z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Riders

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:29 pm
Maybe says...

Acro suddenly appeared out of the darkness.

"Jeez, Reskid, Still up? You really should get some sleep." Acro said sternly, but smiling all the while. He turned and saw Alania. "And you too, princess."

Acro bowed slightly. Reskid snorted.

"I can say the same to you."

Acro yawned and stretched. "I was asleep. Got in my three hours, and that's all i need." Reskid snorted again.

"What are you doing here, then?" Reskid asked.

"Oh, psh, you know how boring it can get in these treehouses, especially at night. Plus, Luna's asleep sill and i didnt want to wake her."

"Well we're not doing anything fun down here." Reskid said. Acro waved his hand impatiently.

"I knew that." Acro said. Then he got an idea. "Hey, Reskid, remember that place we used to go when we were kids, not that far away from here?"

"Yeah, why?"

"We should take Alania. She'd love it." Acro said, turning his gaze to her.

"Acro, some of us cant go with only three hours sleep like you. I'm beat, and i'm sure Alania is too."

Acro turned his green eyes once again to Alania. "How 'bout it, princess?"

Alania laughed. "So long as you dont call me that anymore."

Acro turned to his friend. "C'mon Reskid. We dont even need our dragons to get us there!" Acro said, a smile playing on his lips. He knew Reskid could not resist, especially with Alania going.

"Fine," he grumbled. Acro smiled and led then down to the forest floor. He stood a moment to get his bearings and started off north. After a few minutes they came to a small stream. Soon the stream grew bigger until it opened into a river. The river led to a waterfall.

"Wow." Alania said, staring at it. "It's beautiful here." she turned to glare at Reskid. "And you said you didnt want to come!"

Acro laughed, the laughter carrying out over the waterfall. "This guy. He's no fun at all!" he teased, nudging Reskid.

"Haha, very funny."
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:33 pm
Lethero says...

"Let's go to the cave behind the waterfall," Acro said when they walked up to it. "If Reskid isn't tired enough."

"I guess," Reskid said crossing his arms.

"You guys thought you could come here with out me," said a voice from up above. Reskid looked up and saw it was Snolik.

"I didn't really want to come, but Acro here did."

Snolik showed his big toothy grin. "He always likes to come to this place doesn't he?"

"Yep."
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:45 pm
Maybe says...

Acro smiled up at Snolik and patted his nose. He looked up in the branches to see if Luna came along. She was no where to be seen, which wasnt unexpected. Acro and Luna were opposites in many ways. Luna loved her sleep and hated water. Acro loved water and hated sleep.

Acro took Alania's hand and helped her under the waterfall. The four of them entered the small cave. Crystals gleamed in the ceiling and walls, making the cave shine. Alania sucked in her breath.

"It's beautiful." she whispered.

"Isnt it? Reskid and I found this place when we were just boys. He doesnt really like to come here that much, but i love it, especially on a night like tonight. You know, full moon and all."

Acro walked deeper into the cave and they heard a scuffling sound. Acro reappeared carrying an unlit torch. He held it before Snolik.

"Think you could light this for me?" he asked. The dragon nodded and blew a small puff of flame, catching the torch on fire. Acro thanked him with another pat on the nose.

They walked farther into the cave until they finally came to the back of it. A few chairs were scattered around and a table sat in the middle.

"Welcome to our hideout." Acro said, giving a mock bow and gesturing like a host would to his guests.

Acro pulled up a stool and sat down on it, crossing his legs. He absently rubbed the scar he had on his upper arm. His eyes grew abstracted as he gazed at the crystals. He sent out a mental call to Luna, telling her where they were, feeling she was awake and looking for them.

After a few moments she appeared in the muth of the cave.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:57 pm
Alice says...

Alania could feel that there was more to the cave that they were seeing. Soon temptation got the better of her, she quickly sent out a mental note to Namarhie telling him not to worry, that she was fine. She also told him where she was going.

While Acro and Riskid reminised Alania slowly walked to the back of the cave.

When she couldn't see very well anymore, she closed her eyes and cupped her hands over them, it took only a minute before her eyes adjusted to the dark. Behind her, Snoink sneezed, sending light through out the cave. The light bounced all around the crystals, growing brighter every time.

She kept walking until the light faded and it was hard without falling. She then took to squatting and feeling for any bumps and such as she walked.

Her hand touched something that wasn't rock, scale or horn. It was hard, smooth and slightly stickey. She pulled her hand away and closed her eyes, letting them ajdust to the light. When she saw what it was she squealed. There was a dead body on the cave floor!
I just lost the game.

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:25 pm
Maybe says...

Acro jumped at the sound of Alania's scream.

"Oi, what was that for?" he asked, rubbing his temples. He quickly picked up the torch and ran over to her. Reskid followed.

"What's-" Acro stopped as he saw the body. He inhaled sharply and grabbed Alania's arm, dragging her away. Reskid stared and Snolik snorted in surprise.

"What...who is that?" Alania asked.

"C'mon, we gotta get out of here!" Acro said, pulling her along. Reskid grabbed the torch and they ran for the opening, snolik rumbling behind.

They were only feet from the cave exit when a figure cloaked in black barred their way. They skidded to a halt.

"Hello." the figure said.

270 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:32 pm
Alice says...

"Um... Acro, who's that?" she asked her voice shaking.

"I'm an old friend Princess, you should remember me."

"I don't."

"I am the bounty hunter for the king and queen, they sent me to retreive you and your captors."

Alania turned to Acro and Riskid, "you already sent the message?"

They ignored her, their attention focused on the bounty hunter.

"You are safe now princess," the bounty hunter said.

There was a quick roar, Alania reconized the roar well, it was Namarhie. Her giant dragon went through the waterfall and landed on the bounty hunter.

We don't have much time, he said they're coming
I just lost the game.

116 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:55 pm
Maybe says...

Acro cast a quick, thankful glance at Namarhie and ducked under the waterfall. He whistled loudly and shrilly and moments later Luna came spiraling down. He jumped on her back and looked over to see the others getting on their dragons. They took off.

"We have to get away from here." Acro called over. They flew quickly to the tree houses to wake the others. Acro went to gather up supplies. He packed fast and reappeared in little over a minute.

*thats all i've got...*

169 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:10 pm
View Likes
Lethero says...

Once everyone got their stuff together. they got on their dragons and began flying out. "Did you call that guy Snolik."

"Reskid," Snolik said, "you can read my mind. You already know the answer."

After they got a distance from the treehouse, they all landed. Once Reskid jumped off Snolik he yelled, "Who sent out for that guy!" No one answered. "Who called him!"

"Reskid," Snolik said, "no one called him."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

270 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:20 am
Alice says...

Alania's hands trembled, her parents were relentless. They would do anything to make sure she was there to get married. Her gag reflexes took control of her at the thought of marrying that twit. She swallowed it, not wanting namarhie to worry.

*all i've got too*
I just lost the game.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:30 pm
Maybe says...

Acro looked into the forest, hoping to pierce through the darkness and see what was there.

"Do you sense anything?" he asked Luna.

"No, there is nothing there. But they are coming so we must hurry. We need to get the princess away if we are to ensure our freedom." she said, yawning slightly.

Acro smiled. "Miss a few minutes of sleep, did we?"

"Humpf." Luna turned her head away. Acro laughed quietly and laid his hand on her shoulder. Then his face turned grim.

"You wont be getting much of it these next few days. That first bounty hunter was only a warning. There will be more." Acro said grimly.

"Yes, there will be many more."

169 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:24 pm
Lethero says...

"Do you know where we can hide?" Alaina asked.

Reskid glanced at Acro who nodded. "Well, there is a place we can go. No humans besides me and Acro know of it, but we'll have a hell of a time getting there."

"Why is that?"

"Well, it's where dragons that don't have riders live. They'll let me me, Acro, Snolik, and Luna in, but I'm not sure about."

"But it'll be our best chance," Acro added.

"Well, let's go there," Alaina answered.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:41 am
Maybe says...

They all got onto their dragons and started going West. Acro called down to Luna, "Do you think they will let them in?".

She shook her head. "I don't know. It's hard to tell with those dragons. They are different than us."

"I just hope they'll let us in." Acro muttered to himself.

*ARG! *throws curses at writers block and fends it off with a pen* i hate writers block!*

169 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:59 am
Lethero says...

"We're there," Reskid called back to the others. Then out of nowhere a lone bloodred dragon appeared. "Hello Herja."

"Hello Reskid," Herja, the red dragon said.

"We wish to come into your lands."

"You got others with you that we do not trust."

"Can they please come in, do you really think me and Acro would put you dragons at risk."

"We will consult the alphas. Come."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

270 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:08 pm
Alice says...

Alania stayed close to Acro, the glares of the dragons and people they passed made her nervous. She didn't want to give them trouble, and she didn't want to leave and cause them even more trouble. She just had to stick it out and hope for the best.

*sorry thats all i can think of*
I just lost the game.

169 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:32 am
Lethero says...

When we reached the caves that contained the alphas, Herja departed leaving us to enter. "Greetings Alphas, Kerop and Liska," Reskid, Acro, Snolik, and Luna said."

"Greetings Dragon Riders Acro and Reskid. Greeting dragons Snolik and Luna. Greetings newcomers," said Kerop and Liska. "We hear that you need to hide."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream