z

Young Writers Society

Monster Exchange

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:24 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rose~(sorry its so short, I didn't know what to write)

We had been walking for a while now, so I was getting kind of curious. But, I didn't want to ask him about it, I was enjoying this.

"What was your name again?" He asked looking back down at me.

"R-Rose and you are?" I Tried not to look at him once again, but I didn't want to seem rude.

I looked at the nearest clock, then at the schedule to see how much time was left. I have to admit, he is cute I thought, hoping he couldn't read minds or something.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:32 pm
Kaywiia says...

Crystal

At first, I was a little shocked, then I remembered he was a vampire. Some human girl probably smelled like dinner. That's great. I grabbed a bottle of perfume out of my bag, and sprayed it on him.

"Ugh, what is this stuff?" he asked once he uncovered his mouth.

"Humans call it perfume. I don't like it either, I'd rather smell like low tide," I flipped some hair over my shoulder. To mermaids, low tide smelled good. To most humans, not so much.

"They like this stuff?" He wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"Apparently," I leaned against the back of my locker. I took out a little bottle of seawater, and rubbed some on my arms. Satisfied, I put both bottles into my bag. "At least you don't smell like her anymore. Learn to control yourself a little more, they were staring," I gestured to a group of humans huddled in a corner.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:42 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jules

I blew a black bubble. Popped it. Chew... blow... pop! Chew.... blow.... pop!

Suffice to say I was bored. I could see Balthazar in the hall, about to lose it and go do his little vampire thing. Crystal was coughing at a perfume that I hated as well- who wants to smell like... velvet rose? Ugh. I preferred the nice, earthy scent of the woods, at night. Mm.

More than a few humans looked thoroughly freaked, and I could barely contain my laughter. I didn't know who set up the exchange, but they definitely weren't in their right minds. I chewed my black gum again, treasuring the tropical taste. I ran a hand through my hair and yawned.

In the class across the hall, I caught glimpses of a white cat stalking down the aisles. Cat Boy. It took all my willpower not to shift, lope over there, bark, and maybe even play a game of fetch, or snap at the butterflies and woodland creatures outside the window, just to freak him out.

But self control was everything, and besides, he'd probably get back at me later.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:43 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Balthazar:

I looked over to the group and remembered what I'd said so loudly. I gave them a wave and turned back to Crystal. I lifted my shirt and smelled it "God, this stuff is disgusting. That girl should wear this." With that I let myself fall to the ground "Crystal," I said slowly and quietly "I almost ate her. But I ran away. But not human running. Vampire running. She saw." Placing my hands over my face I let out a deep breath. I may have just ruined things for all vampires in the world.

All I know now is that I need to keep a close eye on her to make sure nothing happens. Standing up I asked "Where's you get that? I'm gonna need it again." Se handed me the bottle and said "Take this one. I can get more." I accepted the bottle and put it in my pocket.

When I walked pass the group of humans I said simply "Sorry about that. I had a freak out moment. I spilled a whole bottle of cogne on me and it smelled awful." With that I walked away and hoped they were all stupid.
Live, Love, Laugh

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:03 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Skylee

In the new exchange thing I always feel my heart pounding,for the vampires I think they can sense Im scared inside but on the outside I know I dont look scared, thankfully.

When It finally got lunch time I decided to skip it and just walk outside with all the fresh air because in my stomach I felt like i was gonna hurl,It was just so creepy knowing someone like them could just jump out at anytime and kill me. As I walked passed a human that looked part cat i wispered."Please dont kill me,Please dont kill me,Please dont kill me," and i kept my eyes closed,all I remember after that was laying in the nurses station with the cat person,he was standing there laughing then said,"you were walking by me begging me not to kill you...Whats with you humans? I wont harm you unless you do something to me,besides your fragile so all i have to do is poke you and you could fall over."
"How did i get knocked out?" I wispered.
"You ran into a big pole." He said loudly.Then he laughed again.

The nurse finally came in and told me that I was ok and that I could leave,I hopped up then right before I grabbed my books he took them for me,"Ill help you with that,besides I looked at your schedule and we have the same class,"but the whole time we walked it was silent. I didnt bother asking his name because my head hurt to much to even actually think about it.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:33 am
f1shes says...

Matthias
"R-Rose and you are?"
Matthias stopped in his tracks and looked down at the girl. The question flew right over his occupied head. He blankly looked around the hallways. He checked behind them to see if anyone was in the hall along with them.
His eyes returned to the girl.
He hatched a plot. I wonder how fast we could make it out of here without being found. There were several classes going on outside, and he knew a perfect place to watch the activities. It wasn't the best entertainment but he didn't want to be expelled for taking a guest off of campus during the school day.
"What's your next class? And the one after that?" he asked. He thought of his. Another boring class he wouldn't pay attention in. He hardly excelled in any class. He had trouble keeping Cs, and his motivation was worse than his attention span. His gaze was intimidating, his mouth was closed and almost mean. But he had a determined look in his eyes.

Agnes

The boy bolted away. His speed left her mouth open. She sputtered and coughed, losing more tears. He heart felt like it was going to fly from her head. Her tears became louder and louder. She tried to calm herself down. The sweet taste of a cigarette filled her mouth and nostrils. She sobbed and coughed and held her aching head.
What have I gotten myself into?
She sat up straight and rested her head against the dumpster. Her ears and eyes had become much more alert after the run in with the strange boy. Her body turned and jumped at every noise. She blew smoke from her nose. All of her tears had dried to her face. She let herself relax but made a silent prayer that no one would find her again.
Finally, with the cigarette still limp in her mouth, began crawling back towards the door. She decided to keep low in case there was something lurking about, looking for a meal. That's what the boy had said. Well, that he hadn't eaten. He had stared at her flesh like a meal. As if her presence was tormenting him. She felt disgusting, unworthy, under and his gaze. She shivered, the uncomfortable feeling returned to her when she thought of him. She could feel her skin crawling the way it had before. Her lids became wet again with tears. She pushed them away.

7 Reviews

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 am
untameabletiger says...

~Rose~

After I replied, he stopped immediately and looked around the hall, noticing no one was around us. He completely ignored my question, so at the time I referred to him as "you" I was kind of mad, but the gentleness of his presence made me not notice it. He looked down at me again, his eyes meeting mine. "What's your next class? And the one after that?" he asked. I couldn't speak, I was distracted by two things, his beautiful eyes, and the almost mean look on his soft face.
I slipped my hand into the pocket I had sewn on, and pulled out the folded piece of paper. I tried to look away, but I couldn't, there was just something about him that made me feel safe. When I handed him my schedule, he broke the gaze, unfolded the paper, and ran his eyes down through the list of classes. I took advantage of the time, trying to sort everything out. Why do I feel safe with him? Why does his look leave me breathless? and once again, What the hell is wrong with me?!

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:58 am
Gav says...

Name: Senri

Actual Age-500 Pretend Age-17

Monster/human: Monster. Demon

Appearance:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/anim ... 2f.jpg?o=3

Personality: He is very cold, devious and mysterious. He is also a quick thinker and very sarcastic. His main food choice is souls, but he does not need them. And if you are his friend then the can be very reliable, a good listener and over all a good friend. He is what some people call a player, the only reason behind that is so he can take parts of the soul here and there. Toward most humans he is harsh and loves to scare them.

History: He was raised by his parents, who were both human-looking demons. When he turned 100 (which is young for a demon), they sent him to school. At first he really hated it, but now he finds that he likes the freedom that the school provides.

strengths: His quick thinking and his charm.

Weaknesses: Crosses

Love?: Sure

other: He can see people souls, that way he know if he wants them or not. Not that but his senses are heighten, just like a vampires.

Theme:(optional): In the dark- Flyleaf
Last edited by Gav on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

42 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:24 am
Kaywiia says...

Crystal

I turned to the girl who must have caused the strange reaction in Balthazar. I pulled a little bottle out of my bag and went over to her. I put the bottle in my back pocket, and struck up a conversation.

"Hi, I'm Crystal, are you new here?" I made my voice perky and sweet, although I had an objective in mind. She looked the opposite of perky, and I ignored it.

"Agnes," she said. I shook her hand with a little too much enthusiasm. I fished around in my mind for some juicy gossip, hoping to distract her from what she'd just seen. She, however, had other ideas. She pointed to Balthazar, "What's up with him?"

"He," I looked for a very human excuse, "has allergies to certain things. And then there are some smells that really attract him. I don't know, he must have liked the way you smell or something." This could work, "He's such a creep."

"Yeah," she tentatively agreed. I shrugged, and took the bottle out of my jeans.

"This is my last bottle, but you need it more than I do," I handed her it, "he hates the way this smells." She uncorked it, and wrinkled her nose. It was my last bottle of Low-Tide. It literally smelled like low tide at the beach, and I adored the scent. She, however, didn't seem to.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 am
f1shes says...

Agnes
Agnes brushed the dirt of her knees and took the bottle from the girl. She tried to smile, but gave off an awkward smirk instead. The reek from inside the container leaked into her nostrils. She felt nauseous and hand to cover her mouth to hide her gags. "What the hell is that?" She sputtered, hiding her hands behind her back. Looking back at the girl, she apologized for cursing. From observing the perky girls at Presand she'd found that they they hardly appreciated when she used vulgarity. Agnes backed away from the bottle to avoid gagging again. She gritted her teeth into another broken smile. Her eyes kept wandering to Balthazar, feeling like she had to keep an eye on him for her own safety.
"What's your name?"
"I'm Crystal!" The girl said with a smile, almost happy enough to churn Agnes' more. She hated girls with that much pep, but decided it was better to have a friend with... whatever it was she saw running around.
The girl was pretty, in a far more unique way than the girls at Agnes' school. But she came off the same way her local girls did, like she always had someone else's story to tell.
"Thanks for the... perfume. But I'll pass. Are there other ways to get him off me that don't involve my gag-reflex?"
The girl didn't find her point funny. I forgot most people don't like barf jokes. I'll make a note of that.
Agnes looked back in Balthazar's direction. Something about him just made her feel cold.

Matthias
Matthias held the paper between two fingers. She had very few classes with him, so if they were both gone people wouldn't assume they had met before. They'll probably think she ran off out of fear. And well, this wouldn't be a first for me.
"Let's go to the fields."
They walked across the school and out a back door, being careful to avoid any teachers. They passed several student hanging out in the hallway, likely having been let out of class early by teachers more concerned with being liked that actually teaching.
The fields seemed to go on forever. The campus was humongous and confusing. Matthias didn't even know what half of the fields were for, and he'd been at the school since he was six. Finally, they reached a gigantic field. The open area was a ditch beneath huge hills, which were covered in the ruins of seats. It resembled the Colosseum, only it seemed like it sprouted from the ground one day and was stumbled upon. He led the girl into a seat at the very top of the far end of the stadium.
"They use this for certain sporting events with other academies. I've always liked it up here because even from across the way, it's hard to tell if we're two kids skipping class or just another detail in the ruins." He pointed down at the seat below them and ran his fingers along the edge, there were carvings into the old stone, "These are on every one of the seats here. I can't imagine how long it could take." He smiled, as if he'd been practicing his speech about the area to himself forever. He grinned and patted her on the back, "You're pretty cool, uh... Rose. Rosie. Rose."

7 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:56 am
untameabletiger says...

~Rose~

The fields felt unending as we walked down them. When we finally stopped, we were at a strange place but I really liked it. He was telling me something about the field, but I wasn't really interested though looked intrigued. I was deep into thought again, but the pat on my back brought me back to reality.

"You're pretty cool, uh... Rose. Rosie. Rose." he said.

The fact that he couldn't remember my name easily when /i told him just a few minuets before, made me both mad and concerned about his memory. I laughed a little and managed to say "Thanks." with a big smile. I played with the neck of my shirt, pulling it up to cover the scars. The last thing I wanted was for him to notice the scars. There was an awkward silence between us for a few seconds. I interrupted it with "You never answered me, what's your name?" My eyes flickered up to meet his as I spoke.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:09 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jules

I gave in. Class was sooo boring today- sub. I rolled my head to the side and shifted, picking my bag up in my jaws. I shook my head, getting a few laughs, and trotted to the door, bumped it open with my muzzle, and loped off, tail swishing happily.

I made a mad dash out into the courtyard, rolling in the grass, my bag lying in the shade of the big oak. I ran in circles, snapped at butterflies, stared down squirrels, heck, even chased my tail. I must be quite the sight- a gray and turquoise wolf, larger than most, occasionally spouting words in clear, human English.

I laid flat on my back, eyes closed, mouth open, sun warming me. Bliss- there was pure bliss in being a dog. I didn't care what they said, I wouldn't trade this. Not for anything.

I rolled over again and shook out leaves and dead grass, giving a fond look at the gray stone school in front of me, with dark ivy creeping up it, and the old, medieval feel to it. My home. I barked in appreciation and curled up under the oak, deciding a nap would be good.

Because, hey, who doesn't love naps?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:56 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Skylee

As we walked to class I kept staring at his muscles and how buff he was for being a part human and part cat,it was so awesome, I almost fell to my knees looking at his gorgeous body but to scared to ask his name.
"What is your name miss?" he asked.
His voice was so masculine and wonderful I didnt even actually hear him til he asked again then stopped right in front of me,"umm...im....Sky-ylee,I mean skylee..Im skylee," I wispered. Then I felt like a total dork because of how I stuttered but all he did was smile and give off a little chuckle then thankfully kept walking.
I never thought to ask him his name so he just started asking me questions like how was I enjoying the exchange,he barely got a reply but I finally straighted out and acted normal before he got scared of me then stopped talking to me at all. I kept thinking,"God im so stupid,how can a guy like him get me all weak I mean he is probably another--"then he intrupted me and asked,"How was your school before you came here?" All I could do was laugh then say,"Well dont get all offended or anything when I say this but..well it was actually pretty normal,you know like regular annoying self-centered people with maybe a few nice people in it." He laughed and said,"Why would I get offended by that? I mean it was your school and therefore your opinion about it and besides this school has the more nicer people in it anyways besides the fact yall humans could get hurt any moment of the day. All of the non-humans are actually pretty nice when they get used to you and not try to kill you."
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 pm
Gav says...

Senri

Upon entering the school one thing caught my attention, the smell of humans. Lifting my nose to the air I inhaled, closed my eyes, and let the smell take over me. A smirk grew on my face as I located the direction that they were in. Gliding over to the general area, I watched as they got off the bus.

Grinning, I stared at them as the got off the bus. One particular girl caught my attention, she had long brown hair with bangs and brown eyes, but before I could approach her, the vampire came over and started to talk to her. She seemed a bit afraid of him. Listing closely I heard part of there conversion. Obviously she wanted to avoid him. Suddenly and without warning, the bell behind me rang. Sighing I turned around and headed toward Hunting 101.

After sitting boringly in class for a couple of minutes, a familiar smell entered my nose. Automatically I sat up and inspected at the door. She walked in, trying not to seem afraid, but I could seem right thought her. I noticed a boy sitting outside the door, watching her to make sure that she was okay. Evidently he did not really care that much, because he walked away after a couple of seconds.

I mange to look away from her, but only for minutes, due to the fact that she started talking. I found out that her name was Skylar and she was here on the exchange program. I smirked when the teacher only put her two seats in front of me.

Her discomfort never left during class, even after the bell rang. She stayed seated, waiting for everyone to leave. I noticed this, so I waited outside the door. After a couple of seconds, she walked out.

“Hey there.” I said.

She looked up, started by the sudden noise. Fear shined in her eyes as she looked up at me. As soon as I saw her eyes, something struck though me. Ignoring it I smiled as sincerely as possible.

“Relax, I won’t hurt you. There are other people that you should be more worried about. “ I stated causally.

“I’m sorry, this is just so strange. So many new things…It’s a little overwhelming.” She uttered.

“I understand. So, where are you heading next?” I said this with the most sincere voice possible.

“Shifting 101.” She stated.

“Awesome, by the way my name is Senri. Nice to meet you Skylar.”

42 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:55 pm
Kaywiia says...

Crystal

"Thanks for the... perfume. But I'll pass. Are there other ways to get him off me that don't involve my gag-reflex?" She asked. I didn't laugh, though she looked at me like I was supposed to.

"Well, any type of perfume will do, really. Just as long as you don't smell like..." I was about tp say you, but that wouldn't have been good, "flowers. He likes flowers." I said, even if I had no clue what he did and didn't like.

"Thanks," she said with a little more enthusiasm.

"Anytime," I smiled, then looked down at my schedule. "Well, I guess it's time for swim team practice." I smiled, waved, and then walked off towards the gym. When I got there, the coach waved me over to him.

"Yes, coach?" I asked.

"Crystal, because of the humans, you can't be on swim team anymore. We can't have you shifting while they are watching." He sighed sympathetically.

"You can't kick me off the team! I'm your best swimmer!" I protested loudly. This was an outrage. I had been their top swimmer for almost three years straight (there were no rules against turning into a mermaid).

"I have to, sweet pea." He ruffled my hair, and gestured to the door. I walked over, left the gym, and slammed the door on my way out. This was terrible.

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest