z

Young Writers Society

As Darkness Draws Near...

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:25 am
vamplord12 says...

yes they do know that i killed off their characters. i asked and the agreed to it.
there is no such thing as good and evil, there is only power...

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:36 pm
VampireBadger says...

my world desolved. they all just stood there while he explained it all and blood was slowly pooling at the bottom of the coffin. i could smell it. he hadn't screamed. but that seemed worse. snuffed out in his sleep. it didn't seem to matter what he had done. nobody deserved this. i suddenly felt blasing anger! how could these poeple stand about talking calmly as this man, my father, my lover, my Sire, my everything lay dead before me!?

my shoulders shook with tears. i suddenly felt empty, hollow. i expected him to stir, to whisper my name... some sign of life. but no... nothing. he just lay thier, pale, his face set into an ugly death grimace, his eyes cold and staring... i closed them, my fingers lingering on the cold flesh, caressing his lips. my heart seemed to contract and time just seemed to freeze. i kept expecting something to happen, something to fix all this. i would wake up and this would be a dream perhaps. or someone would jump out and shout "april fools!" but no... the seconds continued to tick by though i was unaware of them, and it gradulally came to me.

he was dead. he was gone. he would never again wake me in the mornings with a kiss. he would never again sit and dine with me and tell jokes and stories from hundreds' of years ago. never again would i feel his strong warm embrace. never again would i even hear his soft calming voice. no one would teach me how to be a good true vampire. no one would be there, just to guide, to love me .

before i so much as knew what i was doing, i grabbed a stray knife and dived at my Sire's attacker!
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:12 pm
SishBee says...

*Crag*

A figure sat up on the roof of the apartments. She sighed. Fren was dead.

She had known, when all of a sudden a male voice she didn't recognise screamed into her head, FREN!!! NO! What have I done?

She didn't know where the voice had come from, but she had decided to find out. Whoever this person was, they were obviously a friend of Fren's.

Hello?

No answer.

Hello. My name is Crag. Did you know Fren?

What?

Oh. Who are you and how did you know Fren?

How come you can do this too?

When Fren died, she passed her skill on to me. Now who are you?

Trent. I was Fren's friend.

Where are you? I must speak to you.

I am in Apartment Block 17. Room 8.

Come up onto the roof. Make sure no one follows you.

With that, she severed the connection and drew back into the nights shadows waiting for her mystery guest named Trent.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:26 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent grabbed Celina and threw his arm up to keep the knife from hitting him, it caught his arm, but he quickly pushed it aside out of her hand.

"Why are you stopping me, LET ME GO!" She screeched,

"Because, he'll kill you, he is stronger then you." He said holding onto her tight until she relaxed and started crying again. "It's ok, we'll deal with him."

"H..how?" SHe asked,

"I don't know yet, but we will." He sighed, he had to meet Crag. "How bout you rest in my apartment, I need to go find someone who might help us."

"I don't want to stay by myself." She wispered hoarsly.

"Just for a little while, if I bring anyone with me the help will leave." He said gently leading her to his apartment. "Now stay here, I'll be right back." She nodded and he left going up to where Crag would be. He looked around but no one was there.

"Hello?" He quietly called outloud.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

52 Reviews

Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:01 pm
SishBee says...

Trent?

Yes, its me.

"Good." Crag stepped out from the shadows and made Trent jump.

"Hello." He wasn't sure what to say.

"Hello." She looked a little like Fren, but she was much more beautiful. She had clear white skin, long black slightly wavy hair and piercing bright blue eyes. "What happened to Fren?"

"She..." he swallowed "She, I killed her. By accident!"

Crag nodded. She seemed to understand.

"I was fighting with her Sire when..." he paused, Crag's eyes had narrowed at the sound of Fren's Sire. "What's wrong?"

"Fren's Sire is... nevermind. I don't blame you and I have no side as of yet, although I know Fren held you in great estime. So I do too."

Trent nodded. Without warning, Crag smiled and hugged him. "What the...?"

"Sorry, I think that if we share minds, we are going to have to become friends."

Trent smiled. She was about five years yonger than him, and she didn't know him. Yet, she was so open with him, he couldn't help but like her.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

29 Reviews

Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:47 pm
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

i speed off to my secret burial place where my wife is buried. i look at her grave, a depressed look on my face.

"why did he do this to you?" i asked her, even though i knew she was not going to answer, but i knew that she was listening.

"dont worry my love, i know as well as you, that you loved me, you loved me so much, that you didnt want to cheat on me."

i turned away, tears rolling down my face, but i didnt know it. i went to the hole of a tree and pulled out a shovel. i started digging, still mourning over fren's death.

i unfortunately had to chase off some wolves trying to get to fren's body. i dug for a long time until i was sure that it was deep enough so the wolves or other animals wouldnt get it.

i placed her body carefully in the hole. i was planning on placing her in my coffin, but i remembered that she wasnt very fond of coffins.

i finished burying fren and walked away to go back to my journey looking for this person named crag. little did i know that she was closer than i thought.

even though she passed away, i felt that i should try to get a mental connection with fren.

fren..? are you there?

who is this?

i didnt know who this strange voice was but i decided to keep talking... or thinking in my case.

hey the voice said do you maybe want to meet sometime? since well, you can get a connection with fren?

depends, who is this?

my name, is Crag

Random avatar

Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:07 pm
VampireBadger says...

i lay in his couch, staring blankly at the ceiling. tears wouldn't come anymore. my eyes were dry though my face was still streaked. all that was left was this solid almost tangable emptiness. i hugged myself, feeling incredably alone.

"help...?" i muttered aloud. there was nobody else to speak to si i spoke to myself, pretending my Sire would answer. "what sort of help did he mean...?" then i realised who exactly i was talking to. a man who cheated and stole love. but how could that be true? how could it? he was so lovely, so gentle with me. always, even as he had sank his teeth into my neck, he had stroked my hair.

was it true he had tried to take another's wife? had he forced her into an affair. and then killed her when she wouldn't play ball? i would never have believed it of him... and yet...

"...knows about your background..."

that conversation on the rooftop...he had looked so awkward there. surely he had been sorry for what he had done. surely he would have wanted a fresh start, so he adopted me, raised me... to make up for it...? he loved me. but that didn't matter now. he was gone. it didn't matter if he was sorry or not, it didn't even matter that he had loved me. his love was gone, dead along with his body. so why was my heart aching. why was my love for him still hurting me so much..?

i wanted someone to hold me, someone to care for me once more. against my will i found myself thinking more and more of trent. the lost Fledgling like me. maybe we could find a way together...?

"no!" i shouted fiercly. "he is sweet, kind to me... but that doesn't mean he... he couldn't..."

but i couldn't get the thought of his strong arms holding my close to him as i cried into his chest.

NOTE - The way i interprited it was that i slashed your arm and then you flitted off. how's that. i get to attack you and you get to run off on time with your fledgling.
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

52 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:24 pm
SishBee says...

Crag frowned.

"What is it?" asked Trent.

"Someone else just contacted me in my head. That's not right."

"Who was it?"

"I don't know, they severed the connection once I told them my name."

Trent looked concerned. "Was the voice male or female?"

"Male. And he thought I was Fren at first, thats who he was asking for."

"I think I know who that might have been." Trent leaned against a tv pole.

"Who?"

"Fren's Sire. He appeared the other day."

"Fren's Sire? But, she hated him. She tried to kill him twice, he never knew, but she blamed him for abandoning her as a Fledgling. You know about Fren's Embracing?"

Trent shook his head.

"Well, she was young, very young, about eleven I think. She was Embraced by accident, she never told me exactly how it happened, but it affected her for the rest of her..." She stopped, she didn't want to call it a life.

Trent sighed. "I always wondered why she had become a hunter."

"She Embraced me so that if she died, there would be someone to avenge her. Somehow, I don't think it was your fault."

She smiled and sat cross-legged on the floor. And sent a message off to Fren's Sire. I am waiting for you. Waiting in... hiding, I am hiding in... the Sahara desert. You will find me.

"There, we won't see him for a while. Now, I want you to go and find her. Whoever is lying in the apartment below us, go and get her."

Trent nodded and diserpeared down the side and in through a window.#

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:06 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent swung into his leaving room and looked down at Celina, she was laying on the couch just staring at the ceiling.

"You ok?" He asked sitting on one of the chairs, leaning forward where his arms rested on his knees, looking at her.

"He's gone." She wispered softly,

"Yes, yes he is." Trent sighed, "He was a good man, don't judge him on what that other Sire said, now there is someone that wants to meet you."

"Who?" Celina asked looking at him.

"Fren's fledling." He replied, Celina sat up straight.

I don't get your note Vampire, message me if it was towards me, but I don't get it.
Want a Readers crit???

29 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:47 am
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

"i have to meet her in the sahara desert... now thats an odd place to meet."

i start getting ready to go to the sahara when i remember something...

"i should feed before i leave so i wont be too tired when i get there."

i pack a lot of water and food and i head off. "i just wish that i could have told her my name before she died." i thought. "my mother always said that if i told people my name that i would be hunted down and killed before i could say 'thats not my name.' "

***(notice i didnt say his name, you will figure out his name in my next post)***

*----------later----------*

"ok, i fed, i have water and food... now what am i forgetting?"

"now i know why she wanted me to meet her in the Sahara... the sun. well luckily for me i noticed that."

i decide to mentally connect with her again.

crag, are you there?

yes, i am.

well learn this, im not as stupid as you think. if you are Fren's fledgling, i thought that you would be more trustworthy to me... i guess not now.

what are you talking about?

you know what i am saying, if you are going to be my ally, you need to not plot against me, or else.

i broke the connection and sat back smiling thinking to myself.

now isnt she just a wonder to have around...? well at least she will become a powerful ally once i teach her my ways.

i laughed to myself. "all in good time crag, all in good time," i said aloud

Random avatar

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:24 pm
VampireBadger says...

"fren had a fledgling!?" i stammered.

he nodded.

"take me to her!" i demanded. i suddenly felt restless, active, like i wanted to do something. and now it was the time to act, not sit and stare blackly and think and hope and wish realisty away.now was the time to act!

NOTE - sorry this is short but i'm not at my house and i'm not used to this keynoard and i have no time. also, trent the note earlier was not directed at you but at Sire. okay?

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:32 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*ok*

Trent nodded and led her up the wall to where Crag was.

"Crag, you still there?" He called, she walked out and Celina looked her over. Trent stayed close to her to make sure nothing happened.

"Fren's Sire might show up sooner then we thought." Crag said,

"Ok," Trent looked around, "Lets get to my apartment, it is safer there."
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:08 am
VampireBadger says...

I got a better look at crag inside Trents appartment. she was smaller than trent and most of her features were hidden by her hood and cloak. so Fren had Embraced a fledgling. i wondered if she had recieved the same amount of care and devotion as fren had from her Sire.

"where do you come from." i asked, no longer feeling shy and withdrawn. it was like, with my Sire dead, i had to take over, i had inherited my Sire's authority. "what do you want from us? is fren's Sire casing you?"

"one question at a time, please!" she smirked back.

i didn't take to kindly to this. my temprament was far to delicate at this moment to be tested. "do you realise that poeple have died because of my ignorance. now whether they were good or bad i have no idea, but he - they didn't deserve it!"

a tense silence answered my outburst. then Trent said quietly, "answer her questions..."

NOTE - i have no idea what you look like crag! you may be in replacement of an old character but a profile is still needed thank you!

52 Reviews

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:01 am
SishBee says...

**I did a description of her in one of my posts, but sure, here's a profile...

Name- Crag
Age- 16
Status- None (was a Fledgling)
Appearance- Tall, slim, clear white skin, long black slighty wavy hair, piercing blue eyes.
Personality- More intellegent than Fren and thinks a little more about things before she does them.
Background- No one knew she existed until Fren told her Sire. Fren had kept her a secret to protect her from her Sire. Crag doesn't trust Fren's Sire because of something Fren once told her.

**There you go. I think that about sums her up.**

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:28 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent kept close to both girls to keep either from getting hostal. Celina was on edge from the killing of her Sire, and Crag would be on edge because of Fren's death.

"Under one condition, you two must not fight." He said looking them both in the eyes.

"Who said we would?" Crag asked,

"I'm just saying, don't get any ideas to start fighting each other." He smiled,
Want a Readers crit???

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery