z

Young Writers Society

Location Unknown: Mission Failed

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue May 18, 2010 3:09 pm
eldEr says...

Rachell Burgess, fighter docks, 12:20pm

I sighed and leaned my head on the seat of my fighter. I stared at the scratched button for a moment, suddenly wondering if anybody had gotten the guts to tamper with my fighter. I didn't know anybody else who had used it, and I was pretty careful about these things...

I shook my head. I needed to stay focused. I followed up on the normal procedures, my mind drifting back to the past. I hadn't thought of the past for nearly two years now, so it was a bit of surprise when the memories flooded me; a memory I longed to forget.

“Dustin! Would you please put that thing down?!” A tear slipped from my eye and slithered down my cheek.

“You don't get it do you? What he did to you?” Dustin's hands were trembling, his forehead beaded in sweat.

I swallowed hard, trying to shake the memory. I was practically choking on my own tears. What was wrong with me? I shook my head, regaining my composure. I checked the oxygen supply. Stable.

“I know what he did to me! I was there, remember? I made that choice too!” I stood between the two men. I glanced back at Mark, who had already been beaten. Blood dripped from his nose and he glared at Dustin with rage.

“Oh stop it Burgess,” I grumbled to myself. There was nothing I could do now. I reached a trembling hand out towards the radio. “Do you read me?”

“Loud and clear,” Hayden's voice crackled back.

My whole body tensed at the sound of his voice. It was our little spat that had opened my mind to the past. Learning that he was married... I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Rachell, get out of the way!”

Dustin chuckled. “Yes Rachell, listen to him. Get out of my way.”

I wasn't going to move; if I did Dustin would pull the trigger. “NO!”

Dustin frowned and I felt him push me out of the way. The gun fired and I screamed.

My whole body was shaking, sweat beading my forehead. I could feel myself on the verge of tears. I wasn't going to cry, not a chance. Especially not on a mission. There would be time for an emotional outburst back in my room; where I was alone.

I let the air escape my lungs slowly and opened my eyes. It was time to go. I willed myself to get a grip and started up my fighter. The take-off was always the best part of the trip. Exhilarating and almost promising in some aspect. I kept my lips in a firm line, not letting myself tear up again. "You are not allowed to cry. Toughen up," I hissed at myself.

Dustin turned and walked away, leaving the bloody body behind him. I dialled 9-1-1 and waited for the dispatcher's voice. “P-police...” I glanced back at Mark's dead body. “And an ambulance...”

The rest was sort of blurry to me, something I was thankful for. I couldn't think about it if I couldn't remember it could I? That memory was so haunting...yet I had managed to escape it for the most part since arriving on Demetre. Why now of all times?

One last deep breath and I was feeling myself again. No need for melodrama now. It wouldn't do anybody any good at all.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue May 18, 2010 6:08 pm
ScarletteRose says...

Lisa Flores | The Bar | 1225 Hours

There weren't many choices for places to "mingle". Lisa was sick of going to the bar. She didn't care for alcohol, but she felt stupid going to the bar and ordering cranberry juice every time. She could always just have it brought to her room.

Ah, her room. Lisa's mind wandered to her room back on earth. It was cramped and questionable smelling and it was no palace, but it was hers. She couldn't say the same for her cold, angular room on the cruiser.

The problem was deep down she was sick of being alone, but sometimes she felt even more alone in the crowded bar.

"...Mountain dew please."

A man caught Lisa's attention. He was tall, obviously a fighter pilot.

"You don't drink?" the owner asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

He wasn't exactly her type, but a conversation couldn't hurt. She was about to scoot closer, but was deterred by the look on his face. He was obviously in deep thought, despite the small talk he was making with the owner.

Lisa laughed at herself internally for being such a moron. She didn't need friends anyway. She had family. Granted, she wasn't very close to her family. Her ambitious ways had severed all communication with them. Then again, why did it matter?

She placed a twenty on the counter and left.

The Hallway | 1235 Hours

Lisa was done mingling. She was going back to being a recluse. There was nothing wrong with being anti-social. Who was her mother to tell her differently?

Lisa shook her head at the adolescent thoughts running through her head. She was an adult woman.

She noticed Captain Riggs and gave a slight nod of recognition. "Captain Riggs."
She respected Captain Riggs for his willingness to take risks, but sometimes a little logical--

Captain Riggs?

Captain Riggs was dead. Lisa backtracked. There was no sign of him.

What the...

Lisa wasn't sure what was going on, but she thought it best to seek professional help. Immediately.

Medical Ward | 1300 hours

Lisa didn't believe in psychologists, therapists, psychiatrists or any jobs of that nature. She felt anything that was ailing someone could either be resolved through modern science or a good whack on the head.

After seeing, Rigg's "ghost", she practically ran for the medical ward. She burst in and noticed a nurse on the floor cleaning up some kind of glass spill. Lisa waited for the nurse to look up before speaking.

"Is Dr. Daniels in?"

The nurse shook her head. "No, but I can squeeze you in for tomorrow at 9 AM. "

"That's fine," Lisa mumbled, knowing this couldn't wait. She knew if she didn't tell someone now she would end up dismissing it as temporary insanity and shut herself up in her room.

The counselor was probably in. Lisa didn't have an appointment, but she only needed five minutes. It wasn't an official appointment or anything. If she felt uncomfortable she could just storm out...
Everyone's favorite life coach.
♪♥♫◦°°◦Lette◦°°◦♫♥♪

My blog: http://empressofsnark.blogspot.com/

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed May 19, 2010 6:33 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Elle-Hall~1:00pm

I got what I needed from Isaac and was headed to my office to file away my notes and then I was going to bed. I was so tired I bumped into several people on my way to the office. I was surprised to find someone waiting outside my office door. I didn’t recognize her.

She must have been part of the 20% of people that had never come to my office.
She had thick black hair and with tined skin and she wore glasses. She looked at me.

“You’re the counselor right?” she said counselor like it was a dirty word.

“Yes, can I help you?”

She looked hesitant. “Let’s talk about this inside.”

I nodded and unlocked my door.

She quickly passed me and sat in one of my seats. I went to my filing cabinet, deposited my interview with Isaac. I sat down in my seat.

“Ok so how can I help you,” I asked.

She looked at me dully. “I saw Riggs,”

Out of all the things I expected this had been the last. I tried to process what she said but it didn’t make sense. She saw Riggs.

“When,” I asked.

“Not too long ago,” she said.

I nodded trying to not show anything on my ace but in reality my mind was whizzing. Isaac saw Riggs, that wasn’t particularly strange but only a few hours later another passenger sees a ghost. I decided to probe to how much the instances were alike.

“So did he appear to be anyone else,” I asked.

She looked at me like I was the crazy one.

Logan~ Communications~ 2:00pm

I was told that we had at the very least managed to connect communications to the two fighters we had set up. I was thankful of that.

“Let me talk to them," I said tapping one of my workers shoulders. He handed over the communications device and I put it into my ear.

“McQuinn, what’s your status?”

“I’m fine,” he said.

“And yours, Burgess,”

“I’m fine as well,” she said. Her voice sounded partially choked off. I doubted she was fine. I looked down at the files I had on the two pilots.

“Are you sure about that Rachelle,” I hated talking to people by their last names like I was some kind of commander.

“I’m positive.”

“You don’t sound fine,” I motioned with my eyes for the others to leave the room. They got up and left and I sat down in one of the chairs.

“Why do you care if I’m fine or not?” I’m doing my job,” she snapped

“I care because you’re a person not a weapon to be used,” I said.

“What are you my mom? Fuck you for trying to act like you understand,” she said before cutting me off.

I sighed. “McQuinn keep an eye on her,”

He didn’t answer he just hung up on me.

“Pilots,” I mumbled. They were going to be the death of me.

I left the room.

“Call me if they report back in,” I said to one of my men absently. I couldn’t help but worry about Rachelle. What whatever was bothering her, could jeopardize the mission she was on and she could get hurt. I didn’t like McQuinn much but I had to believe he’d protect her.

I was walking to my room when I noticed Kat sitting outside Elle’s office crying. Elle didn’t seem to be in. It was rather late.

I hadn’t been able to help Rachelle but maybe I could help her.

I smiled down at her. “Are you ok?”
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Wed May 19, 2010 7:24 pm
LastPaladin says...

Hayden MacQuinn: Uncharted Galaxy - 1430

"Scanning for anything proceed now." Hayden sighed checking console boredly. So silent out here, with only the beeps of the console reminding him sound even existed. She so beautiful, how many fights he'd survived through her.

Outside, no planets, no suns, just an asteroid belt.

"Rachell, scan for anything, I don't care, what ya think about me, we're being relied on!"

"Nothing but space junk," she grumbled.

"I can blinking well see that, but it's not like hurt ya in anyway, so get over it. It's my life, we've a mission and ya moping about it won't help."

No answer, big fucking suprise he thought.

"Look, it has nothing to do with what you told me. It's none of your business, so drop it McQuain."

Changing tune, he replied, "Well, lets go scan wreckage near ship, because we were sent to ass end of nowhere to find a distress signal."

Rachell sighed. "Sounds like a plan."

Turning on thrusters Hayden skillfully moved ship into the area, avoiding the cruiser's hull and exhaust port. This was what he loved, testing his metal and flying like the Ace's of history, from WW1 to the digital age pilots. They were gods.

Following behind him was Rachell, a sob came over the radio.

Ignoring it, he hummed Wild Rover, before she then said, "You do realize, Meg will never ever take you back."

His face changed but he said nothing, "Let's stick to mission, got it!"

"Whatever McQuain," she chuckled bitterly.

"Besides the point, you are amibitious with ya flying, I noticed."

She chuckled again. "Well, I'm not leader for nothin'."

"Not a dumb mistake either, I may be older than in terms of how long been here, but you are much better than the old leader, he was one of the War Vet's ya can imagine?"

"Don't try to sweet-talk me Hayden.

Hayden grew slowly livid, "It's called fucking small talk bitch, not a damn declaration of love!"

"I am not in the mood incase you havn't noticed. Just please..." she trailed off, her voice choking up.

Sighing he then saw something, "Hold on... that can't be right..."

"... what?"

Putting his face in his hands, he rubbed his eyes to check, "These... readings... they can't be correct... otherwise... the location where distress signal was.. we were incorrect... all I'm reading is unknown type of explosive residue within the ether..."

"... that can't be right... check again?" she replied all bravado gone from her voice.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 pm
LittlePetRock says...

Kat ~ The bar ~ 12:00 pm

God I can't take it anymore, the thought kept repeating through my mind like a broken record. I took another shot of tequila to ease the pain.
I hated Hayden so much right now. More than ever. I only had a one-night stand with the son of a bitch and he starts spreading rumors about me. So what if some of them are true, that doesn't give him the right to give me the infamous name of 'Pussy'.

One more shot for good measure. I downed another glass-full. The liquid burned around my lips.
I turned around to head out of the bar and I saw that douche bag from the gym. His eyes locked on mine as he made a beeline straight for me.

"'Ello Pussy," he teased. I balled my hands into a fist as the words stung my heart.
"Go get lost," I growled. His eyes were a cold blue; eyes that shown no feeling or remorse at all.
"Aww come on now. What's it gonna take to get you out of those clothes?" He placed his hands on my hips and clenched. I swatted his hands off of me, and pushed him away. He just moved in closer, his body hugging mine.
I leaned into him and whispered in his ear, "A cold day in hell," I hissed.
I shoved him off of me and stormed out. Anger coursing through my veins. I wanted to beat him to a damn pulp.

Kat ~ The Hallways ~ 12:30 pm

Anger continued to surge through my veins as I made my way to my room. My head began to spin as the several shots of liquor started to take it's toll, I glanced around as paranoia began to set in. I might have even stumbled a bit.
Why does my bloody room have to be at the end of the hall?
I failed to remember that I had requested it. I fumbled for my keys, and twisted the lock. Before I could step inside, a large hand went around my mouth and my abdomen, and shoved me inside. The assailant flicked the light on and I saw his face. It was the guy from the bar.
"You just couldn't cooperate could you?!" he screamed.
"Fuck you," I yelled. He came at me and tried to pin me to the floor. I kept kicking and punching at him, with no luck at all. I tripped over a boot and fell on my face, before I could get up he was on top of me...

Kat ~ The Hallways ~ 1:55 pm.
Tears continued to spill from my face as pain ached throughout my body. I beat on Elle's door until my fists ached in pain. I needed someone to talk to, and Elle was the only person I trusted at the moment.
I crept over to a nearby chair and continued my sobbing. How could I have let this happen? It's all my fault, I've been pretending to be this dirty little whore for so long. It finally caught up to me.
I searched my soul for some glimpse of comfort, and found none. I just wanted to die right here.
I heard soft footfalls coming towards me. I choked up my tears, but they continued to fall. I tried to regain my composure, but I just fell apart more.
"Are you ok?" I heard Logan's voice, his voice seemed so close, yet so far out of reach.
"Nothing, I'm fine," I wiped at the tears on my face.
"Why are you crying?" he inched a little bit closer to me.
"Nothing! Just go away! Please!"
Star light; star bright,
It is time to take flight.
Off I go through the dark of night.
All my hopes and dreams in sight.

384 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 9:02 pm
eldEr says...

Rachell Burgess, Uncharted Galaxy, 2:30pm

Forget about it. There's nothing you can do. I shook my head and tried to focus. Pointless. My mind was laying in that dangerous space between focus and wandering. I was the frickin' squadron leader, I should have power over things like this. I couldn't hold back a single sob.

I needed something to aim my rage at. Why not Hayden? I was in the midst of hating his slimy guts anyways. "You do realize, Meg will never ever take you back."

He changed the subject. "Let's stick to mission, got it!"

"Whatever McQuain," I muttered followed by a bitter chuckle. I thought of saying something alond the lines of "Last name intentionally mispronounced," but though better of it.

"Besides the point, you are amibitious with ya flying, I noticed."

I let myself chuckle again. "Well, I'm not leader for nothin'."

"Not a dumb mistake either, I may be older than in terms of how long been here, but you are much better than the old leader, he was one of the War Vet's ya can imagine?"

My lips formed a thin line. Was he getting somewhere with this? "Don't try to sweet-talk me Hayden.

"It's called fucking small talk bitch, not a damn declaration of love!"

I glared at nothing. Had he been standing infront of me I would have melted him. "I am not in the mood incase you havn't noticed. Just please..." I trailed off, trying to hold back a sob. If I ever got my hands on my brother again...

Hayden's voice came back over the radio, breaking into my malevolent plans, "Hold on... that can't be right..."

"... what?" That could not be a good thing...

"These... readings... they can't be correct... otherwise... the location where distress signal was.. we were incorrect... all I'm reading is unknown type of explosive residue within the ether..."

"... that can't be right... check again?" What the heck was he talking about? I put my tongue between my teeth to keep from grinding them to nubs. As if the daunting memories popping up at the most inconvenient times weren't enough... Focus Rachell, focus. I warned myself, taking a deep breath.

I heard nothing except his heavy breathing, "No... noo... noo this can't be right... nothing else is here..."

I groaned. Great, yet another problem. Was the signal breaking of was he just having a breakdown? If it was the latter he could join the club. "Well, obviously something is here. Nothing's showing up for me..." I looked over the readings again. "Nix that, I've got it too." Wonderful. Beautifully, wonderfully wonderful.

"How is that even possible?"

I rubbed my tongue across my top teeth. "No clue, but it needs to be checked out and reported." I forced my mind to focus on the problem at hand and once again felt like the fearless leader everybody thought I was. Ha, if only they knew...

"I think we should collect some of the substance and prove whether it's what we think it is." He stopped short, "Communications between ship aren't working, looks like we're alone until back inside."

How convenient was that? "Dammit," I grumbled. The worst time possible for this kind of thing to happen. Luck was obviously not something I had obtained today. That and self control. I sighed and bit my lip. "Let's do this then."

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here," he muttered sardonically.

I doubted he was trying to chear me up, but it made me laugh. "Feeling dramatic today are we McQuinn?" Then again, it was more or less true... of course I refused to think that way right now. Too much negativity.

"Always Rachell, always."

I grinned to myself. How come it was that the people you hated most always seemed to be the ones to drag you up from the gutter? So horribly ironic... He almost made me feel guilty about my ill treatment of him earlier. But only almost.
Last edited by eldEr on Thu May 20, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Wed May 19, 2010 9:09 pm
AngerManagement says...

Last- I fixed it! :D

Lizzie

I stood at the bar pouring drinks, cleaning cups, chewing gum, glaring at annoying drunk people when I wasn't really interested in even being here- at the bar I was somewhere else, somewhere like earth. Somewhere slightly normal...not that I didn't thrive on utter chaos.

I leaned my head on the side of the counter trying to ease the throbbing. I knew what that headache needed. It needed a good dose of whiskey, Whiskey that was within an arms reach. No! I screamed internally berating myself for even daring to think of taking a drink. I remembered the ground rules of AA (Alcoholics Anonymous.) "One drink is the root of all evil." Okay so maybe that rule is made up! But you get the idea.

"Annabelle." I said calling to the silent girl who worked along side me at the bar.

She turned to me and then away.

"What?" She asked hoarsely.

"Nothing." She shot me a dirty look or at least I thought she did not that I cared really, it was just good to get some none drunk person's attention. Good or Bad.

I smoothed my hair and poured a glass of whiskey. Oh one drink wouldn't hurt a fly.
Last edited by AngerManagement on Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Anton Chekov

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed May 19, 2010 9:12 pm
Sins says...

Name: Jeff (No surname, just Jeff)

Job: Cleaner/janitor

Description: Jeff is a strange character. He dresses in colourful clothes and has a matching personality. He doesn't think before he acts and is a very impulsive guy. Jeff is always very, very happy and always looks on the bright side of things. Although, when he is upset, he is really upset. He won't talk to anyone and will mutter things to himself. He has ADHD which is partly why he behaves like he does. Jeff is very outgoing and is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. He has a really strong character and is rather loud.

Height: Random... but okay. 6 foot... ish...

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

History: Jeff has a rather complex history. He grew up in a rich family, but he hated it. His mother tried to mould him into what she wanted her son to be. Because of this, Jeff became a very rebellious child. He misbehaved in school and never listened to what he was told to do. When he was fifteen years old, both his mother and father died in a house fire. Jeff's house was burnt down, along with all of his valuable belongings. After that, he was sent to a children's home, which he hated. He was more than happy to get out of the children's home when he did.
Last edited by Sins on Thu May 20, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu May 20, 2010 12:53 pm
Rydia says...

Shaun Paladin; The Bar; 2:00pm; Day 2

I'd lost count of how many patrons I'd had to throw out and how many had just up and left because of the ones I'd not got around to throwing out yet. I was losing my patience and worse than that, it was getting hard to smile and even flirting couldn't take my mind off all this dark business. A man approached my bar. This appeared to be a difficult task and I wondered who'd been buying him drinks. None of my staff would let anybody get as drunk as that. "You're done," I told him sourly. He looked up at me with bleary eyes and didn't seem to understand. He didn't have the brain capacity left to remember how to order a drink either. This was a rare breed of drunk. The quiet ones.

Under normal circumstances, I would have seen him back to his room and got him into bed but I couldn't spare that much time away from the bar, not with this constant teetering on the edge. Maybe I should just call it a day already and close up. The man was looking at me with a pleading expression. He wanted something but his brain was that gone he probably didn't even know what it was. I sighed and threw my cloth into the sink. Going around to the other side of the bar, I took the man by the arm and led him around the back and up the stairs. The bar was set up so that my living quarters were above it, that way I was close at hand if any trouble kicked off. I had a sizeable room and a spare bed in case one of the waitresses needed it.

The man was easy to manipulate. I pressed him very gently into the bed, set a bucket next to it and pulled the covers up. He blinked up at me once or twice but quite soon his instincts kicked in and he was sleeping like a baby. He was a very pretty man and I thought my light kiss on his soft, whiskey flavoured lips was well deserved. I made my way back downstairs and resumed serving drinks but kept an eye out for someone in command coming through the door. I wanted to know more about what was going on.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

384 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 3:21 pm
eldEr says...

Rachell Burgess, Uncharted Galaxy, 2:40pm

I sighed, trying to figure out what to do next. I had managed to force the memories out of my mind. I could bawl my eyes out when I got back and was alone in my room. Oh why not? Checking my communications with Demetre couldn't possibly do any harm. I went on the idea I had been meditating on. Just because Hayden's connections were shot didn't mean that mine had to be. There was that slim hope. "Come in, checking communications." Nothing but static. "Come in, does anybody in that friggen ship read me?" Still nothing.

I groaned and leaned back in my seat. We couldn't even go back to fix the communications; we couldn't contact anybody to request permission.

"You're right... she's only one I loved and just messed it up beyond any redemption..." Hayden's voice cut through the silence and into my thoughts. I almost jumped.

Okay, so now I did feel guilty. Then again, he had brought it upon himself. It took me a moment to think up a decent reply. "But why did you do it to her? You could have gotten couceling instead, but you chose to hurt her," I reminded him firmly, trying not to sound completely heartless.

"I chose a job faraway from it all maybe I was afraid... it be impossible to choose a job that took me further away from her...."

I sighed. So the man did have a heart after all, it was just a bit twisted. "I guess I sort of know how you feel," I murmered. I didn't really, my situation was much different than his...but still...

"I'm a Father you know... no wait... this can wait, we gotta carefully get this substance, and then get back in."

He was what?! Next he was going to tell me he was a child trafficer and had a pet lion named Simba that ate little boys who trespassed onto his property. I had to force myself not to have another spazm. I swallowed and took a few deep breaths. I could yell at him later. "Good plan," I grumbled without a hint of appreciation.

"It's so beautiful the absolute melchonoly of space. This is looking bad though, did we enter a trap, because there no distress signal."

It was a possibility. One that I didn't care to think about righ now. "I don't know Hayden. Let's hope not." I leaned against the back of my seat and resumed chewing my lip.

"It's strange how you can trust someone who hates you..."

I smiled. So I was trusted. I don't know why, but that seemed to make me feel substantionally happier. "Because if they spill to anybody, you won't feel hesitation to rip their guts out?" It was more of a question than an answer and a more of an attempt at lifting the mood than a serious opinion.

"Maybe, the damage from that explosion it's totally mangled the engines, look at them."

Wow, he was an expert subject changer. I took a glance at them and sure enough, they were now rubbish. "Wow...Is there a plot against our poor ship or what the heck is going on?"

"Thankfully, the main engines look alright, but we need a miracle to get out this galaxy, because by my readings on console, we're 50,0000 light years from Earth."

50,000? I whistled. "Well, let's hope for a miracle. Scout ahead," I ordered, my commander composure returning.

"Let's do this. We'll be back in time for lunch."

I chuckled. Back for lunch was unlikely, but why burst his bubble? I had done quite enough of that for one day. "Here's to hopin'!" I shook my head. Hayden was an odd one. He could make you want to shoot his guts out, and yet when you were in the middle of a life-threatening situation, he never failed ot make you laugh.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Thu May 20, 2010 4:20 pm
LastPaladin says...

Hayden MacQuinn: Uncharted Galaxy 1450

Flying off ahead he looked for any signs of anything out here. It was doubtful he'd find anything, let alone a Ham Burger he craved. Something was bothering him, the main engines still worked but it was obvious from even a preliminary inspection that the Hyperdrive engines were destroyed beyond repair.

A sudden jolt brought him back to reality, quickly he radioed Rachell, "Something just shook my ship."

"Keep scouting, it could have been anything. Keep an eye open though."

“Okay, over and out.” He replied back.

Right, no more distractions, lets ready weapons just in case he thought. Looking around, nothing came into view. Just as he was about to go back, the ship shook again and this time he heard the warning on his console, “Fuck, Rachell, I’m blind here, need back up now!”

"I'm right behind you Hayden. I don't see anyth---Holy shit! Is that another fighter!?"

Hayden eased his ship around and there it was, his eyes boggled, “That a ship alright, but not one I’ve seen before.” Leaping into action he fired the missiles missing the target. “Fuck, we need to move away from ship, they’re too crippled to fight this.”

"That thing is unbelievable! Let's move!" she yelled firing her own weapons.

Trying to lock on he noted it’s speed, “Who’s piloting that Evel Kneviel?”

"No clue..." she trailed off.

“Quick, lets give this bastard something to chase after.”

"Most certainly."

Switching to main thrusters he sped off, thinking of how this was a dangerous game of cat and mouse but just far enough to fire without risk of damaging The Demeter more.

“Exhilarating isn’t it?”

She chuckled. "Why yes, yes it is."

Seeing that they were fair distance from the ship, showing up as a spec he switched engines off, just narrowly avoiding barrage of missiles and lasers, “Jesus Christ, I don’t wanna meet you yet.”

"I second that one. We need more backup."

“We don’t have time, we have to do this alone.” Turning on weapons systems he fired dodging all he could, but the ship was much faster than both of them, “Nix that, we can’t go back, nor keep running, what do we do?” panic was clear in his voice he didn’t care.

"I doubt he'll respond well to surrender. We have no choice but to stay and fight to the death." She sounded panicked, perhaps more than him.

Ready to respond he prayed to God, hoping he could be forgiven, just as his ship engine was hit, “NO! Watch out Rachell.”

He saw the fighter, readying new target and firing in slow motion, before they struck, totalling the engines.”

“We’re crippled.”

"I suppose we won't be living through this mission after all..." The panic was replaced by exhaustion.

“This Irish man, ain’t giving up so easily, when I say, fire, our lives just goddamn depend on it!” Breathing, he wondered where did this bravery come from, “We may be out, but lets show them they fucked with wrong people.”

"Hayden you amaze me. Let's do this then!"

Waiting for the unknown fighter to come in for killing shot, he calmed self and watched, waiting, he could hear her breathing heavily. Finally it after like about an hour it flew closer right into their sights. This was either very smart or stupid, but right now they could die by dignity or die by surrender, redemption here I come, “FIRE Rachell, FIRE all we got, NOW!”

"You got it!"

Slamming all the weapon switches he closed his eyes and prayed, betting Rachell was too. This was insane but least they die by dignity if they failed. This was his redemption, his moment to undo all he done wrong. Just as he was accepting he heard, Rachell screaming over radio, “Hayden, stop praying, we hit them point blank! We won.”

“Well... it’s a victory, but still engines are beyond repair, so guess it’s time for confessions, because we went out like heroes, so let’s be honest with one another, this once.”

"You know what? I'm loving that idea."
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu May 20, 2010 4:38 pm
Sins says...

Jeff, The Hallways, 3:54pm

"She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes..." I hummed to myself quietly. "She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes. She'll be coming 'round the mountain, she'll be coming 'round the mountain. She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes."

Being a cleaner on this ship wasn't half boring. While I watched the crew running about the place, having a whale of a time, I was brushing up moulded orange peel. It was better than being in that stupid kids home, I guess. I was beginning to wonder if that was true.

I was picking up a packet of Jelly Tots when all of a sudden, I heard a shuffling noise coming from behind one of the bins. Ignoring the sound, I continued to sing to myself. It was probably a rat or something anyway. As I was about to turn away, I heard the shuffling noise again.

"Hello...?" I said, looking back towards the bin. "If you're hungry, you don't need to eat from the bins. As tempting as they may be... I mean, there are actually some pretty decent things in those bins. I found a bunch of grapes in there yesterday. They were a bit mushy, but they were all right, I guess."

It didn't occur to me that I was probably talking to a rat. It also didn't occur to me that there were no rats in space. Before I had the chance to say anything else, a guy suddenly jumped out of a bin and quickly ran away. Without an ounce of hesitation, I ran after him, dropping my cleaning brush. Finally! Some action!

"Get back here, you toe licker!" I called after the guy as he continued running.

The intruder was fast, but I was even faster. If only he knew about the skills I had. As I chased the man, it felt as though a shot of electricity was racing through my body. Now this was fun. Come one Jeff, I smiled to myself. Bang that sucker up! It didn't take me long to finally catch up with him.

As I grabbed him, he fell to the floor and I jumped on top of him. Hell yeah. I was good. With the guy struggling below me, I began to sing 'She'll be coming round the mountain', once more. I was so impressed with myself, I didn't notice a girl standing beside me. I stopped singing when I finally recognised the girl as Sarah Wellers. Wow. I bet I looked cool.

"Uh..." I said, looking up at Sarah. "Your hair looks nice..."

Sarah simply stared at the, almost unconscious due to suffocation, guy I was sitting on.
Last edited by Sins on Thu May 20, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

384 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm
eldEr says...

Sarah Wellers, The Hallways, 4:02pm

I stared at the janitor. Jeff I believe his name was. "Uh...Your hair looks nice..." I stared at the man he was sitting on. He was a short one.

I shook my head. "You may want to get off of him..." It was more of a suggestion than a request.

He nodded and rolled off the boy, still holding his wrists tightly. Unbelievable. "Want me to take him to Roan for you? I'll give you credit for his capture..." I suggested yet again. "Oh, and your hair looks nice, too." It was a lie of course, but I wasn't one to say anything rude.

"Ummm.....okay...."

I smiled and took the man's wrists. "Please don't blast me into space!" He begged me.

"I won't. But we need to take you to the captain. Roan's a good guy, I'm sure he wouldn't do that to you..." Actually I had no idea what Roan would do. "Good job Jeff, you wanna come?"

His eyes lit up and I giggled. "Sure!"

Rachell Burgess, Uncharted Galaxy, 2:50pm

“Fuck, Rachell, I’m blind here, need back up now!” Hayden shouted.

"I'm right behind you Hayden. I don't see anyth---Holy shit! Is that another fighter!?" I went dramatically from assurance to panic. Now we had a problem. A big one.

“That a ship alright, but not one I’ve seen before. Fuck, we need to move away from ship, they’re too crippled to fight this.”

"That thing is unbelievable! Let's move!" I was astonished. The ship really wasn't like anything we had ever seen before. I fired at it.

“Who’s piloting that Evel Kneviel?”

"No clue..." I trailed off, unsure of what I should say. I took another shot at it, but it just skimmed the side. Dammit!

“Quick, lets give this bastard something to chase after.”

"Most certainly." I grinned. Two people you didn't want to mess with in this world were Hayden and me. As much as I hated to admit it, Hayden was talented.

“Exhilarating isn’t it?”

I chuckled. "Why yes, yes it is." Not only that, it forced the memories out of mind.

“Jesus Christ, I don’t wanna meet you yet.”

"I second that one. We need more backup." I sighed. And just how would we do that? Communications were shot; but whoever was piloting this thing wasn't novice.

“We don’t have time, we have to do this alone.” He paused “Nix that, we can’t go back, nor keep running, what do we do?” His voice was edged with panic, something I was growing accustomed to.

"I doubt he'll respond well to surrender. We have no choice but to stay and fight to the death." In all honesty, I was now panicked. Probably more so than Hayden.

“NO! Watch out Rachell.”

My ship shook violently with the hit and I fought to regain control. Whoever was in that fighter was obviously very experienced indeed.

“We’re crippled.”

Well no shit sherkock.I thought to myself. "I suppose we won't be living through this mission after all..." The panic vanished. Perhaps death wouldn't be such a bad option.

“This Irish man, ain’t giving up so easily, when I say, fire, our lives just goddamn depend on it! We may be out, but lets show them they fucked with wrong people.”

"Hayden you amaze me. Let's do this then!" I grinned broadly. Hayden really did amaze me, in some ways more than others. I was suddenly very glad he had been sent on this mission with me. Commands weren't something I usually took, but Hayden was obviously thinking better than I was. I waited anxiously for his signal.

“FIRE Rachell, FIRE all we got, NOW!” I almost jumped at his voice.

"You got it!" I flipped all of the weapons switches and thought up a quick prayer. We hit! The fighter was down! “Hayden, stop praying, we hit them point blank! We won!” I shrieked.

“Well... it’s a victory, but still engines are beyond repair, so guess it’s time for confessions, because we went out like heroes, so let’s be honest with one another, this once.”

"You know what? I'm loving that idea." In all honesty, I really did. "You gotta go first though." I leaned back on my seat, taking a few deep breathes. What really got me was the fact I was happy to die talking to Hayden. Hayden of all people...and I was happy. I shoved the confusion aside and closed my eyes. For a moment I even wished we were in the same fighter. Of course...just in case our communications shot... Don't you dare start... I warned myself.
Last edited by eldEr on Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu May 20, 2010 6:14 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Logan~Outsiide Elle's office-2:00pm

"Nothing, I'm fine," she wiped the tears from her face

"Why are you crying?" I sat next to her.

"Nothing! Just go away! Please!"

I had failed to get through to Rachelle and I wasn’t making that mistake again.

I noticed that her clothes were slightly dishevelled and she had a bruise on her arms. “Did someone hurt you,” I asked.

She continued to sob. “That pilot we got in a fight with, he… he…” then she broke back into crying but I cold guess what of the sentence was. I felt a sudden surge of anger.

“It’s ok, we’ll get you to the medical ward to have you checked out, they’ll call down Elle and I’ll deal with that pilot scum.” I said smiling at her. She nodded and leaned her head into my shoulder and continued to sob for a few minutes.

There really wasn’t much I could do but I could take this information to Roan and make sure he did something about it.

When she stopped crying and had my sleeve very wet I helped her to her feet and we walked to the medical ward.

“I promise you he’ll pay for this,” I said.

“You’re not going to fight him are you the last time you did that you ended up with a bloody nose,” she said.
I laughed. “No I’m not going to fight him. I’m going to tell the captain get him suspended and held in lock up until we get back home.”

She nodded. I still found her pretty but all chances of a romance seemed to die then. She probably wouldn’t be ready for such an emotional connection for a long time after what happened. I hugged her outside of the medical ward. “I’m going to call Elle and get her down here and I’ll come to visit you later to make sure you’re ok.”

I let go of her and I smiled at her. She nodded her head and went in.

Hall~3:10pm

So I did just that. I called Elle and even though she was asleep at the time when she heard what it was about she rushed to see Kat. I was about to go to Roan’s to tell him about his rouge pilot when I decided to drop off at communications to see if I could make any further progress with Rachelle. I entered the room to see the two men arguing about something.

“What’s going on,” I asked.

Both of them averted their eyes. “Well sir shortly after you left we lost communications with the two fighter pilots.”

I smiled. “You what?”

The line just turned to static we’ve tried several ways to reconnect but it’s not out equipment it’s theirs.”

The thought hit me lack a pile of bricks to the stomach. Their systems were down. What did that mean were they hurt were they dead. Honestly I didn’t care so much about MacQuinn but Rachelle. I imagined her sad and alone with no one but MacQuinn as company. To die like that would be horrible. I felt sick. I could have tried harder to get though to her and now because of my failure she could be hurt, lost or dead.

Warm chunks of vomit coursed through my throat and tumbled out of my mouth. Whatever I had eaten this morning now lay at my feet in a puddle of yellow liquid and chunks.

“Try harder,” I managed to gasp. “I have to take a shower, one of you go tell Roan that a girl was raped today by a pilot and that she I in the medical ward.” I trudged out of the room and went to my room.

His room~ 3:44pm

I peeled off my partially vomited up clothes and tossed them in the trash then got into the shower. As I let the water beat against my body I couldn’t help think that if I had just tried a little bit harder Rachelle would be fine right now. I put my head against the shower wall and let a few tears mix with the cascading shower water.

I failed to save Kat and I failed to save Rachelle

Why was I so useless?
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Sat May 22, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu May 20, 2010 11:12 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Claudia-Fitness Room-3:50 P.M.

If I was going to ever get a job, I'd need to stay fit, I reminded myself as I lifted weights (not too big, I wasn't Superman or anything).

Dean, who drove another fighter, was right beside me, lifting his own weights. "Being left behind is a bitch," he muttered.

"It's not like we won't be able to have a job ever," I said, rolling my eyes. "You could at least try to be supportive about their job."

"Like that'll happen," he said, grinning.

"I kind of expected that," I said, rolling my eyes again. Dean was one of my best guy friends on this hunk of metal, but he really had problems with not being in the middle of the action or something.

I continued to work out. It was the only thing I had to do. Eventually, Dean stood up and stretched. "Want to go downstairs and get drunk?" he said, raising his eyebrows.

"Funny," I said, grinning nonetheless. "But no, I'm good, thanks. I've got better things to do."

"Than get drunk? Damn, you must have some pretty good plans. Want to clue me in?"

"Not really."

Dean looked amused, but then shrugged. "Your choice, hon." he walked out, leaving me alone in the empty room. I glanced at the clock and decided to go downstairs to eat. I left.

Claudia-Galley-6:00 P.M.

"What'll it be?"

"Food would be nice."

I was sitting in the Galley. Despite his promise that he had nothing better to do than lay around and get drunk, Dean was sitting and talking with a couple of other people. I was sitting alone. I had always been solitary.

"Yeah, but what kind of food?" some people had no sense of humor.

"The most expensive kind," I said. "No sea food, though." Ever since I had gotten this job, affording things like this had made me glad. The waitresses thought I was vain. I didn't think so.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Alexa, are there European frat boys
— Carina