once! And that's where I learned how to start the car!" Kaiter smiled and we all buckled up. "Now trust me here, I know what I'm doing." I did? Since when did I know how to drive? I felt the pain, the slipping away. I was having another flashback. The only thing that seemed different was there was no pain, no headache. I was at the last scene, only the scientists were talking.

"So what else did you add-on without me knowing?" the head scientist.

"Where do I begin? As you know there is the gun with unlimited ammunition and he can fold into a ball if he needs to hide or escape." I started floating back to my body. When I got back I asked, "So, where do I drive to?"
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Queen

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury