z

Young Writers Society

Typical Teenagers 2

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:39 am
Stori says...

Miles was having a good time. As Spider-man swung across New York, he absently fingered some popcorn. What was this plastic bit?

He dug it out. It was a cheap decoder ring. "Oh, well," he thought.

"Shhh!" The girl in front of him turned to frown. Miles didn't realize he'd spoken aloud.

"Sorry," he muttered. He played with the ring for a minute, but as no secret messages appeared, he slipped it into his pocket.

"Hey, what's..." He turned and found that Mira was gone. "Mira?"

The movie was drawing to a close. Miles tipped the usher and left while the credits were rolling. Amber was nowhere to be found.
Last edited by Stori on Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:41 pm
Dynamo says...

(OK, Kyte. We've gone back to the part where Amber and Max are still on their date and forgot all about going to the next day at school. I'm just telling you know so you don't screw up the story over a misunderstanding.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:09 am
Knurla says...

Her breath came out quickly, forcing it's way back in with the speed of hyperventilating. She squeezed Max's hand abruptly, and let the anxiety attack subside. She hated it when thing's like this happened, especially around her friends. Max looked at her with worried eyes.

"I'm...OK." She managed to say after she slowed her breathing back to normal. The only two things to ever trigger her anxiety attacks was claustrophobia and....him. Max stroked her hair gently, and Amber leaned against his shoulder to relax a bit.

"I guess I should explain." She kept her eyes on the table, even when Max wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"You don't have to if it makes you like...that." He said sweetly.

She sighed, and started her story. "He is in fact my, ex. When I was fifteen, we started dating...I loved him, and he actually proposed to me," Amber cringed,"but the worse thing ever happened. He left. He joined the Marines. It was only boot camp, for four months, but when he came back...he was like that. A totally different person. A monster." Her body tensed as she thought about it. "I can not and will not stand for someone treating me like that. His attitude became so...unbearable." Her words stopped, and she got quiet, obviously done with her story.

103 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:04 am
Dynamo says...

Max was silent for a moment before saying, "...I'm sorry for your lose."

Amber shook her head. "Don't be, it's not your fault."

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" he asked.

She let out a weary laugh that seemed less happy and more pain filled. "There's nothing anyone can do to make me feel better."

"Oh, I don't know about that." The mischievous tone in his voice made Amber look at his face. He was smiling. "Dance with me."
Take that, science!

565 Reviews

Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:17 pm
Stori says...

"Oh gosh, I wish I had Spider-Man's power," Miles said to himself. "Has anyone seen my date? Amber? Nobody?"

Nobody had. He described her to several people, and they all shook their heads and said things like "Went to the bathroom probably" and "She'll be back." One girl even hinted, "She's bound to turn up, boy." She made a face that said, "If not, look me up."

Miles swore. He never swore unless he was furious. Right now, he was steaming.

He left the theater and went to sit on a bench. The aroma of pizza reahced him, and his stomach growled. He fished out a battered ten spot and bought a slice and a drink.

"Say, are you Miles Keyston?"

"That's right."

"Thought so. She went to the south corner." The chef tipped him a wink.

"Great." Miles tipped him a quarter.
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:47 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

((Hey, guys, sorry I've been absent. I got g-r-o-u-n-d-e-d... -.- ))

I felt bad about not tellling Amber Wes was there, but I just couldn't make myself do it. I was happy, though, that Max was able to cheer her up. Pippy loved to dance, and Wes or no Wes, she'd dance.

I sat in the booth and sipped my drink, scanning the room for anyone familiar or interesting. I would dance, but it was a couples dance right now.

A real downer, I thought, on the poor singles in this joint.

((Short on time, sorry!))
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

565 Reviews

Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:00 pm
Stori says...

Um... Can I start a new character?
Miles Vorkosigan

Brian Jacques

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:24 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Just get rid of the old charactor some how.*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 pm
Knurla says...

Amber smiled as 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' by Daft Punk suddenly burst out of the speakers. Perfect timing. The one thing that always made her feel better no matter what was techno. She grabbed Max's hand and snatched him out of the booth with her.

When they were on the dance floor, the lights went down, and strobe lights fell slowly from the ceiling, throwing intense colors across the crowd. Black lights kicked on, and people started jumping and dancing to the fierce beat of Daft Punk. Amber and Max were amongst them, and Amber had already joined their pace, despite the current situation.

She grabbed Max and spun him around once, then bounced enthusiastically to the music, pulling her date along with her. Every time the beat changed, so did her movement.

103 Reviews

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:53 am
Dynamo says...

Truth be told, Max had never danced before. At first he was awe-struck by Amber's movements that he forgot he was supposed to move, too. He tried to follow along with the beat, but she was literally dancing circles around him.

As he tried to follow Amber's movements he felt an odd similarity of the dance moves with some of the stances he learned in karate. He didn't use any punches or kicks, but he used a few stances now and then to help him stay in beat with the music and Amber's body. At least now she wasn't dancing circles around him.
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:44 pm
Knurla says...

Amber grabbed Max's hips and pulled him closer, swaying his body with hers. She chuckled, letting go of him and twirling once. She retook her place--hands on his hips--and continued dancing. After the 9 minute, 45 second song was over, she stepped back and bowed, sticking her tongue out playfully at Max.

"Whew! What a dance!" She wiped her head with the back of her head as if she was sweating, and smiled to Max.

103 Reviews

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:02 am
View Likes
Dynamo says...

(This is getting too interesting to let die.)

It was good that the song was over because Max was out of breath. In karate, he knew how to pace himself and conserve his energy. But dancing with Amber, it was like letting go of all his control just to stay in beat with the music and her body.

Amber wasn't sweating, but Max was. He wiped his forehead with his arm and smiled back. "It sure was." He found himself staring into her green eyes. She was staring back at him with those pools of emerald green. Max's heart was suddenly racing, and it wasn't from the dance. He moved his face closer to her's as if to kiss her.

An arm appeared on his shoulder and pulled him away from Amber. He spun around in time to see Wesley before getting punched in the face.
Last edited by Dynamo on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:43 am
Knurla says...

She gasped, awakened from the hypnotic pull of his eyes, and stumbled backwards against a few people. They turned to yell at her, but paused with wide eyes to look at the big 21 year old swinging punches at Amber's date. He was quite big, and Max was a good fighter, but Wes was a trained Marine.

Amber jumped to her feet and threw herself between Max and Wes, shoving herself as hard as she could against Wesley. He stumbled only slightly backwards, his eyes still locked on Max. Amber was almost as mad as he was. Why couldn't he just leave her alone?

"Stop it!" She screamed at him, pleading almost. "Do you not want me to be happy?! Is that it?!" She crossed her arms and threw her body into his, tackling him, knocking him down to the ground. He gasped, alarmed at her strength; he had forgotten what happens when she really gets ticked off. She caught herself before she hit the ground, and screamed at him one more time, "Leave me alone! I hate you!" That was all she needed to say.

She turned, grabbed Max, and drug him out of the club, sobbing, back to her truck. Her tears were mostly out of anger and frustration. She climbed into the drivers seat and leaned her forehead against the steering wheel, tears still falling slowly down her face.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:57 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Roxy saw everything and hurried out after Max and Amber. Amber was all tears in her truck, and Roxy went to comfort her, but thought better of it. Max could handle this, she was sure. She turned slowly and headed back to the club. She didn't have anything better to do, other than sit at home.

((Writer's block... :( ... ))
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:00 am
TNCowgirl says...

((How much longer til this night is over??))
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson