z

Young Writers Society

Typical Teenagers 2

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:03 am
Dynamo says...

Max heard the doors of the restaurant open. When he looked he saw the guys he encountered in the parking lot at school. The one who's arm he twisted was in a cast. Max let out a weary sigh when they spotted him and came over.

"What's the matter?" Amber asked.

"We have company."
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:26 pm
Knurla says...

She looked over her shoulder and those jocks were standing there. Rage boiled through here; How dare they try to ruin her night? She smashed her napkin down on the table and stood to face them once again.

"What are you doing here?! You will not ruin my night because you're upset you got your a*s whooped!" She gritted her teeth, and people sitting nearby turned to look at her, wide eyed.

"Awww, is the little girly mad because she can't ever get a boyfriend?" They all laughed, and Amber had to resist the urge to break his nose. Max was behind her, grabbing her arm gently, "Yeah, you better get your little girlfriend, boy." Said the jock.

"Come on Amber, we're finished eating. Let's go." Max tugged lightly on her arm and pulled her around the group of jocks, who were still laughing. Max gave the waiter the money for the food and led Amber to her truck, handing her purse to her.

"Oh, I forgot about this." She was still steaming with anger, but thankful he had grabbed it for her. She opened the truck door and sat on the seat, hanging her legs out the side, facing Max. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, pulling it back.

"No problem. Just chill out." He said, forcing a smile out at her.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:49 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna got off the internet and looked around the room. She was hungry, so she quietly slipped down stairs and to the kitchen trying to keep from letting her dad know she was there. She could smell the alchoal he had probably been drinking. She grabbed a banana and popped part of it in her mouth slowly moving up to her room. She was almost there when she heard heavy footsteps behind her.

"Think you could hide from me, girly." She shivered at her dad's voice, and she quickly spun around taking two steps back after she did.

"No, just got a lot of homework." She said, he laughed, her lie hadn't worked, not this time, not that it ever did.

"You think you can hide and lie to me. I'll teach you a lesson for that." He quickly walked towards her.

"BEN!" Senna screached as his hand came in contact with her face throwing her back. She curled up in a ball as he kept hitting her, keeping away from her face. She knew she would have to cover up her arms. She heard Ben curse then her dad took a step back as Ben hit him in the head. She scrambled up and ran to her room locking the door. Tears ran down her face as she looked in the mirror. There was a small cut surronded by a blood red hand print. She quickly washed her face off trying to get the red to go away. Hopefully, if she was lucky there wouldnt' be anything but the scratch. She would get away with out anyone knowing again.

*Yay, finnally a long post :D*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:27 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Roxy

I looked around my room, giving up on the internet. Nothing caught my interest, really. My notebook I used for writing novels and ideas for my various hobbies lay open on my bed, my pen lying on my pillow next to it.

I sighed. I had writers block, so that wouldn't satisfy my need for entertainment. Then, it hit me: Club Trance. It was the only techno-rave club in town, and mostly teens about my age went there. Somehow, Johnny, the manager, had managed to slip past the government alcohol laws and allowed drinking for 18 and older. He was responsible enough to keep it in the "adult range", as he called it.

I went to my closet and pulled out a black tank and swapped my flip-flops for a pair of black Converses. I pulled my hair back and grabbed my keys and some cash from my purse. I remembered that it was ladies night, tonight, so I wouldn't need any cash. I'd get in free and the drinks would be free til midnight. About three hours from now. I wasn't planning on drinking alcohol, I hated the taste, but Frost, the bartender, new how to make some really good strawberry coke.

I slid my cellphone into my back pocket and buttoned it close as I exited the house, locking the door behind me.
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

103 Reviews

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:04 am
Dynamo says...

(Hey, thanks. I was drawing nothing but blanks for my next post until I read yours, Emi.)

Amber let out a ragged sigh as she turned on the ignition. She felt a hand on her shoulder and saw Max looking at her.

"Hey, relax. Everything's fine."

"I know, it's just..." she trailed off. She couldn't exactly tell Max how much fun she was having until those guys showed up. It would make her blush again, and it was getting kind of annoying.

"Look, I know you're angry at those guys. So am I."

She looked at him. "You don't look very angry."

"That's because I don't let my anger show if it's about the little things. Those guys are idiots, you don't need to give them satisfaction by responding to their insults."

"If you didn't pull me out of there I might have hit one of them," she said.

Max smiled and rubbed her shoulder. "I know you would have. You just need to learn to control your anger. We did the right thing to walk out of there. If we responded to their insults with violence we would have created problems we didn't need."

Amber let out another sigh and pulled out of the parking lot. "Well, we still have about two hours. Any ideas on where to go?"

Max closed his eyes for a moment to think. "How about Club Trance? Ladies get in free tonight."
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:19 pm
Knurla says...

Her hands tightened on the steering wheel and her face glowed with excitement. "Great idea!" She reached in her purse and grabbed her cell phone, flipping it open and hitting the speed dial button she called Roxy.

"ROXY!" She practically screamed into the phone. "Yeah, it's me. You going to Club Trance tonight?" She tapped her fingers on the steering wheel.

"Yeah, I'm on my way now. Why?" Roxy said through the phone.

"Me and Max are on our way." She was giddy with excitement.

Roxy hesitated for a moment, the giggled, "I KNEW IT! Well, I'll meet ya there! Bye Pip!" And hung up the phone. Amber sat her phone on the seat next to her, glancing over at Max, and smiling at him.

103 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:29 am
Dynamo says...

(I don't know what to write next.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

So you can't delete posts, at least I can't find the delete thing so this is deleted.
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want a Readers crit???

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:46 pm
Stori says...

Miles

He looked around the park and sighed. Amber was late. He picked a grass blade and twirled it between her thumb and forefinger. "Bother, I forgot to feed Tigre," he muttered.

"Hi, I'm here." Amber grinned as she ran up. "Sorry I'm late."

"Um," grunted Miles. "What do you want to do?"

"I dunno. Maybe go to the movies?"

"What's playing?"

"Ah, Gilgamesh, I think."

Miles pulled a face. "That's rated R."

"Oh, I'm sorry. There's Spider-man, though."

"Heck, why not?" He jumped lightly down from his perch in the oak. "Race you to the theater!"

"Slow down! We can take my car."

"Okay," said Miles, grinning.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

103 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:58 am
Dynamo says...

(I thought something interesting was going to happen at the dance club. Oh well.)
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:19 pm
Knurla says...

(I had planned on it, but TN changed the time....oh well.)

110 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(I'll delete that, sorry, no one else seemed to be posting.)
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:52 pm
Dynamo says...

(OK, so well just start off with Amber and Max going to the dance club. Amber, could you start it off? I can't think of anyway to bring them into the club right now.)
Take that, science!

84 Reviews

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:52 am
Knurla says...

Amber and Max headed into the club, Max holding the door open for her. Always a gentleman. She smiled and stepped inside, Roxy immediately came running.

"Hey Pip!" She almost tackled Amber as she came in, Max laughed.

"Hey guh! What's doin?" Amber returned the hug, and tried to heighten her voice louder than the music thumping through the crowd.

Roxy seemed a little edgy at first, and spoke after a moment's hesitation, "I'll go get us some drinks, why don't you two go sit down." Her eyes skimmed the crowd suspiciously, and she took off toward the bar. Max slid his hand into Amber's, she blushed of course, and he gently tugged her toward a booth near the wall. He sat down and pulled her into the booth next to him, smiling brightly.

Amber was about to say something when a large man heading towards them caught her eye.Oh great, another jock. She turned to face him and her face fell, a mixture of anger and hurt striking her at the same time. She tensed, clenching her fists together in the booth. Max looked at her oddly, then noticed the big guy standing in front of the booth.

He had a short buzz cut, and was probably a foot taller than Amber. Tall and skinny? No, he was all muscle, more muscular than the jocks at school. Amber was practically shaking.

"What are you doing here?" The huge guy said.

"I'm here with my date, Wesley." She glared at him, Wes cringed in anger, maybe even disgust at her words. So that's what Roxy was hiding. Amber thought angrily.

"Whatever. Just leave me alone." He said with a nasty snarl.

"Leave you alone?! You're the one who came over here!" She snapped, almost raising out of her chair, but Max held her gently by the arm.

"Like I said, whatever." He turned and headed back into the crowd, leaving her heated with rage. She turned her eyes down to her lap, body still shaking slightly, and reached desperately for Max's hand.

103 Reviews

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:25 am
Dynamo says...

Max encircled his hand around Amber's. He could tell she was in distress. "Are you going to be OK?" he asked.

She nodded a little to fast. "Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Who was that?" he asked.

"My ex," she said.

Max held her hand a little tighter to make her feel better. "If seeing him here bothers you we can leave."

She shook her head. "No, I don't want to go."

Roxy came back with the drinks then. She handed one to Max be he kindly refused. "No thanks, I don't drink." He turned back to Amber. "So what happened between you guys?"
Take that, science!

Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.
— George Orwell, 1984