z

Young Writers Society

Demon Slayers

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:34 pm
Kyuubi says...

Corelle fell asleep on Eve's head. He had that nightmare again. His friends turned into monsters at the very command. It was horrifying. Then the dream flashed to when he gunned down his friend when he was on a mission.

The sun shown on Corelle's face, waking him up. He realized that Eve was still asleep. He laid her down on the porch bench as gently as he could with waking her up.
"I hope she doesn't mind," he said to himself as he picked the lock into her house. He was going to try and make breakfast for her.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:41 am
Alice says...

Eve woke up and couldn't quite remember where she was, her head hurt, making it all the harder to focus. She swung her legs off of the bench and sat up, bad move.

She pushed her hands to her head trying to stop the spinning, she felt like she had a really bad hangover. All she remembered was kissing Corelle.

Corelle! Where was he?

She managed to pull herself to her feet and she stumbled into the house, "Corelle?"

He met her at the door and tilted his head as he looked at her, "you don't look so good."

"I feel worse most likely." She sniffed the air and smelled eggs, which reminded her, she needed to go to the store today, she looked at Corelle, the only still thing in the room, later, she thought. I'll go shopping later.
I just lost the game.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:41 pm
Dynamo says...

(Come on, guys. The story is just getting good!)

(I'm going to leave it up to you guys to decide who's going to be the next Guardian that we have to find. We'll go through 5 Guardians, just to keep the story going, before going after the main gate.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:55 pm
Rydia says...

Celeste

I followed Zora and the Hunter out of my house and down the street at a brisk pace. The two walked in a companionable silence and I thought it inapropriate to ask the questions that flittered around my head so, instead, I satisfied myself with studying the two. There seemed to be some relationship between them; not so intimate as lovers and certainly not family but something in the way they walked said that they were each 'accustomed' to the other.

"Where are we going now?" I wondered and then realised that I had spoken out loud. Neither seemed to mind.

"To find the next guardian," The Hunter replied and some tension that I had not noticed seemed to seep away. Suddenly a conversation erupted.

"But how do we find the other guardians?" Zora asked.

"I don't know but perhaps we will be able to sense their evil," The Hunter replied.

"Wait. From what that man said, they don't sound like they have to be evil. It sounds like they may not even know that they help to keep the gates open," I objected.
Last edited by Rydia on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

270 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:19 am
Alice says...

After breakfast Eve and Corelle sat on the porch, simaliarly to how they had the night before. Only this time, Eve was feeling just fine.

"I wonder what was wrong with me last night," she mused.

Corelle shrugged, "I donno." they looked onto the street and saw the healer, the hunter, and a few others including Joseph. Eve's body tensed out of fear.
I just lost the game.

103 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:59 pm
Dynamo says...

(Joseph? He's not with them. I can't post right now, I'm busy trying to figure out the bugs in one of my new games.)
Take that, science!

270 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:27 pm
Alice says...

(Well he's tagging along now then, he'll run away at some point soon though)
I just lost the game.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:50 am
Rydia says...

Celeste

It was about an hour after we set off that I realised Joseph was following us.

"We're being followed," I stated.

"We are?" Zora asked. She took a quick, subtle look back and then turned to me in surprise. "You have good hearing," She noted.

"Why are you following us Joseph?" The Hunter asked calmly. The man let out a low, gurgling laugh and paused, surveying the street.

"You'll not find them," Joseph declared. "You'll never find them all."
Writing Gooder

103 Reviews

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:39 pm
Dynamo says...

Vince whipped out his sawnoff shotgun and pointed it at Joseph. "Then perhaps you could tell us their locations?"

Joseph laughed again. "Your weapons do not frighten me, Vince. You caught me off guard last time, but now I'm ready."

"Don't be a fool, Joseph. I've severed your tie with your gate. You may still be immortal but Baal cannot help you now."

"You have severed my tie to my gate, but that is all. I still have powers as a Guardian, and I can still summon Baal's minions to my side. Come out, servants of Hell!" He lifted his arms which burst into green fire. The ground began to shake as two bull demons dug their way out of the road. Joseph pointed to Vince and said, "I don't care what you do with the others, just bring me his head!"
Take that, science!

270 Reviews

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:19 pm
Alice says...

"Joseph!" Eve shouted standing up, "STOP IT NOW!"

Joseph jumpped and the bull demon's faltered and vanished.

"So you're speaking to me now?"

"Believe me, if the situation didn't demand it, I wouldn't be."

"Perhaps I could get you to kiss me if I set them on Corelle?"

"Don't even try it," Eve warned, "Joseph, if you like wearing pants you'll help us."

"Us?" Vince asked.

"I'm with you guys," Eve said.

"And I'm with Eve," Corelle said.
I just lost the game.

270 Reviews

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:24 am
Alice says...

(Okay my turn to demand postage, wth is wrong with you people? this is such a cool one! We need to continue the story!)
I just lost the game.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:02 pm
Rydia says...

Hehe. My apologies, Alice, I shall post straight away.

Celeste

"Help you?" Joseph spluttered in disbelief.

"Coming with us?" Vince demanded.

"Well you seem to be fine with a total stranger tagging along," The woman raised an eyebrow and the man at her side nodded his agreement.

"She's... useful," Zora replied. "But I suppose we may have use of you too." At this Joseph seemed to regain some confidence and he sniggered.

"All of you together couldn't defeat even one guardian," Joseph laughed and, raising his hands high in the air, he summoned his beasts again and then darted away while we were occupied with defending ourselves.
Writing Gooder

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 pm
View Likes
Kyuubi says...

Corelle stepped forward into the street. He shook off his trench coat to show scars and silvery markings all over his body. Two swords were sheathed along his back, two daggers were at his side, and Wraith was in his hand. The Bull Demons were smashing everyone and everything in their path. The group in the street were having a hard time with them. They just wouldn't die. One of the demons spotted Corelle and ran up to him.
"You shouldn't be here, mortal. This is our world. But then you did show up so you must want to die," it said from 30 feet away.
"Not necessarily," Corelle replied. The Bull charged at him. Corelle got onto one knee and dropped Wraith. The silver markings on his body started to glow and muscles bulged even bigger. The horns of the Bull were at his face. Corelle grabbed them and flipped the Bull over his back with a crash.

270 Reviews

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:15 pm
Alice says...

Eve stopped for a half second to smile at Corelle, but when that second ended she stomped her foot-releasing the dagger attached to her shoe- and ground the silver blade into the demons chest. It dissappeared in a puff of smoke.

Corelle stood up and grinned, "bravo." His expression suddenly turned grim, "look out!"

Instinctily she spun around, it was just in time to see another bull demon charging her. Corelle tossed her a sword, which she used to chop the demons leg off. It stumbled to the ground, but it regenerated its leg and charged at Celest.
I just lost the game.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:33 pm
Rydia says...

Celeste

I took a deep breath as the final creature advanced. I began to mumble an incantation while moving my arms in intricate patterns. I released the spell just in time and an electric blue shield appeared before me. The demon could not pull out of the charge and crashed into the barrier with a bright flash. My shield sparked and then faded out of existance, leaving the creature writhing on the ground before it disintegrated.

Wow," I murmured. "That's never happened before. The shield was only supposed to protect..."

"That's all it would do against normal creatures," Vince agreed, "But that was pure good magic and very powerful against dark creatures."

"Are we going after Joseph?" Eve asked.

"No," Vince replied.

"Wow," I mumbled again. "Um. Was anyone hurt?"
Writing Gooder

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala