z

Young Writers Society

Island of Despair (Starting)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:02 am
Cspr says...

((Yeah, my parents are pretty upset about that, too... They get more upset when my medical condition pops up...for some reason... Dramatized Examples: A. "You got an F in math? Okay. Try harder." B. "Stop thrashing like you're having a seizure and go clean up!" >.> Weirdos. Ha ha. Good luck with those grades, though.))

Caden:

I just nodded. "The co-pilots dead, though." I blink and snap my mouth closed. I hadn't meant to say that. I give him an odd look as I compute the last bit. "That's not funny." My left hand clenches at my side, but I manage to relax myself. I see the others--Jessica, Jesse (it was Jesse, right?), that weird blonde girl, and the bossy girl all in a circle. They seem to be fine, at least.
But how long will it take for it to go "Lord of the Flies"?
Pessimistic, much?

((P.S. Both of you, expect surprises. Now, to hunt down the other members of this storybook who aren't posting... >.> ))
Chryssa2305 wrote:(lol, nah, nothing like that. Just grades. )

Zayne:

"You talk because you are nervous," I smile at him. "And I've only met you, Ria here, and two others. From what I can tell, it's only small stuff. I think you'll be fine, as long as you don't mind people's limbs being torn off." I shrug, grinning indifference.
Ria gawked at me, though, "What? There's no way!"
"You didn't see the blood!"
She paused, noted my grin and punched me in the arm, "You jerk!"
She sure could punch, I thought as I rubbed my arm. I'm sure they'll be a bruise there in the morning. "Sadist," I muttered as we walked back, nearing the others.
My SPD senses are tingling.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:40 am
Chryssa2305 says...

(My mom does the EXACT SAME THING XDDD)
(Surprises? o.o)

Ria:
As we finally cane to a halt in the loose circle with the others Zayne pipes up, "Found him!" and hands Miranda the first aid kit.
"Hi everyone." I say, waving my hand in general acknowledgement, "Name's Ria. Good to meet you all. I thought there'd be more that survived.."
"I bet there are." Zayne said, "I bet they're around...somewhere. Wanna go look for them?"
MDR FTW X3

DANCER

180 Reviews

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:43 am
Cspr says...

Miranda:

"Hello," I say kindly to the lot and Annalise immediately moves over to Caden, who looked down at her in confusion. "We were discussing food, actually. Some of us are getting hungry, unsurprisingly." I glanced over at the brother and sister, before looking back at the girl, Ria, and the boy.
"There's people still in the plane," Annalise piped up. "Asleep," she whispered, as if it were confidential.
I winced and I'm pretty sure Caden did as well. "And some of us aren't...well about now. If you feel up to it, you could. I wouldn't suggest leaving the beach, though. You can get lost easily in swamps--everything looks the same, a bunch of cypresses and water."
I glanced over the pair. "I'm glad you two are fine, though. Very thankful."

Caden:

I kept quiet, just watching everyone--to test for reactions. I did bend down slightly to talk to the blonde girl, though. "Did you hit your head, honey?" I asked in my softest voice. I didn't know her, but something had happened.
"No." She giggled. "I just broke the cockpit glass. I feel bad for the pilot, though.
Feel bad for the co-pilot, too.
I just sighed. She probably was traumatized or something like that. She seemed to be at the level of an eight-year-old, otherwise.
I couldn't help but jerk away when she grabbed onto my shirt, though. "Um, I have a hurt back."
"That's no good..."

((Weird/awesome. o.o ;)
Yup. *evil face* Maybe after the first night or so [in RP]...but soon...))

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Chryssa2305 says...

(WHere did everyone else GO? )

Ria:
"No problem, Miranda." Zayme smiles as he stares out over the ocean.
I piped up, "Maybe for food we could just use what we have on us right now. Like fruits and things from the island and whatever we have in our back pa--"
I was cut off as Zayne swore loudly and threw his bag on the ground. He dropped to his knees beside it and started frantically searching through it. He pulled out two soggy books with a depressed look, "Loooook," he whined. I swear I saw tears in his eyes, "The ocean KILLED my books!"
"I-I'm sorry..." I paused, thinking longingly of my sketchpad, which was probably ruined as well. "Your books aren't the problem right now, though, Zayne." I hit him again, "Man up! We need to gather everyone else and find food."
He sighed and bowed over his backpack, searching through it some more.
MDR FTW X3

DANCER

180 Reviews

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:18 am
Cspr says...

((I dunno. I was waiting for someone to post. ...I probably should actually send people a message. :/ Those that aren't posting/haven't posted more than a profile.))

Miranda:

"That stinks," I say, glancing over at the two as they sort through their backpacks. "I don't know if I have anything in my bag, but I'll check." I tack on, moving away a bit.

"I guess I could go look for some fruit or something," Caden suggested.

"You're hurt." I hear my friend speak up and my gaze snaps on over to Annalise. "I'll go."
"But..."
"But what?"
"Um, never mind."

I watch as she skips off with round eyes, before turning my fiercest glare on the kid. "What?" Caden asks me in response. I can only sigh.

Caden:

I drag my bag closer to the others, from where I'd dropped it, and look over the goods of the other kids. "You could probably save those books if you dry 'em out," I suggest to the girl-guy, Zayne. "Might help." I shrug and just start sorting through my own stuff. "If not, I probably have a book in here...I forget which ones I brought...one second..." I mutter, as I continue to paw through my backpack.
"Wait, no, I don't have any," I lie, skipping over "The Phantom Public" quickly. I toss a few protein bars at the bossy girl, however. "I have some food, though."

180 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:32 pm
Cspr says...

Miranda:

I catch one of the protein bars and smile halfway at the guy. "Good," I say carefully, before gathering them all up and putting them in a pile by my feet. Anyone who wanted them could get them.
"So..." I look around. "Care to share names and introduce ourselves if we haven't already? I'm Miranda DeRossi, for example."

"Caden," the red-haired boy said with a small wave.
"I'm Annalise," my blonde-haired friend said. I smiled at her.

"Don't we have bigger things to worry about, though?" Caden asked pointedly. I winced.
"We'll deal with bigger issues once we're a cohesive unit."
He just stared at me. Awkward...

((Hello? Anyone here, eh?))

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind