z

Young Writers Society

The Crossing

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Mon May 07, 2007 1:29 am
misspriss says...

Ruben looked away. He was hurting too, but at least he had sense enough to keep it hidden. But then, Baer had always been rather open with his emotions. More truthful too, Ruben thought almost wistfully. Well, he had already chosen his path, he thought resolutely, and it happened to be on the other side of the law. He wondered how much those two girls knew about his father. He wouldn’t become attached to them like Baer, he decided.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon May 21, 2007 8:26 pm
Kinsley says...

Elysia sighed deeply and glanced at Alpheus who was walking beside her. Although their time together had been short, she was becoming attached to everyone. What if something were to happen to them? Any of them, even Ruben? How would Miya react? Recalling specific memories about her hometown Salis had become difficult. It always smelled like...what, flowers? She couldn't remember any more. Everything she tried to picture, even Mother and Father, had become more vague and fuzzy.

Already it was becoming colder and the night time temperatures sometimes reached close to freezing. Instead of sleeping separate like usual, Elysia hugged Miya tight to keep her warm. And the guys didn't seem to mind the closeness when the sun began to sink. Elysia sometimes popped her head up to see the three huddled together fighting each other in their sleep for the warmth that the single blanket provided. Warmer clothing would soon become not just a desire but a necessity as well.
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:50 pm
misspriss says...

((So...we gonna keep this storybook up? I really like it and would be extremely sad for it to fade away...))

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:15 pm
Kinsley says...

Elysia rubbed her sleepy eyes and sat up. It was still dark out and the sky showed no signs of giving up the night to the day. She glanced around, noting the soft sound of the stream trickiling a few yards away. she heard a rustle beside her and she quickly layed back down. Ruben got up, clutching something to his side as he stood. Closing her eyes, Elysia listened to his movements as he walked across the ground. He was coming closer and closer. His footsteps sounded lightly on the ground as he drew closer to the other side of Elysia next Miya. What was he doing?
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway