z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones: Ruscuers-Open-Not accepting new people

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:46 pm
Apple says...

Bianca Manolo:

I sauntered away from the cutie. I had almost let my tongue loose and lost any chance of getting with that hunk! Turning slightly, I saw a mousy looking girl lead him away, her eyes met mine with power. I bore her down, forcing the tacky looking girl to turn around.

Suddenly a girl was tapping my shoulder. Turning, I saw a red haired young woman behind me. What was her problem, didn't she see my dress was made completely out of french leather? No commoner could touch me anyway, that was the rules.

"Do you know where culinary classes are?" she asked, her eyes shining.

I blinked at her, biting the insides to stop myself from commenting on her cheap makeup. She had come off the bus with that hunky guy, maybe I could use her to get to him. A smile, fake of course, spread across my face.

"I have that class!" I chirped, "Come with me, I'll show you."

I began to walk, flicking my blond hair over my shoulder. A few guys ogled at me as I walked past them, giving each of them (well the good looking ones) flirtatious smiles.

"You're new, aren't you?" I decided to speak, so we weren't walking in silence.

"Yes, and all my friends." She replied obviously remembering seeing me coming out of my red Porsche.

"Who was the red haired guy." When she game a conspicuous look I hurried on, "I wanted to apologize again, I wasn't looking where I was going."

The girl nodded; "I'll tell Corbin." Corbin - a cute name for a cute guy.

Ester Alice:

OMG! We're not on in Kansas anymore, Toto! Sitting down in my chair, I glanced over at Corbin beside me. That girl - Bianca; wasn't it - had my jealousy raider going off the metre board. How dare she use her...her...her busts and cleavage to - flirt with Corbin. I frowned at my desk; Corbin wasn't mine. What do you think; that no one is going to flirt with him? Shut up Brain! I didn't ask your opinion.

Corbin glanced at me worriedly. I grinned friendly trying to act like nothing had happened.
I spy!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:38 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Isn't this extremely similar to the one Sakin's doing?
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 pm
Dragonet says...

Well, forsaken got the idea from us, she even says that at the beginning of her story book.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Did you not read the first post where I said this SB inspired me, and I even gave them credit...
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:47 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Ack! I get it, I get it! Yeesh. xD
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:48 pm
Calligraphy says...

Sorry this isn't detailed, but I have only been in school for like a month in third grade.

Micheal Webb

I sat in the desk next Blake. By the time the class was finished I was fidgeting so bad I swear my desk was almost hot enough to burn because of friction. I just couldn't pay attention. My knee went up and down three million times and I rubbed a hole in my pen. Who even needed to know this crap? I had thought school would be fun! But, it was just learning like Ashton said. What were those reality TV shows thinking. I would probably find out soon.

Finally we were dismissed. A tan guy with shaggy brown hair walked out behind us. He had been sitting next to Blake. I looked at him closely. He seemed like he would be nice enough. Slightly baggy jeans, a T-shirt, a muscular stocky build, slightly roundish face (baby fat?), but then I met his eyes. Everything changed because he was checking Blake out. I knew what he was thinking. I hated it. I hated this stupid school where everyone was staring at everyone else. Everyone having dirty thoughts about everyone else. Of course it didn't cross my mind that Blake could defend herself. She didn't need my help, and that this guy hadn't made any actual moves towards her yet. None of that crossed my mind until I was in the principle's office.

The dude held his nose. I still didn't feel bad I'd messed up his beautiful face. What worried me is that I had only hit him once and he was down. My hand hadn't even hurt. It hadn't been a fight at all. I had forgotten that I could easily kill him. The principle was tall, tall and hard. He looked more like a drill Sargent than a principle. I looked him in the eye. He gave me a speech about what I had done and all that bla bla bla. ..... <what punishment would I get?>

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:09 am
fictionfanatic says...

Kaylee:

As I walked to my next class I passed the principle's office. Through the open door I saw Michel and some guy holding his bloody nose. My eyes widened and I said to Bianca "I'll be right back!" I ran into the office and stood impatiently. By the time he came out I was late to class and people in the office were giving me strange looks, which I ignored. He didn't look at all surprised to see me standing there. Grabbing him by the shirt I nearly dragged him out into the hall.

"What were you thinking?" I said in a hushed tone "Do you realize how easily you can kill him? You could kill him with your pinky if you wanted to!" I looked at his eyes and gave a knowing sigh "Michel, Blake is a big girl. She's strong. She can defend herself." He said nothing and I gave another sigh "Think of it as a test of loyalty. If she likes you, I mean really likes you, then she'll make him back away. But you can't protect her from everything Michel. Please, be careful. And remember, we can't afford to be found."

With I smile I gave him a sisterly kiss on the cheek. Wiping the lipstick off his cheek I said teasingly "I love you, but sometimes you drive me mad. I'll see you at lunch." With that I turned and casually went to my next class.
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:05 am
Dragonet says...

A.J.

My first class went well, so did my second. I guess it was easier for me since I hadn't lived most of my life on an island. I passed a couple of the winged ones in the hall way, to and from classes. Except for that, the only one that I really saw was Caroline. According to our schedules we shared almost every class together. I wasn't sure if that was good or bad.

One time when I walked into a class I caught a couple people whispering and pointing and I heard the words "emo" and "goth." I looked down at my skinny black jeans, black muscle shirt, black sneakers, black backpack, black hair, black arm bands. I suppose I couldn't blame them. And not to mention the scar on my arm from the car accident that had left my right arm practically useless.

One kid walked up to me and Carry with a friendly smile and I guessed that had decided to be our greeter. "Hey there!" he said. "You guys new around here?"

I nodded.

"You guys from around here?"

I shook my head.

"Just moved here?"

I nodded.

"I'm Justin, what's your name?"

I didn't answer. Caroline said, "I'm Carry, that's A.J." He smiled at me, "cool sneakers." I smiled back. He frowned. Out of the corner of his mouth he whispered to Carry, "Is he mute?"

She gave a short laugh, "No, he just doesn't talk much." Justin looked at me, like he was expecting some kind of proof. All I did was wink. After looking me over he gave Carry an unbelieving look.

"Well, nice meeting you." he didn't look sure about that. "I've got to get to my seat." He left and Carry and I sat down.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Random avatar

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:15 pm
Calligraphy says...

Micheal Webb

I rubbed my cheek again. It felt like there was still huge red lip marks on it, but I knew they weren't. The guy walked out. "Sorry man." I said. "But, stay away from my girlfriend." I have him a glare. Of course we had to have the next class together. Of course we had to walk in halfway through and of course everyone stared as we went to our seats right next to each other. I hunched down staring at my Science book. This day was going way worse than I thought it would. I was supposed to be like popular right away or something. I wished desperately to have my music, but here I couldn't just run away here I had to stick it out. The dude passed me a note. I guess he realized that I didn't have a cellphone. In awful handwriting it said: DUDE waz that hot chick ur mom or what. I resisted the urge to punch him and made a fist under my desk. He saw it, but kept his cool. This is our conversation:

Yeah. She's a pain in the you know what though. What's your name?
Haha Shes hot Nick you?
Not when she is grounding you. Micheal
Whats that girls name the one you were all protective of..
Blake, I'll kill you if
I got the message already. I'll stay away. You new?
Yeah whats it to you?
I was just wondering!!!!! You have some anger issues man.

I stopped because the teacher was giving assignments and Kaylee would kill me if I didn't get good grades. For some reason I hated this guy, but I also liked him. The whole questions thing had made all my alerts go up. Was that what normal people did? Tell other people everything about themselves. It must be. He thought I was a lunatic when I got so touchy. The class was dismissed and we walked out into the hall. I almost ran into Marvel. "Hey man." He shoved me again this time on purpose. I went to hit him, but he easily dogged. I realized that I had playfully hit him the way hit .... Nick. Marvel tried to smash into me I stepped back witch made him go into nick. He had been walking next to us. Had I made an alliance? "Nick this is Marvel, Marvel this is nick." I said in the Secretary's out of breath voice. "Now I will knock your heads together" They both laughed. Maybe this was going better than I thought?

As we walked my mind wondered. How was everyone else doing? I mostly thought about Blake.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:57 pm
Yuriiko says...

Caroline:

As AJ and I sat down, I examined the unfamiliar students around me. They didn't seem to be nervous at all. My hands were resting on my lap which was a little bit covered with sweat. Wanting to break the silence, I turned my face to AJ. Yep, he was my seatmate.

"Are you okay? You nervous?"

An uncertain smile spread across his face.

"I'm... fine." He gave out an anxious laugh and erratically drummed his fingers against the wooden desk. I guess he was. It was a good thing he and I almost shared the same classes together. Being the weird and silent girl in the school would be an embarrassing title if ever would be given to me. I mean, I didn't want to go to different rooms all alone. Then I thought of the strange kid who greeted us, Justin. The wink that AJ gave him reminded me and I snickered at it.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded. I guess he was thinking I'm weird now- laughing without a reason was probably the last thing he would expect from me.

"Nothing," I paused then continued, "So what's our next subject?"

"Trigonometry."

A scowl appeared on my face.

"I'm going to hate this subject. I mean, I don't deal well with numbers." I gestured my hand and heaved a sigh.

AJ shrugged but I suppose he'd like everything about Math. After few seconds, a tall woman with a curly brown hair hanging around her stiff shoulder went inside the room and placed a book on the table in front of us. Our math teacher..., I thought.

AJ and I shared a worried look.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:34 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lunch time!

Kaylee:

Looking down at my schedule I saw that lunch was next. I followed the crowd to the cafeteria. Looking around I spotted some of the family and-who the heck are they? Walking over I said "Hey. Who's everyone?" I looked at one of the guys "Isn't that the guy you punched in the face?" Micheal laughed and said "Yup. One of many." My eyebrows rose and he said "He's the only one I hit today. Promise."

When I sat down I heard someone behind me whisper "Di you see that goth guy?" "Yeah, I think he's a mute." "No, he just doesn't talk." "Is he goth or emo?" "I don't know. Probably be both. But have you seen him" "Yeah, he's really cute. It sucks that he's goth and emo. That would totally ruin our reputation." By then I was clutching the end of the table so hard it could have broken. Micheal put a hand over mine and locked eyes with me. Chill out he seemed to say. I let go of the table and ran my hand through my hair "I'm going to go find A.J. Be back in a minute."
Live, Love, Laugh

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:06 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

Other than first period, all of my classes were by myself, exempt of winged ones. By lunch time I was freaking shaking, I needed to move so badly. Walking into the cafeteria, I saw my group. The winged ones. I rushed over to them. I better have afternoon classes with them, or I might just have to ditch.

I picked out Michel's purple hair, walked up to him, and whacked him on the back of his head. "Are you an idiot?! Do you even realize how stupid that was?"

"I know, but--"

"And I can take care of myself. I'm not some weak little damsel in distress or whatever other crap. I mean, I can stand longer in a fight than you can!"

"I know, but--"

"Do you know how much trouble you could have been in? You are such an idiot--"

Michel leaned down and kissed me. To shut me up. Have I ever mentioned that this is a very nice way for a guy to shut a girl up? Just for future reference.... Michel pulled away and looked down at me.

"I know. I was stupid. I'm sorry." It would be so much easier to be mad at him if he didn't have such perfect purple sapphire eyes.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm still mad at you."

Looking over, past Michel's shoulder, I saw the guy from first period. The guy Michel decked.

"Aren't you the one he punched?"

"Yep," said the guy. "Name's Nick."

Turning back to Michel, I said, "You make the weirdest friends." Then I sat down the eat the lunch Kaylee packed me.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

25 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:56 pm
Dragonet says...

A.J.

I looked up to see Kaylee walking toward me. I was just on my way to the cafeteria to find the winged ones, but she came to me. "Want to talk?" she asked. I shrugged and sat down, right there in the hall way, and leaned against a locker. Caroline got the hint and walked on to launch.

Just then a boy walked up to me. "You're sitting in front of my locker." I shrugged and crossed my arms. "So move." he growled." I raised my eyebrows and stayed where I was.

"AJ..." Kaylee warned. I sighed and scooted over. The kid got his launch and mumbled, "emo freak," before walking away.

When he left, Kaylee sat down next to me. "AJ, the kids at this school..."

"Think I'm goth, mute, weird?" I finished for her. "Yeah, I know."

She put a hand on my shoulder, "Well, they don't know the real you, just ignore them."

I smiled. "I do."

She frowned, "Then why don't you prove to them that they're wrong? Why don't you talk?"

"You mean why don't I at least try to fit in?" I said. She tried to say something like "that's not what I meant" but I cut her off. "To tell you the truth, I like to be different, to be weird. Everyone wants to be the same as everyone else, but what's the fun in that? Besides it's fun. Let them think what they want to think. It's my secret. I get a kick out of it because I know they're wrong. They're making a fool out of themselves and they don't even know it."

Kaylee smiled and I think she understood. "You're right. People could learn something from you, AJ." And then she turned to me, "You know, that's the most I think I've ever heard you say. Even if I put all of what you've ever said together."

I smiled, "Just don't tell anyone."

"Why?" she asked. I just shrugged. She sighed, "I suppose you're back to you old, quiet self?" I nodded. "Ok I'll accept it, lets go to launch."
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:31 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

So sorry I haven't posted, could someone tell me whats going on?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:03 pm
Calligraphy says...

We are all eating lunch.

Micheal Webb

I sat next Blake. What I really needed to was do some fighting training or something. I was so pumped for gym class. I hoped I would do O.K. In order to get ready I had watched a lot of sports and kind of memorized the rules. It was really awful. Sports weren't my thing. They seemed very lame next to fighting for your life. I bit into my pizza. Grease dripped out running down my arm. I wiped it up. Gross. I was used to a lean diet of whatever we could get our hands on. Not pure fat. I would always use up the calories, but still! I drained it a bit the started again. "Is the food always this bad?" I asked Nick. "Yup."
"What's your next period?"
"Gym, just to give you heads up Mr. Anderson doesn't cut any slack. Plus, he jumps into everything the first day."

An existential crisis a day keeps the writer's block away <3
— LadyBug