z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:25 pm
Calligraphy says...

Michel

For a while I just sat recovering from the conflict. I didn't speak to the boy, for some reason I was wary of him. Then metal clicked against my teeth reminding me of earlier. I sighed, "We need to talk. Alone." Blake got up from her chair she had been laughing at some joke, but now was icy. "Come-on" I followed her up the stairs.

Once we were away from the others we sat down. "Whats wrong?" I asked. "I know that you don't like it, but I am my own person. ... I guess for once I wanted to be normal."

"But, we aren't normal. We have been, but now we will never change. Plus, I asked you not to. But, you don't care. You don't care about my opinions. We aren't the same at all. You are a show off, and full of yourself. I thought you changed... You have changed but,"

I am stopping because I want someone else to finish not because she stopped.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:06 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

"You have changed, but... I don't know." I looked down, backed up against the wall of the hallway we were in, and slid to the ground.

Why did I just say that? I don't just say things like that. I felt a tear glisten in my eye. What was going on with me? Seriously. I didn't do emotional. I hated crying. Because that was weakness.

I had so much more to say to Michel, but I wouldn't let myself. I didn't open up; it was just the way I was.

Michel sat down next to me, and put his arm around my shoulders. "Blake." He tilted my face towards his, and pressed his lips against mine. Just lightly. Then pulled away.

"Tell me what's wrong," he said. "I want to make this work, but I can't by myself. And I don't know what you want unless you tell me."

That reminded me of a quote. I wasn't sure where or when I had heard it.

I don't put up walls to keep anyone out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over them.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:19 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

[Wait, whats going on? I'm lost now. lol.]
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Random avatar

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 am
Calligraphy says...

We are back at Ashton's. (don't know if I spelled that right) You probably should look at the DT, there is a new character.. I am not sure if you know that...

A. S.

Random avatar

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:31 am
Calligraphy says...

Michel

I didn't know what to say. Why did she never tell her feelings. Sometimes I wished I could be that way, but at others it was the worst quality you could get. I sighed, "I'm not sure if it is the piercing, but I could take it out. If you want." I looked into her eyes and realized that it was that, but much more at the same time. "I know were really different, but there is something about you that makes me.... I need to make this work." I glanced away to stare at my feet. I had no idea what she was feeling, I could read her body language. "I don't know .... I have loved you sense you came here. I remember staring at you thinking that you were beautiful, not hot.... I know that you hate me, but some part of you must.." I stopped. I was babbling. I had no idea what to say. "I'm sorry" At least that was simple. "I don't know what you what you want ... or what you need, but I'll try to be different. I'll try to be who you want, cus I need you. Just" I couldn't stay I had to get away from her. Away from it all. I stood up turning to leave.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 am
ToritheMonster says...

Hm. Well, then. I completely forgot that I joined this SB. Guess it's too late for me to re-join, though.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

I couldn't just sit there in the bathroom all night. This was the only time I had to be myself, and I wasn't going to waist it sitting in here, worried about throwing up. I stood up, my head spinning. I stumbled out into the hall, and noticed Blake and Michel talking. I felt myself swaying, and I leaned toward the wall, not purposely. Blake jumped up, worried, and coming towards me. I slid down the wall so that I was sitting. I moaned, and put my head in my hands.

>Sorry, but I really have no plan for why Ellie's sick. Any ideas?<
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:52 am
Apple says...

Ester Alice:

Hanging my legs over the sofa, I flicked open a coke my eyes glued on the televisions. I wasn't really keeping up with the show, as it made no sense what so ever, though, I was just trying to see normal especially to Jackie and Ashton. Oh, and his parents. I don't think they really liked the idea of having a group of wild-like terror's practically destroying their home...

"...You can't! We were supposed to be together - forever!" The lady on the screen yelled. Throwing a chip at it, I muttered a "shut up" and began to gnaw on the side of the coke can. I wondered what I looked like, stupid and weird most probably. Sighing, I swung my feet down and turned the show off. Placing the coke on the table, I stood up and dusted the crumbs off of my new clothes.

Walking outside, I stared across the grass. Everyone so far, had re-adopted their wings. Mine still weren't battering through, and I was starting to get worried. I looked around, I needed to fly! Grabbing onto a plant, I began to climb up the wall, my legs skillfully finding footholds. Once I reached a high enough point, I closed my eyes. If my wings didn't fly out by now then it was panic time.

"Ester-" I looked down to see Corbin, Blaise and the new boy staring in horror at me. The new boy not so much...

"What the hell are you doing?" Blaise shouted, the glass of water in his hand almost slipping. I decided to ignore him. I couldn't fight with Blaise because he was so good at arguing, he could make a snail turn into a butterfly if he asked it. Throwing myself off of the edge I began to fall, turning so that I was facing the ground, I willed my wings to extend.

As the floor came closer and closer and my wings still hadn't ripped out of my back...that's when I began to panic.
I spy!

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:17 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

>I chose food poisoning, ha ha!<

~Ellie May~

"Are you OK?" Blake asked. I nodded, standing up and walking down the hall and down the stairs.

"Yea, I just need some air. Maybe take a little fly." Blake and Michel followed behind me, catching my before I fell down the stairs. I thanked them, and continued to the back door I'd seen when we first got here. The back yard was cool, but that wasn't what caught my attention. Ester hadn't gotten her wings back yet, but she had jumped into the air despite, and now she was crashing to the earth. Finally, before she hit the ground, her wings came out, and she flew to the sky. I smiled as my head became a little clearer, and I joined her.

The new boy was watching us curously. He seemed so confused about all of this. Winged ones who's wings disapeared during the day and came back at night. I could only imagine how confused he was. My stomach heaved, but I didn't throw up. I went towards the ground to land, but stumbled and fell. I moaned, but laid there, not wanting to move.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:28 am
Yuriiko says...

~I just made a post here and accidentally 'backspace' it and it return to the SB page so I have to start again. :(
I'm annoyed and a little bit angry. xD

Caroline:

I stood up from the wooden bench and stretched a little. As I looked up, the moon looked like a spotlight on the whole town and the stars gave a good view up the sky. I smelled in the cool air and gave chills down my spine. It was a good quiet night. Then I saw Ellie fly off from the ground and I could see her grin as if enjoying her freedom. I was happy that I wasn't just a normal or an ordinary person. Because if I have been like that, then I wouldn't have friends like this or a family, that is. My feet shook with pain as I started to pace, so I have to do it slowly. That's why I discourage myself from running, it's because I could easily get muscle pain afterwards. While I was walking, I heard conversations and guessed it was Corbin and Blaise, though I didn't hear every exact words they were talking about.

Their conversation was audible as I started to walk closer. As soon as I saw three persons in front of me, I directly went behind a big shrub to hide my presence and maybe, eavesdrop a bit. Oh, the new guy. He seemed confused and lost and maybe, a little shocked too. Surprised that he wasn't the only winged one here. Curiosity started to fill my mind as I looked in secret to him. He nodded to Corbin and Blaise at every conversation they talk about. He looked like he didn't care but his half-smile appeared from his face. All of a sudden, he angled his face back towards me and our eyes met. Fast as lightning, I cringed a little. My prying; failed. I hated things like that. I blinked twice then I ran as fast as I could but quietly. Then I felt something that made me to lose my footing and... Thug!

Next thing I knew, Ellie and I were flat on the ground. Ouch, that's gotta hurt, I said to myself.

"Didn't you see me?" Ellie tried not to laugh but it was obvious that she was laughing because of my stupidity and even carelessness.

Great. Then I started to laugh too.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:35 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Okay, I'd really like to jump in, but i have no idea how, considering I never posted before.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:11 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Sorr I haven't posted but I can't post right now either because it's father's day and my dad's waking up. Sorry!
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:51 am
Dragonet says...

A.J.

At first I was nervous and uneasy with the humans. But then they all got wings and I...well I didn't know what to think. It could either be some kind of illusion and they were trying to trick me into a trap, or they were winged ones like me except they had found a way to make their wings go away to help them hide from the scientists. From the way they were acting I was guessing (and hoping) that it was the later, but I didn't want to take any chances. When they invited me to go inside the house I just shook my head and stayed outside.

Two nice looking guys stayed out with me. They introduced themselves as Corbin and Blaise. At first I was on my guard but they smiled and joked around and soon I felt at ease. They tried to get information out of me, just to be friendly, but besides my name all they got was a bunch of shrugs. It's not that I didn't trust them, It's just that I'm not a talkative person. Once they realized that they weren't going to get much out of me, they started a conversation of their own. I kept quiet, but occasionally I would nod in agreement.

After awhile I got bored and I started looking around, I saw a pair of eyes staring back at me. It was the girl that I had run over at the mall. I smiled as she turned around and ran. I decided to follow her, and I walked away without even saying good-bye to Corbin and Blaise.

When I found her, she was laughing with another girl, and I listened. Her laugh was beautiful, it rang out around her and filled the air. It was one of those laughs that seemed contagious and it made me smile. She was still dressed in all blue, while the other girl was all black, like me. I stepped out of the bushes and she stopped laughing. But her smile stayed. The girl in the black stepped forward. "I'm Ellie," she said offering her hand. I nodded at her and shook her hand. "Caroline," the other girl said, "but you can call me Carry."

I usually didn't offer my name unless somebody asked, but there was something about Caroline-maybe it was her trusting blue eyes- that made me feel like I could tell her anything. "Hey there, I'm A.J." I said smiling at her. "Sorry about running you over in the mall."

She laughed, "That's ok."

When I turned to look at Ellie I saw that she was looking pale and she looked like she was about to lose her cookies. I cocked my head, "You ok?" I asked. And there I was, back to my two letter sentences.

--------------------------------------

Corbin~

When I saw Ester on the roof I freaked out. What was she doing? Suddenly I saw her fall I went under her, ready to cushion her fall if I needed to. But her wings appeared just before I could catch her, and she swooped up. I laughed with relief and leaped up next to her. "Race you," I called, even though I knew she would win.
Last edited by Dragonet on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:57 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

AJ seemed like a pretty cool kid. Maybe uneasy about the whole us getting wings at night thing, but still pretty cool. I nodded to answer his question.

"Yea, just a little," I paused thinking of the word. "Sick." That was it. He nodded in understanding, and looked down. I wasn't much for talking, and it looked like he wasn't either. I went to the tree nearest us, and sat, Carry following. I motioned for the AJ to sit, but he shook his head. "Come on, we don't bite--"I had to laugh at that"--and besides, I'm sure there are a few questions on your mind." I didn't know why, but I had the feeling that I knew exactly what he was thinking. I shrugged it off as he sat down, quiet at first, then a question bubbling to his lips. I could see it in his eyes, and I motioned for him to continue. He wasn't very social, and I knew how that felt.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:28 pm
Calligraphy says...

Michel

I sighed, giving one last glance at Blake. "I can't talk to you right now, but think about what I said. Alright." I turned away. I had just given my heart out and she didn't even find it necessary to say one word. I walked outside feeling the piecing. I hated the taste of metal in my mouth, and every time I talked it clicked against my teeth. Why was I so spontaneous?

My thoughts were jolted when I almost ran into Marvel. I stepped to the right and pulled my wings fully behind my back just in time.
"Hey" I didn't respond for a moment then,
"wanna fly?" Marvel didn't respond, he just jumped up and unfurled his silver wings. We rarely actually talked. It just wasn't the way our friendship worked. But, that was nice, because if we talked then he would realize that I was upset, angry whatever and he would probably ask.

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah