z

Young Writers Society

Indigena

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 pm
Pan says...

Ezzie | Jungle
Ezzie wandered through the Jungle, searching for the plants Faith had ordered. She was nearing the edge of the Jungle, the dirt and grass mixing in with the sand of the beach. She spotted some Aloe Vera plants, and reached forward to break off a few stalks.
Then, more thunder sounded. Her green eyes flickered up, to the plane, which was a mere thirty feet away. A group of kids were standing my the door, staring at a figure in the doorway.
It was Elvis. He seemed to be hesitating, feeling his way around. 'What is this?'
Ezra dropped the plants, and ran toward the group. "What's wrong with him?"
"I can't see! I can't see!" He screamed, his knuckled clutching the door frame. Ezzie grimaced.
This was not good. "Elvis- Elvis. Listen to me!" She called, trying to soothe him. "Elvis. It's gonna be okay. You're alright."
He nodded shakily. Ezzie's hand slipped over his. His eyes were unfocused, and tears filled them, but he blinked them away rapidly.
She grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the plane. He clutched her hand so tightly that his knuckles were white. "Ezzie? That you?"
"Yeah, Elvis. It's Ezzie. Just, come with me, Okay? We'll be alright. Come on," She coaxed, her voice calm, even though she wasn't.
First the guy that stood by her, then the girl, then Dame. Next Elvis? No, Nobody else was getting hurt. "You guys, go take shelter in the woods!"
"But the plane-"
"It's attracting the lightning! Are you stupid? GO!"
Ezzie's hand ached as Elvis gripped it. "Ez?"
"Just one foot in front of the other, Okay? I'm here to guide you."
"What's wrong with me?" He asked.
"It's just temporary blindness, okay? Did you fall?"
"Yeah, I hit my head."
"Oh dear." She sighed. "Clumsy, much?"
Elvis chuckled, then loosened his grip. "Thanks, Ezzie."
Ezzie pulled him to the tree line, where she had dropped the Aloe and the leaf. "We're just going to go back to the clubhouse, Elvis. We can do this."
He nodded. "We can do this."
Ezzie smiled, even though he couldn't see it. "Elvis, you're doing fine." She picked up the aloe, and started leading Elvis to the clubhouse.
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:20 pm
Ciblio says...

Damien | Jungle

After going unconscious, I could hear everything that was happening, for some odd reason, but I couldn't reply. I forgot where I was. What had even happened. Who were these people? The girl who dragged me to this...place?

I heard Ezra, but she didn't sound as calm as she usually does.

After listening to her leave, I tried to move. Open my eyes. Something. But I couldn't..

What was wrong with me? I couldn't feel one of my legs.

I told myself that I was having a bad nightmare. That I was still at home. In my bed.

Once I thought about it, I just opened my eyes. Hoping to see my ceiling. Unfortunately, I saw mud. Mud? Mud..roof? What?

Where was I?

I tried looking around, but my neck cramped up. "Ah...dammit."

Noticing the girl next to me, I remembered who she was. But I couldn't remember what had happened.

I rubbed my neck, and propped myself up onto my elbow, squinting at my surroundings.

"F-faith? Where am I?" I whispered, then felt a sharp pain shoot up from my leg.

Looking down, my eyes widened, and I fell back, breathing quickly.

What in the world?
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:09 am
fictionfanatic says...

Elvis ¦ Jungle

"Ezzie!" I said, gripping her hand as I stumbled over something for the umpteenth time.

"It's okay, Elvis," she reassured, "We're almost there."

I could tell something wasn't right with her. She masked her voice well, but I could feel her hand trembling in mine ever so slightly. Or maybe that was my hand. I couldn't tell anymore.

"Ezzie...am I going to stay like this?" I asked cautiously.

She was quiet for a moment, thinking about it I'm sure but all the same I couldn't help the frown tugging at the corners of my mouth.

"I don't know, Elvis." She said honestly, her voice soft.

I thought for a moment, moving my head about to look at my surroundings. I saw colors, shapes and shadows, but everything was so blurry. Even Ezzie.

"Ez, did I ever tell you I like the way your hair falls around your face?" I asked, turning my head to her shape, "I can't see it anymore."

We took a few more steps and she announced, "Alright, we're here now. Can you climb up?"

I reached towards the shape of the tree house, but my hands grasped nothing. Frustrated with myself I reached again, again missing. Ezzie grabbed my hands and guided them to the edge.

Looking over at her I added, "I like the color of your eyes, too." Then hoisted myself up in to the shack.
Live, Love, Laugh

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:40 am
Liv says...

Faith ¦ Jungle Clubhouse

"Y-you don't remember?" I inquiried. When he responded with a shake of his head, I questioned, "Damien...where do you think we are?"

He looked around for a moment, taking in our shack, then ventured a guess, "Africa?"

"Damien..." I said carefully, "We left Africa, remember? But...but we didn't make it home. Our plane crashed on this island and there was a storm. There is a storm, it's still going on. And you...you got hit by lightning, Dame."

As I finished explaining Elvis popped in, crouching on his hands and knees while Ezra pulled herself in behind him.

"What're you guys-" I was cut off, though, when Elvis looked over at me.

"Faith...I can't see." He whispered.

A gasp escaped me and I crawled over to him, cupping his face in my hands, "Oh Elvis."

"He fell and hit his head." Ezzie clarified, looking over at a now awake Damien anxiously, "And I got these for you," she finished, handing over the plants.

Accepting the plants graciously I suggested, "I guess...sit where there's space. Elvis...I'll check you in a moment, okay?"

Turning to Damien I sifted through the plants, identifying them each carefully. Selecting one I rolled it in to a ball and put it to Damien's mouth, "Dame, chew and swallow this. It'll help clear your head and dull the pain.

70 Reviews

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:56 am
Pan says...

Ezzie | Beach
I flushed, but Elvis couldn't see it. He shakily hoisted himself into the clubhouse, and I pulled myself up after him.
"I brought Elvis."
"Ezzie? Ez?" Damien asked, laying on the floor. Beside him, the blonde girl lay. "Are you okay?" I handed the Aloe to Faith.
I nodded, "Yeah. I think Elvis bumped his head." I mumbled. "He can't see." I explained. "There might be trauma, a concussion, perhaps? There's more Aloe in the box beside you."
"How do you know so much?" Damien asked. "And, why is your face red?"
I looked at Elvis quickly, and flushed again. "No reason. Anyways, you need to be treated, Elvis needs to be treated, and so does this chick." I said, motioning to each of *my* patients.
Elvis pressed his hands to his eyes, and I pried them away. "Elvis, I'm going to ask you some questions, okay?"
"Okay." Faith began spreading the Aloe onto Damien's leg, and the girl's now exposed back.
"First, What is your name?"
"Elvis. Easy."
"Count to ten."
"That's not a question."
"Do it." I growled.
"One, two, three, four, five, six, seveneightnineten." He finished quickly.
"God, what is this object in my hand?" I held up my lighter.
"Small, metal. Your zippo, right?"
"Yeah. Can you see this?"
I lit the flame close to his face, but not close enough to burn him. "...Yeah."
"Okay, last question, do you see anything out of the ordinary? Like, little butterflies, or trolls, or anything..?"
"No, it's just blurry."
I nodded, "Hm. Alex, would you hand me that gauze?" I asked, pointing to the roll in the box at his feet. He tossed me a roll. "And some tape?" The medical tape followed.
I looked at Elvis, who had a cut on the side of his head. "There's no concussion, luckily. The blurriness should go away, soon." I mumbled, looking to Damien.
"Is he all patched up?" Faith and I chorused.
"Yeah," I replied. "He's fine."
Faith nodded. "Dame's good, too."
Alex sighed. "What do we do now?"
"We wait." I sighed. "We wait for the storm to subside, and for our patients here to heal."
Faith nodded in agreement. I stepped over to Alex, and wrapped my arms around him. "Thanks," I began. "Thanks for cheering me up."
I AM THE PAN.
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

67 Reviews

Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:11 am
Ciblio says...

Damien | Jungle

I watched as Ezra hugged Alex, and talked to him in a low voice.

Red started forming on my face.

Am I really getting jealous? She's my best friend. She can talk to who she wants. Hug who she wants.

But I couldn't stop staring at them. Him.

"What happened to him..?" I asked quickly, looking over at the Elvis boy, determined to think of something other than Alex.

I was sure that she had already said what had happened to him, but I wasn't exactly sure.

Ezra moved over closer to me, placing her hand on Elvis' wrist.

What was wrong with him?

"Well,-" Faith started, but was cut off by Ez.

"He hit his head bad. lost his sight temporarily...hopefully just temporarily." Ezra replied, looking down at my leg.

"Why were you out there? On the beach? Alex said to take cover. Why didn't you listen?" Ezra asked, anger rising up her chest.

"I..I don't know." I whispered, trying to stay awake.

I glanced over at my best friend, and saw guilt in her eyes.

Tears formed in my eyes.

I don't know why. The last time I cried was about three months ago, when my dog Tallie passed away.

I tried sitting up, only to be pushed back down ever so lightly by Faith.

"You can't get up, Damien. You need your rest." She told me, as she settled back down next to me.

"I can't...how.." I couldn't find my words.

"Damien...Dame. Just rest. We'll talk more later. Alright? Everything's fine." Faith said soothingly.

Furious, I wiped the tears from my face before they could escape, and closed my eyes, not sure what else there was to do.

previously:
GuyFieri

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:55 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Peej

BANG! Lighting struck the beach leaving a burning smell in the air. All the guys ran out but I stayed back to grab our supplies. I had picked up the wooden axe someone had made and headed for the door. I got to the door and a huge gust of wind came slamming the hatch closed, making me locked inside the burning plane.

I pounded my fists hard against the door but everyone had already escaped to the jungle by now. I jogged around inside the plane looking for a way out when I saw the broken window I had originally busted out. I climbed out onto the wing and onto the beach.

I stopped for a moment to try to locate Saph, who was know where in sight. A huge flash of light erupted next to me on a piece of shrapnel sticking out of the ground. The electrical energy when into the ground electrocuting my right foot in the process. I fell onto the ground in shock clutching my now tingling foot in my arms. I felt no pain though, just numbness.

I tried standing up on my foot but I couldn't feel it at all. I felt tears streaming down my face now as I dragged my foot through the sand and into the jungle. I found a tree house and dragged my self into it my foot now violently twitching.

"Jesus, man." The boy said looking over at me.

I knew I probably looked horrible, stringed hair, dilated eyes, a twitching foot, but I needed help.

"My foot, I can't move it." I wheezed having a hard time not passing out. One of the girls reached out and rested a hand on my foot.

My vision was going blurry and I was getting closer to passing out by the second.

"You might have paralyzed your leg, I'm going too.." The girl said her voice growing quite as my vision went black and my head hit the ground.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

67 Reviews

Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:05 am
Ciblio says...

Damien | Jungle

As Saph's boyfriend, or whatever he was, arrived, I had been sitting in the corner, staring at my leg.

"Something wrong with him?" I asked Ezra, who had been sitting next to me, saying she was sorry about my leg.

She stood up with a grunt, and looked down at me. I could still see every detail of her face, since she was so short. "I'll be back in a few."

I watched as she trudged over to the boy, and kneeled down, placing one of her hands on his foot.

Why're they looking at his foot?

I tried moving, but then remembered what Faith had told me: "If you move, Damien, you won't like what you get in return."

I knew what I'd get in return. A swift kick in my ass. And I'd probably be in pain for even longer.

I decided that I should try and be useful, but how am I supposed to be useful when I have an charred leg?

"What's his name?" I asked, not really even caring, just wanting to talk.

"P.J." Alex said, and crouched down next to me.

"What exactly happened? To your leg. Do you remember?" He questioned.

I looked forward, towards all the trees. "I didn't even know where I was a little while ago. What makes you think I know what happened? Damn."

The boy threw his hands back in defense, and added, "Just wondering, amigo."

I could hear his Spanish accent lingering in the air, waiting for me to reply.

"I don't remember getting...hit." I mumbled, tracing my finger along the wooden floor.

"Well, looks like the storm is going to go on for quite a bit longer. Gives you more time to remember." Alex said, and stood up.

Still looking at the trees, I heard him walk away, over to the others.

previously:
GuyFieri

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:12 pm
Liv says...

Faith

While Ezra examined PJ I made my way over to Elvis to talk with him.

"Hey Elvis," I greeted, sliding down the wall to sit beside him, "Let's chat for a bit."

He turned his head to face me, his eyes searching for me, which I took as a go ahead, "How did this happen?"

He thought for a moment, his eyes still searching, and responded, "We told you, I fell and hit my head."

"Yes, but how did you fall?" I clarified, looking at his searching eyes.

He sat searching for a moment, then with a sigh gave up and closed them, "I was getting everyone out of the plane. The thunder was shaking the plane but I wanted to make sure everyone was out...but the plane shook too much and it was still so wet from the rain...and I couldn't keep my footing...and I fell."

"Oh Elvis...this is all my fault...I shouldn't have made you go in there." I said breathily, holding back tears.

"Don't do that to yourself, Faith. You saved all of them." He said, his eyes snapping open to find me.

"But I didn't save you." I whispered, wiping my eyes of tears.

"Look at it this way," he said after a moment of thought, "If it lasts...I can't join the military."

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:26 pm
barefootrunner says...

Darren Holt | Jungle

"I'm so sorry to butt in," Darren growled, hoisting himself into the treehouse. His wet body flapped onto the floor and he squelched over, like an enormous caterpillar, to an open spot in the crowded cabin. Holes were starting to show in the roof where the mud had dissolved, and water was dripping in. The trees were creaking in the wind.

Several sheepish-looking couples broke up immediately. This satisfied Darren. If he could still do anything in this damn place, it was breaking up couples. It was a small comfort, but he needed it. Nothing was going right on this island. One guy, Elvis, he thought, had a glazed look about him. His hair flopped over his face, but he made no move to push it back. He blinked owlishly from between the wet strands.
"Dude, if you push your hair back, you might just be able to see something," Darren said.
The guy's eyes snapped to a point somewhere to Darren's left.
"You're the prefect guy, aren't you?" he said.
"What are you talking about—can't you see the badge?" Darren scoffed.
"He can't see anything at all," Faith snapped from beside him, looking scandalised at Darren's insensitivity.
"So sorry," Darren muttered, shooting her a poisonous look. "You're wasting your time, by the way."
The girl looked like she was going to ignore him, but turned back to face him. "What's your problem?"
"He's after the short kiddo, really. I thought you should know before you get too stuck in," he said nastily.
Elvis's eyes roved over a spot a foot in front of Darren, and he stretched out a hand as though ready to strike.
"Do you think I could get him?" Elvis asked the girl in a quiet voice.
"It's not worth it," she hissed back, her face scarlet. "Why expend so much precious energy on such a—"
Exactly what he was, Darren would never know, for four more people clambered into the cabin at that moment.
"Get out!" someone howled. "It can't carry this much—"
With a slow grating sound and a creak, the knots in the soaked vines snapped apart and the entire platform slid down the trees and crashed onto the forest floor.

Everyone exploded.
"Are you okay?"
"Elvis!"
"What just happened?"
"My leg!"
"Ezzie?"
Darren extricated himself from the mangled wreckage. Fortunately, the construction had not been all that heavy, or too high, so nobody appeared hurt. Well, nobody appeared much more hurt than they already were. Some girls were piled on top of each other, shrieking with hysterical laughter. The sound was unearthly amid the crashes of the waves on the beach, and the louder lightning explosions that seemed to jolt the earth itself. Through gaps in the trees, Darren could see people still running hap-hazardly across the beach. People were groaning and yelping with pain. Someone was running her hands through her hair, messing it up even more than before. Darren couldn't see who it was. In fact, it was difficult to recognise anybody amid this unadulterated chaos.

"Look at you bloody fools!" he bawled. "Can't even keep a treehouse up! Can't even not get struck by lightning! You—"
"Shut up!"
Something, or someone, hit Darren hard across the back of his neck.
"Good shot!"
Darren turned, but he was too late to see the speaker. A tree beside him exploded into a thousand shards of wood and sparks. They were all jerked off their feet. Darren was peppered with the splinters.
"I am a prefect," he yelled over the raging storm, his blood mixing with the rainwater trickling down his back. "You're not allowed to hit me!"
"We're all fucking doomed anyways!" somebody howled. "We'll get hit on the beach, we'll get hit in the trees! We're all soaking wet!"
The blind boy, Elvis, grabbed him by the collar. Darren had the eery experience of being stared down by someone who couldn't see him.
"If you don't shut up now," Elvis breathed, "you'll get us all killed." He turned away. "On your hands and knees, everybody!" he shouted. "We'll crawl! There must be some sort of shelter in this jungle!" He gazed blindly over their heads, one hand on a tree trunk to steady himself, as everybody got down and started to crawl.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

70 Reviews

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:06 pm
Pan says...

Ezzie | Jungle
Elvis told us to crawl. But how would he crawl? He can't see!
"Elvis, how will you make it along?"
"I have these trees." He replied, patting a tree.
"Well, that's not gonna get you along." I mumbled. "And if it does, you'll be really slow. Let me help you."
He shrugged, er, kind of. The others had already started crawling, and I took Elvis' hand. "You gonna be okay?"
He nodded, "As okay as I can be." I frowned.
"Come on." I mumbled, pulling him along. He followed willingly.
I muttered a curse. "What?" He asked. "Are we lost?"
"No, I just left the first-aid kit." I frowned. "Dang."
He chuckled, and I pouted. "You're pouting aren't you?"
I blushed and looked away. "No."
He chuckled again, his blonde hair falling in his face. "That's cute, Ezzie."
I avoided his gaze, and kept pulling him along. My eyes landed on Darren, who smirked superiorly at me. I frowned at him.

Fifteen minutes later, Alex declared that it was dry enough here to wait out the storm. His glaring eyes never left Darren, and Darren glared right back.
I helped Elvis rest against a tree, and Faith came to sit next to him. I patted his head, and moved over to Dame. "Heya, stranger." I muttered, sitting down next to him.
"Hi." He replied.
"How's it hanging?" Damien's golden eyes locked with mine.
"You're getting awfully chummy with those people."
I frowned. "I take it that it's not hanging that well."
"Ezzie." He growled. "I'm being serious."
"Well, damn, Damien! Are you my keeper? No, man! I'm a big girl! I can take care of myself. I can't say the same for you, though!" I growled back, pointing at his leg. "You were being reckless!" My voice had risen to a yell, and everyone was staring at me, even Elvis.
"Why do you have to be so caring?"
"Because, I don't like people getting hurt! Is there a problem with that?"
"Ezzie, you know that if you're nothing but compassionate, then people are going to walk all over you." He replied, his voice low.
"Well, if they do, at least I helped some." I spat, standing up and marching away, toward Peej.
I AM THE PAN.
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

67 Reviews

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:51 pm
Ciblio says...

Damien | Jungle

I moved away from the others. Not very far, but far enough so that I couldn't hear any of them.

I wasn't being reckless. I was just looking for her...doesn't she understand?

Well, whatever.

"I'm fucking stuck on an island with a burned leg that's covered in mud, and a bunch of kids I don't know. Great." I said to myself.

Pushing my wet hair out of my face, I laid back, and looked up at the sky.

I moved my hand to my neck, where a necklace that I had gotten from an old lady in Africa lay.

"You are a strong boy," She had told me. "You will do great things when you are older."

Great things, eh?

How am I supposed to do great things when I'm stuck on a god damn island?

It was then that I realized that my leg hurt like hell, so I sat up, and stared at the black remains.

"Ugh..yes. I'm soo reckless, Ezraiah!

Putting my hands on my face, I thought about what Ezra had said: "Well, damn, Damien! Are you my keeper? No, man! I'm a big girl! I can take care of myself. I can't say the same for you, though!" She had growled back, pointing at my leg. "You were being reckless!" Her voice had risen to a yell, and everyone was staring at her, even Elvis.

"Do whatever the you want. See if I care." I grunted, and layed back down.

previously:
GuyFieri

67 Reviews

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:57 am
AlfonsoFernandez says...

Alex • Jungle

Alex wasn't one to think about girls for too long. But they were always on his mind. It seemed like there was a little piece in his brain reserved just for that. It always happened, and he never seemed to really be able to stop it. Right now, Ezzie seemed to be covering the whole of his thoughts. He couldn't really get her out of his mind. Since the storm had started, he had started to notice her for the first time. And then she had hugged him. Sure, she seemed to be compassionate of everyone, but hey, it was pretty much the best Alex had ever gotten from a girl.

However, Alex saw the way she looked at Elvis the whole time. Her eyes would go softer, and she tried to hide it. Not from Alex. From all the years that Alex had had no one to talk to, he had learnt how to read people's expressions. And he now saw Ezzie going all crazy for Elvis, the wanna-be king of rock or whatever it was, but he still had hope.

But another feeling invaded his mind. And it was just as strong as the feeling of love. It was frustration. He had done so much for everyone, yet they seemed not to notice. Who had warned them about the lightning just before it hit? Alex. But "Oh, Faith, you saved all of them." What does Alex get? Nothing. And who had thought first of the hut in the trees? Him. And what do they all do? "OMG, it's raining, let's all go to Elvis and Faith's clubhouse where we only go when we need it but find it disrespectful when Alex thinks about it!" And how did that turn out? Well, of course everybody decides to go there because there's a little rain and then they are so stupid to go all at once that they make it fall down.

Alex was so mad with everyone that he decided to leave. Maybe he would come back when the whole plane was gone from his original cave. He was just deciding he wouldn't tell anybody while he saw a guy sitting down hard on the floor, apart from everyone else. He recognized the guy as Damien, Ezzie's BFF. Damien seemed to be looking dreamily towards her. He didn't even notice Alex until he was right next to him.

"Nice friend you get there, eh?" exclaimed Alex, being sarcastic but also meaning what he said, "I'm sorry that she's kind of putting you in the friendzone. You can tell by the way you look at her, and the way she looks at you back. She's going for that Elvis guy. I don't blame her. But you might as well forget it. I don't mean to say this to bother you or be mean or anything, just thought you should know. She has no clue of your feelings for her, so she's not really trying to hide her feelings from you. Just saying." Alex waited for a moment, but when no response came, he continued, "I think we're both feeling the same way. Rejected, unwanted, misunderstood. I can't take it right now. I will be back when they need me, or maybe I'll be back when I need them. I'm leaving for now, I'll probably go search for a cave and stay there forever. Just tell them I went hunting. You know, just in case someone wonders where I am. Not that anyone will notice I'm gone."

Damien looked at him with a look that said, Is this guy crazy?, "You're leaving, like this, with a freaking storm going on like that? You might as well just kill yourself!"

That was a harsh comment, thought Alex, but he took no offense.

"I might as well," he agreed.

With that, Alex left, into the wild.
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

[insert inspiring quote]

70 Reviews

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:03 am
Pan says...

Ezzie | Jungle
I sat with my back against a tree, humming quietly to myself. I looked around our little makeshift camp, and noticed Alex was missing. Huh.
I stood, and my stomach growled. "We need food." I mumbled. "I'm so hungry."
A few people agreed, and I looked at Faith, then Elvis, then Damien.
"I'm going for food." I mumbled. "I'll be back."
--
My clothes were damp, my hair was almost dry. I stumbled back to the beach, and noticed that the spears were not that far from the tree line. Maybe ten feet?
After thinking for a moment, I decided to grab them.
I ran out into the ran- which had let up a little- and swiped at the makeshift rods before turning around and running back into the trees. I ran for a few minutes before stopping and looking at my surroundings.
I was a little out of breath, but I recognized a few trees, which had some of Elvis' 'markings.'
I followed them and found myself at the ruined clubhouse.
I found a few items buried in mud. My lighter, the first aid kit, a wooden axe. They rain began pouring down harder, and I felt it seep into my clothes, chilling my skin.
I felt a cold coming on, and shivered.
Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching, and whirled around. Saph, Cassie, Lilly, and a few other people entered my line of sight.
"Ez?" Saph asked, looking at me. "Have you seen..?"
I pointed in the direction of the new camp. "They're through there. Peej, Dame, Faith, Elvis, and a couple others."
Saph nodded, and led her little posse through the trees.
"Careful!" I called after them. I doubt they heard me, but oh well.
--
I continued trekking though the woods, and came across the mountain. I thought it might be a good idea to climb up a little bit, and look for anything I could use. I found a ledge and studied the landscape.
More thunder boomed overhead, and I turned around, searching for my way down, when I noticed a cave on the side of the mountain. I edged my way toward it and entered, noticing another presence.
"Ezzie?"
"Alex?"
"What are you doing?"
"Getting food." I replied. "I came up here to look for something to trap. What about you, though? You left suddenly."
"Ah." He looked away. "I told Damien to tell you guys that I went hunting."
"You have nothing to hunt with." I pointed out.
He stared at the ground.
"Alex.. You weren't leaving us, were you?" I asked, staring.
He looked up at me. "So what if I was?"
"Why?"
"Because. I'm different! You guys don't care about me!"
I glared at him, suppressing the urge to hit him. "Stupid!"
"Stupid? I'm stating the truth, Ezra."
I turned away from him. "You're beating yourself down, Alex." I looked back quickly at him, taking in his silvery-blue eyes and blonde streaked hair. "Wie konnte jemand hassen?"
He stared at me. "What?"
"I said, 'how could anyone hate you?'" I spat. "I don't see the point in hatred! You're being stupid! Assuming the worst of everyone! Let me give you some advice, yeah? Be compassionate, forgiving, caring! All you seem to do is hate everyone! I don't like that! Maybe you need somebody to love you in your life! I don't know- but.. You just need to stop this whole 'emo' act, man! At first... I thought you were just misunderstood, and unloved.. But now, you're acting like nobody's ever loved you! And here I am, thinking that maybe.. MAYBE, I might like you." I shouted, turning to him. "I guess not, though! you don't care anyways, right?"
"...What about... What about Elvis, huh?" Alex asked, His voice low, his eyes cast to the rock floor. "I saw how you look at him."
"Elvis.. Elvis? He has Faith. She likes him... I THINK she likes him, at least. She's known him longer. I only met him yesterday." I growled. "Yeah, he's attractive, but I wouldn't hurt Faith like that." I stared at Alex.
"And.. And are you just going to be blind to other's emotions? Elvis likes you, Damien likes you, I like you."
My face flushed. "Well. I'm not the best person to like." I mumbled, my voice breaking. "I'm really not."
He scoffed. "Well, you shouldn't lead people on."
"You think I try to? Would you rather me be antisocial? Uncaring?"
He shrugged. "You make people think that you like them."
"That's just who I am as a person! It's not my fault that I care! And I am NOT blind to other's emotions! Dame doesn't like me, I know THAT for a fact. And Elvis hinted at it, yano? But.. Like I said. I'm not the best person to like! And Elvis kinda likes Faith, too, I think." I was blabbering now.
He chuckled. "You talk to much, kid."
I pouted. "I know. So you were really leaving us?"
He shrugged. "None of you really liked me. I'm an outcast."
I held back the fury that was rising in my chest. "Not true. I like you. You're a good leader."
He stared at me. "I guess so."
"Alex? Have I told you that I really like you ah-ah-" I sneezed. "Eyes?"
"You okay there, kid?"
I glared. "I'm fine." I mumbled, sneezing again.
"You don't look fine."
"Well, I am." I shot back, as the thunder rumbled in the distance, and we waited for the rain to subside. "I hope you know that when this weather lets up, you're coming back to camp with me."
He shrugged. "Whatever, but you need warmth, Ez. It's not good for that cold."
I glared, but tossed him the lighter.
"Then start a fire."
He sighed, "With what? Come here." Alex motioned me over. I walked over to him, and he pulled me down beside him. As I sat down, he wrapped an arm around me, causing my face to go red. "You blushing?"
"No, it's just the cold." I lied.
Last edited by Pan on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM THE PAN.
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

67 Reviews

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:49 am
Ciblio says...

Damien | Jungle

"Bastard. I don't like my best friend. I just care about her." I mumbled to myself.

After he had trailed off, I found myself staring at Elvis. Of course he didn't know that, considering that he was 'temporarily blind'.

I didn't exactly mean to stare at him, though. I was actually thinking of the first time I met Ezra.

Funny story, not the time to think about it.

"It's quiet over here." A girl said. I looked away from Elvis, and to the person next to me. Faith. "How's your leg? Still hurt?" Faith asked, disrupting my train of thoughts.

Shrugging, I sat up.

"Mind if I look?" She asked.

I hate questions. Even if they're simple ones.

I shrugged again, and watched her crouch down, then take the damp clothe off of my leg.

"Oo..nasty looking." She whispered.

Faith was pretty, and nice. But she had some kind of thing with Elvis.

"Do you think I like Ezra?" I asked suddenly, not knowing why I asked it.

Faith shook her head. "I can see that you just want her to be happy. I think maybe she's just under a lot of stress, she didn't mean to yell at you earlier."

I scoffed. "Yeah, she did. I'm so reckless, right? I was so stupid because I went back to look for my best friend, and ended up getting struck by lightening. Huh, what a dummy, eh?"

"Stop it, Dame," She basically demanded. "You care for her. It doesn't make you reckless because you went to look for her."

I sighed, and nodded. Wanting the conversation to end.

"Don't let this get to you, alright? Don't let this end you guys' friendship." She whispered.

"..okay. Thanks, Faith." I replied.

She smiled, put the clothe back down, and went back to the others.

previously:
GuyFieri

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling