Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:18 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

Spoiler! :

Hawthorne had finally shown up in my life again, the next day at school. My heart was jumping out of my chest when I saw her. I could finally catch my breath. She was safe, she was there, here I mean. That made me feel like nothing could have happened. I ran up to her with my arms wide open, pulling her into the strongest hug I've ever given.

I've known her for only a week, but it felt like I would know her for much longer.

"I'm dying here." Hawthorne said into my chest.

I pulled away and looked at her. But she moved away, turning her head towards her locker. It was a way to hide her face. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for her to finish getting her stuff out of her locker. It was like her was sorting through it.

"Is everything okay?" I asked with a soft voice.

Somehow this made her body freeze. But then, she started moving again, as if that frigid moment was just her thinking why was she even at her locker. I walked over to her, placing my hand on her shoulder. She pulled away from my grip and started to talk.

"Yeah, everything is good... it's just all this homework they gave me... I have to catch up." she started.

"Oh? You must be exhausted..."

"Tell me about it." she laughed.

She shut her locker and moved away from me. Somehow, I felt better about her. Nothing was bothering her, if something were, I'm sure she would tell me. She shook her head, moving her hood over her head, it sort of covered her face. I walked over to her.

"I'm good Dafnie, just couldn't sleep." she assured me which a strong voice.

I just rose my eyebrows and looked at her. She was picking through her backpack, finally retrieving a book. I took a glimpse at the cover and saw it was a Ernest Hemingway book.

"Long night?" I laughed.

"Just couldn't sleep," she replied with a stuff tone again. "Look, I gotta get to class, see you later?" her face was in her book, as if she were really reading it.

Taking in a breath, I spoke up. "Lunch?"

And she rose her head, her face in full few. I felt all the air escape from my body as I stared. My jaw dropped and she started to move away from me, covering her face with her book and walking.

I followed after her, unsure of what to think of those bruises.

"Rose." I pushed.

She started to walk down the hallway, away from me and into the crowd. I took in a breath and followed after, sure that she was lying. My body was shaking, from the nerves, from worrying. People moved out of my way as I fast walked after her. After a while, I realized... I lost her.

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath.

I turned back and figured I would try to find her after class. As I walked to my first period, I saw Isabelle.

She was standing at a door to the room next to mine, how convenient. I smiled up at her. She smiled back knowingly.

"Hey Isabelle, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good... and you?"

She was clutching a binder to her chest as she leaned against the wall. A few people started to line up behind her; I'm sure there were people collecting behind me too.

"Been better," I laughed. "It's good to see you again! We should definitely hang out." I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." She smiled.

Just then her classroom door opened and people started to pile in. I waved at her and waited for mine patiently. As I waited, I looked down the hall and saw Tattoo guy talking to Rupert. Gag. Why is he friends with him? I was still staring at them as they inched closer. I just wanted to know what Rupert was talking about with a guy like that. And I wanted Tattoo guy to finally notice me.

They were close enough that I could catch words of their conversation. I turned my head toward my class so I wouldn't look like so much a creep anymore.

Party... Girl... Too much to drink... That's all I got from them.

The door to my class opened, so the people behind me started to pile in, pushing me to the side. Why didn't I go inside? I turned on my heel and saw them just a few feet away from me. Maybe I could catch up. Rupert would not like this. I decided to do it. So I started to run after them, taking it slow when I reached them.

"Hey guys," I smiled.

Rupert turned to me and his eyes got wide, while Hot Tattoo Guy just smiled back at me invitingly. Fuck, I wouldn't mind Tattoo Guy.

"Dafnie..." Rupert started. "Hi, long time no..." I cut him off.

"I'm Dafnie," I said to Tattoo guy, completely ignoring Rupert.

"Merrick," he said, and damn, I liked his voice. It was deep. It was like the voice you'd expect from a guy like him, expect better since it's real and you see it and hear it. I would bathe in just his voice.

"Nice name, does it mean anything?"

"I don't think so." He said.

I nodded and looked over at Rupert who was now on my left. He was texting on his phone and somehow, I knew there was something wrong. I had this instinct and I could tell. Just the way he was texting quickly and how his eyebrows were arched together, something was troubling him. Maybe finally his player days are catching up to him. I faced Merrick (It's good to have a name to that face) and smiled. My heart jumped when our eyes met.

"What are you guys doing now?" I asked.

"We are on our free period, so Rup decided to go grab some grub. Wanna join?"

"Why not?" I smirked.

Rupert would really not like this idea. But I kind of didn't care. My phone vibrated in my pocket so I pulled it out, looking at the screen. It was a text message from Danny. How odd. It's been days since we last spoke.

Hey Dafnie

And there was a debate in my head of whether to text back or not. On the one hand, I couldn't be seeing him because Paul doesn't like that. Two, he probably just wants sex. Three, I like him too much to just have sex and I just met him. Four, fuck it.

Hey Danny, what's up?

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and looked back up. Merrick was on his phone and so was Rupert.

"Dafnie is joining us?" Rupert asked without looking away from the screen.

"Yeah," Merrick nodded in reply.

"If you don't mind..." I said to Rupert.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 am
Ciblio says...

Collin

Collin was lost. Lost in his mind, in the school, everywhere. Why? Why was he all of a sudden feeling so guilty for walking away from the girl, just because he was upset? Angry with her because she didn't think before she acted?

He took a sharp turn, and nearly fell. The fact that he almost got beaten up by some douche bags bugged him too. He had to be saved, by some dude he didn't even know. But, at least he knew there were some decent people here.

The boy cleared his throat, and rubbed his cheek, hoping this day was almost over. Hoping he could finally go home so he could talk to his Mom, get lost in his work, distract himself.

Until then, though, he'd have to avoid getting in people's way, and talk to nobody. Unless Dafnie or Paul ran into him, though. Then he'd probably talk to them. They were his friends, after all.

----

Once Collin got home, he was pleased with who was there in his home. Harley. She was here.

It had been three months since the last time they had seen each other, so when he saw her, he ran and jumped on the girl, which didn't do very much good, seeing as she was shorter than him, and still so fragile.

After settling down, the two sat in the living room and made small talk. Collin told her about what had happened at the party, and how he's been feeling lately, in hope that she would give him advice on what to do.

Instead, Harley just smiled, and wriggled her eyebrows as she said, "You're finally seeing an interest in girls, eh?"

Collin turned his face away, and let out a quiet laugh, "You're stupid."

"Okay, okay. Really, though? You like her?" She asked, more serious.

Collin nodded once, and covered his face with his hands, "I dunno what to do."

Harley slim, warm hand slid over his shoulders, and she whispered, "Yeah, you do."

"I do?" He murmured, dropping his hands to the side.

Harley beamed at him, and nodded, "You do."

Before he could reply, her pocket started to buzz, and she sighed, "Hold on."

He watched as his old foster sibling struggled to pull her phone out of her jean pocket, and when she finally did, hit the call button with too much force.

Collin chuckled, ad sat back on the couch, as she talked into the phone.

"Yes! I'm still with my brother. Conner? Don't you remember him?"

"Collin." He corrected.

"Shut up, I like Conner better!" She snapped, before going back to her conversation.

"Yeah, yeah. Is she alright?" There was a pause, then her face became more pleasant, "Oh, good. Alright, well, I gotta go. Mhm, love you too. Bye."

The girl shoved the phone back into her pocket, and turned to Collin, smiling, "What were we talking about again?"

"Who was that?" He asked, ignoring her question. "Will?"

Harley let out a soft laugh, and he barely caught notice of the sad expression that crossed her face for a mere 3 seconds, "William and I broke up a long time ago, Con."

Collin frowned, "Then who was that?"

"Luther? My boyfriend? Don't you remember meeting him?" She questioned, raising a brow.

Collin just shrugged, "I guess I forgot. Why did you guys break up?"

"He just had to deal with some things. And...I guess he never got done with those things, cause I haven't seen him since..mm..I think the Volleyball game." She sighed, pushing her hair away from her face.

"Oh. Hm." He hummed, shrugging his shoulders again.

"Yeah. Hm." She mumbled, leaning back next to him. "What's this girls name, anyways?"

He thought for a moment, then with a quiet yawn, replied with, "Isabelle."

"Describe her to me." She practically demanded, as she twisted around to face him.

The boy hesitated, before he began to describe the girl, "She has this pretty brown hair, and her eyes-"

"What's her reputation, lover boy?" Harley interrupted, her eyes staring him down.

"...reputation?" He asked quietly.

Harley shook her head slowly, "You know, what do people think of her?"

Collin stayed silent, and scratched his head.

"You're not stupid, Con. You know what I mean."

Collin let out a sigh, and rubbed his eyes, "Everybody calls her the school slut."

Harley stared at him in disbelief, and he turned to her just as his adopted mom came in.

"Oh, hi, Mrs. Maye." Harley greeted sweetly.

"Please, honey, call me Monica." The older woman replied back, just as sweet.

Collin cleared his throat, and stood up, "Ah, I have homework that needs to get done."

"Your sister hasn't even been here for that long. You can do it later." His mother said, wiping her hands on her pants.

"I'm actually gonna be in town for a few days, and I have to go unpack my things at the hotel, so I probably need to go anyways." Harley said, standing up, "I'm gonna pick you up tomorrow so we can hang out, kay?"

Collin nodded, and after they hugged each other and she left, he threw himself back onto the couch, deciding to take a nap. Maybe he'd dream about Gisele Bundchen modeling his clothes down the runway.

~~~~

It was Friday. Already. Ugh. Collin woke up, showered, dressed himself, did his hair, then left as soon as he could. The house was all stuffy, and it was hard to breathe. The air was probably off. Again.

Collin was wearing sky blue skinny jeans, a collared orange shirt with a blinding white blazer, orange converse, and his usual black fedora.

With his messenger bag slung over his shoulder, and his hands in his pockets, he began his 10 minute walk towards his school.

His mother had offered to drive him because the weather was getting colder by the week, but he refused. He told her that walking would be a good way to clear his mind. Though, his father said walking would be a good way to lose weight. Whut? Collin was 127 lbs, how skinny did Jim want him?

Collin let out a sigh, and stared ahead, already lost in his thoughts.

He'd been thinking a lot about Isabelle, and he couldn't seem to get her off his mind.

He wanted to fix her. Like, the way he fixed old, ratty clothes. He wanted to restore her. The way she thought about herself, how she dressed, the things she did. He wanted to help her.

Collin wanted to help her get to the point that she respected herself, thought better of herself, he just wanted to help her.

He could see through her disguise. He could see past the fake smile, and the look she forced herself to display. He knew, because he used to do that. When he lived in the Orphanage, he would be teased at school, so he had decided to just ignore everyone ad everything. Halana, the foster mom, had let him do homeschooling because the teachers told her that they found him sitting in the janitors closet, crying because a kid told him his parents hated him. He pulled the fake smile with his foster siblings, who didn't buy it. He forced himself to believe that he was happy. But he wasn't.

She was doing the same thing. She was trying to convince everyone that she didn't care what they thought, she forced herself to believe that doing what she did wasn't hurting anyone. But it was. It was hurting her. He didn't know what she went through, or what she is going through, but he could tell it wasn't good. He could see that she was struggling with herself. And he was going to help her. Shape her back into the girl she probably used to be. Mold her to be the better person she obviously so desperately wants to be.

Collin blinked, and stared at the huge building in front of him. He hadn't realized that he was already there.

With a sigh, he stared walking again, losing himself in thought again. But this time, he was keeping a eye out for a certain girl.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:10 pm
KingLucifer says...

Daniel Belov

9th Day 2nd Year

I can be a "bad" influence at times. Hunter, Merrick, and Dafnie, one of these people simply didn't belong, or was to stupid to belong. I took a drag from my ciggerette as I sat crosslegged in my room my window open and an autum breeze carrying the smoke away. Hunter I thought was okay at first, until he decisded to try and fight me, big mistake. Cat came to me of her own volition and she didn't tell me her real name was Cat, she told me her name was Roza, the russian form of Rose, it also didn't hurt the fact that was a red head.

There was also the fact that she didn't tell me Hunter was her boyfriend, my fault I guess since I should have been listening to gossip and not worrying about the police breaking down school doors. My phone vibrated and I picked it up and looked at and saw Dafnie's message. I texted back without second thought, I needed to clear the air of where we stand as both friends and what happened Friday.

I would like to chat, I prefer in person when can you meet me? Sent.

The Merrick guy I found a bit intersting the tattoos gave me a few ideas of what he was like. The Yin Yang Tattoo meant he valued balence, the dragon tattoo on his right should meant he values wisdom and power. I wondered if he had others where I couldn't see them I took a long drag and then blew the smoke out though my nose and tapped my cig over my ciggerette bow getting rid of the hanging ash.

My phone vibrates again I pick it up and look at it, MCDonalds and in thirty[/] I texted back, [i]k

I knew where she was talking, probably the one that was close Lincole Wood it was roughly a fifteen minute walk there. I took another drag from my ciggerette before finally flicking the end out the window.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

267 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:26 am
Nike says...

Spoiler! :
@shinethroughthedark !!!!! HARLEY!!!

Rupert Jean Franz

Somehow Dafnie was here and somehow I didn't bother to say anything about it. Merrick and her seem to be getting along quite well. I don't know what he could see in her. She's a slut.

Though, I shouldn't say it like that, I had sex with her. But in Freshman year, she went around like crazy. Guys would get her drunk and she'd be down. It's not like it was entirely her fault, she didn't ask for it, but it happened. Now she pretends to be this good person and shit. Actually, I think she was played the whole time. Like, she didn't want to have all that sex, but it came to her. But she didn't say no.

We just finished eating at this local Diner called Mac's. It was in a small village not too far from Lincoln. The village was named Martha's Garden. A spin off to Martha's Vineyard. Yes, I agree, lame. But the village was beautiful.

I could tell Dafnie liked it, she couldn't remove that smile from her face.

"I'm stuffed." Dafnie said.

We were still at the table in this small, crowded, diner. The waiter, Mac himself, came up to us with a frown lining his face.

"Here's the check." he huffed.

I would say he was in his thirties and tended to forget to shave after a few days. The beard was coming in. I smiled up at him and took the check, reading the orders. He sauntered off.

I went through my wallet and pulled out a ten for my half. Merrick placed down some cash and so did Dafnie. We all got up, Mac took the money, and we left. The door made a chime noise as we stepped outside again.

"Where did you find this place Rupert? It's amazing!" Dafnie still couldn't help but smile.

"Just drove by here once." I said,

Of course, I wouldn't tell her the truth. I lived here when I was a kid. My parents had me stay with my aunt for while. They liked to travel a lot, and when they did, I got stuck here for how ever long they were gone. This town was not far from my school, but it was still a ride.

"We should get going, class starts in thirty minutes." Merrick mentioned.

I looked at my watch and nodded in agreement. We went over to my car which was parked just in front of us.

So when we got back to school, Dafnie went her way and Merrick stuck by me. We had the next class together. She probably gave him her number during the goodbye's. I know it. Just by the way Merrick was running his hand over his jean pocket, tempted to take it out.

I didn't say anything about it, not my problem. She's a character and if you get into it, good luck.

"Hey, did you talk to Jessie?"

Since the party, Merrick and I have been talking a lot. We've gotten pretty close, texting everyday and stuff. I feel like I could tell him anything. And recently, I told him about what Jess said back at my house. How should I react to that?

"Not yet... " I sighed. "It's just, dude, she wants to be serious. I don't need that right now. I just wanted to have fun." It sounded more stupid saying it out loud. When it comes to this stuff, saying it to Merrick sounded stupid.

It's like I felt judged.

There was a shift in the air in which he pulled his backpack strap higher onto his shoulder and I awkwardly waited for him to say something.

"Have you maybe ever thought maybe not to play around?" he suggested. "Girls have feelings, no?"

"Of course they do." I laughed.

He shook his head. "Yeah, you know that, but you don't treat them like that."

"What are you saying?"

I felt my body tense up as I stopped walking. He was still taking steps ahead, not realizing I was stuck here. Then, he turned his head, saw me, and came back. My heart raced as I searched his eyes for something.

"Have you noticed that every girl you get with, you only have sex with them? And have you noticed that that isn't the way you do it?" His voice was hard, completely judging me. "They have feelings. Have you wanted to be with them, not only have sex and move on? Stay with one girl?"

Oh shit.

I couldn't say anything, I felt like there was nothing to say. Somehow, his words were getting to me, making my palms sweat. I slid my hands into my pockets and looked away from him for a second.

"I was with one girl... and it was for years..." I started. "And it sucked." that's all I could say without breaking down my cover of being the player, strong guy.

He waited for me to say something else but I couldn't. So I walked off in the other direction, not looking back.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:30 am
Gravity says...

Spoiler! :
@LordGreenleaf haha are you going to post?

I was ecstatic the next few days. Rupert wouldn't look at me, or Hawthorne for that matter, and Hunter and I... well... we were sort of a thing. I was waiting for it to be official, but he was sick Monday. When I texted him and he didn't respond, I was a little worried, but tried not to let that put a damper on my mood.

At least, until I saw Hawthorne.

"Rose, what's wrong? What happened?" her hair had fallen like a curtain around her face, hiding the bruising around her left eye.

"Nothing, Cole. I'm okay." She walked away from me, but when I tried to go after her, she was lost in the crowd.

I was happiest in art class.We were working on landscapes, using watercolor and chalk. I enjoyed moving my pencil across paper, sketching out my picture and then making it come to life with the materials my teacher handed out.

Then I made a decision. In French class, I walked up to Rupert and sat next to him. He cringed away from me, almost falling out of my seat.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"To apologize." My crisp, French accent rang through the air and he turned towards me.

"Uh huh."

"I'm sorry I slammed you against the lockers, I'm sorry I threatened you. But since you quit screwing around with Hawthorne, it obviously worked."

He scoffed, turning away again.

"If it helps, I'm throwing a party at my house on Friday night, and you're the first to know."

"I have a million parties I could be going to Friday night. What's so special about yours?" He asked.

"Nothing. But since I'm close with Hawthorne and Dafnie, they'll most likely both be there. And you and I both know that if Dafnie is there, Merrick probably will too. You in?"

He paused before saying...

Spoiler! :
@Nike, your call
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:18 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Merrick

Spoiler! :
Sorry it's so short, you guys. I didn't know what else to do with the post @Nike @Gravity :/I'm starting Hawthorne's post now, so hopefully it won't be too long.

I watched Rupert walk off with a shake of my head. He probably thought I'd been judging him, but I wasn't. I was in no position to judge anyone, not that I would anyway. The only reason I said anything was because I thought he needed to hear what he sounded like when he said what he said. It looked like he realized how he'd sounded. Rupert was probably running it through his head right now.

pushing that from mine, I pulled my phone out to check for messages, finding none. Amara's have usually blown up my phone with how bored she was by now. Hm. Something must have her occupied for once. I shrugged, reaching into my locker for my car keys.

"Hey," came a feminine voice from behind me.

I remembered that voice as I turned around and found Tatianna standing there with a sexy smile on her face. She saddles closer, running her small hands over my chest. Her dark chestnut hair had been straightened, where as at Rupert's movie party, it had soft curls with a light bounce to it. It complimented her oval shaped face, and threw contrast to her icy blue eyes. Her hair had felt so soft when i'd played with it.

"I had a great time with you," she licked her lips.

"I'm glad you did." I pull at a lock of her hair.

It was as soft as it had been before, and so smooth.

"You were certainly very generous," her voice dropped an octave as one of her fingers glided along my chest.

"I aim to please," was my response, though I was focused more on her hair than what she was saying, a little smirk played across my mouth.

She hooked her finger into the front of my jeans, pressing herself against me. Her other hand came up, grabbing my ass. Then the other hand came up, cupping the boys downstairs, and I couldn't hide the shock on my face. She smiled devilishly, licking her lips. She leaned forward, kissing my neck.

"Let me know if I can ever return the favor." then she turned, sauntering off.

I blew a low whistle as I watched, closing my locker and heading off in the opposite direction.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

267 Reviews

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:32 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto
Spoiler! :
@Avalon

Yes, I was nervous. If a guy wants to meet up soon, it means it's important. They don't just go out of their way to see you. Well, at least not the guys I've met.

I was at McDonald's. Why were we here? I would have rather met up at school. There were a few people here and there, it wasn't crowded and the smell of burnt fries filled my nose with disgust. I wasn't a fan.

Just a few minutes ago, I decided to sit at a table and wait for him, since standing was boring and he wasn't here yet.

Speaking of the devil.

Danny walked through the entrance, looking for me. I waved my hand and he nodded once he noticed. He walked over and sat down. My heart started to race. He had an effect on me and I did not like it.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," he replied.

We just looked at each other for a second, I guess contemplating who should talk first. Though, this was his idea.

"Dafnie, we need to get something straight here." he said.

And those words are something I already knew. Danny and I haven't done anything since the party, only texted like maybe once. What was going on wasn't anything, I could admit that. I just realized that I liked him, so I'm starting to get something out of this. Like flirting more. But he obviously thinks I'm like every other girl.

So I stopped him from saying anything.

"I don't think we are in some sort of relationship if that's what you're saying." I said. "We had sex once." and it was me who sounded like a player.

His eyes went wide as he tried to form a reply.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:23 am
AlmondEyes says...

Hawthorne

Spoiler! :
Sorry my post sucks you guys, but now that I've posted, someone else can go @Gravity @shinethroughthedark.@LordGreenleaf, I thought our characters should meet.

I knew I wouldn't be able to avoid them for very long. They'd both seen the enormous bruise on my face. As soon as they spotted me, they would be firing questions as me faster than I would be able to answer them. I don't know why this was such a big deal. I'd just lie like every other time. I run into a door or bumped against something. That's what I'd said when teachers and other people had asked. People around here knew I actually was a clutz, so it wasn't that much of a stretch. Covering the bruises with a jacket was just as well. Not a big deal. I kept my head down. As I followed along with Mrs.Xingyi's lesson for class, not really paying attention.

I don't know how long I just sat there, staring at the desk in front of me. The throbbing pain in my cheek was starting to get to me, spurning a headache. My face had began to hurt, but there was nothing I could do about that except suck it up. I gingerly rubbed the sore spot with a silent sigh of resignation, wondering if the pain would ever end.

"Ms. Snow?" Mrs. Xingyi came to stand in front of me. "Are you paying attention?"

I nodded my head, but said nothing. She stood there for a moment before returning to the lesson. She had her eyes on me for the rest of class. As the bell rang signaling the end, I practically flew out the door. Lunch was about to start, so at least I would have some to myself. I found the tree i'd been under when Rupert struck up a conversation with me, and sat down beneath it, cloaked by it's refreshingly cool shadow. It did wonders for my headache as I lay my head back against the tree. There was a gentle breeze in the air, and I watched as the grass flowed with the wind, yawning as I did so.

It felt so nice to just relax....

I didn't realized i'd fallen asleep until something shook me awake, giving me a start.

"Hey," someone said. "Are you ok?"

I rubbed my eyes, trying to pull myself out from under the groggy haze I was in. I sat up, scratching my head as I went and looking around, then to see who had woken me. It was a guy. Pale from what I could tell, with blonde hair that played around his ears.

"What time is it?" I look around for my bag.

"Lunch is almost over." the guy said

"Lunch?" I rubbed my right temple, running a hand through my mussed up hair nibbling on my lower lip sleepily.

"Yea," he said. "There's still about ten minutes left. Are you sure you're ok? That bruise on your face looks pretty mean."

I froze, as did my hand. How could he have seen my bruise? We were under the shade of a tree. Was it really that bad? after a while, you just get used to seeing ugly marks on your face. Reaching back, I grab my bag and rush to my feet.

"Thanks for your concern, but i'm fine," I call back over my shoulder as I scurry away.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

271 Reviews

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:46 pm
Gravity says...

Cole
I was driving, happy to have FINALLY gotten my American ID. My first trip on an American road. So, I called Hunter.

"Hey! Guess what!" I said excitedly, gripping the bottom of the wheel with one hand.

"What?"

I smiled and paused before continuing, "I'm driving!"

"That's great," he said, "How did you get a license without being an American citizen?"

"Since I'm an exchange student I guess whatever program I have allowed me to get a license here? I have no idea, my host parents just made an appointment for me to take my driving test and I did. Maybe it's because I'm here for a year at least?" I could almost see him shrugging over the phone. I checked the time, knowing my host parents didn't really expect me home. They were pretty loose. I wanted to see if Hunter and I could grab dinner or something.

"Do you want to maybe go out to eat or something? I-" But I never got to finish my sentence. I hadn't bee paying attention to the road and I wasn't used to driving on the right side.

All I remembered was an impact, then a pain in my left side. Then everything was black.

Spoiler! :

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:19 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

Spoiler! :
I don't know how short this shall be but sorry for not posting awhile! :)

I sat alone at lunch. This school year was actually beginning to get worse. Everything I have become since my middle school years have all came back to haunt me, maybe I was a bad person but I still didn't deserve to be judged.

I got my tray of food and sat in the corner table. "Isabelle?" I heard someone ask. I looked up only to see Gezabelle, yes we both have belle in our names. So what?

I gave her a half smile and she quickly joined me. "What is wrong with you this year?" she asked. I shrugged my shoulders, I guess it was kind of obvious how weak and obnoxious I have became.

"I just keep screwing the good things in my life up. I just don't even know anymore." I reply. She gripped her sandwich in her hand and took a bite. I didn't even feel like eating honestly. I was definitely bummed.

"You should talk to him again." she said out of nowhere. I looked towards her like she was crazy. "You know we can always tell what troubles you Issy. And besides, when you were sleeping in class the other day, well, I heard you say someone's name." she answered.

My eyes widened, oh no. No telling how many people heard me if she heard it. The bad part is, I remember the dream like it was yesterday. Not giving any details, but lets just say, it got a little crazy in that head of mine.

I laid my head on the table and just looked at the ceiling. "Why the hell am I getting upset over a guy anyways?" I ask, but mainly to myself. She shrugged and I let out a small laugh because I realized I wasn't even talking to her.

Without another word I got up, I wouldn't taking ignorance, I wanted to talk and Collin will talk to me, rather he wants to or not. I need answers!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:14 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz
Spoiler! :
Guys... Rup is cocky and mean, but not that much. CALM down on the mean. He can be pleasant. Or at least decent...

I thought about what Cole said and decided my reply was too harsh. I don't go to a million parties. And since she invited me out of the goodness in her heart, I would definetly go... but because I was rude, I spoiled my chance. But, just maybe.

"So, you doin' anything tonight?" Philip asked.

Shaking my head, I closed my eyes for a second. Opening them, I saw Philip with his attention at his phone, smirking at whatever he was reading. I leaned against the lockers, my hands in my pockets.

"Nope," I popped the 'p'.

He rose an eyebrow then hit my arm with a smile.

"What?" I asked, feeling my body tense.

"I saw Cole almost beat you up... and then you guys had a civil convo? What are you guys? Dating?" he asked. "Are you guys pretending to hate each other?"

I felt my jaw drop before I could for even process what he had just said. A smile cracked on his face, reacting to my reaction. Wonderful.

"There is nothing between Cole and I... she actually hates me." I admitted.

"Yeah, not a few minutes ago."

Sighing, I ran my hands down my face. There was no explaining to Philip. I heard him getting text messages, each message was accompanied by the popular iPhone 'ding'. I even had that. I pulled my hands away and looked ahead, seeing students pulling stuff from their lockers. Everyone was headed home.

"She invited me to her party. She forgave me for being such a dick. I even think she's too nice... she believes people deserve more then one chance. I wouldn't have given me a chance, but she did."

"You are sounding smart, stop." Philip laughed. "Maybe she was just jealous. Girls do that."

I rose an eyebrow in question.

"They act mean when they like a guy, reverse psychology. I can be smart too."

I shook my head and pushed myself from the wall of lockers, headed toward the exit which was just down the hall. The doors were already open and pretty much all the students have escaped other than a few of us. So it was easy getting out. Cold air brushed against me as I neared the doors, Philip was in tow.

"So are you going?" Philip asked from behind me.

I nodded, "Yeah, sure."

I was at Starbucks when I saw Jessie again. She was alone, in line, looking at the signs. Probably debating on what to order. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, somehow just seeing her made my stomach do weird things.

The soft music just made my head hurt and the people talking all sounded too smart and intellectual. My only solemn was the coffee beans, their smell flooded my nose.

What she told me a few nights ago... I had no answer for that. I didn't want a relationship. That was the last thing I wanted. But damn, I wanted her. Was that too much to ask for? I wanted her. Her body. Her face. Her lips. I could remember to this day how soft they were, pressed against mine. How sloppy we were, she was low on practice.

And there we go... I really shouldn't think dirty while standing in line cause my friend was definitely pleased and it was showing.

Dogs. Dogs. Cars. Telephones. Math. Math. Math. Math. Math.

"Sir, what would you like to order?"

And I snapped out of my Math Trance, seeing the Barista shining her white smile. She looked to be in her twenties and was definitely interested in me. My friend had died down, so I was safe from embarrassment.

"Hey," I put on my smirk, reading the name on her shirt. "Melody,"

A blush rose in her cheeks as she stared back at me.

"One venti coffee, leave room for cream." I ended.

She tapped some buttons on the screen as I pulled out my phone, opening up the App. Once I found the card on it, I pointed it toward the scanner. But she then shook her head and covered the red light with her hand.

"I have it covered." she smiled.

I nodded, sliding my phone back into my pocket and walked over to the other end of the counter and waited for my beverage. Jessie was there too, but I don't think she noticed me.

Gulping, I pulled my phone back out and decided to text. It seemed less awkward that way. She knew I was here, I could feel her knowing I was here. But she didn't do anything and neither did I. We just accepted our presences.

The reminds me, I haven't really spoken to Merrick. It hasn't been great between us... he was disappointed in me. Jesus, why.

I looked up and saw Jessie grab her beverage, thanking the barista with a soft smile. She's so nice. I couldn't pull my eyes away as she walked off, leaving the building.

"Coffee with room." that was me.

I snapped out of my trance and walked over, taking my drink. That's when I noticed something was written on it.

555-098=7651 Mel B

Not surprised. I'll call her later.

267 Reviews

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:58 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Leto

I went to work for a few hours, 7-10. I worked ta the airport as a wheelchair pusher in the International Terminal. It was something to pass the time and have money. Once I came home though, I opened up Facebook.

Oh, what a mistake it was.

I guess I was a huge target.

Look at the whore! She has awoken from hibernation! Finally!
Dafnie, you should go to a convent.
Hit me up?

I closed my eyes, trying to calm my racing heart. Where did this come from? Opening them again, I scrolled through my news feed and read along. Maybe there were pictures from like a year ago still going around and they thought that was recent. No pictures.

Nothing but words.

And all hate against me.

Not again.

I shut the laptop and hid my face in my hands, feeling all these tears rush past my eyes and down my cheeks.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, but I was too afraid to look. I picked it out and hit open, reading a text.

Hey, are you kay?

It was Paul, of course it was Paul.

Don't listen to them...

That was Collin.

I had two friends... Collin and Paul. And somehow, they made me sob even more and I had no idea what to do.

271 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:08 am
Gravity says...

Cole
When I woke up, I was in a hospital bed. A machine was beeping obnoxiously and I was sore. I couldn't move, my chest was tight. And I was alone.

A nurse walked in the room just then.

"Hello," she checked the clipboard, "Colette." She smiled at me, but her eyes were sad.

"What's wrong? Where are my parents? Where's Hunter?" I demanded, the words coming out firm but slurred.

"We called your parents and they booked an international flight here, they'll be here in about two days. As for the handsome young man in the waiting room... he showed up here a couple hours ago and nearly punched one of our security guards to see you. But he's in the waiting room."

"Blonde? Blue eyes?" She nodded, a slight smile on her face.

"I want to see him. When can I see him? He's my bo-" I paused, we weren't official. "Best friend," I finished lamely.

"Sweetie," she looked at me sadly with her chocolate brown eyes. "You've been in here for almost 12 hours in critical condition. You're in the Intensive Care Unit. Nobody is allowed in but direct family." A tear rolled down my cheek, I wanted to see him. I wanted to see him desperately. I tried to reach up and wipe it away, but I couldn't move.

"Why can't I move?" I asked this frantically, but she just looked at the floor and said:

"Dr. Watkins will be with you in a moment. Technically, he shouldn't tell you what's wrong without your parents but you'll find out soon enough. You won't want to hear this alone." I swallowed, they didn't say that unless it was really bad.

"I think we can sneak you're 'best friend' in to hear the news." She smiled sadly before leaving the room. And a second later, Hunter entered.

"Cole!" He ran to sit down in the chair next to me, leaning in and kissing my cheek. "Are you okay? Can I get you anything? Are you in pain?" The doctor strode into the room as he spoke, shutting the door behind him and waiting patiently.

"No," I shook my head, the one thing I could move, "I don't feel anything."

"What's wrong with me?" I looked up at the Doctor.

"Colette, when you were in the car accident you were hit on the driver's side. Your left side. Am I correct?" I nodded. "Well. You cannot feel your right side because of shock. But I'm afraid... you're suffering from Hemiparesis. Or, depending on the case, possible Hemiplagia."

I didn't understand.

"English, please," Hunter growled.

The Doctor folded his hands in front of him. "Until further notice, I'm afraid you are paralyzed on the left side of your body. However, we aren't sure if it's complete paralysis or simply a weakness..." But I'd tuned him out. My left side was broken, damaged. I was left handed, that was the hand I used to draw. The hand I used to write. The hand I used to pick out clothes in the morning and put on makeup. The hand that took Hunter's in mine. And I couldn't use it. The tears began streaming down my face.

"No," I choked out, "No it can't be. I'm 16. I'm too young. This is a bad dream-"

The Doctor spoke over me, "I'm afraid this is very rea-"

"NO!" I screamed, the tears dripping down my neck, my head moving forward. "FIX THIS! FIX ME!" Hunter's hand was on my shoulder, the other over his forehead.

But a minute later the nurse came in, trying to soothe me over my screams before taking a needle and injecting fluid in my IV. My head grew heavier and my eyes drooped. Once again, everything went black.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:48 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie

Ah, he's here. He's here, and I'm ignoring him. Why am I ignoring hm? Uh...oh, right, he doesn't want a relationship. Why should I do anything with someone who's not going to think anything of it? I continued to stare down at my phone, though, it was locked.

"Carmel mocha." A woman's voice rang out, and I instantly straightened up.

With a quiet sigh, I gripped my purse in my hand, clenched my phone in my hand, took my drink with a quiet 'Thank you' and a smile, then left as quickly as I could.

Being in there with him, it was terrible. Not, like...bad, as in I hate him and can't stand being around him...but, the fact that I like him so much I can't be around him without touching him, kissing him, anything. I had to literally hold myself back from jumping him and attacking face with my lips.

As I took a small sip from the cup, I closed my eyes for half-a-second, and shivered. I had that feeling in my stomach, as if I were being watched, or something. Turning, I frowned when Rupert was right there, staring at me. A feeling of want swept over me, and as I lost my state-of-mind, the craving of his touch came back, and I couldn't resist it.

I rushed toward him, and with a desperate cry, crashed my lips onto his. He kissed back with a sort of hungriness, and wanting. We stood there for perhaps 5 minutes, not even taking a breath, when I slowly started to drift back, and realize what was going on.

In a quick movement, I was a foot away from him, and I felt as if I were going to cry. Why did I do that? I was ignoring him!

He had a sort of calm look on his face, though his eyes were wide, as if he were surprised that I broke the kiss. Perhaps he was. Who knows. This is Rupert.

I put a hand to my eyes, and scrunched up my nose, "I'm so sorry. I'm out of it today, I-I..um..I need to go."

"Ah, Jessie, wait, please?" He called out, and for a second I actually stopped, but then continued to walk towards my car. Stupid, stupid, stupid. That's what I was. Another stupid blonde.

I felt bad for not even seeing what he wanted to talk about, but I just couldn't be there anymore. My mouth still had the taste of his Coffee in it, and it was making me furious. I didn't want that taste in my mouth! It'd just tempt me more, agh!

Taking a quick swig from my cup, I sped off, and began to make my way towards the house.

~~~~

The sun was gone, and the stars were starting to appear. I'd been watching Netflix ever since I'd gotten back from Starbucks, since there was nothing on TV. I'd started a new show called Supernatural. I'd seen a few episodes before, but I'd never actually seen the show from the beginning.

I was already halfway through season 2, and I wasn't even tired of it. There was a high chance that I was going to finish the show by tonight.

My phone was on silent, and it was lost in the couch somewhere, so there was no telling who'd texted or called me so far, but oh well. Though, it would probably be a good idea to get up and clean some. Lazily, I pulled myself up off of the couch, and stretched out of arms, letting out a loud yawn. What time is it? Maybe 9, 10? Hm.

In a mere second, I was laying flat on the floor, searching under the low couch for my phone, but instead finding shoes and food wrappers. With a sigh, I got back up, and began collecting wrappers of different kinds. Once my hands were full, I took the wrappers to the kitchen, threw them in the trash, then washed my hands. As I began to walk back into the living room, the 'ding' of my Iphone went off, and I trailed the noise back to the couch. And, oddly, there it was, laying right where my butt had been. Haha, weird.

I threw myself back down on the couch, and unlocked the screen, ignoring the ton of messages I'd gotten. I tapped on the Yik Yak App (An app that allows people in your area to discuss things, places, people, basically anything anonymously), and scrolled through the newest feed. News, stupid, stupid, oh, look, drama. Somebody from the school had Yakked about Isabelle.

'Isabelle givin' out free seshs @ 2 y'all'

I let out a laugh, though it wasn't because of what the person was saying. It was how they spelled, ugh. Grammar was really off these days. Dislike. Just because Isabelle and I weren't on the best of terms didn't mean I'd laugh and like it because, well, she would do something like this.

With another sigh, I got up, and waltzed into the kitchen, hitting the power button on the stereo on my way. The current song playing was 'Jealous' by Nick Jonas. I grimaced, but listened anyways, pulling out food as I bobbed my head a bit.

The only part I didn't like was when he said, 'Cuz you're too sexy beautiful, and everybody wants a taste.' Who the hell is 'sexy beautiful'? And a taste of what? This song personally is offended me, because us girls are not pieces of meat. Don't act all tough around other guys and call me 'yours' because I'm not. I'm mine. Me being a major feminist also doesn't help the fact that this song is offensive.

With a shake of my head, I shut the fridge door, and began pulling out skillets and utensils. I was in the mood for cookies and Winter Panzanella. Ooh, chocolate chip cookies. Yeah.

Once I began chopping the vegetables for the Panzanella, my phone rang, and with my free hand I picked it up. Hitting the answer button calmly, I shoved the phone to my ear, held it up with my shoulder, and continued cutting, "Hello?"

"Hey, Jessie! What're you doing?" It was Collin. Weird. I hadn't talked to him in a few days.

"Oh, hey, Collin. Ahm, I'm just cooking dinner for myself. Why?" I frowned, clearing my throat afterwards.

"Me and a few others were looking for something to do. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." He replied quickly. There were a few other voices in the background, and the sound of a girl groaning, as if they didn't like what Collin was saying. Perhaps because of me. But the only girl I knew didn't like me was Isabelle.

"Um...I'll have to clean up a bit, but you guys can come over to my house, I guess." I couldn't just say no. But I was hoping to avoid people today and finish my this season. All good things must come to an end, though.

"Really? Alright, we'll be over in a few!" He said with a laugh.

I sighed, and threw the vegetables in a skillet, "Alright, I'll see you then."

After saying goodbye, he hung up, and I turned the stove on low. Back in the living room, I finished straightening up, and waited for the knock on the door. But, there wasn't one. Instead, Collin stumbled in, laughing loudly. He didn't knock, didn't ring the doorbell, just came in. I took a step back, and crossed my arms as maybe 5, possibly 6 more people came in, and my door was shut with a loud 'bang!' Hm, they got here quicker than I thought.

"Hey, Collin and people." I greeted, plastering a smile on my lips.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:56 am
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

"Wait, so... the party is off?" I asked into the phone.

"Yeah, she's in the hospital."

"What happened to her?"

Philip paused, "No idea, car crash."

I took in a breath. "I hope she's okay."

"Nah, she'll be fine."

I looked around my room, unsure of what to say next. Hearing that someone you spoke to a few hours ago got into a car accident doesn't make thoughts come easy. I focused on the window, looking out at the night sky. I could see a few stars glistening against the black.

"Since there's no party, wanna go out?" Philip seems to not get the seriousness of what happened.

"No, I think I'm gonna stay inside."

"Okay, suit yourself."

And the line went dead.

Jessie kissed me. Why did she do that? I'm not exactly deserving of that kiss. It's not that I didn't like it, I did. It's just that it was wrong. Though, if she wants it, then why not.

I clicked her number on the phone and rung her up. Just a few dial tones and she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jessie,"

There was a pause. I could hear some commotion coming from her end, music and talking. A lot of talking. Some yelling, some singing. I could gather that she was having a party.

I cleared my throat.

"Oh," seems like she forgot I was even there. "Rupert, why did you call me? Not like... I mind... it's just-why?"

"Jess! Where's the bathroom?" I heard from her end. She replied, "Just to your left..."

I waited for a few minutes until she was ready.

"Wanna come over?" she asked instead.

Thinking about seeing her, tasting her lips... it was worth it. Just a few minutes and I'm sure we'd be in bed. And I really wanted her.

"Be there soon,"

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado