z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:25 pm
Calligraphy says...

Michel

The city. It was awesome. Blake didn't seem too enthusiastic, but I was jumping for joy. Ashton was handing out money. "So, I'll split it up.." By the time we got to the mall parking lot I couldn't take any more.
"Come on!" I grabbed Bake's hand. I looked around at everything as we walked. I couldn't take it all in. Everyone else seemed just as amazed. I entered the first clothes store. It was dark and smelled strongly of perfume. I pulled Blake over a rack.
"Pick something out." She looked at me like I was crazy. I glanced at everyone else. They had all pretty much split up and were browsing.
"Whats wrong?"

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:26 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

I hugged Ashton's waist. "We should!" I agreed. I knew Blake hated malls, but she would just have to get over that fear sooner or later, now wouldn't she? Now, I wasn't one to shop, but I was one to eat all the free samples and still stay 90 pounds. And just like that, we were off to find some clean clothes of our own--or, in this case, buy some clean clothes of our own.

I felt normal, walking down the street, my friends that I called family with me, holding Ashton's hand. No one turned to stair at us while we walked. It was a quick glance in our direction, and maybe a smile if they were kind enough, then their face was gone. I was happy. I didn't know why, but I wanted to just scream--in the good way. I was basically skipping again. I felt like a normal teenage girl with friends and a boyfriend.

Boyfriend. A word I wasn't used to. Where we came from, it was love. Ashton was my love, because a love lasted longer than a boyfriend. A love was yours for life, while a boyfriend might love you for a week. I felt human, something I'd never experienced before. This was good, right?

~Ashton~

Ellie was basically dragging me behind her as we walked down the sidewalk. She was exited, anyone with eyes could see that. We all laughed and had a good time. The more I was with them, the more I felt like them. But I didn't have wings at night like they did, and I was nowhere near as good a fighter as some of them where. I'd never actually seen Ellie fight. We had just been playing, but ended up kissing, so we quite. But I wanted to see her fight. I wanted to see if she could really beat me in combat. I was good at fighting sure, but not as good as them. They could fly away at any time during a battle. But they weren't afraid to fight until they couldn't anymore. I could tell that just from the wounds they had.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:34 pm
Dragonet says...

>Apple,if you want Ester to pick out Corbin's outfit, he likes lots of layers and necklaces. He does not like anything goth or black, but he's not one for bright colors either. Besides that, throw anything on him :D (that goes for you too, Yuriiko.)<

Corbin~

This was great! It was nice of Ashton to let us barrow some clothes, but I was excited to finally be able to get some new clothes that I could call my own.

We walked into a mall and split up, I was with Ester and Caroline. After I had picked out a couple of things I tried them on in the changing room and walked out for the girls to see. Ester burst out laughing and Carry covered her mouth with her hand. I frowned, "It's not that bad, is it?" I asked innocently, it looked fine to me.

"Oh my gosh Corbin, I love you and all, but maybe you should try on a different outfit." Ester said after she stopped laughing. Carry nodded in agreement, "Maybe Ester and I can help you pick out an outfit," She suggested, smiling. My cheeks were burning red, but I just nodded and let them do the shopping.
Last edited by Dragonet on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:41 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

"What's wrong?" Michel asked.

"Are you blind?" I asked incredulously. "This is a boy's rack. Girl's are over there." I nodded with my head.

"Oh." he said. I couldn't help smiling. I pecked his lips. Rolling my eyes I said, "Come on. I want to get this over with."

Turns out that store and me got along fairly well. It was dark, dank, and had a lot of black. I got a new pair of jeans, a long sleeved plain black shirt, and black sneakers. Similar to what I had, but, you know, knew. And name brand. Not that I cared.

Michel looked at me like "Really?"

"What?" I asked.

"Is that really all you're getting?"

"I don't know. Maybe?"

"It's all black."

"Not the jeans!" Come on. Did he expect me to find some fru-fru pink dress and go twirling around the store or something?

"You should get something with color. Maybe purple or blue. That'd look good on you."

OK, I know I don't know much about teen relationships, but isn't it usually the girl telling the guy how to dress, and to stop wearing so much black?

I sighed. "Fine. But it's going to be a DARK blue. Got it?"

Michel smiled, then kissed me. He tilted his head to get a better angle, and slid his hands to my back. When we pulled away several people were staring, and for the first time in my life it wasn't because I had wings.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:58 pm
Calligraphy says...

Michel

I slipped away I had never been stared at for kissing a girl before. "Pick some more stuff out or I'll kill you." I said going back to the guys stuff. It didn't take me long to pick out A new pair of shoes, some white tank tops, and a pair new black skinny-jeans. As I shopped I laughed inwardly. I had told Blake what to wear. Usually it was the other way around.

After A while I found Blake again. Much to my pleasure she had bought some tank-tops with color and some short shorts. "See, that wasn't so bad. They will look great on you."

"Whatever."

"Hey you wanna go find some hair die with me? No one will miss us, and look at me I haven't let my hair grow this far out in years. " Before she could reply I caught her hand and was dragging her to a different store. We found hair dye pretty soon. I was bouncing off the walls at this point.
"Come-on we have to back." Blake sounded worried. "There are going to miss us soon." But, my eye was already caught. I pulled her into a store.
"I have to get a tattoo, or a piercing or something!"
"Michel," I turned.
"huh?"

262 Reviews

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:03 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

"No," I said. "We don't have time."

Too late. Some heavily pierced and tattooed guy walked up to us.

"Come on little missy. At least have a look around." What did he just call me? "We just got a new tattoo pattern. How about some wings across your back, huh?"

OK, even I had to laugh at that.

"Come on Michel. We have to go."

As I pulled him out of the store he looked longingly back.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

116 Reviews

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:18 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

I loved being in the mall. I went from one store to the next, looking at cute clothes, and trying them on. I saw one store in particular from the store in front of it. It looked Gothic, dark and scary. But dark and scary were my thing. I pulled Ashton along. He was shaking his head the whole time, and I kept nodding. I began my search immediately, looking for a good pair of pants.

I saw a pair of black jeans that looked a little like my other ones, only cuter, cleaner. They had holes all in the legs, and they were skinny all the way down. I threw them over my arm, and searched for a cute shirt to go with them. There was one in the window, calling my name. It was strapless, black with red lace at the bottom.

Ashton simply watched as I ran about, looking at clothes. He had this smile on his face that told me he was amused by my actions. Then, a pair of really good shoes. I didn't care about those, as long as they fit, and I could walk in them. But that idea went down the drain when I found a cute pair of black leather boots, straps on the back, a heal maybe four inches high. Ashton was behind me when I was looking at them, and he turned around, tearing his eyes from whatever he was looking at.

"I'd love to see you walk in those," he whispered in my ear. I hit his shoulder, picking them up, and heading to the dressing room. If I had enough money after this, I'd seen a hair salon maybe three stores down.

When I came out, Ashton was surprised that I could walk in heals. I wasn't. Before I got put on the island, I wore heals all the time. I wasn't much for dressing up good, but the heals were good. I looked at myself in the full length mirror. I looked amazing! Better than I thought. I went and changed back into my other clothes, and kept those in my hands.

One thing I wasn't much for, a corset. They were tight, and irritating. But they looked so cute. So you see my point at buying the two I bought? Then, I headed for the salon, dragging Ashton behind me. Then, after hair, it was off to get a tattoo! And possibly get my lip pierced again. It had closed up sense last time. Then food!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:32 pm
Calligraphy says...

Michel

I turned to look at Blake then back at the dude. "Please?" I knew I sounded like a whiny kid, but I didn't care. Just because Blake didn't like things like shopping didn't mean I couldn't. I liked looking cool.
"FINE!" She sounded angry and frustrated.
"You don't have to wait... But, if you want you could maybe get a lip piercing or maybe your belly-button! That would look awesome man." She glared. "I just want you to have fun..."
"I don't need to get a piercing to have fun."
"Well, I'm getting one. Do you think it would look good for me to get my lip done. Or is that to much. Hmmmm. What tattoo should I get?" I pulled her back in the store.
"I don't care." She pulled away. "I'm going to find the others." That's when Ellie walked up.
"Hey guys I was gonna get a my lip re-pierced."
"She has been going crazy." Ashton commented. I laughed.
"BLAKE here isn't having any fun at all."

262 Reviews

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:40 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

"I've been having SOME fun." I thought back to when we were kissing in the dark store.

"Oh yeah," said Michel. "When." No way was I going to admit anything in front of my sister.

"Never mind. But I'm not kissing a guy who has his lip pierced."

And I walked off, wondering why I was... not really dating... more in love with... just a loon. Then I remembered: He's such a good kisser. Well, that was one of the reasons. The others were too many to count.

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Blaise

It was nice to get some clothes that weren't covered in blood, but there's only so much shopping that I could take and after I had some new clothes I knew I had to get Anika some.

Well, this was hard. Because honestly, I had no idea what a girl her age would wear. Or was supposed to wear. I turned towards Kaylee and said, "Um... Anika..."

"I'll find her something," Kaylee said, grinning widely.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

116 Reviews

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:54 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

It didn't hurt for me, but Michel was squirming like a lizard next to me. The guy hadn't even gotten the needle ready yet, and Michel was already moving around. Mine was already done. It's one of those things where you can't help but mess with it. Ashton had his lip pierced, and now we would all look cool! I was turning Gothic, I think. Black was my favorite color, and I had just gone into Hot Topic, the Gothic store.

I looked at the booklet of tattoos. I had no clue which one I wanted. There were so many to choose from. Then, I found one I wanted. It was a phoenix who's tail was long and melted into flames at the end. It was perfect. Ashton smiled at me, and nodded in approval.

The guy was taking way too long preparing my stomach for the tattoo. When he finally started, I had to keep myself from jumping as he began working on my stomach. I felt minimal pain, but it was definitely there. It was all red when he was done, and I looked at it. It was large on one side of my stomach, and one wing wrapped around to my back. It was beautiful. I paid the man, and we left.

I laughed as Michel was playing with the lip ring too. "Not so bad was it?" I asked, punching him lightly on the shoulder. He laughed and shook his head. Me and Ashton headed to the salon. We had just happened to pass this before we got to it, and I didn't even have to ask, I got the tattoo I wanted. I was thirteen, and I had just gotten a tattoo. Wow, something I never thought I'd do. I looked at least sixteen, or so everyone said.

My hair ended up getting my hair died white again. That faded into several tones of blue with small streaks of pink and purple in it. Ashton liked it, and it was time to see what everyone else thought.

Spoiler! :
OK, some of the stuff was hard to describe--the tattoo and the hair. So, here it is: Tattoo: Image
Hair:
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:06 am
Apple says...

Ester Alice:

I dug my fingers into the pockets of the track suit pants Ashton had lent me. I was going to get other clothes but right now, my objective was focused on Corbin. Carry walking around the corner holding a long sleeved white shirt. In the other was a pair of deep blue jeans.

"Do you think he'll like it?" I asked, pulling off a hipster belt studded with small pyramid looking things. Carry grinned, nodding.

"What about some of those too?" She motioned with her head towards a shoe stand. Walking cautiously towards it, I picked up the small flap of paper. "Chucks?" I muttered confused.

A younger, more feminine boy stood beside me. "Don't you know anything?" He said rolling his tongue, "Chucks are converses!" He rolled his eyes dramatically, a younger looking girl snickering into her pink, fluffy mask. I resisted the urge to punch both of them squarely in their faces. Instead, I nodded smiling girlishly.

Carry looked at the pair in distaste as they ran off pulling at some of the "chucks". I sighed loudly, grabbing at a cap, I placed it over my head.

"How do I look?" I asked, swaying my hips and striking a pose. Carry laughed, her voice ringing.

"Looks like you're a lost girl!" Poking my tongue out at her, I headed towards the dressing rooms. Where Corbin awaited his clothes. I wondered what he'd think. Good? Bad? Let's just hope he wasn't going to choose anything for me.
I spy!

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:56 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

It didn't hurt that much. There was a slight sting, but that was all. I was carrying maybe six bags in each hand. We headed for the food court. I saw some of the others, eating burgers and fries. That sounded really good. We went through the line, or Ashton did while I sat at one of the many tables with my stuff and waited. He came bag with a chili dog for him, and a cheeseburger for me. It tasted so good.

I savored it, wanted it all to last. I'd lived off berries and nuts and squirrel and the same frickin' fish day in and day out. This was a nice change. A very nice change. Speaking of change, I'd done changed into my skinny jeans and strapless shirt with the boots. I actually looked like a girl. It was nice to be back the way I had been before. Though this wasn't exactly the same.

I got tired of sitting down, so I grabbed my Dr Pepper, and we went walking, looking in the windows of all the stores--the ones we had done shopped in. I wondered if Blake was having a good time. I hadn't even thought to check in with Anika and them, though what glimpses I had seen were brutal. Anika probably wanted to have fun, and I knew Blaise was tense about all of this. But he trusted my Ash.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 pm
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

In the end Ester and Carry helped me picked out a ton of great clothes. Right now I had on Three layers of shirts, two necklaces, some pretty hot converse and some nice jeans.

Next the girls did their thing. In an hour and a half (girls take forever) they had gotten some great clothes. Caroline got all blue (of course). And Ester was, well, stunning. She looked absolutely gorgeous. But there was one thing missing. "Hmm. I like it but I think you're missing something." I told her.

She frowned, "like what?" I grabbed her hand and started pulling her over toward the makeup section. When she saw where we were going, she dug her heels in the ground. "No, Corbin I don't want any make up."

"I know," I told her. She was a tomboy and getting her face painted up wasn't what I was even thinking. "Just follow me." She still didn't look to happy, but she let me pull her along. Finally I stopped at a shelf and ran my hand along the rack, looking for the right one. At last I found what I was looking for. "Ah-ha!" I said in triumph, holding up a watermelon-flavored lip gloss. "It won't hurt you to try a little bit of this on, will it?" She shook her head and, with out hesitating, I unscrewed the lid and put some on her lips.

Now her lips were glistening and I bent over and pecked her on the lips. I pulled back to see her smiling at me. She was beautiful, was I not the luckiest guy in the world? I leaned over and we kissed some more, her lips tasted like watermelon.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

262 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:46 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

After walking around and glancing at all the stores--none of them held my interest enough to actually enter them--I made my way to the food court. Ellie, Ashton, and Michel were already there, eating.

When I walked up Michel turned. He had gotten the lip ring.

"Seriously?" I asked him. He grinned.

I sighed, then went to go get a burger.

~asofterworld.com

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien