z

Young Writers Society

Nate's Dead?! (A Storybook not to scare anyone)

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:31 am
Nutty says...

Nutty sighed, lightly pushing her spork from hand to hand in irritation. She watched the latest of the members squeak and run away from heather's moderator glow, afraid of what had once kept the whole site together.
"Heather, we're not getting anywhere. Do we have another plan?"
Heather shifted uncomfortably, absently replacing an errant comma with a full stop. "I don't know, Nutty. The whole site is in chaos."
"I would rather face the spammians. At least they weren't on our turf."
Nutty was rather uncomfortable, staring out into her beloved storybook section. To the right were the halls, full of old, forgotten storybooks. Nutty squinted into the depths of the storybook archives, and thought she saw something.
"Heather, that way."
"What? There's only memories that way."
"Yeah, memories that blow stuff up. Also, good to hide in- what if we find someone who doesn't want to be found?"
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

I yelped as the Story Book archives area exploded in an inferno of purple and red light. The fiery flower rose up until it covered the area like a cloud.

"What in the writing world is that?" I said.

The members around me had stopped fighting and could only stare at the blaze as it spread further and further out.

*I stopped the fight. It was starting to get confusing, don't you agree?* :P
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:23 am
foxfire says...

Firefox

the confusuion that i had set was great enough for an escape afterwhich i absorb a quick storybook about misfit circus. Heh...

I rested on the other fiction archive fixing my wooden body. The amount of power from the doll and the wires caused a fatigued to my system and i needed some rest. As i waited for a new doll to appear on my belly, a knife was on my neck.

I twist my head to look at a pale girl with a large fringe and wearing dark clothes. She was partly grinning. I grinned back and held her with my wings that had transformed into hands.

"DOn't know how many people are into me right now. I guess i must be famous." I pinned her to the ground while she inserted the knife on my neck. It dislodged my head from my body.
Yet my body had a firm grip on her until she took out a large rifle. SHe pushed me back and fired a couple of shots into my chest. She continued to fire creating holes.

On the ground, i sighed as i let out wires that finally took hold of her.
"Guess you're not a petty fighter...unless you're just one of them."
I grabbed my head and fixed it to my body. I walked towards her and with a release, i let her fall to the ground.
I looked down on her before i grinned.
"You're not half bad..."
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 am
ToritheMonster says...

*Dreamy*
Darn it! He had gotten away intact.And he was still absorbing literary works. Well, he wasn't my problem anymore. I decided to try to find some stable ground to hide in until someone else came along who I could talk to.I headed towards the contests forum. Not much changed there, so I would be safe for a little while.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 am
Mo. says...

*Mo*

As I slowly managed to make sense of everything, my mood worsened. I, who was never in a sad mood, felt terrible, almost suicidal.

Nate. Was. Dead.

It was too much too take in, but I managed to slowly gain my thoughts.

Must. Find. Others. Can't. Use. Grammar. Right. Must. Find. Help.

So I ran, and I ran, and then I bumped into someone. I slowly looked up, careful not to disorientate myself, to see Dreamy standing over me.
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:35 pm
Moo says...

Name: Moo. Just Moo. :P
Personality: Epic.
Physical Description: random teenager in a cow suit. For the win.
Weapon of choice: Her mass army of evil man eating and poor spelling-spewing cows. Rawr :D
Fighting style: Destroy everything with her bovine minions.
Other: Is the evil cow dictator of the Storybook forum. :P
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 pm
bonnie babe says...

Bonnie

'You're not half bad...' Bonnie heard as she fell to the ground.
She looked up at the puppet and grinned, 'Right back at you! I'm Bonnie.'
The wooden creature replied, 'Foxfire, did you hear the news?'
Bonnie stood up and faced Foxfire, 'Yeah!' She looked the puppet suspiciously, 'What will we all do with out Nate?'
She new exactly what she was going to do, she just wanted to be sure about Foxfires opinion on the matter, whether the strange wooden creature could be trusted, she waited for a reply.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" -Einstien

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 pm
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

*Gosh, laughs at the absurd violence* :lol:

I fled into my user portfolio and stayed there, listening to the madness boom outside. How could things have gotten completely out of control? The seconds ticked by, seeming to last hours each. How long would this go on? But the question that hung above them all was, who? Who did it?
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 pm
curiousvampire says...

Vamp

I sat there on the cold hard sidewalk in the cold rain.I didn't care, Nate was dead and YWS was in a hectic frenzy. They were posts of suicide , but Nate would never kill himself even if someone paid him to.....he was killed and I knew it as such.My Blackberry vibrated in my pocket. I dug into my shorts and answered:
"Hello."
"I know who killed Nate," a deep baritone replied.
"What, who is this?! How did you get my number?!" I screamed inti the receiver. "Who killed Nate?!"
" You will get all your answers in do time," the mysterious voice answered before ending the call.
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:53 pm
irishfire says...

** I'm really lost! Help me!**
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:06 pm
skl02134 says...

**Me too Irish, me too**
The key to every locked heart is commonly found hiding within little insecurities.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 pm
foxfire says...

*irish, i think the other people are worrying on who killed nate and are probably starting a quest to find the murderer...if there is one. While for me and Bonnie, we are planning to take over.
*you can joined the former group or just tag along

Firefox

'What will we all do with out Nate?' Bonnie replied.

i grinned and held my hand on my chest. Slowly, i opened my chest revealing a large mass of bright floating substance surrounding a round oval object.

"What else but get the better of it." i closed my chest which was just in time that a new doll face appeared on my belly.
The girl narrowed her eyes and i didn't blame her.I continued, "You see, this whole place is getting piled up with all stuff that no one even used and you know what happens to them. They just piled up like garbage. Think of the works...delicious works...that this world have. I simply scratched the surface. There is more than this and within those stories are characters....just waiting to be renewed.Think of it as a new global leadership. But that is my plan." I said as i began to walk away.
"I'll go with you."
I paused and look at her. She was still narrowing her eyes at me.
I grinned.
"You know what, i had just absorbed a character rom the storybook, Hunger Games...the character was a good fighter. Too bad i had to absorb it. Could have put it to good use. If you are inclined to join me....its your choice...but that doesn't mean i'm going easy."
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

150 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:54 pm
irishfire says...

Ok...

Irish

Irish woke up. Everyone was gone. She frowned. "Crap."

She stood up and began wandering around. Suddenly, her phone vibrated, she slipped it out of her pocket, text message. Of course, torture her with a text.

She opened it anyway. "Do u want 2 know who killed Nate?"

She frowned. And dicided to reply, knowing her mom would kill her but she wanted more info. "Stop using chatspeak and yes I do."

She waited, and soon her phone shook again.

"Ah, a dedicated mmber. Well, you shall soon find out."

She frowned. "Member* and whats that supposed to mean?"

"Your an athor, figure it out."

She groaned. "You're* Author*"

"Stop tht."

"That*"

"-_;"

"-_-*"

"Goodbye."

"Later!"

She shut her phone and took off running. It was getting narrowed down fast, no one on YWS had that bad spelling issues accept for her!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:28 pm
ToritheMonster says...

*Dreamy*

I was sitting quietly in the contests forum when a startled Mo bumped into me. "Umm... hi." I said.
"Nate's dead! YWS is crumbling! Bad gramm--"
I shushed her. "I know. I'm trying to find who killed him."
"Oh. Well, Where should I go?"
"Well.. I'm hiding here for now, but then I'm going to go search for clues. I suggest you hide in your portfolio and calm down, then search for some yourself."
Mo sighed. "Good idea. I..." but she dissapeared. Drat the unstable atmosphere in YWS! People kept dissapearing into other books and stories. Well, hopefully she would find her way to her portfolio.

I sat in the comfort of the contests forum. I was almost nodding off to sleep when a faint beeping noise awakened me. The sound of... a cell phone. I followed it, into the "Other" forum. I walked up quietly to where a dark figure sat, texting away. It seemed to realize that I was there, because it dissapeared. Who was it? A person in a cloak? A monster of sorts? In it's haste, it had left behind it's cell phone. I picked it up, and looked at the text messages to see if they held any clues toward who the user was. I gasped as I read through them. That person knew who killed Nate! I was about to look through the phone's information to see if a name was there, but it exploded. High security... I had to find this mysterious person. But first, I would tell the others.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

150 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:46 pm
irishfire says...

Irish

Irish kept running until she slammed into someone, knocking both of them over.

"I'm so sorry, I-" she saw who it was and beamed clinging to them. "DREAMY!"

She hugged her and quickly pulled away, remembering her phone. "Look at this!" she showed Dreamy her phone and the texts.

Dreamy's eyes went wide. "I just saw someone texting!" Irish gasped. "No way! That must've been him/her/it!"

Dreamy nodded. "We've got to find the others! Do not loose that phone!"

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight