z

Young Writers Society

Starlit (Fantasy)

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:09 am
Gwenevire says...

- I have to leave in like 10! But I will still be here for 10 XD Keep on story bookin'!
Sorry for the double post - :?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:31 am
View Likes
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Name: Imogen \i-mo-gen\

Elements: Fire, Wind, and Darkness

Race/species: Miokoda

Second Nature: A black panther with yellow eyes and sharp claws.

Description: Long black hair that comes to her waist. Violet eyes and pale skin. She's short, for an elf, and petite. Small waist. She wears clothes that allow her to move easily and is comfortible. Carries a knife and knows how to use it, but mostly relies on magic.

Personality: Shy and quiet, but tough and a good fighter. She follows orders only as long as they go along with her own convictions. Keeps to herself a lot and it takes a while for her to open up to new people. She's normally passive and blushes when a guy tries to flirt with her. She enjoys a good fight, but abhors wars and thinks that they should be avoided if possible.

Sibling/s: She has one sister that is younger and she would do anything for, including giving her life.

Basic magic: Darkness.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

441 Reviews

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:34 am
Gwenevire says...

-Hello! Welcome :D I can't do any story booking with you because I have to leave right now. But I can say hello XD
You can post an intro...-

79 Reviews

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:40 am

Intro:

The panther stayed silent, loving night. THis was her favorite time. She loved the darkness, especially when she could become basically invisible with it, alone in the wild, just her and the stars. She heard a rustling...their were hunters a foot! She quickly changed into her human form, wearing a black tank and shorts with silent black boots. The belt around her waist had medicines and knives. There was no way she would be in a strange country without some kind of protection. Her pale skin blended with the moonlight so that if you looked at her at the moment she would look translucent. No emotion crossed her face, no thoughts flashed through her mind, a trick she learned as a young girl. Show no emotion, think nothing, betray nothing. Her mind was the most precious possesion she had. She was not about to allow a stranger to take a look inside! If she thought nothing, there was nothing there to read. She slipped back into the shadows and stood perfectly still as the silence surrounded her.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:55 am
Wolf says...

Gwen/Genevieve/Saffron: Umm...you don't need to tell us when your going. It's annoying for some members to see all these post you've made telling us random things. :oops: Oh, and yes, she can be enslaved. :P
DP: I'll reply to your intro right away!

<<Ayra>>

There was a dead silence. The demon girl said nothing, only shifted slightly. Moonlight fell upon her left ankle, revealing--the Njorden brand.
Ayra gasped; she couldn't help it. Pity registered in the dark depths of her eyes.

Her neck prickled and she spun around, a snarl ripping from her now wolfish muzzle. Fur erupted along her limbs and she morphed into her Second Nature quickly, her eyes gleaming with a cold fire.
It was another Miokoda; she could tell by the panther's ethereal aura and the unconscious grace with which it moved. It glared at her with hard amber eyes, but she didn't flinch.
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

79 Reviews

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:06 am

Someone sensed her. She didn't flinched. She saw it was another Miokoda by the wolf shape it had taken. She always prefered dealing with the elven form, but she wouldn't let the demoned know that. She made her mind go blank, thinking nothing, regestering nothing, accept acknoledging the presence of the demon and other Miokoda. She hadn't seen one of her kind in a while, it was kind of a relief to know she wasn't going to be killed on the spot. But, then again, Miokoda's could be unpredictable. But she wasn't scared. She could defend herself well. She stood perfectly straight, ignoring the hardness in the eyes she saw of this other creature...she had no plan to attack. Hopefully this one wouldn't attack her first. She allowed a slight warning to enter her eyes, the only show of emotion she would allow. Maybe this Miokoda would be wise and not act on impluse. She waited for either of them to react.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:13 am
Maybe says...

Yes, Keep the comments storybook related, please. Thanks.

Ariel

I prowled the black night, my wings folded tightly against my dirty blond coat which by now was stained with blood and dirt. I shook my head defiantly against the small raindrops that constantly pelted my fur and sped up to a trot, looking for a place to get out of the wet. So far my luck had been limited.

My dark eyes scanned the forest quickly. A small spark of light shone in the far distance ahead of me. The rain fell harder as i ran towards the flame, my eyes flashing i it's flickering light.

I stopped abruptly outside a small but dry cave. Voices drifted from the open mouth of the rock. I crouched low to the ground and slunk forward, not sure if i would be welcome...

*The cave is the one that Ayra just left and Kitty's character lives in. Just so theres no more confusion.*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:20 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sina held her wings tightly around her to keep her warm and to ward of the rain. She saw something moving a few feet away. Wolf's ears pricked up and a growl left his throat. The form spun around looking at them. Hyral was bearly visible his cloak hiding him in the darkness. The creature slinked forward and Wolf's growl got louder. There was blood on its coat, but it didn't look like it would attack. Maybe it was a mikoda (sp). Sina held her hand over Wolf's head letting him know not to attack yet, if she pulled her hand away he would but not until she did that.

"Careful, Sina, don't make any stupid choices." Hyral said from the dark, she nodded barely watching the wolf. Wolf growled again, but Sina patted his head and he fell silent, but was crouched and ready to attack at any moment.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:00 pm
Rydia says...

Lydia

I slept a little and awoke to find a note placed carefully upon my chest. I sat up and read it. So Ayra has gone hunting? Nothing unusual there. I wonder what her Second Nature is. Something fierce, I'm sure. I climbed to my feet and smiled across at William and Lethero who were sleeping in the other corner of the cave, both wrapped in blankets. The fire had gone out.

"Are you two going to sleep all night?" I asked, not expecting an answer and already gathering food from my chest, fresh kindling and some matches. Then I heard a light shuffle and turned to the entrance of my home.

"Hello? Is someone out there?" I called, moving so that I could see my visitor. It was a wolf but of the kind I had not see before - dirty, blond fur with touches of red and dark, magnificent wings pressed against her back. I knew it was a she though I couldn't say how. It's an instinct I suppose. You get that used to see different animals, other people's second natures, that you get good at noticing what gender they are.

"Hello, do come in. You must be frozen! I'll have a fire burning soon and there's a stream a little further up the mountain where you can wash in the morning." The creature hesitated, crouched low to the ground but then she padded in and sat down.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:48 pm
Wolf says...

-Yay! I'm so happy with this Storybook!-

<<Ayra>>

She met the panther's gaze evenly, keeping her demeanor one of cool defiance.
When it did not speak, she said lightly, "Well, yet another Miokoda. What brings you to these swamps?"

-So sorry for the super-short post...but I don't know where Imogen is coming from and if you have a plan [DesperateRomantic] I didn't want to mess it up.-
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

79 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 am

(not really...she's just scared at the moment...but she doesn't want anyone else to know that! XD)

Imogen:

"I...I..." She didn't know what to say...she was hardly ever flustered like this! She cleared her throat. "Just hunting. I was hungry. This seemed like the place." Imogen slowly transformed to her human nature, her gorgeous black hair flowing with the wind, rain falling on her bare skin, chills playing across her arms. She didn't make a sudden move, but her hand wavered over her knife. This other Miokoda seemed friendly enough...but that could change with the flip of a coin.

"Who are you, if I may ask?" She allowed mild curiosity to slip through her steel barrior, sounding dignified like the elf she was. She awaited an answer...

441 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:48 pm
Gwenevire says...

Saffron's cold gaze shifted to the panther. Her black hair twisted and leaped in the uproar of winds that she had summoned. Her lips twitched in confusion as she had been blocked out by this Miakoda. She breathed out and her eyes began to change they became bottomless and icy cold. She was working her confusing magic. This could never be stopped. She smiled every so slightly. Only letting the edge of her lips curl up a bit.
She still did not speak and kept her cold gaze upon the two strange Miakoda's.

79 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:35 pm

Imogen:

She noticed this...this...Demon watching her. She hate the actual idea that she may be reading her mind. She allowed nothing to slip through her steel barrior except contempt for someone trying to enter her innnermost thoughts. Hatred filled her, even though she didn't want it to! Tears started to fill her eyes as her barrior was starting to be destroy without concentration on keeping it up. Thoughts of her home and sister overtook her...then she remembered who else was present. She dried her eyes and pushed all thoughts away...except one: hatred.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:02 pm
Maybe says...

Ariel

I cast a stray glance around the small cave. A large chest sat to one corner, two more sleeping people in another. I looked again at the girl who had invied me in. She in turn continued to study me.

I shifted back to my natural form and sat down on the cave floor, wringing my damp hair to rid it of the water. Small droplets fell to the floor and shatered, the light of the fire reflecting in the tiny splashes.

"Who are you?" I asked curiosly.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

441 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:12 pm
Gwenevire says...

Small bits of families and homes slipped out of the panthers mind but where soon replaced by hatred.
Saffron smiled before letting the poor creature loose. She turned into the trees and was gone. (Invisible)

<<Sorry for the short post...
I am in the middle of something els.>>

<<Anyone want to follow Saffron?>>
Last edited by Gwenevire on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang