The Toy Box 3 (Started)

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 am
tgirly says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry it's so short, it's kind of late.

Angeline

I stay at the camp because I think I'll be more helpful here than traipsing through the woods when Trina'll probably wander back by herself, maybe even before the dolls out searching for her get back. Instead, Blue corrals us pretty well while we find a clean water source, start working on a shelter, and keeping the fire lit, which is turning out to be a losing battle because of all the wind that somehow cuts its way through the trees.
When it rains, even the most stubborn of the fire-starters give up and head for shelter. It's starts getting late, and no one has come back. Dolls start to get a little nervous. Not good for moral,to have missing people on the first day.
"Maybe other people should head out?" someone suggestion.
"No, they'd just get lost too, besides they'll be back soon," someone else says, but it's become too dark to see who spoke.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:12 pm
LemonyIce says...

Trina | Wandering in the forest

Trina was bored. She knew she shouldn't have wandered off too far into the forest, and yet here she was. Lost. Good job, Trina! Really smart of you to wander off. She smacked her forehead and began looking for a way back.

At one point, she heard someone calling her. "Trinaaaaaa. Triiiiiinaaaaaaa. Where are you?" She walked towards the voice and ended up near a small bush. Kayli was walking towards her. "There you are! I've been looking for you! Me, and Francie too!"
"Well, I did say I was going to wander off and be back in a few minutes."
"Did you? I didn't hear you."
Trina rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Anyway, let's head back, shall we? I'm glad I've met someone who knows the way." She looked at Kayli. "You do know the way back don't you?" she added. "Of course I do!" Trina and Kayli began walking towards the 'camp' in silence.

Suddenly, Trina stopped. She could hear something. Someone was murmuring a little further away. "Kayli. Stop." Kayli stopped and looked at Trina. From the look on her face, Trina understood that she couldn't hear the murmuring. "Follow me." Trina walked towards the source of the murmuring. Just as they were getting closer to the sounds, Trina stopped again. "Come here." she whispered to Kayli, and stepped behind a bush. Quietly, Kayli went in behind her. Both of them sat behind the bush and didn't move. As the voices grew louder and came closer to the bush, Trina pulled out her gun and signaled to Kayli to do the same. She let the dolls go ahead, and then quietly stepped out from behind the bush, and Kayli followed. The two of them stepped up, stealthily, behind the dolls. Trina grabbed the doll with the long hair from behind and put her gun to her head. "Who are you?" she said, in a threatening tone (As threatening as she could get anyway.). "M-m-my name's F-F-Francie."
"Francie?!" Trina quickly let go of the doll. Kayli, who had aimed an arrow and was ready to shoot the other two dolls, quickly put her bow down. "Trina?! Kayli?!" Francie turned around and looked at the two dolls. "Heh. Sorry 'bout that. I thought you guys were enemy dolls." said Trina. Now that all of them had turned around to face her, she recognized the other two dolls as Hayden and Lorcan. "Uh, hi guys." said Trina, blushing slightly, clearly very embarrassed by her mistake. "It's okay. I probably would've done the same thing, you know." Francie smiled at Trina, who, suddenly puzzled, said, "Kayli told me that only the two of you were looking for me." "Yeah, I was. until Lorcan joined me and I found Hayden on the way." "Oh. Okay then. Let's get going." The five dolls turned and began walking back to where the other dolls were, Lorcan and Kayli in frnt since the two of them knew the way back, and Trina, Francie and Hayden behind them.

Stupid Trina! How could you not recognize your own teammates?! Ugh. Idiot.
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:42 pm
Dragonette says...

Kayli~

I walked back to camp with my arms linked with Trina's, I didn't want to loose her again. "Hey, sorry for mistaking you guys for enemies," I told Hayden, Francie and Lorcan. I felt pretty stupid for that. I mean, I actually got lucky enough to find and join a team, and I about kill them!

Honestly, I can't believe what's happened over the past two hours. It started when I crash-landed in the middle of a battle field, illegally on top of that. And it ended with me having more friends then, well, I've ever had, considering that I've only been alive for about 24 hours. But unfortionately I've also made enemies. Although I don't know why Alia doesn't like me, I haven't done anything to her. But I do have a reason not to like her, I thought, rubbing my rists where she roughly tied my hands together.

I walked next to Francie and whispered out of the side of my mouth, "You do know where camp is, right? Cause honestly, I don't."

Francie laughed out loud, "Yeah, don't worry."

"Good." I kept a warry eye on the brush around us. Who knows what killer doll could be waiting with a gun around every turn. "I just hope we get there soon."
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:51 pm
Justagirl says...

Trina ~ The Forest

So, there we, Lorcan, Hayden, and I, were, walking through the forest, when a doll comes up behind me, grabs my hair and points their gun to my head.
Immediately, Hayden and Lorcan had pulled out their weapons, Hayden a small pistol, and Lorcan a long, saw-like sword - his flamberge. But, another girl doll was pointing her bow at them. She looked so familiar, but it was dark so I couldn't see her clearly.

"What's your name?" Growled the doll holding me.

I caught a glimpse of her dark hair with neon ends. She seemed so familiar...

"M-m-m-my n-name's F-F-Francie," I used my 'I'm innocent, please let me go' voice and prayed she'd let go of my hair. One, so she didn't have a hold on me anymore and I could run with Lorcan and Hayden and maybe get away. Two, because I could feel my hair sliding out of my scalp and into her hand, soon I'd have even less.

"Francie?!" She let go of me and I turned quickly towards her, ready to kick her squarely in the hip and run.

It was Trina

"Trina?! Kayli?!" I looked at them. I guess they had turned to a different team. I guess they were going to kill us now..?

"Heh. Sorry 'bout that. I thought you guys were enemy dolls." Trina said as she pocketed her gun and Kayli brought down her bow.

"Uh, hi guys" She said as Hayden and Lorcan turned to face her, unhappy looks on both of their faces.

I let myself relax and soften. I guess she was just confused...

"It's ok. I probably would've done the same thing, you know," I said, smiling, just to console her.

"Kayli said the two of you were looking for me?" Said Trina.

"Yeah, I was..." I looked toward Lorcan and Hayden. "Until Lorcan joined me after I found Hayden wandering around..."

Trina nodded, "Oh. Ok then. Let's get going."

We turned and walked back the way we came, going the general direction towards the camp. Kayli and Trina had hooked arms - smart of Kayli to do that so we wouldn't lose Trina again - and Lorcan was in front with them, purposefully leading the way back.

After a while Kayli apologized for mistaking us for enemy dolls. Really, it was ok. I'm sure Lorcan or Hayden would have done the same. I might have just stuck myself in the bushes, though, and waited for the enemies to pass. Or I might have killed them right away...

Kayli dropped back to where Hayden and I were walking.

"So, you do know where camp is, right? 'Cause honestly, I don't." She whispered to me.

I gave a little laugh and smiled at her reassuringly, "Yeah, don't worry."

"Good." She looked relieved and went back to hook arms with Trina. "I just hope we get there soon," I heard her murmur.

But the truth was, I wasn't really sure where we were going either.

I hoped Lorcan knew the way back, our lives could be in his hands...
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:32 pm
Blues says...

Hayde | The Forest

Hayden felt foolish lying to Francie, but her warm smile afterwards made it at least feel less embarrassing. His arms remained stiff and put on an irritated face to hide his embarrassment and to keep away people from asking him any questions anyway. He'd been glad to avoid that question about what happened on the beach. But then, Francie asked a different question.

Hayden signalled for Lorcan to speak first. He seemed surprised that Hayden had responded in that way, but Hayden was too embarrassed to feel irritated from Lorcan after that bloody Pinocchio nickname that he'd given.

Hayden didn't concentrate on what Lorcan said. He was thinking. Thinking.

"And you, Hayden?"

Hayden looked up. "Oh. Er. Someone found me on the floor because I dropped from a box and sold me to Tom online."

"What box?" said Francie.

"A box, to the daycare." He saw Francie give him a look that said "carry on". He sighed. "My owner got rid of me. That's why I'm messed up. Because she hated me." He paused. "She used to get permanent marker and doodle on me, spit at me, she broke my nose, flush me down the loo, and -"

He could feel tears stinging his eyes. Hayden wiped them away before they could see. Then he stopped abruptly. He could hear a growl. He whipped out his small Pistol.

Turning around, he found Francie stammering her name, but the doll let go. It was Trina.

While the others talked, Hayden's heart raced.What if it was a real one? This place could be flipping crawling with enemies.

"So, you do know where camp is, right? 'Cause honestly, I don't," whispered Kayli.

Francie gave a little laugh and smiled at her reassuringly, "Yeah, don't worry."

"Good." She looked relieved and linked arms with Trina. "I just hope we get there soon," she murmured.

Half an hour later, it was clear that they were lost. Hayden began to panic. "We're lost."

"You could say so," called a voice from the back.

"We're gonna die. We're gonna die." Hayden sighed. "We need a plan."

"Plan to die." A snake-like, whispery voice spoke. The hairs on Hayden's neck rose. "You'll be massacred, all of you."

Crap.

Hayden's instincts kicked in, as he whipped out his pistol. He shot at a tree trunk next to him, the light of the speeding bullet illuminating the dolls face in front of him. Crimson red eyes were staring back at him.

"You're first. Stupid of you to waste a bullet." Stupid of me to waste a precious bullet. That's true. Hayden whipped out his knife with his other hand, but the doll aimed for his head and grabbed it. The doll wrenched the knife out of his hand and Hayden could feel something sharp pressing on his neck.

"Say your last words..."

Spoiler! :
Let's see how this plays out... (No, I'm not leaving or anything XD)

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:51 pm
Justagirl says...

Francie ~ Lost In The Woods

Soon after I'd reassured Kayli that we wouldn't get lost, we did.

We all stopped in a small clearing in the woods. It was raining now and finally Hayden said what we were all thinking.

"We're lost."

"You could say so." Called a voice from behind us.

We all bristled and unconsciously moved closer together, looking around.

"We're gonna die. We're gonna die, " Sighed Hayden as we looked for not-yet-visible enemy. "We need a plan."

"Plan to die." Somebody said in a whispery voice.

I could feel goosebumps rise on my skin and I squinted into the dark, trying to find our adversary.

"You'll be massacred, all of you."

Hayden whipped out his pistol at this third comment and shot at the tree trunk a few feet away from him. The light of the bullet lit up the space briefly as the powder exploded.

Crimson eyes were now staring out at us from the trees.

"You're first." Said the voice. "Stupid of you to waste a bullet."

Hayden whipped out his knife and we all readied our weapons as dolls exploded out of the trees. There were about ten of them and we all seemed to pair up as we were fighting them, except for Hayden.
He was grabbed by the first doll, the one with the red eyes, and about to be killed.

But, I couldn't watch, Trina and I had paired together. We were taking on three dolls and she and I would take turn with each one. Me, stabbing at their joints while she'd defend me and bash them with her frying pan.

When we seemed to be finally tiring them out, the first doll, Red-Eyes, shouted out, "Enough!"

He held up his knife which was pressed again Hayden's throat, ready to start the blood gushing.

"Drop your weapons or he dies."
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

30 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm
Dragonette says...

Kay~

After thirty minutes of wandering around, Hayden stated the obvious: we were lost. Suddenly a slithering voice sounded behind us and I instantly got goosebumps. "You'll be massacred, all of you." said the voice, and we were surrounded by ten other dolls, all as bloodthirsty as the first. The doll with the red eyes lunged for Hayden and the battle begun.

I crouched down and was about to spring forward to attack an enemy doll, when a sudden sharp pain in my shoulder erupted. I looked down and saw that an arrow was producing from my shoulder and my own blood soaking my shirt. I gasped in pain and my vision blurred. But the small part of my brain that was still conscious recognized the arrow and I gasped again but this time from shock instead of pain. The arrow was my own. "What the..?" And then I remembered shooting a doll in the first fight that had happened earlier today. I had shot him in the chest and thought him dead, but I had forgotten that only by destroying the humanity chip can a doll truly die. Stupid! Stupid thing to forget, Kayli!

My head whipped around to the direction where the arrow had come from and sure enough there was the doll I had shoot, with a satisfied evil grin on his face.

I was sweating now, I was concentrating so hard on staying conscious. What was I suppose to do now? I couldn't operate my bow and arrows because of my bad shoulder, and I didn't have anything else to use. And even if I did, I would be too weak to do anything with it. Should I run? The doll would surely shoot me with another arrow before I could take one step.

But it turned out, I didn't need to make a decision because the leader doll, the one with red eyes, suddenly called out with his menacing voice. "Enough! Drop your weapons or he dies."

I was too weak to care, and I didn't want anyone else to go through the pain I was going through, so I dropped my bow and arrows. The doll who had shot me, rushed up to me and yanked my arms behind me. I yelped in pain because the sudden movement sent a new wave of scorching pain through me.

There was a small struggle with some of the other dolls but everyone eventually dropped their weapons. The scarlet-eyed's men pounced on everyone and tied all of our hands. "We'll hold them for ransom to get the rest of their group here." He announced, "But make sure you tie them tight so that they're vulnerable, I don't want to have to worry about any trouble from them."

And that's where I passed out, my arrow still sticking out of my body.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 pm
Sassafras says...

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=92508 DT

Blue and Jessica

A few dolls went off on a search and rescue, and Blue just nodded them on their way. It wasn't until they were gone that he realized this was a bad idea, letting them out on their own on the first day in the Toy Box. It's not that they couldn't take care of their selves well enough, he was sure they were perfectly capable of fighting, but all the nocturnal animals would be coming out, and this is usually the time when the opposing teams start killing off whoever they can as quickly as possible. Cursing, Blue stood up and ran a hand through his hair.

"Who are all gone," he asked the remaining dolls.

"Kayli, Francie, Hayden, Lorcan, and Trina," Angelique replied. "They've been gone a while."

"I know," Blue sighed. "How could I have been so stupid? I'm supposed to be a leader and I let my team wander off into the forest."

"Stop beating yourself up," Jessica added smoothly, she was toying idly with Pinkie and made no motion to look at the person she was talking to.

"What are you going to do," asked Coral. "Wait?"

It was a hard decision, most of his team could be dead by sunrise, or already dead, but if he mindless ran into the forest what good would that do?

"If they're not back by sunrise we'll go looking for them."

Blue sat back down and starred off. That didn't seem like the right choice either... Sunrise was so far away. He didn't know what to do.

"Well, maybe we should wait just a few hours. Who knows what could happen by Sunrise. If they're not back in an hour we go searching for them, sounds good?"
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 am
Calligraphy says...

I think I'm going to have to quit this. You guys post a lot..

30 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:20 am
Dragonette says...

...Isn't that a good thing?

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:37 am
Calligraphy says...

Yes, just not when you are loaded down with too much school.. :P

30 Reviews

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:55 am
Dragonette says...

I see, I see. Welp, I was looking foreward to doing a storybook with you (just like old times) But I understand :D

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:11 pm
TwistedMuffins says...

Spoiler! :
D'aw Cal :3

Alia

Alia took out yet another lemon and started sucking on it. It has been a long since they left... It's not that Alia was worried. She was just... 'curious', as she would put it. Coral settled down next to Alia. After a moment of silence, she asked, "Are you hurt?"
"Naw. Are you?"
"Not really."

An awkward silence settled in, making Coral shift in her seat. "Do you think that I'm..." Alia started off, then hesitated. She quickly changed the question. "Do you think they are still alive?" She nodded her head towards the forest. Coral stared hard at Alia, as she noticed the sudden change of the question. "Why?" She asked instead.
Alia gave out a cold laugh, and looked straight at Coral. "Do you know you should only answer a question with a question if you do not trust a person?"
It was Coral's turn to laugh. "What makes you think I trust you?" she laughed.
Surprisingly, that hurt. Alia felt as if somebody stabbed her Humanity Chip. She looked away.
"And anyways, that's not what I meant."
Alia faced Coral once again and raised a questioning eyebrow.
"Why? Why are you like that? Why do you never trust anyone, or consider anyone a real friend, or care about anyone? Why are you so cold?"
Alia felt a lump form in her throat. She herself hadn't had time to simulate what last night's dream meant. And here, Coral wanted an explanation. Last night felt like last year to Alia, as she tried to remember everything from her dream once again. Her seventh dream. All of them actually being her memories.
"I know it is not possible," she started out, choosing her words careful, weighting them, and looking at her shoes. "But I started to remember stuff of my owners. Before the Humanity Chip was put into me." The silence made the words weight heavier and heavier, second by second.

And then Coral laughed. "You... you really think I would believe that?" Coral gasped for air, and started laughing again. Alia looked at her in astonishment, anger building up inside of her. Alia got up, got her bags, and headed into the woods.
"Hey, you!" Blue called after her. "Where are you going? We are already missing some five members!"
She turned slowly and dramatically, and stared at him. Her pupils expanding, as her rage was about to burst. "I am not stupid like them to get lost. Or to wander too far." Blue opened his mouth to protest, but she cut him off, "I'm going for a leak." Blue shut his mouth and nodded. "Take someone with you."
Alia laughed, and continued walking her way,

"Like anyone's worth my company." she muttered, as hot tears fell down her cheeks.
If I were to have a super power, it would be to time-travel, so that I could turn back time, and erase your very existence.

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:48 am
tgirly says...

Angeline

Blue sent me to keep an eye on Alia. I kept my distance as she walked into the woods. We were probably only about ten feet away from the camp, but the foliage was so dense we might as well have been ten miles. We could've yelled and screamed and no one would probably have heard us. It makes me shutter.
When we come to a stop, Alia is quiet. Too quiet.
"Alia?" I call out, stepping in the direction she was heading. I find her sitting on a fallen, decaying tree. She wipes her eyes quickly as I step into the clearing.
"What?" she asks, the word as hard as a stone wall.
"I-I just wanted to make sure you were okay," I say. I hate it when people cry. I end up just standing there awkwardly for awhile while she shoots daggers at me.
"So what did Coral say that was that bad?" I ask. It's a small camp; I'd seen her talking to Coral before she'd stormed off into the woods. Alia shrugs.
"Scandolous," I say, "she really said shrug?" Alia gives me a look, not appreciating my humor. She got up to leave.
"No, wait," I say, "you know, you probably should try not to rub these dolls the wrong way, because as of right now, they're one of the few who aren't trying to rip out your humanity chip and kill you." She stops and give a little hiccup-y laugh, though I hadn't meant it as a joke.
"Thanks," Alia says. I'm not sure if she's trying to be sarcastic, though. Alia, more composed now, starts making her way back to camp.
"Wait," I say. There's odd marks on the ground. I'm no expert at footprints or tracks, but they're not Alia's or mine. Scuff marks here, jumbled footprints there, a subte streak or blood next, all leading to a broken arrow left in the bushes. Alia points out the arrow.
"I've seen this before," she says, looking puzzled and picking it up, "well, I think I have."
"Maybe Blue'll recognize it," I say. Alia nods.
"Worth a shot," she says. We head back to camp, watching her back.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

30 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:23 am
Dragonette says...

Kayli~

I wake up sore and bloody. A glance at my shoulder informs me the arrow is STILL stuck deep in my body.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Trina whispers, "They won't even let us take it out and clean you up. I guess, since we're just bait, you're not worth it."

"That's great," I say, grimacing and trying to not show how much the wound actually hurts. "Well I suppose I should be thankful, when I passed out, I didn't expect to wake up again."

I guess our captor heard us "chatting" because he growled a short, "No talking," and then looked closely and saw that I was conscious . "Well, it looks like sleeping beauty woke up. I suppose I should tie you up like the rest." It was then that I noticed that everyone was tied tightly around a tree. The doll grabbed me gruffly and jerked my arms so that they wrapped back around the tree trunk.

"Hell," I breathed out as my shoulder burst forth with anew pain.

"Come on, can't we at least take the arrow out? Please?" I heard Francie plead. The doll guarding us was about to growl out an answer but before he could, a slithering voice spoke out. "Yess, let them take out the arrow." And I saw a pair of scarlet eyes peering out of the foliage, "Untie the barbie doll and let her heal her friend."

"But sir-"

"Don't question me!"

The man pulled out a knife and cut mine and Francie's bonds.

I screamed when Francie pulled out the arrow. My shoulder was simply burning and radiating pain now, and even more so then before.

"Sorry!" Francie's worried face looked down on me and she hurriedly pressed a cloth to try to stop the bleeding, but blood was flowing out and I felt myself get weak again. I moaned loudly and gave a yelp when she touched the wound. "I..have to get some splinters out.." Francie said apologetically.

All the while the doll with the scarlet eyes wore a twisted smile. "This should bring the rest of their group. If nothing else will, the screams of their team mate will."

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
— Martin Luther King Jr.