z

Young Writers Society

Camp Venire- Accepting (Still A Heap of Spots) *Starting*

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Name: Madison elaine

Appearance: black hair, blue eyes, 5'5, she has a tattoo of an ice dragon on her left shoulder

Personality: Madison is a very sweet girl to hang out with, she enjoys swimming and hanging out with her friends. She also likes to meet new people. Also since she is very outgoing people around her are really comfortable to tell her anything.

History: Madison came from a middle class family, she loves her brothers very much but thinks they are way to protective. Her dad cheeated on her mom when she was 10 but yet they made it work and since then, she has had the best childhood. Jeremy is the oldest of all her 5 brothers.

Team: B

Reason they're at camp: Madison saw this camp on a website and decided it would be fun and wanted to get away from family for a while.

Other: She is looking for that one guy who could change her life completely
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:11 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Madison

I got into my cabin, finally. It was pretty and I thought to myself that this summer would be fantastic. A few people were in the cabin but I minded my own business for a while and put my clothes under the bed. I didn't wanna unpack all the way so I just sat them down. Looking around, I wanted to walk outside. The view of all the activities people were doing was fabulous. Walking around, I found a log and decided to sit there for a while.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Would you mind posting your profile on the DT? You don't have to, but it's just you're late coming in. Here's a link to the DT if you do want to.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95579&start=30
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:34 am
LilNinjaBear says...

@brittbritt12347

You can join but Janika has a point. It is a little confusing if anything other than actual Storybook posts are put up here so it might help if you posted your porfile on the DT and not up here...

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:46 am
LilNinjaBear says...

Cody

Somebody else steps forward to grab the map and slowly I enter a few of the basic co-ordinates into the GPS.
The guide smiles at us, as we walk up the trail single file and calls out a cheery “Good Luck.”

Soon we find ourselves walking up a strange path that only seems to get narrower and narrower.
In the distance the sound of bubbling can be heard and my mind instantly skips to the waterfall and the other team.

Abseiling. Team A had that first on my first trip to Venire. For a while we walk in silence, everyone just trying to stay on the path.
Then the trail widens out and we find ourselves trudging through a waterside trail with low trees that we have to climb under and mud that slips at up at every turn.
Up until now we have been looking for clues- colourful signs hidden behind tree’s and logs that hint of our next location- and the GPS clearly tells that the next should be here somewhere.

I look around, hoping to spot that familiar crash of colour but I see nothing.
I shake my head turning back to the others, “The next clue is here somewhere… either at the top of one of these trees,” I gesture upwards to the treetops that we can’t quite see, “Or buried in the mud somewhere…”

Just on the other side of the hill I can see people abseiling down the narrow cliff, seeing the water rush over them as they attempt to crawl down making it somewhat more difficult. It seems like where not the only ones getting drenched…

For a second I feel tempted to wave at them but instead I turn back to the others.
“So what do you guys think we should do?”

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm
SassBideAndRawr says...

Skylar

Holding the map as tightly as I can I carefully crawl up and over a fallen branch, trailing slowly from behind the other team members.
The bottoms of my jeans are covered in mud and my shoes are practically drowning in the stuff. Then I see the other team! Abseiling down the mountain!

That’s when I start to feel immensely grateful to Mr A for letting our team do this scavenger hunt first and not the… abseiling. Maybe we’ll be stuck out here late… and then won’t have time to climb.
Or maybe…

“Get over it Skylar”- a voice inside my head yells- “You’re going to have to get over your fear at some point in your life. Now is as good a time as any.”I shake my head to clear the thoughts and turn my attention back to my Team members who up until now seem to have been arguing who was going to climb the trees and who was going to scavenger through the mud.
I shake my head. Most people, It seems- want to climb.
Me on the other hand…

“I’ll stay on the ground,” I state, quietly, looking around the circle at the others, “I…uh. I don’t really do heights.”
I wait for the others to talk again.

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown