Young Writers Society

Academy for Heroes-In-Training: Redux - No Longer Active

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:40 am
Octave says...

Posting to revive this SB. I won't let it die. :D

Nolan Lehnsherr - First day of class, right after O-Week

Wonderful. Just wonderful. First day of class and he already had a slight limp and bruises all over, plus a bandage on his head. That little idiot was going to pay.

After this.

Corda was nice enough to slow down so he wouldn't have to walk - limp - too fast, but he could tell she was getting impatient. After all, they had to make it to Anti-Villainy and out before class began.

The two speed demons passed by him in the hall. One donned a bandage around his head while the maniac who'd crashed into him in the lunchroom had a number of patches where his burns were most severe. In addition, the redhead's limp was worse than Nolan.

They came so close to being expelled. Luckily - or unluckily - Dawno had intervened. But now Nolan owed Dawno one, and that couldn't be good.

He had half a mind to burn Crazy Liz six feet underground right now.

Darn it all.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:42 pm
cheeb says...

Better do my part! >.>

Zeke: Week 1, Monday, 8:45am (a little before Kara's post)

I can't believe I still have to wear this bandage, Zeke thought, annoyed. Kiat got hers off after like a day...
Kiat was, of course, the pink balloon girl he'd taken with him to the infirmary after the madness of Day One. They'd introduced themselves while Dr Banner had treated their burned eyes. Apparently Kiat had actually taken much less of the chilli sauce to the eyes, so she'd only had to wear her bandage for a day or two. Zeke, on the other hand, had received a direct hit and hadn't had the sense to wash it out while waiting for Dr Banner (like Kiat had), so he was stuck with the thing for an extra few weeks.

He seemed to have gotten off easy, though. The electric speedster, Kumo's roomie Bart (so he had learned over the past week) had exploded again, and the psychic guy, who seemed to be Bart's rival or something, had had some kind of a breakdown.
Bart had also taken some kind of fascination to Zeke, perhaps intrigued by the challenge of another speedster to compete with, and would follow him around for minutes at a time insisting he was faster and begging for a(nother?) race. He was doing so right now, as a matter of fact.

Speak of the devil. It was the psychic teen, whose name Zeke hadn't yet learned, and the snake-loving girl Corda who had been shooting Zeke dirty looks at every opportunity. Yeah, this was a great place to make friends. Thanks, mom and dad.

"So I'll see you in class, right?" Bart was saying.
"I guess so. I'll take a gamble and assume you'll be in Speed Training as well?"
"Yeah, and we also share Sparring and Energy Channelling," the boy replied. "I checked the listings," he added in response to Zeke's confused look. "I didn't know your last name but I looked and one of the last names was The Hedgehog and you're the only guy I've seen here who looks like a hedgehog so I figured it was probably -"
"Right, right. And do you have any classes now?"
"Nope! We're both fast and free as the wind! Race you 'round the outer wall of the Academy!"
Zeke mumbled and muttered and finally said, "Ok, ok. Three laps and then I'm gonna go back to the dorm."

"Three, two, one... Go!" Bart called and took off like a cheetah. Zeke waited for a few seconds and then turned the other way and bolted in the opposite direction, towards the dorms.
Back at the dorm, he checked his timetable, which was pinned up on the door right underneath Dierdrie's in a helpful gesture of hers. Despite his less-than-brilliant first week at the place, he was kind of looking forward to his first class in the afternoon, Transformation. Zeke had heard about the many times his grandfather had transformed into a shining golden warrior to save Mobius, and could hardly wait until he managed to pull it off himself. He slumped on his bed and admired the Chaos Emerald sitting on his nightstand - remember to take that to classes, he thought. Shadow said I'll need it.

I's sleepy... so this isn't my best post ever. D:
the user formerly known as chibibo

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 pm
Bloo says...

Bart, Week 1, Monday, 8:50

Heh, I was destroying that furry dude. I finally had gotten him to give me a proper race, he had nothing on me though. One lap and he wasn't close to me. On the second lap I was looking for him, so I could laugh when I lapped him. Third lap I felt like an idiot. The blue guy had ditched me, I was gonna kill him. Or I would have if I hadn't been put on Probation. Mr. Kent had told me that they let people off easy during O-week, people often were a little off it when they were there. So, he chalked it off to me wanting to prove myself, and getting out of hand. Sucker.

They had kept me in the Infirmary over O-Week, because of my injuries, my skin was still covered mostly in bandages, and I was limping still. Unlike the Flashes before me, I wasn't a speedster when it came to healing. Bolt, and Liam, were being held in the familiar stable, while being nursed, and also held from u8s for being dangerous. I missed the dude nipping my hair.

I limped slowly back to my dorm, three laps having made my muscles sore and my body tired. I couldn't risk another explosion. I was a bit afraid to return to my room, Kumo probably wanted to kill me still. But I was too tired to care right then. I entered my room, passing Kumo who was sharping/cleaning her sword. That was as frighting as a care bear. A care bear who was eating your brain. She gave me the stink eye, but I waved her away and laid down.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Elizabeth, week 1, Monday; B Dorms-9:02am:

Yawning, I rolled over to check the time. I had no classes until after lunch so I was just being lazy until then... If only my roommate would stop staring at me-I was stuck with Alexis, the girl that Nolan's snake was trying to kill last week and I had been moved during the rest of O-week. I was now in B3. So it was only one room. I'd have preferred my own room.

I slowly got up and changed before leaving the dorm. I was wondering if I could still get breakfast or not. That voice was back but I was trying hard to ignore it's whisperings.

I was heading for he cafeteria when I saw Bart, the guy who'd picked a fight with Nolan go speeding by. A few seconds later and he was limping back towards the dorm.

"Don't you have classes today?" I asked when he was close enough. He had several bandages on him, including one wrapped around his leg. I knew that that was where Nolan had lodged the steak knife during the fight and tried not to laugh or let the voice laugh instead of me.

Bart sighed and looked up. "No," he said and paused watching me. "You have classes, right?" he asked. I nodded and rubbed my neck. "What're you doing?"

I shrugged and looked around, spotting Nolan giving Bart an evil glare. I sighed and walked away from Bart. He gave me a strange look and kept walking-well, limped. I smirked and glanced towards Nolan. He was frowning.

Okay, I thought. This whole thing is getting weird. I tore my eyes away from Nolan and broke into a jog.

Why don't you start another fight? You know you want to. Great, the voice was back.

"Shut up," I muttered and ignored the weird looks from a couple of people passing by.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Orelia, Infirmary, 9:00 am, week 1

My eyes fluttered open, and I groaned. The infirmary? That would teach me not to push myself beyond my limits. I had been out cold for hours. I felt better though, and stretched my legs over the side. A man who I recognized as Mr. Banner walked over.

"Leaving?" he asked. I nodded.

"Power overuse. I'm fine now." I explained. He made a note of something and nodded.

"Alright, then. Classes have started, so you better check your schedule." He suggested, and went back to check on other patients. Apparently, even the food fights here were deadly. I really didn't want to miss any classes on the first day, so I literally streaked back to my dorm room in the B-block, and stopped panting, in the doorway. Apparently, I was still a little drained.
I grabbed my schedule inside. My first class started at... nine. I checked my watch- I was already five minutes late. I streaked down the hallway to my class, bursting in just as the teacher began to speak.

"Nice of you to join us, Miss..." she checked her clipboard with student's names on it. "...Carmeline. Please take a seat. I hop you won't be tardy in the future." I nodded and sat down at a table, a large... cauldron? in front of me. I settled down in my seat.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:39 am
Kale says...

((Revive! Revive!))

Corda - Hallway - First Day of Class - 8:40 AM

The day had barely begun, and already Corda was wishing she'd stayed in bed. She still wasn't fully over the embarrassment of being concussed by a cake; everyone else believed it was Bart's explosion that had knocked her out, but Corda knew better, and it rankled. She couldn't even take consolation in having single-handedly sent most of the student population to the infirmary because the red-headed pervert's explosion had taken everyone out. Still, cake concussion aside, Corda had to admit a healthy respect for the white-haired girl's strength of arm. She only hoped she could mend the whole tray-in-the-face business before the white-haired girl decided to throw something else at her.

Nolan was lagging behind with his limp, so Corda slowed down for him, holding back a sigh as she remembered why they were walking down the hall before class. While it was great that Dawno had bailed them out, Corda couldn't help but feel mistrustful of the man; he had goaded Nolan, after all.

Bart and the blue hedgehog passed by, and Corda couldn't help shooting a glare at the pair. If it weren't for Bart, she could have probably made more friends, gained the trust of the faculty, and eventually get out of Anti-Villainy Counselling, but no. Bart had to come along with his red whirlwindy self and mess everything up. And the hedgehog wasn't entirely blameless either. If he hadn't messed up her papers, Corda never would have tried to trip him, and Bart would have never tripped over Sylvester, and Nolan would never have gotten involved in the bauble incident, and...

And she was working herself into a right mood before the day had even really started. Glancing back at Nolan, though, Corda saw she wasn't the only one. At least she had company.

The reached Dawno's office without any incident (thankfully). Corda didn't bother with knocking, for once, and just opened the door. Nolan looked mildly surprised, but Corda paid no mind; the sooner they got this meeting over with, the sooner they could leave. Surely Nolan agreed with that sentiment.

As Corda's eyes adjusted to the dimness of the office, she saw Dawno sitting, unperturbed, at behind his desk, the shadow of a smirk upon his lips.

"Miss Corda, Mr. Lehnsherr, what a pleasure it is too see you. Oh? But where is Miss Pyreta?" He watched Nolan over steepled fingers. Nolan merely stared, and Dawno eventually said, "No matter. I suppose the two of you are wondering why I asked you here. No?"

Corda glared at Dawno, her expression saying "Get to the point."

"Such hostility." Dawno looked more amused than anything. "Could it be that you're still sore about that incident in the cafeteria? I could help you get revenge," he said almost flippantly, as if he were talking about the weather or some other trivial matter.

"Not interested," replied Corda, her voice flat. She was quite capable of avenging herself, and even if she wasn't, Dawno was the last person she'd work with. She expected Nolan felt the same, though she glanced at him for reassurance. He was her ally. She hoped.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:42 am
Octave says...

Nolan Lehnsherr - 8.50 AM First day of class - Anti-Villainy Classroom

Nolan's silence told Dawno everything. He agreed with Corda and was wholeheartedly with her all the way. He didn't need any help taking that prick down fifty notches, and he most certainly didn't need Dawno's help for anything.

Besides, what kind of anti-villainy teacher offered to help make students vengeful anyway? This had to be their first test of the year or something.

"I wanted to give you a choice, but I'm afraid I'm running out of patience. This isn't a request, Mr. Lehnsherr."

Damn it, why was that question addressed to him alone? Because Dawno wanted to present some form of chivalry?

Nolan's fists clenched together and his nails dug into his palms. "Are you blackmailing me?"

"I wouldn't call it that. I'm...collecting the favor you owe me."

"What favor?" Corda spat.

It took Nolan by surprise. She answered for him. That was nice of her.

"I saved both of you from being expelled. I think that makes you - how do you call it? - owe me one." Dawno smirked and continued writing.

The man was right and he knew it. Nolan wanted to bash his head against the wall for being so stupid. Why?! Why did he allow that idiot to pick a fight with him?! Involuntarily he faced the wall beside him and felt Corda touch his shoulder. She must have known what he was about to do.

"Are you even allowed to call in favors?" Corda asked.

Dawno's smile was vicious. "Would they honestly believe you if you told on them? Remember Nolan, they trust me more than they do you after that little episode in the canteen."

Dawno pushed him to do it. It wasn't entirely Nolan's fault. Nolan took a few deep breaths. He could practically feel the rage emanating off Corda. He needed to cap this situation before it exploded as well.

"Fine. I'll do what you want. But you have to leave Corda alone."

Dawno mulled it over for a moment and Nolan waited with bated breath. Beside him, Corda's mouth hung open.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

39 Reviews

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:40 am
Bloo says...

Bart has leveled up! He is now level 1!

Bart-9:30 Monday, Week one

Who the heck was this Dawno person? He had randomly called my room and told me to come to his office. He probably wanted to talk to me before Anti-Villainy, asking me why I was a
psychopath." I saw Nolan and his girlfriend, Codra I thought, walk out when I got there. We gave each other the stink eye, and I was tempted to give him a blast of lightning, but decided it be bad to do it in front of Dawno.I ran through the crack in the door, and shut it before either of us started a fight.

"Hello Mr. Bishop, how nice of you to join me," He said. The back of his chair was to me. I took a seat on top of a desk and took out a deck of cards. I always shuffled cards when I was jittery, and I had just chugged a few cokes.

"What am I here for?" I finally asked, after a minute of pure silence.

"Simple," Mr. Dawno said, and swirled slowly in his chair. It took me a moment to realize why he looked familiar, I thought it was from orientation or something. Nope, it was the old due from the cafe. The one who basically told me to attack Nolan. What kind of ANTI-Villainy teacher was this dude? "You see mr. Bishop, Nolan and Corda are a little mad at you." A Little was an understatement. "Now, I offer you protection from them.

"What do you get from helping me?" I asked, it was a simple question, yet he laughed for some odd reason.

"I'm a teacher, young man," He said. "Is';t that reason enough?" He gave me a reassuring smile. I didn't buy it.

"If it were that simple, you wouldn't have needed me to come here," I said. "And you wouldn't be acting like a nut job."

He smiled again. This dude gave me the creeps in a major way. "Listen Mr. Bishop. You need my help. You have made many enemies in this short time, and most of them wouldn't care to bloody their hands."

"Let them try you Geezer," I said, and let my cards at him like a spring. I ran out of the room, my leg aching from it. I ran until I got around the hall, and then screamed into a a janitor's closet. That last explosion had messed me up. Mr. Banner said it should be fine by speed training, but I was seriously doubting that dude.

I walked out of the closet, and came face to face with a strange face. I had to stare at her for awhile to figure out who she was. She just stared at me too, like a creepy little doll. It finally hit me, Jazz? Kally? Liz? Yeah, Liz. She was the one who started the food fight. "Hey, I said, putting my hand out. She reached to shake, but when she grabbed my hand, it was more like she was trying to break it. "What the hell?"
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 am
ScarlettFire says...

Elizabeth, Monday-Week One-9:34am:

I stared at him. Bart. Yes, I knew it was weird and creepy but I couldn't control myself. I just had...to...stare and yes, I wanted to kill him. Crap, not good.

Just a little longer, Liz, the voice whispered. Just a little longer and then you can have it back. I was pretty sure 'it' meant my body. I imagine myself glaring at the voice and heard it's laughter echoing through my head.

"What the hell?" I looked up to see Bart frowning at me and my hand practically crushing his.

Stop! I shouted but the voice ignored me.

"This is punishment for hurting my Nolan," I heard myself say but it wasn't me. It was that other me. Oh, shit. No, no, no. It wasn't actually going to--

As I watched it twisted Bart's arm. I gasped and blinked, and suddenly I was myself again. I let go of Bart's hand.

"Sorry," I whispered but then he launched himself at me. I didn't even have time to dodge. Suddenly I wasn't me again. Crap, wouldn't it give me a break? "Ha," I taunted. Me but not me. "This will be fun."

And then it started laughing, attracting the attention of several people nearby. I was vaguely aware of Alex behind me and of Nolan and Corda leaving the Anti-vill room. Oh, shit. Not an audience!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:40 am
Lumi says...

Alexis Pyreta | First Day of Classes | 9:42am

Like a flash, the action began. I stood and watched as Liz fell to the ground, pinned by Bart. People were gathering around at the first signs of a fight, and I stood completely still, imagining myself far, far away, in the midst of a flowered field. But the two on the ground began to grapple with eachother. My flowery vision quickly faded, and the rage-voice behind my reddening ears whispered to me.

Protect Liz. She is your only conveyance.

Ignoring those gathering, I obeyed the voice, opening the palms of my hands around two ruby red fireballs. My vision darkened, and I stood in the midst of a burning field of black lilacs. The aroma captivated me, and I dove onto Bart as an animal on its prey, my hands burning down into his flesh.

In my head, I was merely protecting a friend.

The screams around me vanished and I pushed deeper into his face, the smoldering red glow of my hands vanishing as hands grabbed violently at my shoulders, prying me away from the smell of blasted flesh.

Their brute force broke my vision, and I hung off the ground, suspended in someone's arms, face-to-face with Dawno.

"Ah, Miss Pyreta... I've been pondering your location." He grinned, peering down at Bart's smoking flesh. "Hmm..." Once he turned back, I averted my gaze, losing my focus as the duo dropped me back to the ground. In all my attempts, I forced my vision to return to me. The smell of burning candles, lilacs, violets... Anything but this hallway; not these people.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and my perfect world shattered like a mirror once more. My palms spread again, and I lunged forward at Dawno, feeling his mind probing my own. Before I could make contact, a force repelled me and my rage snuffed out under the cold of water thrown from a bucket.

"Pyreta! Get a grip!" I heard Nolan shout from worlds away, but my head was spinning and I lost my focus.

"I don't... Feel alive..." I coughed, spattering out water. "Help?" The hall grew dark, spinning in a bizzare array of colors and voices. But I was certain...that I was following Liza to Dawno's classroom... Undisturbed and giggling like small girls.

Hands grabbed me once more and I blinked, dropping cold in their hands, whoever it was.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

39 Reviews

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:21 am
Bloo says...

Bart- first day of class- 9:50

If it wasn't for the fact I was used to getting burned, I probably would have been Bart soup. I tried to get up, but it was as if everything from the last week broke through a damn.

"You are in pain," I heard Nolan hiss into my ear. "You feel as if you will never walk, or breath again. You feel like you will die." I didn't even have the ability to think after this, let alone persevere(sp?) time. It was just one really long scream, that eventually lead to a dream, that was just me screaming.

I woke up in the infirmary, a gas mask was strapped to me, pumping what I figured was laughing gas, or something to keep me asleep. I couldn't feel any part of my body. it was both creepy and relaxing at the same time. It didn't last long though. The second I was awake, I was in pain again. My screams were muffled by the mask, and I saw the towering Mr. Banner run over to me. He turned some spouts, as if the gas would help. It wouldn't.

I kept screaming, as he panicked trying to get me to sleep again. He ran, and fumbled to get something into a needle. He ran over, and didn't bother trying to find a vain, and just stabbed me with it. The needle acted like a conductor, and the plastic holding the drug melted. I was drained, so my body was doing what it did, give me power. If I didn;t calm down fast, I might blow up for the last time.

"WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING BART?!?!?!?" Mr. Banner yelled at me. "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!"

Like a switch, my body just stopped hurting, my mouth could shut, and I felt drowsy. I only had time to say one word before I fell asleep again. "Nolan."

When I came too I was in my room. Kumo sat on her bed, not even noticing me. Fine by me. I looked on my night stand and saw a bottle of some bright red drink. A post-it with chicken scratch said to drink it, so I did. The thing must have been pure energy, because I was awake right after. Awake with a vengeance, and an errand.

I sprinted out of my room, and didn't realize till I ran into the wall, that my left eye was covered in a bandage. That crazy fire chick. I recovered quickly, and ran back out, I needed to find Dawno. When I got to his office, he was just leaning back, sipping a glass of scotch. "Mr.Bishop, what a suprise," he said without changing expression.

"I'm in," I said solemnly.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:06 pm
skutter11 says...

This is my first!
Arthur Gravesend-First day of Class-Hallway

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap! I can't believe that I'm late here! I had to just dump my stuff in the Dorm, and now I am running through the corridors to the Potions room. The orphanage JUST had to be late sending my application, now look, me running through this-this maze of rooms and corridors, book under my arm and banging into my side. Arrgh! Oh here's the room. Alright, alright, relax. Don't over do it. Just walk in and go to your seat. "Oh, so you have arrived, Mr. Gravesend", said the teacher. "Y-yessir", is that my voice? Is that MY voice? Damn my English accent! "Well, sit down, then", the teacher said. What was his name, again? It doesn't matter. Now I am in my seat. Right then, notepad? Check, Potions book? Check, Pen?, Pen? Holy Crap! Where's my pen?!. Oh God, I'll just have to ask for one. "Excuse me?", I ask the person next to me, "May I have a pen?", Oh how I hate my accent!,"Here you go", said the person, passing it to me. "Thank you", I reply. Things might be looking up!
Last edited by skutter11 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:31 pm
cheeb says...

If you're wondering why I'm not posting as Zeke, read the DT.

Koko, Potions & Brews teacher
First day of class, 9:10, D-Block

It's five minutes past starting time! Koko thought, annoyed. Where IS everyone?

Only three students had arrived: Ms Alicia Foley, a blue-eyed girl with a pixie cut, had been waiting at the door when Koko had arrived at 8:55; Ms Kumo Strife, a white-haired girl with a large sword on her back, had come in at nine sharp; and another girl had run in five minutes later. She now took the opportunity to check the roll, and learned that this girl was Ms Orelia Carmeline. Despite her tardiness, she and Ms Foley seemed quite enthusiastic to get started, at least compared to Kumo who was looking somewhat bored; Koko felt a little better.

Just then a lanky-looking kid walked in, panting. Looking down, clearly hoping not to be noticed, he headed for the seat next to Ms Carmeline.

"Ah, so you have arrived, Mr..." Koko muttered as she scanned the roll, "... Gravesend?"
"Y-yes, sir," the poor boy stuttered. Koko stifled a giggle.
"Well, sit down, then," she grinned. "And for future reference, I prefer ma'am, or Koko, to sir."

She then climbed onto her desk and sat, facing the four students in the classroom.
"So, is everyone here?" Koko asked as she pored over her roll. "According to this, we're still waiting for a Ms -"
"Jennifer Preacher!"

The second voice came from the doorway as a red-haired girl ran in. "I'm Jen..." she panted. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be late... see -"
Koko was laughing now. "Child, calm down!" she chuckled. "So you're a few minutes late. It happens! You're here now, aren't you?"

As Jen sat down, Koko shuffled around to the back of her large cauldron.
"So, I'm Koko, and this is the Potions and Brews class," she announced. "But you'll all know that, because of your timetables. Now as to what we'll be doing..."
She turned her head towards Ms Strife. "You, Ms Strife; can I rightly assume that you are related to, or at least familiar with, the famed swordsman Cloud Strife?"
Kumo glanced up at the sound of her name, and nodded.
"Good! So you'll know what Phoenix Down is."
Kumo's eyes widened slightly, and she nodded again.
"Would you mind explaining to everyone?"
Kumo reluctantly got to her feet, turned to the other students and stated in a monotone, "Phoenix Down is the feather of a phoenix, and can be used to heal someone that is near death due to injuries in battle."
"Lovely," said Koko. "It is, however, more than that. You can't simply pluck a feather from a phoenix and hope that will work; no, the feather's got to be properly treated, stripped of any lingering spells from the phoenix itself, and only then can a new spell be applied to it."

Koko took a phoenix feather from the shelf on the wall behind her. "I use Phoenix Down only as an example. What we're going to start with this first week is the potion that will, when mixed correctly, remove any spells currently applied to an object. It won't work for more powerful spells, and there are ways to protect objects from it, but it's still a very useful thing to know."
With that, Koko opened the door to her vast ingredients shelf and began typing the recipe for the "Dispell Potion" onto the projector.
the user formerly known as chibibo

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 pm
AquaMarine says...

**Sorry I haven't posted in a while!**

Alicia Foley.

"Dispell Potion," Alicia muttered to herself, reaching into her bag and fetching out another pen. She'd just lent her first to the rather timid English guy sitting next to her. Alicia had felt happy when she'd heard his accent; it was nice to not be the only one here who spoke in a British accent.

She was nervous, yes, Alicia had to admit that. The first week had been, well, quiet. For the first few days, she had had a room to herself, and most of her time was spent unpacking and wandering around the school. Other students seemed to have formed friendships, and quite a few rivalries, within the space of a few days. So far, Alicia hadn't really spoken to anyone.

Alicia looked across to Orelia Carmeline. They were room-mates now that the dorms had been changed. Orelia was nice, of course, but seemed to be sort of an ... airhead. And there was something else about her, something weird.

Shaking her head, Alicia returned to looked at what Koko was typing up on the board.

Ok, better concentrate. May as well make a good impression ...
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 am
Kale says...

Corda - Anti-Villainy Classroom - First Day of Class - 9:00 AM

"Fine. I'll do what you want. But you have to leave Corda alone."

Corda's jaw dropped. How dare he! She was perfectly capable of taking care of herself and dealing with Dawno. She didn't need anyone to be gallantly chivalrous and protect her! Corda was just about to say something to this effect when her sense caught up to her. If Dawno agreed to this and kept his word (which Corda though unlikely), it mean one less problem for her to deal with. Besides, she didn't think Nolan would take kindly to having his generosity rebuffed, and after seeing what he'd done to Bart, Corda knew she definitely didn't want to get on Nolan's bad side.

So Corda shut her mouth and stayed silent, though she couldn't stop herself from glaring at the wall opposite Nolan's direction. She'd talk to him about this later.

Dawno looked mulled the proposition over for a moment before he burst out in laughter. Even the combined withering power of Corda's and Nolan's glares could not halt him; in fact, they seemed to encourage him, and it took him almost ten minutes to calm down. Even so, there was a constant smile tugging the corners of his mouth as he said, "Mr. Lehnsherr, if that is all that's required to get you to join me--" The villainous anti-villainy teacher's gaze dwelt on Corda as he spoke. "--then you have my word that I, Isaac Dawno, will leave Miss Corda alone."

Nolan gave a curt bow before he left the room, Corda following closely behind. Her seething mood was not improved by passing Bart, and she stopped walking to send the detestable speedster a particularly scathing glare, following the pervert with her eyes. Her mood was further darkened when she saw him enter the class room she and Nolan had just left; it just confirmed to her that Dawno was up to no good. At least no one else was in the hall, so she could give a particular someone a piece of her mind.

"Nolan," she began, not bothering to hide her anger, "what was that?"

Nolan stopped limping and turned to look at her. "What was what?" he snapped.

"That deal you just made with Dawno."

Nolan looked stunned, but it quickly changed to fury. "I thought you of all people would be grateful!"

"Oh, I am grateful, really, but what I don't appreciate is you making decisions that involve me without consulting me first!"

"Well t--" A red blur whipped past, and both Corda and Nolan became distracted with glaring at it. Or, rather, the corner it had zipped around.

"One of these days..." Corda muttered, hugging herself before she began stalking off with the intention of returning to her room. Her shared room. Ugh.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness