z

Young Writers Society

Hunted 2 *Not accepting*

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:06 pm
jemjive says...

DUNCAN

It seemed that no matter what I said my sister would always side with that brainless brawn. I was getting pretty sick of it, I didn't even want to try anymore. I watched as Gemma lead Ryder into to the tent, just as I expected she was making a big fuss over his little ouchie. Boohoo, he was a big boy, I'm sure he was fine. But if I know Gemma I know she wasn't about to let this go any time soon.

Three girls exited the tent not long after, Gemma and Ryder entered. How mushy were things getting in there? Ew, don't even want to think about that. Two of them went off in one direction but one lingered nearby. She looked lost, I think she was almost as new as I was.

"Hey." I called, walking towards her.

Like a beaten dog she backed away. "I saw what you did to Ryder." she mumbled.

I chuckled, "Believe me, he had it coming." I said taking one step closer.

She took two more steps back, "Don't hit me!" she cried.

"What the-" I started but stopped, she was afraid, sincerely afraid. I put on a smile I hoped wasn't creepy and spoke, "My name is Duncan and I don't hit girls. Never have never will."

Her smile relaxed with her next words, "I'm Maiara. I don't know anyone here."

I grinned, Great conversation opener. "Well, Gemma is my sister, and then there is that brawny brute and the whiny girl. So that makes three."

"What is going on? Why did you do that to Ryder?" she asked. Well she sure was forward. Innocent, but forward.

"I don't really know..." I said. Thinking about it for a minute I realized that I really didn't. The guy had a thing for my sister, big deal. Damn right it is a big deal. What if he were to try something? No, Gemma was pretty sure he wouldn't.

"Then what was the point of it?"

"I don't really know..." I repeated.

"He looked upset. I think you need to do something." she said.

Okay, now that made me laugh. "And what do propose I do?" I snorted.

"Just talk." she smiled, pointing towards the tent.

As much as I knew she would still side with Ryder, Maiara had a point. I could try. I would try. "Thanks." I muttered and turned away.

<Isha, I am sorry, I have to go. You can write the rest of our plan if you would like.>
Last edited by jemjive on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:11 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Damon

"Scarred for life," I muttered, turning away. Sam continued to watch, a disgusted look on her face. An Idea flickered in my head, but this was one that, if she didn't enjoy it, she'd kill me--no sarcasm there. I glanced at Mark, who was standing in the doorway, eyes averted from the screen to the floor.

"Mark, go get us some more coffee," I suggested, my eyes turning hard. He looked up at me, then away again, nodding. He left the room, and I turned back to Sam, who was turned around looking at me. Coming closer to her, I put my hands around her waist, kissing her neck.

"Damon," she said flatly. I looked at her. She had her arms crossed, and her eyes were cold. "What are you doing?" I smiled at her, kissing her again.

"Having fun," I answered. Putting one hand on the small of her back, I pulled her closer to me, kissing her lips this time.

"You're totally fired for this," she whispered against my lips. Whatever. She didn't fight me, she put her arms around my neck, kissing me back. Now this, this was the Samantha I didn't know. This was the Sam I knew I was going to like. She was beautiful, perfect, deadly, wonderful. Even if she killed me, I would have the joy of this happening first.

I lifted her up onto the table, smiling against her lips as she wrapped her lags around my waist. Once my shirt was off, I was already pulling hers off, tossing it on the table, and kissing down her neck.

I heard the door open, then the sound of coffee spilling on the floor as Mark dropped our cups. Samantha slapped my arm, scowling a me. What did I do?

>Anyone need anything from Amy or Annie, I'd be more than happy to post<
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:56 am
eldEr says...

Samantha

Kill him! Kill him, kill him, kill him, KILL him! My backstage mind was screaming at me. Now there was a tangable though...killing Mark. The oaf was always in the way, always bumping into things, and now he had to go and do this. Death to the man who had dropped my coffee and ruined my moment.

After smacking Damon's arm, I found that I was clinging to it so tightly he winced. Too bad for him, I didn't let go. He. Was. Not. Allowed. To. Move. Him moving would mean Mark seeing waaay more than he needed to, and as if he hadn't done enough of that already.

I found my free hands slipping slowly to my gun, fingers wrapping around it tightly. I raised it slowly, subtly. The click had Mark frozen and Damon tensing up. What? Did he think I was going to shoot him? Ha. As if.

I shot at Mark, who ducked. Damon flinched and before I could get a second shot, Mark was gone, door slamming behind him. I sighed, setting the gun to the side and grabbing my shirt and placing it back on my body.

I slid off the table, ignoring the blush that had worked it's way to the surface and sat down on one of the chair, head in my hands. "You are officially not allowed to come in here without I blindfold," I muttered, eyes closed. "Those teens are giving you way too many ideas."
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

35 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 pm
jemjive says...

Nevermind, I'll finish. :)

DUNCAN

With thoughts of reluctance still in the back of my mind, I made my way to the the opening of the tent. I hestitated before entering. What if Gemma is still really mad? What if she flips on me? What if Ryder is ready for some payback? Come on Duncan, just do it! My legs obeyed and I took one large step, pushing myself through the tent flap.

Bad idea. I couldn't believe what I saw! That brute was going for it with my sister! Oh man did he ever mess with the wrong family!

"What the hell!?" I yelled, jolting them apart.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

116 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:32 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Damon

All I could do was laugh as the idiot ran from the room. I knew Sam would dispose of the clumsy fool before he had a chance to even think about telling anyone. I turned back around to look at her. She looked like she was about to... cry?

Yea, right.

"What's wrong?" I asked, squatting in front of her and grabbing one of her hands, which she pulled back. It suddenly reminded me of when Annie's mother found out what I'd done. A wave of memories flooded my head, but I pushed them away. That was before, this was now. Sam was now. I couldn't let my memories let me repeat what mistakes I'd made.

"Sam," I said, using her nickname--she didn't like it, it was clear by the last time I called her that. She didn't look at me, she just put her face back in her hands. "What's wrong." It wasn't a question, it was a command for her to tell me what was wrong.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:20 pm
eldEr says...

Loff you Jemmy! And this will be a looong post =D

Samantha

My eyes wandered to the monitor, which was at the moment on the teen's little camp. Something was going on inside the tent, and those outside were exchanging nervous glances. I was only half-curious. I had a lot more to worry about right now.

Like keeping my secrets secrets. Heaven knows how much I wanted to spill my guts, to get it over with. Heck, maybe crying a bit would do me some good. Things had been bottled up for so long now, holding back was getting old. Trust, this was the major issue here. Damon was concerned...truly concerned...but then again, Griff had seemed that way too. Idiot.

"You're not going to leave me alone until I either kill you or I tell you are you?" I muttered, sinking further into the back of the easy chair.

"Probably not."

I sighed, risking looking into his eyes. They seemed sincere enough. I pushed myself to my feet and wandered over to the computer, Damon at my heels. What was he? A puppy? Ah well, I would have asked him to follow me anyways. I flicked the computer on and waited for it to load before pulling up a file. In this file were a few pictures of people I used to know, and a few people who would have been better off never meeting me.

I clicked on one particular picture, a man with torn flesh, a rib jutting out of his chest, a gorged eyeball, the whole lot. "Meet Griff," I announced, straightening out and crossing my arms.

"Ummm...." was all Damon could muster.

"This guy...he's one of my least favourite people in the world."

"Care to elaborate?"

I sighed again, closing the picture and turning to Damon. "You'll listen to a story? One that I haven't cared to share with anybody else?" I asked quietly, avoiding Damon's eyes. He nodded slowly. "Fine then."

I walked back to the chair and sat down, tapping my fingers on the armrest nervously. What's the worst that could happen? "My parents both died when I was a baby, after that I went to live with my dad's parents and my older brother, Cole. Anyways, things were good till I was about seven.

"I had an above-arverage life, mind you, seeing how I was already taking Algebra 2 and dissecting things, but that's not the point."

Damon chuckled, I continued. "Then, when I was seven, my grandma died from a heart attack. My grandpa had never really seemed to care much, but after she died...things went down hill. He abused both of us until I was twelve and Cole was sixteen. So foster-care it was. We had always managed to stay together, and we were adopted by an okay family a year later.

"Of course, I was a pretty bizarre child, but I won't go into details. I was pretty much alien at school, and I seemed to isolate myself from my family. Cole was really the only one who seemed to care. During my school life, four people had tried to kill me. Mostly in highschool, one girl, three boys. I'm not getting into the details, so do not ask."

I sank further into my chair. This was the part I really loathed. "Then one day, a year or so after Cole and I moved out, he moved down south. I stayed where I was, crazy as ever. I hated people, or so I thought. Then along comes Griff, and well...I fell in love. Shocker I know. I was twenty one, sleeping. I woke up to see Griff standing over me, gun in hand. Shot me in the shoulder, would have been my head. Anyways, I managed to get out, seek revenge, which is the picture you saw.

"In the next two years, two more people had tried to kill me for the same reason. The last one being two years ago, a couple weeks before when we first came here."

I sighed. I didn't have anything more to say. I had told him my life story in as little detail as humanly possible.

Tarrion

I sighed. In all honesty, I would much rather stay here for as long as possible. But, there was reality to face back at camp. Kyle's death, Annie in mourning and who knows what else had gone wrong since we had left. So, rather than just stay there, I had gotten up and dressed.

I wrapped an arm around Domi's waist and kissed the side of her head. I would kill to relive that moment. It had been so perfect, so incredible. But like I said, we had reality to face. Joy be it.

We were walking in silence, a comfortable silence. My heart was still pounding violently, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldnt' get a serious look on my face. I was still grinning stupidly by the time we had reached camp.

Everybody was staring at the tent, concerned expressions on their faces. There was shouting coming from the tent, Ryder and Gemma's brother...Duncan. Gemma was shouting too, and man alive the girl did not sound happy.

My smile left and I let go of Domi, kissing her cheek. "I'll be right back," I whispered.

Ryder

Alright, I had had it. Duncan was offically on my list, and trust me, that was not an easy place to get yourself onto. Of course, I was going to try talking my way out of it before anything. No matter how much I disliked the guy, I doubted I would have the guts to throw a punch.

He was shouting at me, I really wasn't paying much attention. I was a little too busy dodging the odd fist. Wait...Gemma was shouting too. Was he even shouting at me? Oh good lord my head hurt!

It was then that Tarrion burst through the flap of the tent, eyes narrowing. Oh great, just what I needed. I might not be able to punch, but Tarr wouldn't hesitate.

"What the hell is going on in here?" he demanded.

Every head shot in his direction, and I took the chance to speak. "Duncan, look, I'm not going to even think about trying to get anything from Gemma that she isn't ready to freely give. Incase you haven't noticed, I'm a little incapable of hurting anybody," I said, trying to keep my voice even.

Duncan turned back to me, fuming.

"Woah, woah, woah. Back up! What? You and Gemma Ry?" Tarr asked, before Duncan or Gemma could even get a word in.

I groaned. This just was not my day.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:13 pm
SisterItaly says...

Dominique

I watched the scene unfold in front of me. It was frightful, and my legs felt like jelly watching it. I took a step forward and clung to Tarrion for support. I didn't see what was wrong... Ryder seemed like a nice guy... and Gemma deserved a nice guy. Duncan on the other hand, scared the life out of me. He reminded me of... the guy who died not long ago... thinking his name just brought back memories. Bad memories. I stumbled over to Gemma, who seemed very upset, and sat beside her hugging her.

*sorry its short*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

35 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:12 pm
jemjive says...

GEMMA

Duncan really was getting on my nerves. He just had to go and ruin everything I had, didn't he?

This was the very last straw. "Something that does not conern you one bit. Leave me alone, leave us alone. You are not the boss of me! Got it?" Childish, I admit, but one hundred percent true.

Duncan glared at Ryder and I, "You don't even know what you are doing to yourself. We are stuck on an island for Pete's sake! Who knows what kind of delirium you could be in!"

Now that, was just crazy. "Delirium? The only person here that is going mental is you! I am not a child Duncan, I will be eighteen soon, stop treating me like I am five."

I could tell by his face that his anger was rising. I knew it wasn't a good thing but admitedly, I was enjoying it.

"Gemma, you know what? I wouldn't have to treat you like you are five if you didn't act like it!"

"I'm not the one acting selfish and whiny because my sibling is spending time with other people. Get over yourself Duncan!" If I wasn't yelling before I sure was now.

"Oh you were doing alot more than 'spending time', Gemma, and you know it." he retorted.

There were a million things I could have said, none of them nice, but never got the chance. I heard someone at the tentflaps and in seconds Tarrion was mixed in the jumble. "What the hell is going on here?" he demanded.

Pretty much ignoring Tar, Ryder turned to my brother and spoke for the first time. "Duncan, look, I'm not going to even think about trying to get anything from Gemma that she isn't ready to freely give. Incase you haven't noticed, I'm a little incapable of hurting anybody."

Before anyone could even explain anything to Tarrion, he burst. "Woah, woah, woah. Back up! What? You and Gemma, Ry?"

Domi had silently slunk into the tent and was at my side, pulling me into a friendly hug. I quickly hugged her back for a second and pulled away, turning to Tar. "Yes Tarrion." I nodded. At his shocked look I laughed and added, "What? You afraid you and Domi will have some competition for that perfect couple status?"

A smile smile spread across his face as he shook his head humorously. Duncan on the other hand, wasn't taking it so lightly. "I'm outta here." he scoffed.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

384 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:58 pm
eldEr says...

Tarrion

I watched out of the corner of my eye as Duncan stormed out, backing out of the way to avoid being shoved over. "Well somebody's happy to see his sister thrilled with life," I muttered under my breath as the flap closed. Delightful man, Duncan. Ha.

"Yeah, he's great," Gemma muttered sarcastically.

I was starting to wish that Domi and I had just stayed where we were. I didn't feel like putting up with this right now, and I could already feel the weight of reality sinking in. Reality meaning that Kyle was dead, any one of us could be next, Duncan hated my brother, and Annie was in mourning.

I frowned. "Anybody know where Annie is?" Ryder coughed, shifting uneasily on his feet. Great. "Ry?"

He looked up, frowning slightly. "She's...around. Wren's probably found her by now, she'll be okay."

He was hiding something, and my concern was growing, but I let the subject drop. As long as she had somebody with her I could cope.

I walked over to Domi, wrapped an arm around her shoulders and gave her cheek a kiss. "Guess we have compition huh?"

She giggled. "Guess so."

Ryder

I swallowed, trying to hide how hurt I really felt. Anybody who really knew me knew that I couldn't hurt anybody, let alone mess with their feelings. Then anybody who knew me extremely well knew that I didn't handle being disliked very well. I hated having people mad with me, especially if it was for no reason.

In other words, I felt dejected.

Ignoring Tarr's light mood I muttered; "I'm going to go disapear for an hour or two, stay out of Duncan's sight. Hopefully he'll cool down a bit while I'm gone."

Gemma frowned, and I offered a weak smile, hoping that I was hiding my hurt as well as I thought I would.

"I could go talk some sense into him if you wanted," Tarr muttered, glaring at the tent entrance.

I shook my head quickly. Tarr's 'talking sense' would be more or less starting some huge fight that would end badly for both of them. "Absolutely not." With that, I turned, left and made my way to the woods, hoping that Duncan would cool off a little while I was gone.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 pm
Razcoon says...

Naz

Bored, I had wandered into the woods a little. I wasn't being stupid or reckless, I was at a safe height in a tree. There really wasn't anything interesting here. Leaves and twigs crackled up ahead, and I looked up. Through the branches of the tree, I couldn't see anything. I eased my way to the end of the branch I was on, and leaned forward to get a better look. Something large and gray was moving away from me. I leaned forward just a little more to try and see what it was.

Suddenly the branch cracked beneath my foot, making me lose my balance. The trunk was too far, and the branch I was holding for support was too weak. Leaves and branches whipped my face and stung it as I plummeted towards the earth. The ground met me with jarring force and my head banged against a small rock. I touched my finger to the wound, and pulled it away wet. Wonderful.

Dizzily, I pulled myself to my feet. The giant gray furred creature was frozen, staring at me with hungry eyes. Was that a wolf?! No, it couldn't be. Wolves don't get that big. Either way it was big and had big teeth. Careful not to show intimidation or sudden movement, I moved my hand slowly down to my dagger, tucked into my belt.

When I was pulling it out, the wolf snarled and bound forward. My initial reaction is to drop to the ground, and the when the wolf pounced, it missed me. It charged straight at me, and my dagger was knocked from my hand, falling a few feet from me. After that was a blur...being scratched, feeling the blood, trying to get the dagger. Claws dug into the side of my face, and I screamed, though I was too freaked out to pay attention to the pain. All I needed was the dagger. On my stomach I tried to reach for it, and managed to pull it into my grasp. Teeth sunk through my shirt, into the skin of my back, and threw me down. I landed on my shoulder, hard. I struggled to get upright against the wolf, and twisted it's front leg with my good arm. It howled, and I used the small pause to aim the dagger at it's chest and thrust it in.

The wolf's howl faded and it dropped to the ground, lifeless. As the adrenaline faded from my veins, everything began hurting at once. Excruciating pain in my arms, legs, back...everywhere. I couldn't move. Moving required effort. My mind became muddled and cloudy, and my entire recollection of what just happened seemed to vanish. Then nothing.

[Coma isn't over 'till I say when]
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:18 pm
SisterItaly says...

Dominique

I heard a scream and ran out of the tent. Things went quiet and I began to worry, Tarrion was fallowing after me, telling me how it wasn't safe and to get back in the tent. I couldn't, this reminded me of when Saph was in trouble, I couldn't just leave it. I saw Naz on the ground, bleeding heavily. I screamed covering my mouth with one hand, glancing at the dead wolf beside her. My body trembled as I looked at her. Tarrion ran up behind me and wrapped his arm around me, gasping and kneeling next to Naz when he saw her. I kneeled beside her as well, shaken. Tarrion picked her up and I grabbed her wrist carefully, sighing in relief when I felt a pulse.
"We need to get her in the tent." I sighed

*HAPPY 1001 POSTS*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

116 Reviews

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:37 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Annie May~

I was alone, but I couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not. The growling from the bushes had stopped hours ago, and I watched now as the sun's rays danced across the clouds on the west side of the island. It was beautiful, but it would have been better if had someone to watch it with.

There you go again with that self pity stuff. Suck it up Annie, you've always been alone, you can deal with it even now.

As true as that is, I hadn't watched my family die the way I'd seen Kyle killed. This is much worse.

"And I've seen worse," I muttered aloud. The voice in my head paused.

As true as that may be, and as true as it is that we're--strange how I used "we" instead of "I"--scarred for life now, we d have to pick ourselves up and try to start anew. I know how hard it is, but we've done it before.

Like we always said, you can try to change your destiny, but if your fate is to be hit be a train, the only thing you could do was change how we got hit, not if it did. Be strong, we can get through this. Don't let the darkness inside you, it'll only hurt the others, and they're our number one priorty.

Now this sounded like something out of a book. But if it were a book, we'd be able to change out fate, screw with destiny, fight the will to give up.

All but the last one were impossible.

And, with that bit of self confidence, I picked myself up off of the ground, grabbing the dagger I always kept with me. If I was going to be here, I might as well learn to stay here, fight like I belonged here, learn to be the way I was before--strong, powerful, careless and barbaric. I lived in trees, hunted the beasts, not hunted by them. I had to practice to beat them.

"Because we are powerful, relentless, unforgiving, and wild," I said to myself. Was I crazy or something? I shook my head.

Why do you bother to even ask? You know the answer.

On that note, I began to practice, slicing at the tree, and, before long, there were hundreds of cuts in the tree. I scurried up the tree, climbing into the leaves and through the branches like a monkey. This is how we were, this was how we once lived. This was how we'd be.

Slowly, I made my way back to camp, only to see Wren below me, looking around her, her arms around herself to keep her from freezing. I was the reason she was out here, no doubt. I swung down in front if her, landing on the balls of my feet. She jumped, and I stood up, only imagining how cold my eyes looked.

>Sorry if it's short. Annie shall refer to herself as "we" now instead of "I" and "me". She's going crazy, forgive her.<
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 am
eldEr says...

Tarrion

"What was that!?"

I looked up to see the others rushing into the trees, and then watched as they all stopped cold. They were staring at Naz, some hands flew up to cover mouths, and there were a few gasps.

This was great. First Annie runs off, then Ry, and now this. Had my day not been perfect aproxomitetly one hour ago? How do things go downhill so quickly? "Somebody run ahead, take a clean sheet from the supply bin and lay it out in the tent!" I shouted, shoving my way past Gemma, Maiara and a few others.

Naz wasn't very heavy, thank God, but I still stumbled. My leg was acting up again, something it hadn't done in a long time.

I ignored it as best I could and kept walking, Domi at my side. One of us had already died, I wasn't going to let it happen again.

Ryder

I heard the scream, but I was too deep in thought to think much of it. Wallowing in self pity is more like it. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake off the feeling that I was actually hated by somebody for loving of all things.

It was strange for me. I had always tried to get along with everybody, tried to be nice. Falling in love was bound to happen sooner or later, but why is it that when I did, it was wrong? It was dirty?

I sighed, scuffing at the earth with my shoe and stared at a spider crawling across the dirt and vanishing into a thick patch of moss. Spiders didn't have to worry about this sort of thing. The worst that could happen to them is that they signaled their mate wrong and she ate them alive.

Okay, so maybe they have it worse than I did.

But, somehow, I had to make things right. There had to be some way of getting Duncan to realize that I wasn't just using Gemma, a way to show him that I wasn't that kind of person.

The question was how did I do this? I groaned and flopped onto an old treestump, feeling slightly defeated.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:25 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

For Ishy before she freaks on me.

Damon

Putting one hand around her shoulders, I pulled her head to my chest. I didn't know what to do. Though I'd never in a million years admit this, I loved her, and when she was hurt, so was I. I had to tell her why I didn't want to be near her. I let her go and went to sit on top of the table. She looked at me, confused.

"Sam, I don't love you," I whispered. She froze from getting up. "I mean, I can't. Last time I loved someone the way I began to love you, it ended bad."

"Explain," she said coldly.

"Before I worked here, a long long time before now, I had joined the army to be rebellious, and I met a man named Paul. I had no where to go, no family yo meet, so her offered me a place, a home with him. At first I said no, but that was before I thought sleeping on the street was an option. I went home with him, and I envied the way he had a wife and two beautiful daughters--a family--when I had nothing but the clothes on my body.

"For the longest time, I stayed out of the way, watching them carefully work as a family.

"Then, one day, his wife Jennette sat me down to talk to me. I thought I'd done something wrong, but she told me she loved me, and, well, I loved her. It was our little secret, and, before long, we had a schedule. Every Friday night she'd leave the house with her friends, and I'd leave with mine, and we'd meet up somewhere, the two of us.

"I had myself convinced I'd die for her.

"Then, one of his daughter's found out, and Jennette told me she couldn't do it anymore and she wanted to tell Paul. Well, I still had nothing, and I knew that, if he found out, I'd be dead. We argued it for days while he was gone. Then, I couldn't take it. I killed him, and told her--as well as myself--that now we could have the family we wanted. By then, both of the girls knew about it, and they were old enough to do something. But they were scared the way I wished Jennette would have been. But she wasn't afraid of me or a gun, for that matter.

"My only option was to get rid of her--kill her. And I did. The only problem, Wren and Annie knew, and they still know. Maybe time has erased details, but they remember. So do I.

"The last thing Paul said was to keep his wife and kids safe. Though I couldn't keep one of those promises, I kept the other, and I've watched over them. Bringing them to the island was only to hope they got killed while I wasn't paying attention. Unfortunately, it's turned out differently. Now, Wren has her new family and sister, and possibly a guy while Annie has the happiness of watching them be happy. I don't want them to die, Sam, they're all I have left of Jennette, but I want the memory gone, them dead.

"That's why I can't love you... I don't want to end up hurting you the way I hurt her." My heart was aching at the lost memories of the 'happy days.' I looked at Samantha, waiting for a reaction, but she just sat there, taking it in, face pale, just I imagined mine was. I couldn't help but wonder what she thought about me, though it didn't matter, as long as she still loved me, I was fine with her hating me too.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:05 pm
eldEr says...

Samantha

I swallowed hard, taking deep, slow breaths. Damon...he was as bad as Griff, wasn't he? Except Griff never loved you. Not from the start. Which, in a sense, only made Damon worse. And...had he just admitted to loving me? Never, not once in my whole life, had I been this confused.

Damon was good. Damon was horrible. Damon was trustworthy, he was scum. He needed to stop flopping around like this and pick a side of things and stick with it. Things were so much easier in black and white.

We just sat there, staring at each other. I wanted to cry, I wanted to shoot him, I wanted to get up, walk away and hunt down Mark and shoot him. I didn't do any of those things, the only thing I could do was gawk.

Finally, finally, I said something. "Nice to know there are more Griffs in the world, Damon. Just wonderful." I rose from my chair and walked towards the door, grabbing my gun off the table as I walked past.

I headed for my room, where I would be alone, left in peace. Maybe I'd plot some form of revenge. Some mysterious virus to search out the Griffs-at-heart in the world and destroy them all. Or maybe that was overkill. But...going ot my room, I couldn't do anything there. The more I thought about it, the more I found myself wanting to pick something apart, discover its weaknesses.

So I took a detour, down towards the labs. Time to finish creating my second set of beasties. If I was lucky, Damon would get stuck feeding them and they'd rip him to shreds.

"Then what?" I muttered to myself. "Then nothing. Simple as that Samantha. And great, now you're talking to yourself. In the third person. Wow."
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

i got called an enigma once so now i purposefully act obtuse
— chikara