z

Young Writers Society

As Darkness Draws Near...

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:53 pm
SishBee says...

Crag frowned, "I wouldn't want to fight her. Friends shouldn't fight."

"We are not friends. I just want to know where you come from, why you want us and what Fren's Sire wants with you?"

Crag dropped to the floor with her legs crossed. "Well, its quite a long story."

"We have time." Celenia slowly sat on the floor.

"I am Fren's Fledgling. She brought me up without anyone else ever knowing. Fren and I had a special connection, as all Sire's and their Fledglings do. You hadn't discovered yours yet, so you wont know what it is like." Celenia scowled and Trent sat down between the two of them, keeping an eye on Celenia.

"Anyway, I have been stalking Fren's Sire for the last few months ever since she told me to watch him closely."

"Why did she do that?" asked Trent.

"She knew he considered himself her master and she was worried he would try to pull a fast one on her. She had her own plan, you see."

There was a small noise outside the appartment, and Trent pushed Crag back into a wardrobe.

"Who's there?" shouted Trent.

The door burst open. Crag drew in a deep breath, she knew who it was and she prayed he wouldn't find her.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:56 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent stood in front of Celenia as Fren's Sire barged in.

"What gives you the right to come in here like that?" Trent demanded,

"Where's Crag." Sire hissed,

"Who?" Trent asked innocently.

"I know she is in here so tell me where she is?" He demanded,

"You...YOU KILLED MY SIRE!!" Celenia screamed running towards him. Trent grabbed her and pulled her back away. She struggled but he was stronger then her and wouldn't let her go.

"He deserved it," Sire said walking around the apartment.

"Get out of my apartment now." Trent said watching him. "Anyone who barges in is not welcome."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:51 pm
VampireBadger says...

i struggled against trent.

"You killed him! you killed him and you don't even care!" i screamed. "i loved him! do you know what he meant to me!? do you realise what you've done!? and now you want to come and kill Crag!? That makes you a murderer! you're a murderer, you selfish son of a...!"

"shut it!" he snarled and without warning he hit me across the face, stinging my cheek. i spat at him but he just sneered. "i will not be spoken to by a stupid orphaned Fledgling!"

i just glared at him.
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

52 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:06 pm
SishBee says...

In the wardrobe, Crag mentally swore. Would he guess that she had met them? Would he guess what she knew about him?

She never breathed in case he heard her. She knew he had hit Celenia and she felt like bursting out of the wardrobe and breaking his neck before he could do anything about it.

Crag's hand went up to the necklace she wore at all times, it was a small piece of Dark Knife. Fren had owned a matching piece.

A crack of light fell through the wardrobe door and Kari could see her own horror imprinted on her arm.

The scar was just visible below her cuff. Fledgling Fren had been given a similar one by the same person. The intricate pattern which culminated in three unicorns heads was like the sea. Patterns of waves and spray ran up and down the design and Crag pulled the sleeve down further so it was completely covered.

She heard Trent say something and then she heard the thump and crack of Trent punching Fren's Sire.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Don't you ever hit her again!" Trent yelled, he moved Celenia to the couch and then turned and walked slowly back towards Fren's sire. "YOU are the one that made her an orphan so I would hope you would have a little more respect."

"Shut up," Sire hissed, Trent threw a quick punch into Sire's stomach, another hitting him in the shoulder throwing him back on his rump. Vampire or not, Trent had learned to fight as a boy and was still built like one. He stood there waiting for him to get up.

"Dont' tell me what to do in my own apartment." Trent hissed back,
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:45 pm
VampireBadger says...

I stared at trent and then at Sire and back again. i had never expected him to react like that... for me... well, i wouldn't disappiont him. moving as fast as i could, i rushed forward and aimed a kick at his head, thinking of my sire. he grunted in pain and i kicked again, only this time his hand snaked upward and i found my ankle trapped. luckily, trent was ontop of him, his hands about his neck

"let her go! NOW!"
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:43 pm
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

"do you want me to kill her too?" i yelled. "if you get off me maybe ill consider letting her go!"

unfortunately for trent's sake, he didnt get off. i pulled celina down to the floor. a look of fear arose in trent's eyes.

"ok, ok ill get off."

trent got off my chest and i let celina go.

"nice try sending me to the sahara, crag, but i am not that stupid."

"IF YOU ARENT THAT STUPID HOW COME YOU HAVENT FIGURED OUT THAT I AM YOUR DAUGHTER!?!?!?"

"you are my what?" i asked, suprised.

this stinks my computer was being stupid and wouldnt let me on and thats why i havent posted lately.
there is no such thing as good and evil, there is only power...

52 Reviews

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:41 am
SishBee says...

Crag froze, she couldn't believe she had done that. Now she was really screwed.

Slowly she opened the wardrobe and stepped out into the room.

Tren, Celenia and Sire all stared at me, blinking stupidly.

"You're my what?" he repeated.

"My Father you idiot. You never bothered to find out whether that child was yours did you? NO. You just stormed in there, killed Celenia's Sire, thinking he had an affair with your wife. Well he didn't! And you abandonned me! You flung me off a bridge into a river!" Crag was seething with anger.

Trent took a step forward so he was between her and Sire.

"You mean, my Sire died for NOTHING!" Celenia's eyes burned.

Sire was standing between the two girls.

Trent backed slowly away.

"I swear, if you don't get out of here now, I will kill you." Crag's voice wavered dangerously as she said this.

Sire looked at both girls and ran out the door, slamming it behind him.

Crag breathed out and collapsed on the floor crying.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:47 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent just stood frozen. Things had spun in circles, he was still trying to figure out what had happened while Celina comforted the crying Crag. He didn't know what to do anymore it was all so strange now. Fren's sire was Crag's dad, Celina's sire was killed for nothing. And he was stuck with two crying girls. He sighed and walked over to the girls pulling them off the couch,

"Ok, anyone want some Ice cream, or chocolate." He felt stupid asking, but he had always heard that girls liked those things when they were sad. He had never really gotten to know though because he had never really been around girls. His parents hadn't let him date and he didn't have sisters. And now that he was on his own he kept away from them. Celina and Crag both looked like they were about to break down laughing, but there was still sadness in their eyes. "I'll run to the store." He quickly walked out of the room. He could handle one girl crying, but two was just to much. He didn't know what to do and he didn't want to upset either of them any more then they already were. He turned a corner quickly and ran into Fren's Sire.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:53 pm
VampireBadger says...

I stared, bleary eyed at Crag. so my Sire had been innocent. so he was the kind, sweet man i had known as a father and a lover and this made me want to laught with happiness. but that didn't bring him back and that made want to collapse crying again. Crag sobbed into my shoulder. wow, Sire was her father... i'd never heard of vampires breeding before... My own Sire always told me it was a bad idea, and that's why he had adopted me.

my thoughts were brutally disturbed when i heard Trents unmistakeable yell of surprise. i shot up like i'd been bitten and, dragging Crag with me, to go help him. i couldn't let one more person i loved die...!

29 Reviews

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:44 pm
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

back at my apartment, i thought about what had just happened.

if she is my daughter and i killed her sire for nothing, then how did my wife die if he didnt kill her. i thought that baby that i threw over the bridge was his late wife's. i really need to figure this out.

i locked the door and lay down in my coffin.

now what should i do? i cant handle this pain anymore, if celina's sire was innocent, then fren never had to die. but i also wouldnt know that i had a daughter. what are the advantages and disadvantages to this? well ill figure out all of them in time. and hopefully i wont get killed in the process. if only i could figure out the way to bring people back to life that i heard about when i was first embraced. i know one unfortunate thing about it though...the person who is bringing another back to life, must give up theirs in exchange. but who to bring back...? ill have to ask once they calm down a little...

i lay there, then suddenly i hear something outside. i run outside and i bump into trent. will he kill me? i dont know for sure. but if he tries ill have to kill him too.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:50 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"WHOA!" Trent jumped back, he snapped his mouth shut not having meant to yell. Sire looked ready to kill if needed. "I'm not gonna kill you but I want answers. And hurry, or walk cause they probably heard me and will be down here soon." He said quickly.

*Sorry it is short*
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:25 pm
View Likes
VampireBadger says...

i rushed into the hallway, terrified of what i might find, crag hot on my heals. there was Sire staring down at tent who glared back bravely and defiantly. my heart pounding in my throat i stepped up right behind trent, waiting for one of them to react. and trying to stop my own anger bubbling up as well...

NOTE - it's okay, we'll just wait for either crag or Sire to post... or you could do a longer one later... i know mines short too... i'm just trying to get everyone in one place...

52 Reviews

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:51 pm
SishBee says...

Trent and Sire stared each other out.

Crag took hold of Celenia's arm a gently pulled her backwards.

"What are you doing?" she hissed.

Crag put a finger to her lips and pulled her back and slowly, they retreated back to Trent's appartment.

"What did you do that for?" Celenia looked a little confused and a little angry.

"They will be fine. They are both just confused. As long as Trent doesn't do anything stupid, then he will be fine. I have a mental connection with both of them, so if we need to we can stop any fights."

Celenia went to say something, then stopped and sat on the couch.

Crag dropped to the floor in her usual style, and there they waited.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

29 Reviews

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:42 pm
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

"you know what," i said, "why dont we go back to your apartment so i can talk about this in front of the others without them trying to kill me?"

"ill have to talk them into this first, why dont you wait outside the door?"

"ok"

trent came out of the apartment a few minutes later. "ok," he said, "they will only let you come in if you give me all your weapons and dont try to get into a fight with any of us."

i give him my weapons and step into the apartment. i take a seat as far away from crag and celina as i can.

"ok, let me explain what has been on my mind ever since you told me that you were my daughter."

i explained everything to them.

"so if celina's sire was innocent, than how did your wife die?" trent asked.

"i really dont know how. i even thought that crag was celina's sire's child."

"well i wasnt!" crag snapped.

"i am very sorry that i killed your sire celina. but i can do one thing to help."

"what?"

"i learned when i was younger that there was a way to bring a dead person, or in this case a vampire, back to life. but the person doing the ritual must give up their life in exchange."

"well thats great, so you will give up your life in exchange for bringing my sire back to life?"

"well thats the problem, you and crag have to choose. should i bring back your sire, or fren?"

celina and crag looked at each other questionably.

"ill be back at my apartment if you need me," i said. "i will be sleeping so you will not be able to connect with me. ask the lady at the counter for the room occupied by me."

"but we need to know your name to ask the lady," trent said.

"ask her for...Primus."

NOTE: his name is pronounced *pree-mus* and vampirebadger, i might need to know the other sire's name so we all can stop saying "celina's sire". it would be a lot easier on us all.

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics