z

Young Writers Society

Soul Catchers [Started]

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:08 pm
JabberHut says...

(I'ma gonna post! Just to point out that if this dies, it's not my fault.)

Bridget Collins | SC | S741

Rena's soul weapon extended from her feet just in time. With some sort of movie-like ninja movies, she made two high kicks into the demons gut, redirecting its landing next to her rather than on top of her.

Caleb strolled up from behind Bridget (purposefully or accidentally running into her on the way), muttering, "Stay back."

Whether it was her worry or her rebelliousness, she wasn't sure. (Teenagers and their rebellious ways, right?) But Bridget didn't listen. She ran up next to Bart whose light discs were already in his hands. It seemed he was about to strike when Caleb got in the way.

Caleb walked up to the demon and stood there, staring its glaring red eyes.

Bart leaned down to Bridget. "Is his soul weapon eye lasers?"

She shook her head, not able to talk while she watched her partner foolishly stand there.

Then Caleb spit on it. The demon roared, stumbling backward, then swiped at Caleb who dodged and kicked it in the gut. When it was at a decent height off the ground, Rena jumped onto its back with her spiky feet, the demon roaring and flailing. Rena didn't seem to weigh much though since the demon threw her off its back and stood back up, turning around to face Caleb.

"Now's your chance," Bridget muttered to Bart.

"Right." Bart raised his discs and threw them at the demon, beheading it on the first go. Caleb was forced to dodge the second disc, which seemed to make him more furious. "Sorry!" he called out. He stifled a chuckle.

Bridget gave Bart a small smile, patting his back. "Nice shot anyway."

"Haha, it was nothing."

The demon's body twitched as if it wanted to continue fighting. It even took a step foreward and flung its arm out toward Caleb who easily dodged it with a step backward. He spit at it again. The demon fell to the ground.

Rena put her spiky foot on its back, arms folded across her chest. "And that's how you kill a demon."

"And that's how you stay out of my way," Caleb muttered as he past Bridget and Bart. Bart gave Bridget a look, but Bridget just shook it off and followed Caleb to the other squad and its defeated demon.
I make my own policies.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:00 pm
*coco says...

Here goes nothing...

Dmitri Abrams - Exorcist - Sq. 589

Man these demons were getting uglier by the day. This one in particular was shrouded in a long black cloak and had the face of a serpent with thick lines of blood pouring out of its eyes and white pulsating veins popping out from underneath his entire skin.

Dmitri turned to Adam just in time to see his partner activate his soul weapon, sliding out his wrist blades from under his palm.

“Let’s show them how it’s done,” Dmitri told him, a scoundrel’s grin across his face as the adrenaline he’d longed for for so long returned like a rush and pumped through his veins.

“Let’s...” Adam agreed, his eyes glaring up at the creature with distaste.

With one blink, a white smoky glaze formed over Dmitri’s eyes activating his soul weapon. Sensing what was about to happen next, the demon instantly looked away and leaped upwards into the air, plastering its body onto the roof. Once there, it burst into a satisfied fit of cackling laughter, obviously pleased with itself.

“Come on, your gonna have to do better than that!” Dmitri goaded it.

The demon let out a low rasp in anger before jumping from one end of the roof to another in an attempt to avoid being caught.

“Truly stupid creatures,” said Adam, rolling his eyes in a bored way as he unsheathed the black katana he stored behind his back and threw it like a javelin towards the demon with animal-like ferocity. It jammed into the creature’s stomach with perfect precision. The demon’s blood-filled eyes opened wide in fury as it let out a deafening roar.

“Do your thing, Dmitri...” said Adam.

Dmitri let out a smirk before locking eyes with the demon instantly hypnotising it. Within a few seconds the un-earthly creature was under Dmitri’s complete control. Using all his energy, Dmitri focused on the demon and made it climb down from the roof and walk towards them. Dmitri could slowly feel his energy start to fade away but he maintained his control over the creature.

“All yours mate,” Dmitri told Adam as the demon now stood directly in front of the pair of them.

With a look of satisfaction, Adam finished the demon off with his soul weapon causing it to let out a sharp screech in pain before its body disintegrated into a pile of ash and its soul was extracted by Adam into his body.

Dmitri could see Adam’s face pale as the demon’s soul entered inside him, his partner fell to the floor to his knees, squirming and pushing his hands down on his chest to try and kill the demon’s soul. Several seconds passed before Adam had the soul properly contained after which Dmitri sent the demon to the afterplane.

“I’d say we make a pretty good team, no?” Dmitri said with a smirk as he helped Adam get back up to his feet.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:52 pm
Sins says...

Liam Moore // S.C // Sq. 589

Really? I wasn't in the mood to fight some crippled looking thing right now, especially something that looked strikingly similar to the delusional old woman who lived next door to me in London. It was fat too - not the old woman, the demon. Nonetheless, I hastily turned to Santa, who's face was still paler than snow. It's a bloody helicopter. She was terrified when it came to helicopters, yet, she appeared to hold no fear for demons. Weirdo.

"Oi, Santa!" I called as Adam and Dmitri began fighting the other demon. "Let's smash this bastard!"

Before I even had a chance to blink, Santa formed a smirk on her face. The next thing I knew, she had drawn out some big whip thing. Jesus Christ. Is that... It's got spiky things on it. Where the hell did she get that? Trying to stop myself from laughing at the long thing, I watched as she grasped it tightly in her hand. She pulled her arm back, whiping it forward at a great speed.

The moment the weapon hit the old wom- demon, it let out an extremely loud screech. It flew backwards. I had to say, I was impressed with Santa. She clearly knew what she was doing. She glanced at me quickly with a why the hell aren't you doing anything? expression in her bright eyes. Touchy.

I winked at her and smiled. The demon had began making its way back towards us now. There was a deep slash on its stomach where Santa had whipped it, and there was blood dripping out of the wound. Considering I didn't have any kind of weapon on me, I'd have to use my soul weapon. As I was reaching down for the buttons on my top, I caught Adam in the corner of my eye. I paused. No way was I going around topless in front of him.

There was another whipping sound. Santa held the barbed whip high above her head, her teeth gleaming as she smiled. The demon yelped and flew backwards again. I glanced back at Adam. He just looked at me! I'd be so embarrassed if he saw me topless... What if he thought I was fat? Oh God, what if he noticed that weird growth thing I had on the right of my torso? I'd managed to get myself toned up pretty well, but the only issue was the fact that I had some kind of muscle spazm, resulting in a small buldge on my right. It was hardly noticeable... but still. He could have noticed.

"Liam!" Santa basically screamed. "Come on!"

Oh God, oh God, oh God. That was it. I was just going to have to beat the demon up or something. For the third time, Santa whipped the demon. It was extremely weak by now, which was good. All that I needed to do was punch the thing a few times, then I should have been able to take it down and what not.

I jolted towards where Santa was thrashing the demon. As it demon struggled on the floor, I noticed a bright light on Santa's wrist. Cool, she must have used her soul weapon. I actaully had no idea what I was planning on doing when I reached the demon. I supposed I would just try and beat the crap out of it. I'd killed a demon with my bare hands before, so I was sure I could do it again. Running past Santa, I then jumped at the demon. Holding it down on the floor the best I could, I soon punched it in the face. I punched it again, and again, and again.

"What in God's name are you doing?" Santa asked, standing above me. She muttered something in Spanish, or Italian... or Sweedish, or whatever as I continued beating the demon up.

It was damn hard as well. I was thanking God that it wasn't any bigger than it was, otherwise, it probably would have overpowered me. Ah, ha! I know! I grasped the demon's neck tightly, holding it down by its chest with my other hand. I then began smacking it's ugly head against the hard floor.

"Liam?! Are you drunk or something?!" Santa yelled.

I ignored her. She soon tried to stop me, but I shoved her hand away. This would work. I knew it would. Almost there. I had a great deal of scratches on my hands and arms from the demon tyring to fight back, but I ignored the slight pain I was getting from them. Come on... I could feel the demon's heartbeat underneah my palm, radically slowing down. It stopped. Yes!

I sighed in pleasure as I stood back up. The demon remained motionless on the ground below me. I wiped my hands, wincing as I touched the scrams on my arms. Santa stared at me. Ignoring the baffled look in her eyes, I placed my hands over its battered chest. After taking whatever soul the demon had inside of it, I nodded at Santa.

"Whip it. Just to make sure," I said.

As Santa did just that, I looked at Adam. He'd finished off his demon. When I looked back down, our demon was nothing but a pile of dirt. See! I knew that beating it up would have worked. Weapons weren't everything. Fair enough, maybe Santa's whip thing and her soul weapon had helped, but still... beating it up is what finished it off.

As I watched some of the dirt blow away in the wind, I grinned. Perfect. Adam hadn't seen the growth in my chest, the demon was long gone and Santa was staring at me as though I was a madman. That was an amusing end to this event.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:59 pm
Shearwater says...

Adam Pierce | SC | Sq. 589

London - Restaurant

“Well, at least we didn’t have any demonic difficulties while in the air,” Adam said. He was feeling extremely hungry and was upset that they all decided to go to snatch breakfast at a restaurant rather than go across the street for some tacos.

Dmitri sighed and ruffled his hair. “Yeah, I was actually able to take a nap...which was nice.” He shrugged. “I don’t know the next time I’ll get to take one peacefully.”

Adam glanced at his watch and then looked back at the other squad. “You guys have to leave to Paris, right? So I’m guessing this is the last time we’ll see you guys until the mission is over.”

Bart nodded. “We’ll see you guys when this crap is over. Hopefully we can locate the portals and find out what the hell is going on quickly. The fact that these tears are opening up everywhere is kind of creepy.”

“Yeah, I think so too.” Adam stretched his hands over his head. “Alright then, take care. Be safe.” He nodded at the four members as they got up and left the coffee shop, making way back to the jet. He watched the four as they disappeared across the busy London streets. They had stopped to have their first and last breakfast together before they departed. Hopefully, by the end of all this, he’d still be able to see all of their faces.

“So, where do we start?” Liam asked. His fork impaled the waffles on his plate as he, with elegance, set them into his mouth.

Adam lifted a brow as he watched Liam make...seductive eyes towards him? Adam was still trying to rid his head of Liam’s performance at the hanger. He literally killed the demon with his bare hands and looked like a madman while doing so. Liam’s soul weapon could have easily done the job so why didn’t he use it? With a sigh, he flickered his gaze at Santana trying to avoid Liam. “We should start in cities with the most demonic activity, most likely they’ll be nested there.”

Santana let out a chuckle. “Do you honestly think the demons would open portals in crowded cities? It’ll be hidden, in areas that are less populated.” She pushed back a strand of her hair. “Big cities are risky.”

Dmitri nodded. “She’s gotta point.”

Adam smiled as he sipped his juice. “There are unused buildings and empty lots too, warehouses and yards in which demons could opens tears. They’d be close to hunting grounds and it’s less likely they’ll look for them there. Most of the Organization members think these portals open up in random forests or caves.”

Dmitri nodded. “He’s gotta point.”

Adam narrowed his eyes on his partner.

“What?” He lifted his hands up with a smirk. “I’m just saying I agree. You know, voicing my opinion.”

“Do you have any other ideas?” Adam asked Dmitri. “Let’s rack our brains a little.”

Dmitri shrugged. “Well, there is one thing. I find it highly unrealistic that we’ll find any portals in the large cities. People go in and out of deserted grounds quite often. Teens and kids, someone would have noticed anything suspicious.”

“What if it’s in a nearby town?” Liam lifted his fork. “I mean, it’s close enough to the large city but far enough so it’s hidden.”

Dmitri nodded. “He’s - I mean, that’s a good idea.”

Adam tapped his lip with a spoon. “Hm, while it’s still daylight, we can check out some smaller towns around here and narrow them down. Demons attack at night so let’s stay here today and pick a nearby town tonight and then make plans to investigate them tomorrow. Sound good?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad 781, if you feel lost on what to do, let me know. Basically, try working together to form a plan on investigation like we are and I might PM one of you guys on a plan later. ^.^ Let me know if you have any questions.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

I'm getting nachos~
— BluesClues